List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Preempting Y&R

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Preempting Y&R

Started by Pjki at 2013/01/17 04:35PM
    Latest post: 2013/01/21 08:26PM, Views: 7686, Replies: 123
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #41   2013/01/18 02:47PM
    Re: Preempting Y&R
    Jtsbaby2010

I agree with you. I hate when obama gets on the tv and makes me miss half my soaps or sometimes even all my soaps. Makes me sad.

#42   2013/01/18 03:09PM
    HOT PINK

YR and EVERY soap/TV show has been preempted on January 20 (or January 21) since the early days of TV in order to broadcast the Presidential Inauguration. The Inauguration happens every four years no matter who the President of the United States is. It has been that way since I was a child and it will continue to happen (forever) probably.

I do agree that YR seems to be the soap that is preempted most; and, it gets very frustrating for us fans. And, with basketball tournaments starting in a few weeks, it's only going to get worse. Hopefully, during the games, if you have your DVR/Tivo's set to record the show, they will automatically record no matter what time of day (or night) it is on (at least my DVR does).

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/18 03:10PM
    #43   2013/01/18 04:19PM
    SanDiegoSteve_1

Quote Pjki: Monday January 21:
    "Y&R" is pre-empted for the Presidential Inauguration.

I hate that they are preempting Y&R for PI. Some of us don't care about king Obama. So put him on his own channel, and at least give the "momentarily free people" a choice!!! Leave my programs alone. Don't be like Communist countries where the president's face is on every channel. When that day comes, I will trash my TV.

Maybe SOAP channel will run Monday's episode. Hoping.

I'm with you. Won't be watching. Will have TV turned to the OFF position until the thing's over. Then I'll watch it on the SOAP channel if it's even airing.

#44   2013/01/18 04:25PM
    Starlight77

Quote Pjki: Thank you. I figured I'd get negative responses on this one lol. But hey, I'm a big fan of Y&R; not a fan at all of Obama. So I figure those who love and afore him can watch. But as for me, I'd rather watch Y&R. Just sayin'.

It doesnt matter who the President is, his/her Inauguration, will always get press coverage, and on any given day, whatever he or she has to say, is more important than a trival and fictional soap opera. They turn off Y and R for much less important stuff, like golf tornaments, and NCAA basketball so I'd expect nothing less for the President of the United States. People don't have to like him or her, but they do have to show him/her Respect.

When I speak of a "her"... I'm speaking futuristically of coarse.

#45   2013/01/18 04:28PM
    Starlight77

Quote pink kiity: good day to sleep in you can count me out on watching king obama on monday i will be one of the million who wont be watching it sleeping in yawn yawn boring

I think is cool that you Speak of President Obama as "King Obama... I guess he is an equivolent of a King if the U.S, still recognized that kind of hierachy....lol. King Obama, has a nice ring to it.

#46   2013/01/18 04:30PM
    bukopandan

Quote Starlight77:
    Quote Pjki: Thank you. I figured I'd get negative responses on this one lol. But hey, I'm a big fan of Y&R; not a fan at all of Obama. So I figure those who love and afore him can watch. But as for me, I'd rather watch Y&R. Just sayin'.

It doesnt matter who the President is, his/her Inauguration, will always get press coverage, and on any given day, whatever he or she has to say, is more important than a trival and fictional soap opera. They turn off Y and R for much less important stuff, like golf tornaments, and NCAA basketball so I'd expect nothing less for the President of the United States. People don't have to like him or her, but they do have to show him/her Respect.

Yeah! Maybe not by 2016, but 2020? We shall see.

Starlight, not trying to be nosy here, but I haven't seen your posts in a while--have I been somehow overlooking them?

#47   2013/01/18 04:38PM
    Re: Preem.. pting Y&R
    Starlight77

Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Starlight77:

Starlight, not trying to be nosy here, but I haven't seen your posts in a while--have I been somehow overlooking them?

Oh Hi! You've havent missed my posts...lol, I just hadnt been watching Y and R much, and just read the MB... today however, I felt like responding...lol.

I know everyone does'nt like our President. Fair enough. I didnt care for Frm.Pres. Bush... but nonetheless, they are the President, and whomever holds the office, deserves our respect.

#48   2013/01/18 04:53PM
    Barbyboo

Didn't someone post this last time, the President is more important than a soap......

#49   2013/01/18 05:30PM
    Cat12

Quote Starlight77:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Starlight77:

Oh Hi! You've havent missed my posts...lol, I just hadnt been watching Y and R much, and just read the MB... today however, I felt like responding...lol.

I know everyone does'nt like our President. Fair enough. I didnt care for Frm.Pres. Bush... but nonetheless, they are the President, and whomever holds the office, deserves our respect.

I agree, well said. I'm not a supporter of President Obama, but I do respect him as our President.

#50   2013/01/18 06:01PM
    Tiny Bubbles

This show is so boring and so nothing going on that I think it might be wroth missing. History is being made on this day, and on this show nothing is being made but probably a bunch of really nasty old cupcakes. I would rather watch the history of my country being made any day than a bunch of nothing garbage on a trash soap opera.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list