List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Preempting Y&R

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Preempting Y&R

Started by Pjki at 2013/01/17 04:35PM
    Latest post: 2013/01/21 08:26PM, Views: 7677, Replies: 123
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:
    #101   2013/01/20 10:58PM
    Re: Preempting Y&R
    yandrfanx_

CBS needs to stop pre-emting the soaps anyways cuz I'm getting sick of it, as it needs to be stopped.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/20 11:00PM
    #102   2013/01/20 11:01PM
    HOT PINK

Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_: I hope the basketball has a lockout where the players won't be playing at all so the games don't pre-empt Y&R and B&B.

YR and BB will be preempted for basketball during March like they are every year. As I said in my earlier post, the soaps will probably air late at night during March Madness. Having a DVR helps since it automatically records scheduled shows no matter what time they come on.

I hope there isn't any basketball for March Madness and I hope they have the basketball on the weekend and not on Monday - Friday and it won't be on every single Monday if it's on a Monday.

The basketball will air on Thursday and Fridays in March when it's on, not on Mondays.

#103   2013/01/21 07:09AM
    sunmama

The big three networks and their "news" is so outdated. I don't need them telling me what and how to think. If I want to watch or need news I have better places to get it and its right in my hand not from the likes of Matty Lauer, Bob Schieffer, the 60 minutes or dateline crowd. Journalism is non existent with that crowd to begin with.

With the 24/7 news networks they don't need to be cutting into any programs, just run a crawler and if you need to know more watch some other dayem station. I remember a long time ago Dan Rather, butting in on GL at 3:50 with some breaking news that could have waited until 4pm, it was the day Amanda found out at her "real" mother's murder trial that she was really a Spaulding, and just as they were making the big reveal here comes Dan Dan the garbage man, that was back in the day when you had no other way of watching, and they never replayed it, what a waste of over a year of build up only to not even get to see everyone's reaction. It was the last day CBS ever graced my TV for news. CBS does itself no favors broadcasting news during soaps of all things, most watchers of soaps figure it can wait unless its something life threatening like a nuclear attack. Another thing when they show March madness during daytime, who exactly is watching it? Most of the men's who bet on it and are so into it are working anyway, so how are they watching it to begin with?

#104   2013/01/21 07:47AM
    LilMonkey84

Quote sunmama: The big three networks and their "news" is so outdated. I don't need them telling me what and how to think. If I want to watch or need news I have better places to get it and its right in my hand not from the likes of Matty Lauer, Bob Schieffer, the 60 minutes or dateline crowd. Journalism is non existent with that crowd to begin with.

With the 24/7 news networks they don't need to be cutting into any programs, just run a crawler and if you need to know more watch some other dayem station.

So what about people who only have basic cable? Should they not have the privilege of watching important moments in our history because they can't afford to pay for digital cable? Not everyone gets the 24/7 news channels ya know...

#105   2013/01/21 07:54AM
    luckeylk

Quote maja: @Pjki they have always prempted regular programming for Presidental Innaugarations no matter what the political party of that person is in. For goodness sake get a grip, it's just one day and no the episode won't be shown on Soap Net you'll have to wait until Tuesday .Also, if you want to make political statements go to a board that discusses politics, there are plenty of them.

ITA!

#106   2013/01/21 07:59AM
    mommmy

Quote LilMonkey84:
    Quote sunmama: The big three networks and their "news" is so outdated. I don't need them telling me what and how to think. If I want to watch or need news I have better places to get it and its right in my hand not from the likes of Matty Lauer, Bob Schieffer, the 60 minutes or dateline crowd. Journalism is non existent with that crowd to begin with.

With the 24/7 news networks they don't need to be cutting into any programs, just run a crawler and if you need to know more watch some other dayem station.

So what about people who only have basic cable? Should they not have the privilege of watching important moments in our history because they can't afford to pay for digital cable? Not everyone gets the 24/7 news channels ya know...

Yeah really, I just don't get all the fuss. I mean its only a soap and its only gone for one day you would think the world is coming to an end, lol.

#107   2013/01/21 08:03AM
    lvsdasnow

They may keep me from watching the Y&R and B&B but I promise, I am not interested in the same ole same ole speaches and lies so I will keep my TV off and my internet on. will be right here.

#108   2013/01/21 08:04AM
    LilMonkey84

Quote mommmy:
    Quote LilMonkey84:

Yeah really, I just don't get all the fuss. I mean its only a soap and its only gone for one day you would think the world is coming to an end, lol.

I don't get it either, but apparently for some their world is coming to an end, lol. Wait until March Madness starts...we'll be talking some down from the rooftops

#109   2013/01/21 08:12AM
    mommmy

Quote LilMonkey84:
    Quote mommmy:
    Quote LilMonkey84:

I don't get it either, but apparently for some their world is coming to an end, lol. Wait until March Madness starts...we'll be talking some down from the rooftops

Oh boy can hardly wait, lol.

#110   2013/01/21 08:15AM
    SanDiegoSteve_1

Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_: I hope the basketball has a lockout where the players won't be playing at all so the games don't pre-empt Y&R and B&B.

YR and BB will be preempted for basketball during March like they are every year. As I said in my earlier post, the soaps will probably air late at night during March Madness. Having a DVR helps since it automatically records scheduled shows no matter what time they come on.

I hope there isn't any basketball for March Madness and I hope they have the basketball on the weekend and not on Monday - Friday and it won't be on every single Monday if it's on a Monday.

Well, you're certainly entitled to hope. However, there will be basketball. There will be March Madness. It will be on CBS. It will be on during the week. It will preempt Y&R. I always has. It always will.

CBS is not a "soap opera channel," and doesn't exist merely to show The Young and the Restless. CBS Sports is the networks' flagship and bread & butter. They don't bring in a whole helluva lot of revenue from soap operas, that's for sure.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/21 08:17AM
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list