List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Preempting Y&R

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Preempting Y&R

Started by Pjki at 2013/01/17 04:35PM
    Latest post: 2013/01/21 08:26PM, Views: 7580, Replies: 123
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:
    #91   2013/01/20 10:14PM
    Re: Preempting Y&R
    yandrfanx_

Quote mommmy:
    Quote yandrfanx_: The Presidential Inauguration doesn't need to be aired on channel 2, 4 and 62, it only needs to be aired on channel 7 and that's it.

Well its always going to be that way so deal.

No I'm not gonna deal with it cuz it does not need to be aired on all local channels, it only needs to be aired on 1 channel and that's channel 7, Why air the same crap on channels 4, 7 and 62 when it's gonna be talking about the same crap, if people wants to watch it then they can watch it on channel 7 but they need to leave our soaps on CBS alone.

#92   2013/01/20 10:29PM
    HOT PINK

Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote mommmy:
    Quote yandrfanx_: The Presidential Inauguration doesn't need to be aired on channel 2, 4 and 62, it only needs to be aired on channel 7 and that's it.

No I'm not gonna deal with it cuz it does not need to be aired on all local channels, it only needs to be aired on 1 channel and that's channel 7, Why air the same crap on channels 4, 7 and 62 when it's gonna be talking about the same crap, if people wants to watch it then they can watch it on channel 7 but they need to leave our soaps on CBS alone.

If you're this upset about the soaps being preempted ONCE every FOUR years for the Presidential Inauguration, I hate to think how you're going to react when "March Madness" (basketball) starts airing on CBS in a few weeks. YR and BB will be preempted a few times in March, though they will probably air late at night (at least they do in my area).

Tomorrow, ALL of the major networks (CBS, ABC, NBC, and even PBS stations) will be broadcasting the Inauguration starting at 7 am, which means soaps and other shows will be preempted. Might as well resign yourself to that fact. At least you'll have something to look forward to on Tuesday.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/20 10:30PM
    #93   2013/01/20 10:35PM
    SanDiegoSteve_1

Basketball is worth missing a few shows for. The dude getting another 4 tomorrow, not so much. Why is CBS the only one extending the coverage until 1 PM PST? Everyone else is stopping much earlier. I'm sure CBS pundits can't wait to pontificate and bloviate on the virtues of his royal highness.

#94   2013/01/20 10:35PM
    yandrfanx_

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote mommmy:

If you're this upset about the soaps being preempted ONCE every FOUR years for the Presidential Inauguration, I hate to think how you're going to react when "March Madness" (basketball) starts airing on CBS in a few weeks. YR and BB will be preempted a few times in March, though they will probably air late at night (at least they do in my area).

Tomorrow, ALL of the major networks (CBS, ABC, NBC, and even PBS stations) will be broadcasting the Inauguration starting at 7 am, which means soaps and other shows will be preempted. Might as well resign yourself to that fact. At least you'll have something to look forward to on Tuesday.

It's from 10am - 4:00pm on CBS, and 10:am - 3pm on NBC and ABC and CBS isn't a sports channel so they don't need to air basketball on CBS, basketball belongs on sports channels and I hope basketball will be aired on the weekends if it's gonna be aired on CBS.

#95   2013/01/20 10:38PM
    SanDiegoSteve_1

Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote mommmy:

It's from 10am - 4:00pm on CBS, and 10:am - 3pm on NBC and ABC and CBS isn't a sports channel so they don't need to air basketball on CBS, basketball belongs on sports channels and I hope basketball will be aired on the weekends if it's gonna be aired on CBS.

On the contrary, CBS is a sports station, as is NBC and ABC as well. The NCAA tournament has always aired on CBS and always preempts Y&R every year. CBS has been broadcasting sports since it first came on when television was invented.

#96   2013/01/20 10:42PM
    HOT PINK

Quote SanDiegoSteve_1: Basketball is worth missing a few shows for. The dude getting another 4 tomorrow, not so much. Why is CBS the only one extending the coverage until 1 PM PST? Everyone else is stopping much earlier. I'm sure CBS pundits can't wait to pontificate and bloviate on the virtues of his royal highness.

Hi, Steve - Where I live, the Inauguration starts at 7 am and won't end until 4 pm, at least that's what it says in my local TV Guide. ABC is the only network that will have regular programming (Dr Phil) on at 3 pm. With the upcoming basketball, they will air YR late at night (probably), and my DVR will automatically record the show no matter what time it comes on.

#97   2013/01/20 10:45PM
    HOT PINK

Quote SanDiegoSteve_1:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote mommmy:

On the contrary, CBS is a sports station, as is NBC and ABC as well. The NCAA tournament has always aired on CBS and always preempts Y&R every year. CBS has been broadcasting sports since it first came on when television was invented.

Until cable was invented, there were no "sports channels." CBS, NBC and ABC always aired football, basketball, the Olympics, etc.

#98   2013/01/20 10:50PM
    yandrfanx_

I hope the basketball teams has a lockout where the players won't be playing at all so the games don't pre-empt Y&R and B&B.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/20 10:53PM
    #99   2013/01/20 10:56PM
    HOT PINK

Quote yandrfanx_: I hope the basketball has a lockout where the players won't be playing at all so the games don't pre-empt Y&R and B&B.

YR and BB will be preempted for basketball during March like they are every year. As I said in my earlier post, the soaps will probably air late at night during March Madness. Having a DVR helps since it automatically records scheduled shows no matter what time they come on.

#100   2013/01/20 10:58PM
    yandrfanx_

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_: I hope the basketball has a lockout where the players won't be playing at all so the games don't pre-empt Y&R and B&B.

YR and BB will be preempted for basketball during March like they are every year. As I said in my earlier post, the soaps will probably air late at night during March Madness. Having a DVR helps since it automatically records scheduled shows no matter what time they come on.

I hope there isn't any basketball for March Madness and I hope they have the basketball on the weekend and not on Monday - Friday and it won't be on every single Monday if it's on a Monday.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list