List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Adam is not good enough for Sharon

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Adam is not good enough for Sharon

Started by Yas25 at 2013/01/17 03:57AM
    Latest post: 2013/01/20 09:23PM, Views: 1192, Replies: 25
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/01/17 10:38AM
    Re: Adam is not good enough for Sharon
    weatherholt3

My opinion what I see is that Adam and Sharon are obsessed with each other, she feels sorry for him because of the way the Newmans treats him (well all of GC treats him), and he doesn't want Sharon to go back to Nick, so he plays mind games with her.He went after Sharon to get back at Nick plus it was a very low time in her life he took advantage of that and she hooked-up with Adam because everybody was telling her to stay away from him on top of it was a very low time in her life because of what Adam did to her. Yes he did save Noah from the fire and Faith during the tornado(plus he sat that up because he knew what kind of heart she had) but that doesn't make up for him taking Faith and making Sharon believe she was dead, like Dr Taylor told Adam if you really love Sharon tell her the truth but he made it all about him. He would lose everything. Look at the things he did, broke Cassie picture because it was something her and Nick shared, he made sure Nick would catch them two in bed together, everytime she tired to call it off he would stalk her and play mind games with her(there are too many things he did to Sharon to name them all) he did everything to make his self look good to Sharon when all the time he was just evil. I will never like them as a couple because of how he went after her after what he did to her. Sharon knows they aren't good together because she isn't herself with him(she's told him this). IF they really loved each other they would let each other go so they could move on.(you know the saying if you really love someone the best thing you could do for them is to let them go when you know its not right)

#12   2013/01/17 10:45AM
    valleycliffe

Quote kenerly1:
    Quote Yas25: This may be an unpopular opinion but Adam is not good enough for Sharon. I mean even after he threw away evidence that could have freed her from jail, she still went to him to tell him about Victor's plan early last year that would have got Adam into trouble with the SCC and in jail. Yet Adam never bothers to help her (regardless of how he helped with her Bipolar). When she found out about Patty and she left him because it was another lie and she did not know if she could trust him not to hurt her or hurt Faith, he never bothered to try to gain her trust again or even try to have a friendship with her. Think about it after all, the reason she could not trust him was because he left her to rot in jail and why all because she took comfort in Sam, never mind he has been with Sky for convenience. The least Adam could have done was to try to push for a friendship with Sharon, he could have tried to protect her from the Newmans and if they were friends he could have advised Sharon against pursuing a relationship with Victor. Secondly he could have thrown his support behind her during the time she was Newman CEO and the Newmans were attacking her. He just told her when everything goes to hell to not call him. Considering the number of times he has stalked her even after leaving her to rot in jail, he still would try to talk to her push for a relationship yet when she leaves him usually because of something terrible he has done he does not even bother to be her friend or ally against the Newmans.

Sure Sharon shouldn’t keep forgiving him especially after he let her rot in jail, but he never bothers to be honest with her, he could have told Sharon the truth at the Kansas farm when once again she was putting her life on hold and sacrificing time with Faith to help him (after he was blind), he should have told her the truth about Patty. At least then she would have been angry at first but she would have eventually forgiven him. He made love to her without even telling him the truth and later gets angry when after finding out the truth about Patty, she leaves him and after that he moves on with his life. He never lets Sharon move on even after everything he has done to her, but he moves on when she has left him always because of his actions, he never once bother to gain her trust or push for a friendship the way he stalks her all those many times when he wants Sharon to give him another chance. When she asked him for a chance when she was with victor, he left her, told her everything in New Orleans was a fantasy. He never even remembered or appreciated the time she gave up with Faith to help him when he was blind.

Hey I know he helped her with the breakdown and bipolar but as far as I am concerned he owed her. She needs to take a cue from Adam and move on from him. Not get married immediately since that is the last thing she needs right now and she may not even be ready for a relationship but she needs to move on from him.

I am a Sharon fan, I love her character and I love her scenes at work even though she is still in Adam’s orbit. I love the way she impressed both Adam and Billy at work. But she needs to close the door on Shadam and move on. She deserves so much better. I hate how the male characters even those who are ruthless like Adam and Victor can be happy, Adam moves on with Chelsea and until recently was at least happy. I would like to see Sharon happy with another man and Adam being jealous for once. I would like to see the Sharon characters get great one liners like Adam does. I prefer her character to have strong business role and be written as capable as Adam is written. Enough with Shadam, he has done too much too her, letting her rot in jail after everything should have been the last straw. I just feel he has not loved her enough, has not done anything much or sacrificed much like she has done for him and sacrificed for him. If it weren’t for Sharon he would have been rotting in jail a long time ago and still rotting in there.

wonderful well thought out post..I agree 100%..I would even try to like Adam if they would do away with the thought of putting these two together due to all you mentioned in your post..and for the naysayers..No mom would ever give a slime that kidnapped her child told her she was deformed and dead, the time of day and to sleep with him and 'love" him is unthinkable..would never happen to a person like Sharon..she used to have some sense.

i am going to give both these posts an AAAMENNN and 2 thumbs up.

now that her mental illness is getting under control, i hope to never see her romantically involved with her babynapper again. gross and disgusting.

#13   2013/01/17 10:54AM
    Its not real

What I hope is that when Sharon gets better, she will be well enough to figure out what she really wants in her life, and strong enough to take it, no matter what other people think.

I think Sharon has always put too much effort into pleasing everyone around her and second guesses her decisions every time someone tells her she is wrong. She needs to stop worrying so much about what everyone else wants and figure out what is right for her.

Maybe it will be to move on from Adam, maybe not that's up to her to decide and up to him to decide whether he wants to be with her too.

#14   2013/01/17 11:02AM
    sugar543_99

sure Adam had his part in letting Sharon stay in prison longer than needed due to the fact that he threw away the evidence. but in all reality it was Victor that could have prevented her from even going to prison in the first place. this whole sl is all because Victor's plan backfired and Sharon took the fall for it.

#15   2013/01/17 11:04AM
    velle

well may be Adam. don't belongs with sharon are not. but I sure don't see A reason to keep.. him involved with A woman that he don't really don't love the way he should and all he seems to do . is make her cry and.. tell one lies after another to her and keeps her wondering if ..she will every come first to him and no matter what does it,s never enough for him to do the right things by and. put her befour his job are other people. where she has to see that she will never be first in his heart thats not real Either

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/17 11:06AM
    #16   2013/01/19 06:40PM
    aquarius50

Quote Yas25: I guess I just think the way he loves her isn't good enough. So just because they love each other does not mean they should be together. Sharon deserves better.

I absolutely agree!....great post. To this day, he's still taking advantage of her by keeping her close by, just in case. I've always said, he may be good to her, but he's just not good for her

#17   2013/01/19 09:32PM
    shadamagains...

Imo - Adam and sharon are perfect for each other. Yes he is good enough. Lets look at pos/neg.

Negatives - he stole faith, he let her rot in jail by destroying evidence, he broke picture frame on purpose, he stalked her, he email nick on sharon so that nick catches them in bed, he didnt come clean about patty, he continue to lie even after falling in love, he frame nick for murder

Positives-he saved noah, faith, eden, the dog Fischer and Sharon. He track down Koa and the sharon's camera. He committed perjury to get victor to testify on sharon's behalf. Even though it was phillis that helpe sharon to get the murder charges drop, Adam tried to get indecent pictures of him and heather. He asked nick what it would take for sharon to get joint custody of faith and the answer was him leaving town. He is putting his life which include his job, his wife and criminal activities to help her get rid of arson charges.

Adam is not a saint, he made mistakes same with sharon. She set the fire to the ranch, she lied to Nick about victor's death. she let newman enterprises fall into jack's hands. Is sharon good enough for Adam and is Adam good enough for sharon? If not who is good enough for them? Chelsea, nick, sam, victor, tucker, skye or a new person.

#18   2013/01/19 09:47PM
    shadamagains...

Quote Its not real:
    Quote Yas25: This may be an unpopular opinion but Adam is not good enough for Sharon. I mean even after he threw away evidence that could have freed her from jail, she still went to him to tell him about Victor's plan early last year that would have got Adam into trouble with the SCC and in jail. Yet Adam never bothers to help her (regardless of how he helped with her Bipolar). When she found out about Patty and she left him because it was another lie and she did not know if she could trust him not to hurt her or hurt Faith, he never bothered to try to gain her trust again or even try to have a friendship with her. Think about it after all, the reason she could not trust him was because he left her to rot in jail and why all because she took comfort in Sam, never mind he has been with Sky for convenience. The least Adam could have done was to try to push for a friendship with Sharon, he could have tried to protect her from the Newmans and if they were friends he could have advised Sharon against pursuing a relationship with Victor. Secondly he could have thrown his support behind her during the time she was Newman CEO and the Newmans were attacking her. He just told her when everything goes to hell to not call him. Considering the number of times he has stalked her even after leaving her to rot in jail, he still would try to talk to her push for a relationship yet when she leaves him usually because of something terrible he has done he does not even bother to be her friend or ally against the Newmans.

Sure Sharon shouldn’t keep forgiving him especially after he let her rot in jail, but he never bothers to be honest with her, he could have told Sharon the truth at the Kansas farm when once again she was putting her life on hold and sacrificing time with Faith to help him (after he was blind), he should have told her the truth about Patty. At least then she would have been angry at first but she would have eventually forgiven him. He made love to her without even telling him the truth and later gets angry when after finding out the truth about Patty, she leaves him and after that he moves on with his life. He never lets Sharon move on even after everything he has done to her, but he moves on when she has left him always because of his actions, he never once bother to gain her trust or push for a friendship the way he stalks her all those many times when he wants Sharon to give him another chance. When she asked him for a chance when she was with victor, he left her, told her everything in New Orleans was a fantasy. He never even remembered or appreciated the time she gave up with Faith to help him when he was blind.

Hey I know he helped her with the breakdown and bipolar but as far as I am concerned he owed her. She needs to take a cue from Adam and move on from him. Not get married immediately since that is the last thing she needs right now and she may not even be ready for a relationship but she needs to move on from him.

I am a Sharon fan, I love her character and I love her scenes at work even though she is still in Adam’s orbit. I love the way she impressed both Adam and Billy at work. But she needs to close the door on Shadam and move on. She deserves so much better. I hate how the male characters even those who are ruthless like Adam and Victor can be happy, Adam moves on with Chelsea and until recently was at least happy. I would like to see Sharon happy with another man and Adam being jealous for once. I would like to see the Sharon characters get great one liners like Adam does. I prefer her character to have strong business role and be written as capable as Adam is written. Enough with Shadam, he has done too much too her, letting her rot in jail after everything should have been the last straw. I just feel he has not loved her enough, has not done anything much or sacrificed much like she has done for him and sacrificed for him. If it weren’t for Sharon he would have been rotting in jail a long time ago and still rotting in there.

I understand people who don't want Shadam together because of the horrible;e things that Adam did before he really knew Sharon. I don't agree, as I like Shadam as a couple but I do understand where they are coming from but I honestly don't agree with your points about him not being there for her.

"When she found out about Patty and she left him because it was another lie and she did not know if she could trust him not to hurt her or hurt Faith, he never bothered to try to gain her trust again or even try to have a friendship with her."

Adam begged her not to leave him but she did anyway, it wasn't the first time, and it was, as she was always telling him, because of her need to be with and protect her child.

After putting his cards on the table and telling her that he didn't deserve her, but he really needed her, Adam respected her wishes and didn't harass her. He still was willing to talk to her, whenever she approached him, but he respected her stated need not to be with him and stopped actively pursuing her out of respect for her wishes. But at that point he was still open to a relationship with her, I think.

When she stopped by with the birthday card, even though he was with Chelsea, he made time for her and tried to put her at ease but, it was an awkward situation, and Sharon fled. When he later opened the card you could see that he was hoping for something special or some indictaion of an interest in re-kindling things but instead the message was something along the lines of "Have a nice life" and didn't hold out much encouragement for a renewal of their relationship.

"he could have tried to protect her from the Newmans and if they were friends he could have advised Sharon against pursuing a relationship with Victor."

He did. He spoke to her on a couple of occasions about it and she rejected his advice. One thing about Adam is that unlike Nick and Victor he doesn't usually try to force Sharon into things. He will plead his case with her, he may try to sweep her off her feet, but if she doesn't go along he doesn't start trying to intimidate her into it. She basically told him that she didn't care what anyone thought it was her life and he backed off...he didn't condemn her for it he let her make her own choices.

When she was up for the job at Newman and most of the board was against it, he went to the meeting and threw his support behind her.

Later, when some other business contact was threatening to make a big story about how Sharon had a personal relationship with Victor, and go to the board with that to try to get her kicked out of her new job, Adam told him that if he did, he would go public with some dirt he had on that guys dealings and so warned him off trying to take Sharon out. I remember that whole scene very well because Chelsea saw what was going on and, at that time, she told Adam that she thought it was 'nice' that, even though he and Sharon were no longer together, he would still want to protect her.

"Secondly he could have thrown his support behind her during the time she was Newman CEO and the Newmans were attacking her."

Again, when she decided to take over at Newman he went and tried to talk her out of it, but again, she rejected his advice and in fact told him that he should mind his own business. She was, in fact, she said, learning from him and becoming more ruthless and if he didn't like it he could just get lost. And remember, at the same time, he was trying to start over and build a new life with someone else, as she had repeatedly told him to do. And again, unlike Nick and Victor, he didn't have a big hissy fit, he didn't vow revenge like Victor would do, he didn't try to punish her like Nick would do when she tried to do something he didn't approve of, he gave her his advice and then left her to make up her own mind.

He has never, that I can remember, said anything bad about Sharon and the few times that Chelsea tried to dis her he would stop her.

I agree that he owes her and that is why he needed to come to her rescue after the fire whether his wife liked it or not, but I don't agree that he has never helped her or stood up for her.

I laugh every time I read those posts about how Adam is just out to control Sharon...of all the guys she has been with he is, to me, the least controlling. He actually seems to respect her as a person and to feel that she should have the right to make her own decisions, about her own life. After the way Nick tried to control her and Victor tried to use her, I find that refreshing.

Preach it sister. I agree 100%. nick and victor are all about themselves where as Adam is all about Sharon.

#19   2013/01/20 12:50AM
    Tiny Bubbles

Considering that this trick has slept her way through the entire Newman family of men, she is lucky to get Adam or any Newman male, for that matter. As for her being too good? Not hardly. This little circus dog has done her way thorugh families of men and while she may be the Newman family service station and the town loone, I think that she would be lucky to get Adam. She ain't worth much else.

#20   2013/01/20 12:03PM
    Coonfoot

Quote Tiny Bubbles: Considering that this trick has slept her way through the entire Newman family of men, she is lucky to get Adam or any Newman male, for that matter. As for her being too good? Not hardly. This little circus dog has done her way thorugh families of men and while she may be the Newman family service station and the town loone, I think that she would be lucky to get Adam. She ain't worth much else.

Well, I WAS enjoying reading this thread.....until now.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list