List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Adam is not good enough for Sharon

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Adam is not good enough for Sharon

Started by Yas25 at 2013/01/17 03:57AM
    Latest post: 2013/01/20 09:23PM, Views: 1095, Replies: 25
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2013/01/17 03:57AM
    Adam is not good enough for Sharon
    Yas25

This may be an unpopular opinion but Adam is not good enough for Sharon. I mean even after he threw away evidence that could have freed her from jail, she still went to him to tell him about Victor's plan early last year that would have got Adam into trouble with the SCC and in jail. Yet Adam never bothers to help her (regardless of how he helped with her Bipolar). When she found out about Patty and she left him because it was another lie and she did not know if she could trust him not to hurt her or hurt Faith, he never bothered to try to gain her trust again or even try to have a friendship with her. Think about it after all, the reason she could not trust him was because he left her to rot in jail and why all because she took comfort in Sam, never mind he has been with Sky for convenience. The least Adam could have done was to try to push for a friendship with Sharon, he could have tried to protect her from the Newmans and if they were friends he could have advised Sharon against pursuing a relationship with Victor. Secondly he could have thrown his support behind her during the time she was Newman CEO and the Newmans were attacking her. He just told her when everything goes to hell to not call him. Considering the number of times he has stalked her even after leaving her to rot in jail, he still would try to talk to her push for a relationship yet when she leaves him usually because of something terrible he has done he does not even bother to be her friend or ally against the Newmans.

Sure Sharon shouldn’t keep forgiving him especially after he let her rot in jail, but he never bothers to be honest with her, he could have told Sharon the truth at the Kansas farm when once again she was putting her life on hold and sacrificing time with Faith to help him (after he was blind), he should have told her the truth about Patty. At least then she would have been angry at first but she would have eventually forgiven him. He made love to her without even telling him the truth and later gets angry when after finding out the truth about Patty, she leaves him and after that he moves on with his life. He never lets Sharon move on even after everything he has done to her, but he moves on when she has left him always because of his actions, he never once bother to gain her trust or push for a friendship the way he stalks her all those many times when he wants Sharon to give him another chance. When she asked him for a chance when she was with victor, he left her, told her everything in New Orleans was a fantasy. He never even remembered or appreciated the time she gave up with Faith to help him when he was blind.

Hey I know he helped her with the breakdown and bipolar but as far as I am concerned he owed her. She needs to take a cue from Adam and move on from him. Not get married immediately since that is the last thing she needs right now and she may not even be ready for a relationship but she needs to move on from him.

I am a Sharon fan, I love her character and I love her scenes at work even though she is still in Adam’s orbit. I love the way she impressed both Adam and Billy at work. But she needs to close the door on Shadam and move on. She deserves so much better. I hate how the male characters even those who are ruthless like Adam and Victor can be happy, Adam moves on with Chelsea and until recently was at least happy. I would like to see Sharon happy with another man and Adam being jealous for once. I would like to see the Sharon characters get great one liners like Adam does. I prefer her character to have strong business role and be written as capable as Adam is written. Enough with Shadam, he has done too much too her, letting her rot in jail after everything should have been the last straw. I just feel he has not loved her enough, has not done anything much or sacrificed much like she has done for him and sacrificed for him. If it weren’t for Sharon he would have been rotting in jail a long time ago and still rotting in there.

#2   2013/01/17 04:10AM
    Re: Adam is not good enough for Sharon
    Qu33nTeelove...

You are entitled to your own opinion! I happen to disageee. They love each other....like it or not! who knows what the NEW writers have instore for them seperate or together!

#3   2013/01/17 04:15AM
    Yas25

I guess I just think the way he loves her isn't good enough. So just because they love each other does not mean they should be together. Sharon deserves better.

#4   2013/01/17 04:18AM
    Qu33nTeelove...

Let's agree to disagee!

#5   2013/01/17 04:26AM
    ElleLa

You make a good case Yas, but honestly I can't think of anyone on this show who should want to love, sleep with, be married to, be the parent or child of, employ or work for or even pass another character on the street

I'm not dismissing your points, but Shadam have scintillating romance and passion and staying power IMO. Some say Lane shouldn't be together either but reason just isn't enough to stop the love some couples feel for one another.

I mean, I grew up with crazy romance novels in school and massive deception and danger and all of this other stuff is just par for the course for my sensibilities I like that couples like Shadam are indestructible. They are at the very least, a wild and scintillating ride and I love watching them and hope to see more. SOON IIC!

#6   2013/01/17 04:47AM
    Ebybrowempoly

always love sharon and nick yes i would love to see them back togther . they both have grow so much from the kids they were and i hope they both habe learn from ther mistakes.

as for sharon and adam yes they are good together. i think adam is trying to do right by sharon and help her and try to make up for what he did to her.

sharon would be great with either one but i have a feeling it will be a while before she even thinks about either one of them in that way. she is trying to heal herself and take care of her self and be a good mom. i hope they keep making sharon better and strong.heck given time i could see sharon doing a better job at newman better than anyone thought she could.she is so good that even old victor would have to eat his words about sharon.

#7   2013/01/17 05:43AM
    kenerly1

Quote Yas25: This may be an unpopular opinion but Adam is not good enough for Sharon. I mean even after he threw away evidence that could have freed her from jail, she still went to him to tell him about Victor's plan early last year that would have got Adam into trouble with the SCC and in jail. Yet Adam never bothers to help her (regardless of how he helped with her Bipolar). When she found out about Patty and she left him because it was another lie and she did not know if she could trust him not to hurt her or hurt Faith, he never bothered to try to gain her trust again or even try to have a friendship with her. Think about it after all, the reason she could not trust him was because he left her to rot in jail and why all because she took comfort in Sam, never mind he has been with Sky for convenience. The least Adam could have done was to try to push for a friendship with Sharon, he could have tried to protect her from the Newmans and if they were friends he could have advised Sharon against pursuing a relationship with Victor. Secondly he could have thrown his support behind her during the time she was Newman CEO and the Newmans were attacking her. He just told her when everything goes to hell to not call him. Considering the number of times he has stalked her even after leaving her to rot in jail, he still would try to talk to her push for a relationship yet when she leaves him usually because of something terrible he has done he does not even bother to be her friend or ally against the Newmans.

Sure Sharon shouldn’t keep forgiving him especially after he let her rot in jail, but he never bothers to be honest with her, he could have told Sharon the truth at the Kansas farm when once again she was putting her life on hold and sacrificing time with Faith to help him (after he was blind), he should have told her the truth about Patty. At least then she would have been angry at first but she would have eventually forgiven him. He made love to her without even telling him the truth and later gets angry when after finding out the truth about Patty, she leaves him and after that he moves on with his life. He never lets Sharon move on even after everything he has done to her, but he moves on when she has left him always because of his actions, he never once bother to gain her trust or push for a friendship the way he stalks her all those many times when he wants Sharon to give him another chance. When she asked him for a chance when she was with victor, he left her, told her everything in New Orleans was a fantasy. He never even remembered or appreciated the time she gave up with Faith to help him when he was blind.

Hey I know he helped her with the breakdown and bipolar but as far as I am concerned he owed her. She needs to take a cue from Adam and move on from him. Not get married immediately since that is the last thing she needs right now and she may not even be ready for a relationship but she needs to move on from him.

I am a Sharon fan, I love her character and I love her scenes at work even though she is still in Adam’s orbit. I love the way she impressed both Adam and Billy at work. But she needs to close the door on Shadam and move on. She deserves so much better. I hate how the male characters even those who are ruthless like Adam and Victor can be happy, Adam moves on with Chelsea and until recently was at least happy. I would like to see Sharon happy with another man and Adam being jealous for once. I would like to see the Sharon characters get great one liners like Adam does. I prefer her character to have strong business role and be written as capable as Adam is written. Enough with Shadam, he has done too much too her, letting her rot in jail after everything should have been the last straw. I just feel he has not loved her enough, has not done anything much or sacrificed much like she has done for him and sacrificed for him. If it weren’t for Sharon he would have been rotting in jail a long time ago and still rotting in there.

wonderful well thought out post..I agree 100%..I would even try to like Adam if they would do away with the thought of putting these two together due to all you mentioned in your post..and for the naysayers..No mom would ever give a slime that kidnapped her child told her she was deformed and dead, the time of day and to sleep with him and 'love" him is unthinkable..would never happen to a person like Sharon..she used to have some sense.

#8   2013/01/17 05:50AM
    Its not real

Quote Yas25: This may be an unpopular opinion but Adam is not good enough for Sharon. I mean even after he threw away evidence that could have freed her from jail, she still went to him to tell him about Victor's plan early last year that would have got Adam into trouble with the SCC and in jail. Yet Adam never bothers to help her (regardless of how he helped with her Bipolar). When she found out about Patty and she left him because it was another lie and she did not know if she could trust him not to hurt her or hurt Faith, he never bothered to try to gain her trust again or even try to have a friendship with her. Think about it after all, the reason she could not trust him was because he left her to rot in jail and why all because she took comfort in Sam, never mind he has been with Sky for convenience. The least Adam could have done was to try to push for a friendship with Sharon, he could have tried to protect her from the Newmans and if they were friends he could have advised Sharon against pursuing a relationship with Victor. Secondly he could have thrown his support behind her during the time she was Newman CEO and the Newmans were attacking her. He just told her when everything goes to hell to not call him. Considering the number of times he has stalked her even after leaving her to rot in jail, he still would try to talk to her push for a relationship yet when she leaves him usually because of something terrible he has done he does not even bother to be her friend or ally against the Newmans.

I understand people who don't want Shadam together because of the horrible;e things that Adam did before he really knew Sharon. I don't agree, as I like Shadam as a couple but I do understand where they are coming from but I honestly don't agree with your points about him not being there for her.

"When she found out about Patty and she left him because it was another lie and she did not know if she could trust him not to hurt her or hurt Faith, he never bothered to try to gain her trust again or even try to have a friendship with her."

Adam begged her not to leave him but she did anyway, it wasn't the first time, and it was, as she was always telling him, because of her need to be with and protect her child.

After putting his cards on the table and telling her that he didn't deserve her, but he really needed her, Adam respected her wishes and didn't harass her. He still was willing to talk to her, whenever she approached him, but he respected her stated need not to be with him and stopped actively pursuing her out of respect for her wishes. But at that point he was still open to a relationship with her, I think.

When she stopped by with the birthday card, even though he was with Chelsea, he made time for her and tried to put her at ease but, it was an awkward situation, and Sharon fled. When he later opened the card you could see that he was hoping for something special or some indictaion of an interest in re-kindling things but instead the message was something along the lines of "Have a nice life" and didn't hold out much encouragement for a renewal of their relationship.

"he could have tried to protect her from the Newmans and if they were friends he could have advised Sharon against pursuing a relationship with Victor."

He did. He spoke to her on a couple of occasions about it and she rejected his advice. One thing about Adam is that unlike Nick and Victor he doesn't usually try to force Sharon into things. He will plead his case with her, he may try to sweep her off her feet, but if she doesn't go along he doesn't start trying to intimidate her into it. She basically told him that she didn't care what anyone thought it was her life and he backed off...he didn't condemn her for it he let her make her own choices.

When she was up for the job at Newman and most of the board was against it, he went to the meeting and threw his support behind her.

Later, when some other business contact was threatening to make a big story about how Sharon had a personal relationship with Victor, and go to the board with that to try to get her kicked out of her new job, Adam told him that if he did, he would go public with some dirt he had on that guys dealings and so warned him off trying to take Sharon out. I remember that whole scene very well because Chelsea saw what was going on and, at that time, she told Adam that she thought it was 'nice' that, even though he and Sharon were no longer together, he would still want to protect her.

"Secondly he could have thrown his support behind her during the time she was Newman CEO and the Newmans were attacking her."

Again, when she decided to take over at Newman he went and tried to talk her out of it, but again, she rejected his advice and in fact told him that he should mind his own business. She was, in fact, she said, learning from him and becoming more ruthless and if he didn't like it he could just get lost. And remember, at the same time, he was trying to start over and build a new life with someone else, as she had repeatedly told him to do. And again, unlike Nick and Victor, he didn't have a big hissy fit, he didn't vow revenge like Victor would do, he didn't try to punish her like Nick would do when she tried to do something he didn't approve of, he gave her his advice and then left her to make up her own mind.

He has never, that I can remember, said anything bad about Sharon and the few times that Chelsea tried to dis her he would stop her.

I agree that he owes her and that is why he needed to come to her rescue after the fire whether his wife liked it or not, but I don't agree that he has never helped her or stood up for her.

I laugh every time I read those posts about how Adam is just out to control Sharon...of all the guys she has been with he is, to me, the least controlling. He actually seems to respect her as a person and to feel that she should have the right to make her own decisions, about her own life. After the way Nick tried to control her and Victor tried to use her, I find that refreshing.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/17 05:52AM
    #9   2013/01/17 06:24AM
    Jackie10

Quote Its not real:

I understand people who don't want Shadam together because of the horrible;e things that Adam did before he really knew Sharon. I don't agree, as I like Shadam as a couple but I do understand where they are coming from but I honestly don't agree with your points about him not being there for her.

"When she found out about Patty and she left him because it was another lie and she did not know if she could trust him not to hurt her or hurt Faith, he never bothered to try to gain her trust again or even try to have a friendship with her."

Adam begged her not to leave him but she did anyway, it wasn't the first time, and it was, as she was always telling him, because of her need to be with and protect her child.

After putting his cards on the table and telling her that he didn't deserve her, but he really needed her, Adam respected her wishes and didn't harass her. He still was willing to talk to her, whenever she approached him, but he respected her stated need not to be with him and stopped actively pursuing her out of respect for her wishes. But at that point he was still open to a relationship with her, I think.

When she stopped by with the birthday card, even though he was with Chelsea, he made time for her and tried to put her at ease but, it was an awkward situation, and Sharon fled. When he later opened the card you could see that he was hoping for something special or some indictaion of an interest in re-kindling things but instead the message was something along the lines of "Have a nice life" and didn't hold out much encouragement for a renewal of their relationship.

"he could have tried to protect her from the Newmans and if they were friends he could have advised Sharon against pursuing a relationship with Victor."

He did. He spoke to her on a couple of occasions about it and she rejected his advice. One thing about Adam is that unlike Nick and Victor he doesn't usually try to force Sharon into things. He will plead his case with her, he may try to sweep her off her feet, but if she doesn't go along he doesn't start trying to intimidate her into it. She basically told him that she didn't care what anyone thought it was her life and he backed off...he didn't condemn her for it he let her make her own choices.

When she was up for the job at Newman and most of the board was against it, he went to the meeting and threw his support behind her.

Later, when some other business contact was threatening to make a big story about how Sharon had a personal relationship with Victor, and go to the board with that to try to get her kicked out of her new job, Adam told him that if he did, he would go public with some dirt he had on that guys dealings and so warned him off trying to take Sharon out. I remember that whole scene very well because Chelsea saw what was going on and, at that time, she told Adam that she thought it was 'nice' that, even though he and Sharon were no longer together, he would still want to protect her.

"Secondly he could have thrown his support behind her during the time she was Newman CEO and the Newmans were attacking her."

Again, when she decided to take over at Newman he went and tried to talk her out of it, but again, she rejected his advice and in fact told him that he should mind his own business. She was, in fact, she said, learning from him and becoming more ruthless and if he didn't like it he could just get lost. And remember, at the same time, he was trying to start over and build a new life with someone else, as she had repeatedly told him to do. And again, unlike Nick and Victor, he didn't have a big hissy fit, he didn't vow revenge like Victor would do, he didn't try to punish her like Nick would do when she tried to do something he didn't approve of, he gave her his advice and then left her to make up her own mind.

He has never, that I can remember, said anything bad about Sharon and the few times that Chelsea tried to dis her he would stop her.

I agree that he owes her and that is why he needed to come to her rescue after the fire whether his wife liked it or not, but I don't agree that he has never helped her or stood up for her.

I laugh every time I read those posts about how Adam is just out to control Sharon...of all the guys she has been with he is, to me, the least controlling. He actually seems to respect her as a person and to feel that she should have the right to make her own decisions, about her own life. After the way Nick tried to control her and Victor tried to use her, I find that refreshing.

Love this post so true! Even though she did not know it he had her back behind the scenes on way more than one occasion. I wish she knew of all the times he has helped her. I wish she knew of the time he sent flowers to her mock service just to have Little Nicky throw them out on the ground. I wish she knew how he grieved for her when only he and Noah shed tears for her no one else. I wish she knew how he stood up to the people in the church and put them all in their place. He loves her. And yes they have hurt one another but it has not killed their love.

#10   2013/01/17 07:33AM
    velle

I disagee . i love both sharon and Adam

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list