List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Phyllis Has Her Nerve!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Phyllis Has Her Nerve!!!

Started by deceived at 2013/01/16 09:38AM
    Latest post: 2013/01/20 04:54PM, Views: 2301, Replies: 60
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #21   2013/01/16 11:59AM
    Re: Phyllis Has Her Nerve!!!
    Karl127

Quote deceived: I could not believe that Phyllis, who recently, hid the body of Dr. Reed, and got Kevin involved...then when Jack needs help, she is surprised at the idea??? "I will not be involved in hiding a felony???" and she is bailing on Jack... unbelievable!!! HYPOCRITE!!!

It's not called nerve or being a hypocrite, it's called learning from your mistakes. I get you hate Phyllis but this is getting a little ridiculous!

#22   2013/01/16 12:01PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote LilMonkey84:
    Quote deceived:
    Quote LilMonkey84:
    Quote deceived: I could not believe that Phyllis, who recently, hid the body of Dr. Reed, and got Kevin involved...then when Jack needs help, she is surprised at the idea??? "I will not be involved in hiding a felony???" and she is bailing on Jack... unbelievable!!! HYPOCRITE!!!

So she gets crucified for moving Tim's body, and then gets crucified again for not wanting to help Jack move the hookers body. Unbelievable! How does that even make sense?

Oh, nevermind...it's because it's Phyllis. If that had been anyone else on this show they would be commended for learning from their mistakes and making better choices.

OMG!!! I am not a Phater! But I admit I jumped the gun,,, I saw Phyllis ready to bail, and I was on my way out the door...(just saw when she stayed)...but I cannot believe she acted surprised.

I have read many of your posts and would tend to disagree with the "Phater" comment, but that is neither here nor there. It doesn't matter if it's you or someone else on here Phyllis is always damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. If she helps Jack move the body then some will get on their high horse and proclaim that she will never change. If she doesn't help than she is a hypocrite (which I completely disagree with). Just because she had participated in some questionable schemes, as have most characters on this show, it doesn't mean she has to do every illegal act that is asked of her.

ICAM!!

#23   2013/01/16 12:02PM
    Karl127

Quote LilMonkey84:

So she gets crucified for moving Tim's body, and then gets crucified again for not wanting to help Jack move the hookers body. Unbelievable! How does that even make sense?

Oh, nevermind...it's because it's Phyllis. If that had been anyone else on this show they would be commended for learning from their mistakes and making better choices.

It's so ridiculous how Phyllis gets hammered, doesn't matter what she does or doesn't do. They dead hookers body was already moved out of Jack's house and found in an alley so I'm not getting the outrage about Phyllis not wanting to help Jack move the body. Can't blame her for not wanting to get involved considering what she's been through recently.

#24   2013/01/16 12:07PM
    deceived

Quote LilMonkey84:
    Quote deceived:
    Quote LilMonkey84:

OMG!!! I am not a Phater! But I admit I jumped the gun,,, I saw Phyllis ready to bail, and I was on my way out the door...(just saw when she stayed)...but I cannot believe she acted surprised.

I have read many of your posts and would tend to disagree with the "Phater" comment, but that is neither here nor there. It doesn't matter if it's you or someone else on here Phyllis is always damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. If she helps Jack move the body then some will get on their high horse and proclaim that she will never change. If she doesn't help than she is a hypocrite (which I completely disagree with). Just because she had participated in some questionable schemes, as have most characters on this show, it doesn't mean she has to do every illegal act that is asked of her.

The only two characters I love to post about is: Phyllis and Sharon... Phyllis to me is a villainess whom I love-to-hate... and Sharon is my heroine because she was with Nick for 11 years...
    As I said, I jumped the gun on my post and thread, I was running out the door and typed it quickly on my laptop... then I saw when I came back, that Phyllis had NOT bailed on Jack...
    Today, I actually agreed with a poster that Sharon was a manipulative tramp...LOL I love them both.. they make the show what it is...
    As much as Phyllis has gotten into in the past, I was surprised that she was surprised and aghast!!!(sp)

#25   2013/01/16 12:11PM
    trinilisa

Quote LucySnowe: I thought the scenes were well-written and well-acted. It was believable that Phyllis would freak out that yet again she is party to a dead body being moved (by knowing about it in this case). It also showed she's committed to Jack. Despite her horror at helping in a cover-up, by the show's end, she was encouraging Jack to focus on himself and let Stephanie go. Even when he said he had to "set things right" she was in the background looking exasperated: Very true to Phyllis's character. She's like Adam that way. They can set aside their morals when need be (which is an interesting, edgy aspect to their characters and when well-written, really fascinating). Jack on the other hand is not like that. He has, as far as I recall, been eaten up by things he has done and is more of a softy. In that respect, he is his father's son (he has a moral line he can't cross).

This post is spot on and ita...

#26   2013/01/16 12:14PM
    kenerly1

Quote Sunnyflower:

I see. So if someone committed arson and Sharon said, I want nothing to do with this, that would make her a hypocrite?

Sorry, I don't get wanting to change your life and moving onto a better path hypocrisy. She just narrowly escaped 2 felony convictions, so I can't blame her at all that she would want nothing to do with more crime.

But that is not how it played out anyhow. Even if it did though, I see no hypocrisy at all. People are always entitled to not involve themselves with a crime, regardless. It would be sad if they weren't.

This is how I saw it too..Phyllis had just gotten out of a mess and dodged prison and then when she heard Adam was involed she wisely bowed out..No hypocrisy there. She told Jack she had hid a body and covered it up not too long ago..been there, done that..no more..good for her.

#27   2013/01/16 12:15PM
    trinilisa

Quote LilMonkey84:
    Quote deceived:
    Quote LilMonkey84:

I am definitely a Phyllis hater.
    That said, I wouldn't think it hypocritical of her to bail (if she did...which she didn't; I watched it yesterday) because it appears she's trying to use the second chance she got with Summer (not to mention the second chance of staying out of prison...sorry, I had to!) to bea a better person. I've got to give her props for that. As I've stated before, I actually could tollerate her when she was with Jack the first time. I would freak out, too, if my friend told me a woman died in their living room and someone moved the body! But when the dust settled (at least so far), she proved loyal to Jack and I think that's admirable...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/16 12:20PM
    #28   2013/01/16 12:15PM
    kenerly1

Quote LilMonkey84:

Funny how that works when it's Phyllis..go figure!!

#29   2013/01/16 12:18PM
    bukopandan

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote LucySnowe: I thought the scenes were well-written and well-acted. It was believable that Phyllis would freak out that yet again she is party to a dead body being moved (by knowing about it in this case). It also showed she's committed to Jack. Despite her horror at helping in a cover-up, by the show's end, she was encouraging Jack to focus on himself and let Stephanie go. Even when he said he had to "set things right" she was in the background looking exasperated: Very true to Phyllis's character. She's like Adam that way. They can set aside their morals when need be (which is an interesting, edgy aspect to their characters and when well-written, really fascinating). Jack on the other hand is not like that. He has, as far as I recall, been eaten up by things he has done and is more of a softy. In that respect, he is his father's son (he has a moral line he can't cross).

Yes, perfectly put. And very fair about Phyl. Jack really got to me with his words about needing to set things right...that side of Jack gets me near to tears.

#30   2013/01/16 12:24PM
    trinilisa

Quote bukopandan:
    Quote trinilisa:

Yes, perfectly put. And very fair about Phyl. Jack really got to me with his words about needing to set things right...that side of Jack gets me near to tears.

Omg it got me choked up yesterday...

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list