List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Adam hires Sharon to replace Phyllis at Newman!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Adam hires Sharon to replace Phyllis at Newman!

Started by sylviaa at 2013/01/03 05:50PM
    Latest post: 2013/01/07 05:48PM, Views: 6632, Replies: 92
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:
    #61   2013/01/04 06:51AM
    Re: Adam hires Sharon to replace Phyllis at Newman!
    Its not real

Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote countryMomof4: While I don't really like this idea, what are the shareholders going to complain about? Phyllis was just on trial for the H&R. It's not that she was found not guilty, it was simply dismissed. Enough people know that she did do it. Along with everyone else's past and no so past indiscretions, there isn't anyone "clean" enough. Adam is acting CEO and there doesn't seem to have been board complaints and it looks like he is going to be working with Billy who has a failing magazine.

If the board/shareholders are going to start complaining, they had better include everyone, not just Sharon.

It is true that all the people you mentioned have skeletons in their closets but none of them is stupid. Sharon has no aptitude for anything other than twisting in front of a camera and saying cheese. Other than that she is a complete fruit loop and a waste of time in the corporate environment. She knows it too. That is why Victor set up the meeting in Japan and made it look like she closed it so that he could let her think she was worth something. Not.

You can keep posting this as often as you want but it won't make it true. Sharon has done several jobs and, as far as we can see on the show, done them well. Your constant repetition that she hasn't is just pointless.

#62   2013/01/04 06:51AM
    Lucy3

Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote countryMomof4: While I don't really like this idea, what are the shareholders going to complain about? Phyllis was just on trial for the H&R. It's not that she was found not guilty, it was simply dismissed. Enough people know that she did do it. Along with everyone else's past and no so past indiscretions, there isn't anyone "clean" enough. Adam is acting CEO and there doesn't seem to have been board complaints and it looks like he is going to be working with Billy who has a failing magazine.

If the board/shareholders are going to start complaining, they had better include everyone, not just Sharon.

It is true that all the people you mentioned have skeletons in their closets but none of them is stupid. Sharon has no aptitude for anything other than twisting in front of a camera and saying cheese. Other than that she is a complete fruit loop and a waste of time in the corporate environment. She knows it too. That is why Victor set up the meeting in Japan and made it look like she closed it so that he could let her think she was worth something. Not.

I guess Sharon's lucky that people who KNOW her are the ones who are doing the hiring and not some hater on the board then, huh?

If you happen to think of anyone on the show who is actually qualified for their job, let us know. Other than two or three, no one even has a college education but many seem to be in great demand. Soap qualifications are vastly different than the real world.

#63   2013/01/04 06:54AM
    Its not real

Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote Its not real:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote beachmomluvr:
    Quote Tiny Bubbles: Sharon can't find her head from a hole in the ground but she is going to, all of a sudden go head up Research and Development for Newman Enterprises. Yea right! What about those oard memebers for Newman that know what she did to Newman Enterprises? Are they gonna want this dingbat on board? Adam is taking his authority to far and putting a half witted dingbat in charge of so much repsonsiblity is just confirmation that maybe even Adam shouldn't be holding the job he has either. Adam is insane and the Phyllis bloodbath just keeps on keeping on. I pity this show. Its numbers are in the tank, people are leaving this show in record numbers and yet, they just keep churning out this rot. Sometimes arrongance and stupidty are faults that just can't be overcome.

I do believe Sharon was head of Research and Development when Victor hired her and Nick together last March, so she does have some previous experience. Is it believeable, probably not but this show lost all business credibility when they made bartender Cane the CEO of Jabot. Because of this, the business side of this show sucks IMO but I am just going to enjoy Adam and Sharon working together for right now, Go Shadam!

No she wasn't head of anything except on paper. The only reason the board approved her appointment is because Nick worked with her so he could tell her what to do. She smelled a few perfumes and that was it. Sharon is completely unqualified, she us uneducated, and in all these years she has never taken the opportunity to go back to school on Nick's dime and get an education. Sharon was 'given' a job as spokesperson because her FIL owned the company. Bi Polar doesn't make you malicious or stupid. Some of the smartest people are bi polar but they are not malicious nor do they do stupid things. Victor will have a stroke when he finds out that Adam hired Shaorn.

Not true at all. She made decisions, her work was praised by Victor who, in one scene, told her that she shouldn't bother bringing things to him to clear because she was doing a great job and should just make the decisions herself and who told Nick not to worry about neglecting his role at NE because Sharon had it all under control.
    She also is the one who went to japan and closed the big department store deal while Nick sat sipping tea in the teahouse.

You don't like Sharon that is fine but you have to live with what has been writen in the show. Sharon headed up the division and did a good job.

Victor had set that up with that Japanese guy in advance. Mitsukoshi had known Victor for years. All Victor had to do was make a phone call. Why do you think that the deal went so quickly and smoothly. Also these businessmen are not idiots. They know that Sharon Newman is an idiot. Victor did all of that to try to show everyone that Sharon was worth something. It was all a set up and later when that man interviewed Sharon and told her that the whole business community knew that she was incompetent and Sharon tried unsuccessfully to convince him that she was instrumental in making the Cosmetics division work and the wrote the article about how incompetent she was. Victor was blowing smoke to further his own agenda.

Then why didn't we see Victor setting this up? We see him working behind the scenes aboiut the call girl at Jack's. We saw him talking to the hooker he paid to set Billy up the night before the Delia custody hearing, we saw him dealing with Chelsea's mom over the whole Myanmar set up and yet, we never saw or heard anything about him arranging this deal with the Japanese company.

#64   2013/01/04 06:55AM
    Lucy3

Quote Its not real:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote Tiny Bubbles:
    Quote Its not real:
    Quote beachmomluvr:
    Quote Tiny Bubbles: Sharon can't find her head from a hole in the ground but she is going to, all of a sudden go head up Research and Development for Newman Enterprises. Yea right! What about those oard memebers for Newman that know what she did to Newman Enterprises? Are they gonna want this dingbat on board? Adam is taking his authority to far and putting a half witted dingbat in charge of so much repsonsiblity is just confirmation that maybe even Adam shouldn't be holding the job he has either. Adam is insane and the Phyllis bloodbath just keeps on keeping on. I pity this show. Its numbers are in the tank, people are leaving this show in record numbers and yet, they just keep churning out this rot. Sometimes arrongance and stupidty are faults that just can't be overcome.

I do believe Sharon was head of Research and Development when Victor hired her and Nick together last March, so she does have some previous experience. Is it believeable, probably not but this show lost all business credibility when they made bartender Cane the CEO of Jabot. Because of this, the business side of this show sucks IMO but I am just going to enjoy Adam and Sharon working together for right now, Go Shadam!

I thought she was heading up the new cosmetics division that Victor decided to start up, when he lost BON to Gen. It was Sharon supposedly who closed the big deal, with the Japanese department store chain, that all the cosmetic companies (BON, Jabot and Newman ) were trying to get.

Victor certainly was singing her praises to Nick though, at that point, and told him that Sharon was doing a great job and that he (Nick) didn't have to worry about leaving the decisions up to her, so I think she can't have been a complete incompetent in the corporate world.

Sharon didn't lift a finger. She got on a plane with Nick to go fake out Nick for Victor. The deal was already done by Victor and it was a sham, a fake department. That is why she was the only one in that meeting. The department never took off because it wasn't meant to. It was all a sham created by Victor to get back BON. At that point in time, Victor was trying like heck to broker a marriage between his family tramp and his son to keep his son under his control. He was blowing smoke up Sharon to keep her in line as well. That is why he always played up to Sharon. Victor always knew that Sharon was co-depenent and terribly dependent on him and would always keep Nick under control for him. Nick was having none of it, he wanted Phyllis and that made old Vic furious. Old Vic is all about control and he could always control the family tramp. That was all a big farce. Sharon can't count to ten without flash cards, she is nuttier than a fruitcake and ain't all of a sudden a business woman. She should be in a hospital for criminally insane.

LOL LOL LOL LOL That is so true and funny. Great post Tiny it made my day.

"Sharon didn't lift a finger. She got on a plane with Nick to go fake out Nick for Victor. The deal was already done by Victor and it was a sham, a fake department."

I guess you can make up whatever you like and pretend that is what happened but we saw none of that on the show.

We never saw Victor set this deal up and we never heard him say that he had done anything of the sort. Notice that in the present story line we are seeing scenes where he is working with someone to set up Jack and to find out what happened with the call girl. But in the Japanese deal storyline, all we saw was Sharon going to Japan, meeting in private with the top Japanese honcho and coming out with the deal.

Feel free to what whatever sort of fan fiction makes you happy, but please don't come here and post about it as if it really happened on the show.

Whew! Glad you cleared that up. I was beginning to think I'd had a senior moment that lasted through an entire story. I just knew that I had never seen that!

#65   2013/01/04 06:57AM
    77RestlessFan

Quote Overman: While I think it is a little odd that Sharon would even work at Newman after everything and on top of that be head of R&D -- I felt the same way about Phyllis. Neither of them are qualified for that position.

Let's not forget that Phyllis had her own company NVP which she ran with Nikki, before that she ran the IT Marketing dept at Jajob. She also ran the It division at Newnan. She worked at Newman when she was married to Nick the first time. She Ran RS. She ran it when she was married to Nick then she ran it after that for Billy and made a success of it. As soon as Phyllis left the magazine went down the tubes. So that is a testament to Phyllis' abilities. Sharon has no such track record or experience because the only jobs she ever got were 'given' to her by a relative or a friend not because she was qualified to do anything because she is not.

#66   2013/01/04 06:57AM
    cards1

I thought Sharon just told Adam, "my therapist told me I should stay away from you Adam?"

Wonder if she talked to her therapist about this, or is she cured now?

This is Sharon getting strong, taking a job at NE, working under Adam. It probably is the only thing in town she's qualified for.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/01/04 07:07AM
    #67   2013/01/04 07:01AM
    77RestlessFan

Quote Its not real:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote Its not real:
    Quote beachmomluvr:

I thought she was heading up the new cosmetics division that Victor decided to start up, when he lost BON to Gen. It was Sharon supposedly who closed the big deal, with the Japanese department store chain, that all the cosmetic companies (BON, Jabot and Newman ) were trying to get.

Victor certainly was singing her praises to Nick though, at that point, and told him that Sharon was doing a great job and that he (Nick) didn't have to worry about leaving the decisions up to her, so I think she can't have been a complete incompetent in the corporate world.

Oh, please !!!! He was just saying that because he was trying to get Nick and Sharon back together and Nick away from Phyllis. He has always known that Sharon is a dunce. He was using Sharon to reel Nick back into to the fold. Sharon showed what she was capable of when she screwed up Newman. Bi Polar doesn't make you stupid. Sharon is stupid.

Sorry, but your post doesn't make much sense if he was still trying at that point to shove Sharon and Nick together he would have told Nick, "you need to be here everyday to work with Sharon". Instead, he told Nick, "don't worry about coming in, Sharon has everything under control, take the time you need to go help your wife."

That was his attempt at reverse psychology. Act like you don't need Nick and he will want to come back even more. Nick did get angry at his father for letting Sharon make the decisions. Then he went one further and married Shaorn. All of that was to punish Nikki and to keep her in the family since Nick didn't want her anymore. That is why Victor losing Newman is his own fault. No one told him to marry Sharon. Marrying Sharon was his undoing.

#68   2013/01/04 07:16AM
    Overman

Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote Overman: While I think it is a little odd that Sharon would even work at Newman after everything and on top of that be head of R&D -- I felt the same way about Phyllis. Neither of them are qualified for that position.

Let's not forget that Phyllis had her own company NVP which she ran with Nikki, before that she ran the IT Marketing dept at Jajob. She also ran the It division at Newnan. She worked at Newman when she was married to Nick the first time. She Ran RS. She ran it when she was married to Nick then she ran it after that for Billy and made a success of it. As soon as Phyllis left the magazine went down the tubes. So that is a testament to Phyllis' abilities. Sharon has no such track record or experience because the only jobs she ever got were 'given' to her by a relative or a friend not because she was qualified to do anything because she is not.

How does any of that make her qualified for a top level executive position at a Fortune 500 company?

And yet all those jobs you list she got and/or started with the help of ex husbands, ex family members, exes....

Same coin, different side.

#69   2013/01/04 07:31AM
    deceived

Quote 77RestlessFan:

Glad you brought up Phyllis! You forgot one of Phyllis' abilities: Desk Sex!! You will never see Sharon doing that unless it's with ADAM...LOL

#70   2013/01/04 07:38AM
    77RestlessFan

Quote Overman:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:

How does any of that make her qualified for a top level executive position at a Fortune 500 company?

And yet all those jobs you list she got and/or started with the help of ex husbands, ex family members, exes....

Same coin, different side.

That is not true. When Phyllis conceptualized NVP she was not married to any Newman and Jack was trying to stop her from getting off the ground. Phyllis did that with her own ideas, her own vision and he own smarts. When Phyllis worked on RS with Nick she was equally involved in the creative aspects. They were in business together and Nick after he go fired from Newman was satisfied to just sit on the couch until Phyllis lit a fire under him. After they sold the magazine to Billy who made it a gossip rag instead of the fashion magazine it had originally been. Then Billy hired Phyllis back after she divorced Nick the first time. Billy hired her because he couldn't handle all the work and pressure of keeping the magazine going. Not because he was friends with Phyllis. Also Phyllis kept Jabot on the map with making their Website state of the Art. So the way the writers have written the story Phyllis is a top rate professional and has infinitely more qualifications than and abilities than Sharon and she has demonstrated it over and over again.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list