List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily and Tyler Non-Bash Thread

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily and Tyler Non-Bash Thread

Started by Eowyn005 at 2012/12/27 07:48PM
    Latest post: 2014/06/02 02:35PM, Views: 100100, Replies: 1972
    « 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 » »| page:
    #1561   2013/06/25 03:29PM
    Re: Lily and Tyler Non-Bash Thread
    maxiefan101

Quote StarW:
    Quote LaBrae: I honestly believe this plays a MAJOR part in why their story hasn't moved very much. I guess they fear if they break them up, they'll get negative responses from those that have become big Lane fans. I also agree if its based on the IR aspect, the show has had plenty of opportunities to create others IR relationships. But for some reason whenever an attempt was made, the relationships never went anywhere. So since Lane has become "acceptable", they don't want to make too big of a change with them. TPTB is probably assuming just hinting at Lily having an attraction to Tyler is enough, therefore it keeps Lane intact. I don't like it, b/c it stilts the characters/actors. But just looking at this story, heck Tyler has been here longer than Dylan, and he's already got him a loft, the coffee shop, engaged and thinks he's going to be a daddy. There's an obvious holdup on Tily coming together.

Of course the show will survive, but it has to be something with TPTB and this hold up with the story moving on. Like I posted in the other thread, its been too up and down for me. I just don't understand how all these other events can occur on soaps, but this one couple breaking up and moving to new partners is a big dilemma? I know people like to use the kid thing as an excuse, but we've seen plenty of couples split with small kids over the years on soaps. So its not a good enough excuse...especially for a couple that has been together for a long time. I guess TPTB feel they'd be ending something special if they allowed Lane to break up.

Not sure, but its crossed my mind as well.

I totally hear you. But I thought that JFP was smarter and stronger than that lol. She used to deal with crazier and more obsessed fanbases before... So maybe it's what they want? And it shouldn't be so hard to create another interracial pairing and break Lane. I just can't believe why they would waste screentime and scripts to build Tyler and Lily all for nothing? It doesn't make any sense. And That is why I'm taking a break from the show because it's getting ridiculous and tiresome.

I hear you Star and I have felt the same way. I have already taken a break from the show, but the boards are alittle harder to give up. Especially since I am home for the summer...

I think the writers got a little shaken up with all the crazy fans on twitter and who knows, they could've flew banners over the studious accusing the producers of being racist... We only got a glimpse of what those crazy fans are capable of.

Obviously the direction of the story has changed. BORING LANE is closer than ever and Tily has been put on hold. They were the ONLY thing keeping me hanging on. So, I will go BACK on hiatus...

So sad... It was a GREAT opportunity to showcast how talented CK is

#1562   2013/06/25 03:42PM
    salsera

^^I don't think they changed directions. I think Hilary will probably cause problems to Lane's marriage and we'll still wind up with Tily. At least that's how I see it. It is taking forever though. But that's nothing new these days, it seems.

#1563   2013/06/25 03:58PM
    StarW

Quote maxiefan101: I hear you Star and I have felt the same way. I have already taken a break from the show, but the boards are alittle harder to give up. Especially since I am home for the summer...

I think the writers got a little shaken up with all the crazy fans on twitter and who knows, they could've flew banners over the studious accusing the producers of being racist... We only got a glimpse of what those crazy fans are capable of.

Obviously the direction of the story has changed. BORING LANE is closer than ever and Tily has been put on hold. They were the ONLY thing keeping me hanging on. So, I will go BACK on hiatus...

So sad... It was a GREAT opportunity to showcast how talented CK is

Agreed. As an actor or actress, I wouldn't want to be stuck in a pairing (especially a dull pairing) on screen for the rest of my career. Actors/Actresses like to play different characters, it's part of their job and it gives them opportunities to showcast their talent. And fans quickly get bored with happy boring couples. Yes there are crazy, obsessed and VOCAL Lane fans but like I said previously, they don't make this show and are not the majority. Y&R is airing in more than 10 countries. And the ratings are up! I guess the actual viewers have spoken. The online fanbase only represents 2% of their true viewers. Those few fans who come in front of the CBS studios must only represent 0,25% (even less) of the viewers lol so puh-lease. Like I said, it wouldn't be fair for the other BIGGER fanbases who have to endure their couple being separated (even though they have children! Small children for some like Shick!) and their couple being destroyed. Lane shouldn't be treated any different... Most of the people don't see racism. Only the few crazy, obsessed ones.

Quote salsera: ^^I don't think they changed directions. I think Hilary will probably cause problems to Lane's marriage and we'll still wind up with Tily. At least that's how I see it. It is taking forever though. But that's nothing new these days, it seems.

Well they can do whatever they want, I won't be watching until something, ANYTHING exciting and positive happens. This storyline is taking forever and I'm not here for that. And I'm gonna be okay... I can live without Y&R, I'm not That obsessed lol. And it's gonna be easy to take a break anyway because right now the only thing keeping me hanging on is UNWATCHABLE.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/25 04:00PM
    #1564   2013/06/26 12:15AM
    StarW

Quote salsera: ^^I don't think they changed directions. I think Hilary will probably cause problems to Lane's marriage and we'll still wind up with Tily. At least that's how I see it. It is taking forever though. But that's nothing new these days, it seems.

#1565   2013/06/26 06:17AM
    Gracewashere

I found yesterday's Canadian episode disappointing on so many levels, from Cane looking embarrassingly stupid in that costume to the previews with Devon's high pitch screaming at Tyler, and Neil's assertation that Father Knows Best, Devon is the next best thing to sliced bread when it comes to running a fashion line and Tyler needed to be fired. Oh I just shutter if this is what we will be getting over the summer. I too will be taking a break if we don't get more Lily/Tyler sooner than later. Tyler and Noah was the only redeeming part of yesterday's episode and of course Lily's concern over Tyler, but I suspect that will change to on today's episode and she will be all into "Superman" Cane. Shaking my head here. Bring on Tily/Lily NOW I say

#1566   2013/06/26 09:12AM
    Gracewashere

Oh I didn't know we could not edit our post once it had been posted. I wanted to change it a bit, don't want to sound like such a Debbie Downer. The thing I do appreciate about our fanbase is its trememdous sense of humour, so my apologies. Hope to see Lily and Tyler having some "fun" filled scenes shortly. Love our Tily.

#1567   2013/06/26 01:18PM
    StarW

Quote Gracewashere: I found yesterday's Canadian episode disappointing on so many levels, from Cane looking embarrassingly stupid in that costume to the previews with Devon's high pitch screaming at Tyler, and Neil's assertation that Father Knows Best, Devon is the next best thing to sliced bread when it comes to running a fashion line and Tyler needed to be fired. Oh I just shutter if this is what we will be getting over the summer. I too will be taking a break if we don't get more Lily/Tyler sooner than later. Tyler and Noah was the only redeeming part of yesterday's episode and of course Lily's concern over Tyler, but I suspect that will change to on today's episode and she will be all into "Superman" Cane. Shaking my head here. Bring on Tily/Lily NOW I say

You'll be even more boring today once you watch Lame's boring love scenes lol

#1568   2013/06/26 01:40PM
    Tily4life

day ahead mini recap...

1. Tyler walks into On the Boulevard and sees Devon at the bar. Tyler says, ‘What the hell, Devon. You got me fired?’ Devon says, ‘Your input was no longer needed.’ Tyler asks, ‘Well how long do you think your input will be needed?’ Tyler says, ‘The only reason you got the job was to keep me and your sister apart!’

2. Lily is at home with Cane and says she knows Cane had issues with Tyler’s intentions. Cane concedes that one day Tyler quit abruptly because of all that was going on in his life. Lily says it wasn’t because of Gus. It was because of the situation with Lily! Lily says Cane was right, that Tyler wanted more and that he quit before things got out of hand!

Full recap to come later!

#1569   2013/06/26 01:52PM
    StarW

Quote StarW:
    Quote Gracewashere: I found yesterday's Canadian episode disappointing on so many levels, from Cane looking embarrassingly stupid in that costume to the previews with Devon's high pitch screaming at Tyler, and Neil's assertation that Father Knows Best, Devon is the next best thing to sliced bread when it comes to running a fashion line and Tyler needed to be fired. Oh I just shutter if this is what we will be getting over the summer. I too will be taking a break if we don't get more Lily/Tyler sooner than later. Tyler and Noah was the only redeeming part of yesterday's episode and of course Lily's concern over Tyler, but I suspect that will change to on today's episode and she will be all into "Superman" Cane. Shaking my head here. Bring on Tily/Lily NOW I say

You'll be even more boring today once you watch Lame's boring love scenes lol

I meant you will be even more DISAPPOINTED once you watch today's episode with the Lame's boring love scenes lol.

#1570   2013/06/26 02:40PM
    Tily4life

day ahead full recap.....

1. Tyler walks into On the Boulevard and sees Devon at the bar. Tyler says, ‘What the hell, Devon. You got me fired?’ Devon says, ‘Your input was no longer needed.’ Tyler asks, ‘Well how long do you think your input will be needed?’ Tyler says, ‘The only reason you got the job was to keep me and your sister apart!’

2. Lily is at home with Cane and says she knows Cane had issues with Tyler’s intentions. Cane concedes that one day Tyler quit abruptly because of all that was going on in his life. Lily says it wasn’t because of Gus. It was because of the situation with Lily! Lily says Cane was right, that Tyler wanted more and that he quit before things got out of hand!

3. Jill says Hilary is unable to take a compliment. Jill tells her to continue to be efficient to make Cane’s life easier. She says Cane can get overwhelmed and that Hilary should continue to free up his schedule so he can spend time with his family. Hilary says she’s done her homework on her and knows that Jill was once in charge at Chancellor. Jill says she has also done her homework and knows that Hilary isn’t earning much relative to the cost of living. (a secret and mutually beneficial arrangement perhaps so that Jill can retain more control at Chancellor?)

4. Cane asks what Lily means by ‘things getting out of hand’. Lily tells Cane that Tyler confessed his feelings for her the day he quit. Lily admits she felt bad and that is why she offered to take herself off the campaign so that Tyler could return. Cane asked why she didn’t tell him before. Lily says because she didn’t know how to do that and besides, he and Tyler didn’t get along. He asks how she responded to Tyler’s confession. Lily says she asked Tyler to reconsider but assures Cane that she didn’t tell Tyler that she returned his feelings (LIES!!!!). Cane asks if she does have feelings for Tyler though!

5. Lily tries to reassure Cane. Cane says he knows what didn’t happen but doesn’t know what DID happen between her and Tyler. He asks her again if there’s anything he needs to know. He asks if Lily feels for Tyler the way he feels for her? Lily flashes back to her kiss with Tyler again! She tells Cane there is something he needs to know.

6. Devon says, ‘You don’t give a damn about Jabot, all you care about is trying to get with my MARRIED sister! Tyler says they’re not in the stone ages…that Lily gets to make her own decisions and she doesn’t need Devon to speak for her. Devon says, 'And you thought her decision would be to choose you!' Devon tells him to stay away from Lily (I think…the conversation was moving too fast for my typing!). Tyler says, ‘You better get up outta my face!’ They square up to each other! Billy jumps in and breaks up the fight and makes some hilarious wisecrack about taking the fight to the Underground.

7. Lily says she thinks she knows how Tyler felt about her but she admits that she enjoyed the attention from him! She enjoyed the compliments from Tyler, who appreciated all of her ideas and opinions. But she reassures Cane that she loves being a wife and mother. Cane says he’s been busy lately and hasn’t shown how much he appreciates her as a woman and doesn’t want her to think he’s been taking her for granted. They reassure each other of their love for each other. The doorbell rings. Cane opens the door and it’s Hilary! Cane asks what she’s doing there?

8. Devon asks Tyler what he’s going to do now. Tyler asks what the hell does he care for? Devon says he’s talking about what Tyler’s going to do about Lily. Devon accuses him of trying to lure Lily back in even after she switched to another division. Devon says Tyler has no other excuses to try and stay close to Lily now.

9. Tyler tells Devon that his plans are his own business and are nothing for Devon to worry about. Devon says, ‘Better not be’ and leaves the bar. Abby walks in and joins Tyler at the bar. (Earlier, Abby had a fight with Alex because he blew off their dinner plans to volunteer a shift at work. He said he wanted to make extra cash for rent. Abby asked him why he didn’t just ask her to borrow the money since she’s obscenely rich. His male pride wouldn’t allow it because he likes to earn his money. Abby took that comment as a diss and they ended up fighting and she left after questioning the strength of their relationship.) Abby asks Tyler what happened to the fashion launch. Tyler says she should ask Devon…that Tyler is now a free agent since being fired. Tyler says he should be conservative with cash now. Abby says she’ll buy him a drink. Tyler asks her how the cosmetics campaign is going. Abby says Lily is the best and she loves working with her. Tyler gets a look on his face as if to say, ‘I know’.

10. Hilary says she came to talk about Jill’s proposal for some project that couldn’t wait until morning. She says goodbye and leaves. Lily says Jill has some nerve. Cane sees it as an undermining tactic by Jill and says he’ll deal with her tomorrow. Cane and Lily continue making sexy talk.

11. Cane and Lily start having sex.

12. Tyler and Abby continue talking about clubbing. Alex shows up. He says he’s changed his schedule to see her. Abby excuses herself to talk with him. She mentions she’s jealous of his partner, Sheryl. She goes back to the bar and says bye to Tyler and leaves with Alex.

13. Billy is talking to Delia, who has just been told that Chloe and Kevin are divorcing. His speech to her becomes a narration of a character montage about people needing to be loved and finding love when they’re feeling alone and lost. Tyler appears in the montage as he’s finishing his drink. Lily and Cane are on the couch in their sex afterglow.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/26 02:45PM
    « 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list