List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Lily and Tyler Non-Bash Thread

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Lily and Tyler Non-Bash Thread

Started by Eowyn005 at 2012/12/27 07:48PM
    Latest post: 2014/06/02 02:35PM, Views: 100042, Replies: 1972
    « 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 » »| page:
    #1531   2013/06/24 06:07AM
    Re: Lily and Tyler Non-Bash Thread
    Gracewashere

Quote StarW:
    Quote Gracewashere: Good afternoon fellow Tily fans. I have been doing some Sunday musing. I am at a loss as to these upcoming spoilers. Cane and Lily and the Happy Birthday Party. Cane and Lily bonding over the holidays. YET there she is thinking about Tyler, acting jealous, going to his apartment. Just where are the writers going with this storyline? I know I am way off base but do you think possibly that:

Since we know Lily has been through soooo much trauma over her young life, mother dying suddenly and tragically, Cancer and that crap Cane put her through that in some way all this is manifesting itself in her strange behavour. Perhaps an alter ego is emerging, a second self to deal with all that she is facing; being the perfect mother, wife, daughter, business person?? Some posters have been blaming the writers for writing Lily out of character, but could that be their point. Lily's dresses have been getting shorter and shorter, more makeup, higher shoes and now tattoos are visible apparently. When Tyler actually gets serious with Hilary or Abby, perhaps this alter ego or second self will show itself in interesting ways? and since this is a Lily and Tyler thread, maybe it will eventually be Tyler that "saves" Lily???I think this would be a great intense storyline for Christil and Redaric. But I fear not, I guess we will get boring Cane and Lily happy together forever...Well just my musing.

Hey Gracewashere,

LOL that is a very interesting theory... could Lily have an alter ego? So what do you mean? You mean there's "Angel Lily" and "Demon Lily" ? lol... But I do agree on Tyler saving Lily. He could be the one!

And I hear you, I guess we're gonna have to endure some other boring Lame scenes in the next 2 weeks ... And DG talked about it on his Twitter, saying that Lane fans will love what he and CK just filmed... he tweeted that a few weeks ago. I guess that was it lol. I just hope that like you said, Lily will be thinking about Tyler hahaha how fun would it be!

Hi: Didn't mean to sound confusing, just pondering this back and forth behaviour of Lily. I hope there is much much more yet to come between Tyler and Lily, although I suspect we will have to endure those lovey/dovey phony baloney scenes between Cane and Lily. I am further thinking Lily doesn't want to be on that Pedestal that her family seems to have her on. I think she wants a full vibrant life, making mistakes if that what some people see her as doing, but they will be HER mistakes, taking chances. Living life to its fullest, not trapped by other people's expectations of her. Or I could be way out in left field, but thanks, you guys are indeed the best.

#1532   2013/06/24 06:10AM
    StarW

Quote LaBrae: I honestly believe this plays a MAJOR part in why their story hasn't moved very much. I guess they fear if they break them up, they'll get negative responses from those that have become big Lane fans. I also agree if its based on the IR aspect, the show has had plenty of opportunities to create others IR relationships. But for some reason whenever an attempt was made, the relationships never went anywhere. So since Lane has become "acceptable", they don't want to make too big of a change with them. TPTB is probably assuming just hinting at Lily having an attraction to Tyler is enough, therefore it keeps Lane intact. I don't like it, b/c it stilts the characters/actors. But just looking at this story, heck Tyler has been here longer than Dylan, and he's already got him a loft, the coffee shop, engaged and thinks he's going to be a daddy. There's an obvious holdup on Tily coming together.

Of course the show will survive, but it has to be something with TPTB and this hold up with the story moving on. Like I posted in the other thread, its been too up and down for me. I just don't understand how all these other events can occur on soaps, but this one couple breaking up and moving to new partners is a big dilemma? I know people like to use the kid thing as an excuse, but we've seen plenty of couples split with small kids over the years on soaps. So its not a good enough excuse...especially for a couple that has been together for a long time. I guess TPTB feel they'd be ending something special if they allowed Lane to break up.

Not sure, but its crossed my mind as well.

I totally hear you. But I thought that JFP was smarter and stronger than that lol. She used to deal with crazier and more obsessed fanbases before... So maybe it's what they want? And it shouldn't be so hard to create another interracial pairing and break Lane. I just can't believe why they would waste screentime and scripts to build Tyler and Lily all for nothing? It doesn't make any sense. And That is why I'm taking a break from the show because it's getting ridiculous and tiresome.

#1533   2013/06/24 06:16AM
    Gracewashere

Quote StarW:
    Quote LaBrae: I honestly believe this plays a MAJOR part in why their story hasn't moved very much. I guess they fear if they break them up, they'll get negative responses from those that have become big Lane fans. I also agree if its based on the IR aspect, the show has had plenty of opportunities to create others IR relationships. But for some reason whenever an attempt was made, the relationships never went anywhere. So since Lane has become "acceptable", they don't want to make too big of a change with them. TPTB is probably assuming just hinting at Lily having an attraction to Tyler is enough, therefore it keeps Lane intact. I don't like it, b/c it stilts the characters/actors. But just looking at this story, heck Tyler has been here longer than Dylan, and he's already got him a loft, the coffee shop, engaged and thinks he's going to be a daddy. There's an obvious holdup on Tily coming together.

Of course the show will survive, but it has to be something with TPTB and this hold up with the story moving on. Like I posted in the other thread, its been too up and down for me. I just don't understand how all these other events can occur on soaps, but this one couple breaking up and moving to new partners is a big dilemma? I know people like to use the kid thing as an excuse, but we've seen plenty of couples split with small kids over the years on soaps. So its not a good enough excuse...especially for a couple that has been together for a long time. I guess TPTB feel they'd be ending something special if they allowed Lane to break up.

Not sure, but its crossed my mind as well.

I totally hear you. But I thought that JFP was smarter and stronger than that lol. She used to deal with crazier and more obsessed fanbases before... So maybe it's what they want? And it shouldn't be so hard to create another interracial pairing and break Lane. I just can't believe why they would waste screentime and scripts to build Tyler and Lily all for nothing? It doesn't make any sense. And That is why I'm taking a break from the show because it's getting ridiculous and tiresome.

I do see your point in taking a break. I thought of doing so myself, but in the meantime I really truly believe there has got to be more here between Tyler and Lily, It can't all have been for nothing, could it??? I think I might give the writers some time yet and I might watch the upcoming scenes looking for weakness in the Lane armor.

#1534   2013/06/24 06:21AM
    StarW

Here's an interesting post from a Tily fan on the Soap Central board :

Quote Ewenfan18 : I love Lily and Tyler and want them together but I'm starting to believe what my friend said the other day. She just got finished catching up with the show this weekend. Her opinion is still the same she still says tptb are afraid to take a risk and break up Lane for whatever reason but she says its fear and I say if that is the case then why not let Cane/Lily pack up with the kids and ship them off screen or backburner them if you can't break them up which makes no since to me. This pairing have been together long enough its time for a change way past time they need to be broken up for a while.

I couldn't more agree with this post. If really they want to keep Lame together, fine! Then get them offscreen or just backburn them like the previous regime did. No one wants to see Lily and Cane making out, talking kids and dog, walking around the lake or having boring pillow talks. The previous regime understood that just right and put Lane in the background where they belonged. So if really TPTB doesn't want Tily, then free Tyler (and Hilary too, while you're at it) from them. I swear, Tyler and Hilary are only there to make Lane interesting lol it's ridiculous. As if they can't be interesting by themselves right.

#1535   2013/06/24 01:18PM
    StarW

I just heard about the preview for Wednesday US Y&R...

Devon asks Neil : What about Tyler?
    Neil : I fired Tyler!
    Lily : You did what??

I'm ready to hate on Neil now lol don't you mess with our man! And don't forget, Redaric Williams will be live chatting on Wednesday too, I already posted something about it on the Tyler thread

#1536   2013/06/24 01:28PM
    StarW

...How interesting that the day Redaric Williams does his Live chat on Twitter and that Tyler is on, fired by Neil, is the same day Lily and Cane supposedly celebrate the twins's birthday lol ... Is it because they want us to watch those boring Lame scenes? Nah-Uh, I won't watch the episode but I will be on Twitter for Red's chat though... And when the episode is online, I'll watch and just fast forward the Lame scenes.

#1537   2013/06/24 02:06PM
    Tily4life

Quote StarW: I just heard about the preview for Wednesday US Y&R...

I'm ready to hate on Neil now lol don't you mess with our man! And don't forget, Redaric Williams will be live chatting on Wednesday too, I already posted something about it on the Tyler thread

Neil firing Tyler will backfire. I'm sure his intention is to drive a wedge between Lily/Tyler. But nope...that Tily reign won't let up! Lily will be even more drawn to him now. I can't wait to see how it plays out. Who knows. Maybe Newman will hire Tyler to front the Beauty of Nature campaign? I want him away from that all encompassing Winters bubble.

I'm still rocking hard for Tily and believe it will come to fruition.

#1538   2013/06/24 02:38PM
    StarW

Quote Tily4life:
    Quote StarW: I just heard about the preview for Wednesday US Y&R...

Neil firing Tyler will backfire. I'm sure his intention is to drive a wedge between Lily/Tyler. But nope...that Tily reign won't let up! Lily will be even more drawn to him now. I can't wait to see how it plays out. Who knows. Maybe Newman will hire Tyler to front the Beauty of Nature campaign? I want him away from that all encompassing Winters bubble.

I'm still rocking hard for Tily and believe it will come to fruition.

Let's hope it will backfire for Neil... He's annoying lol. Yes Newman could hire Tyler lol but since he's obviously going to be involved with Abby, he better not mess up this time lol... I will try to believe it, you are so optimistic and positive, it's refreshing to read your posts lol

By the way, I find it HILARIOUS when "some people" feel proud over polls against Tyler on boards who only represent a fraction of the viewers LOL! I've seen many people, also many female viewers who LOVE Tyler! And even on Twitter, I've been reading lots of positive tweets about Tyler lately from viewers outside the fandom.

#1539   2013/06/24 02:38PM
    Tily4life

In the day ahead preview, there are birthday balloons in the background when Neil tells Devon that he fired Tyler and Lily says, 'you did what?'

Hmmmm. Will Lily ditch the twins' birthday party to go see Tyler? Based on her latest behaviour, I say it's a strong possibility. lol.

#1540   2013/06/24 02:41PM
    Tily4life

Lane fans are not a cross section of he entire soap opera fan population. Some may feel that way based on Lane polls and such, but I don't see Lane as so untouchable that the entire show will suffer if they break up. If Victor and Nikki can survive, then who is Lane?

« 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list