List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Another Mad Black Woman!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Another Mad Black Woman!

Started by sweetpamelac at 2006/10/21 09:05PM
    Latest post: 2006/10/22 02:59PM, Views: 808, Replies: 10
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2006/10/21 09:05PM
    Another Mad Black Woman!
    sweetpamelac

>( This is just like watching a Tyler Perry movie. It would be such a trip if Dru and Madea cross paths in jail and found out that they are related. Lord knows Dru acts just like Madea.

#2   2006/10/21 09:07PM
    Re: Another Mad Black Woman!
    heart and soul

Quote sweetpamelac: This is just like watching a Tyler Perry movie. It would be such a trip if Dru and Madea cross paths in jail and found out that they are related. Lord knows Dru acts just like Madea.

Who's Madea?

#3   2006/10/21 09:12PM
    gommie

I don't know either-thought maybe I had missed something

#4   2006/10/21 09:18PM
    nyaccent

I guess she was in a Tyler Perry movie....I don't know who she is either.

#5   2006/10/21 09:20PM
    gommie

I think it is a new movie that is out??

#6   2006/10/21 09:30PM
    sweetpamelac

Tyler Perry's diary of a mad black wonan was a play that not long ago became a movie. Tyler has also done" I can do bad all by myself, and Family reunion". check the website
    tylerperry.com He has been on Oprah and Tyra Banks. I hope this sheds some light.

#7   2006/10/21 09:32PM
    sweetpamelac

Oh and thanks for the welcome! I am new here.

#8   2006/10/21 09:33PM
    nyaccent

Welcome---you will ejoy this site....I will check that out...hmmmm maybe interesting story....

#9   2006/10/22 06:54AM
    Chrissi

Sounds interesting sweetpamelac! Welcome!!

#10   2006/10/22 12:28PM
    pdames4

I must be missing something. I don't see the relevance between the character in Tyler Perry's play and Dru. Dru has always been an animated character. She has a sassiness that may be representative of her culture. But, I don't see her as amad Black woman. As I have said before, there are many white characters who react in the same way or worst. Actually, some have been from Young and The Restless. Remember when Phyliss tried to run Christine down and we all know Sheila is loony. and on As the World Turns, Barbara has really done some hellish things in the name of love. These women make Dru look as though she is a rooky.

I think Black female characters rarely misbehave on soaps. In fact, most Black female characters on soaps are saintly, which I find a little hard to live up to. Some of Dru's actions were a little over the top, but all in all I don't really see any ahrm done. I just think some Audiences can be hard to please.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list