List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Too many characters leaving the show

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Too many characters leaving the show

Started by mimimak at 2012/11/20 05:43PM
    Latest post: 2012/11/26 03:52AM, Views: 2583, Replies: 28
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2012/11/23 05:28AM
    Re: Too many characters leaving the show
    Wombat44

Quote countryMomof4:
    Quote SuziDecorator: I think letting Ashley go was a huge mistake - they needed to write her as her character has developed: a strong, well educated, savvy business woman. The s/l they had her in were nuts (literally)

Agree on the sets - I haven't watched the show in months but got a glimpse the other day of Avery's place and thought - hey, that's not bad at all! I deal with older clients on a daily basis who have a hard time letting go of the "old stuff" and are reluctant to spice things up. They equate "old" with quality, which isn't always the case: ugly is ugly no matter what era it's from, and clutter is clutter no matter how expensive the items are.

I wish they'd start developing the characters more - have fewer of them (MAB was like a 5 year old given carte blanche in a toy store, changing her mind every other day and demanding new toys) but make them solid and interesting rather than wispy and boring.

You've just described the ranch quite nicely Suzi.

I'm not crazy about all of the changes in the cast ( DM should have been brought in as a totally new character IMO ) but I understand that the new team is trying to cleanse Y&R from all of MABness.

Suzi...Avery's place was quite diff to other places. It was almost like I was there...it was really warm and inviting.

#22   2012/11/23 10:00AM
    HoosierMother

Talking about actors leaving... Will Billy be staying?

#23   2012/11/23 11:43AM
    Cannon

Quote Wombat44:
    Quote countryMomof4:
    Quote SuziDecorator: I think letting Ashley go was a huge mistake - they needed to write her as her character has developed: a strong, well educated, savvy business woman. The s/l they had her in were nuts (literally)

Agree on the sets - I haven't watched the show in months but got a glimpse the other day of Avery's place and thought - hey, that's not bad at all! I deal with older clients on a daily basis who have a hard time letting go of the "old stuff" and are reluctant to spice things up. They equate "old" with quality, which isn't always the case: ugly is ugly no matter what era it's from, and clutter is clutter no matter how expensive the items are.

I wish they'd start developing the characters more - have fewer of them (MAB was like a 5 year old given carte blanche in a toy store, changing her mind every other day and demanding new toys) but make them solid and interesting rather than wispy and boring.

You've just described the ranch quite nicely Suzi.

I'm not crazy about all of the changes in the cast ( DM should have been brought in as a totally new character IMO ) but I understand that the new team is trying to cleanse Y&R from all of MABness.

Suzi...Avery's place was quite diff to other places. It was almost like I was there...it was really warm and inviting.

I really like Avery's apartment too. I hope they make an office for Paul, Michael and Avery. They can put them all in one office with separations. Its crazy working from a briefcase in coffee shops etc.

#24   2012/11/23 01:58PM
    mahina

ITA Cannon. Michael, Paul and Avery need an office. Why the writers don't get this is beyond me. As dingy Ronan's office was they can still fancy it up three different ways. I think that's what they do whenever there's a different scene at the hotel.

#25   2012/11/25 08:18PM
    Barbyboo

Quote Soulsistah: The cast is still too big. I think Ronan, Kevin, Chloe, Jeffery and Eden all need to go now. Their time is up.

Throw in cane and lily also

#26   2012/11/25 08:20PM
    Barbyboo

Quote Its not real:
    Quote bukopandan: And if I were a younger viewer I'd have no interest in the sets except for Avery's place and Jimmy's. Restless Style had an attraction too but still seemed dark. I really think a lot that turns off the ever-declining younger viewer has to do with things looking so old-fashioned and dismal. Young people are very visual. I get the need to have "classic" with rich people, but there is grandma classic and the kind of classic that makes it onto the pages of a a mag like Architectural Digest. Adam and Chels' place feels too dark--way too dark!--and stuffy too. Villy's is an attempt at youthfulness but only cuts it with some viewers. Hopefully the show will continue to redo the sets and bring the desired light and airy and pops of color touch to them. They should be able to do it in a way that doesn't betray who the characters are.

Adam and Chelsea's house is horrible. It wasn't great when Gen was there but she was an older woman and she kept it almost like a mausoleum with Samantha's ashes on the mantle, I can see her going for dark and gloomy, but what young couple would want to live in a place like that?

It's just plain ugly

#27   2012/11/25 08:21PM
    Barbyboo

Quote Williams Family: The actresses who played Genevieve and Harmony were talented, but they've never been Y&R for me. I never understood why they were hired.

Abby and Heather were legacy characters. They should have stayed. Jennifer Landon is very talented. I miss her.

Kevin Schmidt was a great Noah. I don't see what the new actor brings to the show.
    They weren't written at all
    Daniel and Lucy are in Chicago, Nina is thinking about going back to L.A. Ronan is leaving too... Sad times.

The exit stories weren't well-writen.

#28   2012/11/25 08:22PM
    Barbyboo

Quote barkingdog: The only one that I miss is Abbey. They could get rid of a few more - Cane, Lilly, Neil, Chloe, Kevin, Eden, Fen and Lilly's brother (I can't remember his name that how much I watch them) and I would not miss any of them.

Lily cane and Kevin a must

#29   2012/11/26 03:52AM
    HeyMon

Ronan gone. Looks like Paul is next, leaving into the sunset with Christine.

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list