List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chelsea Fans Only! No Bashing!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chelsea Fans Only! No Bashing!

Started by Lady Isadorra at 2012/11/14 12:38PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/22 10:57PM, Views: 203186, Replies: 4808
    « 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 » »| page:
    #3701   2013/06/23 05:24AM
    Re: Chelsea Fans Only! No Bashing!
    maid of honor

I really like Chelsea. In her role she has gone from bad to good, I just really feel she should stay in love with Adam, I cant see her with Dylan, they are not a matching couple.I would like to see Adam have the family he deserves after all his trouble with Victor & the rest of the Newmans, its time for Adam to be the good guy & Chelsea is the perfect fit for him. Chelsea was the bad person at the start as was Adam and they have both turned their life around so put them back together please.

#3702   2013/06/23 07:24AM
    Thomas123456789

I like the character, but what she is doing to Dylan is wrong she needs to tell him the truth.

#3703   2013/06/23 11:28AM
    Flare

You can see that Chelsea is really torn up by the fact that she is lying about the baby.....every time Dylan tells her that he loves her, or says something sweet and kind about the baby, she looks really sad and her eyes well up with tears. She wants to be happy, but I don't think she can be as long as she isn't honest. I love Chelsea and MCE is doing a fantastic job!

#3704   2013/06/23 12:01PM
    spunkyterror

Yeah, Chelsea is definitely struggling even more with her lie as she and Dylan's relationship grows deeper. MCE is doing a fabulous job showing her inner conflict, her guilt and the weight of that on Chelsea's soul. She's not a heartless person. It would not be true to her character to be blasé about this. So, I really like seeing her wanting to grasp this new chance at happiness but still showing that wariness of how long can this last? Chelsea is fascinating character, misguided at times, flawed, stubborn as hell, so sweet and genuine, she wants that fairytale love -- it was just as prevalent in her relationship with Adam as it is with Dylan.

The way she grew up has a lot to do with that, she was given no stability, love was nothing she could count on or even believe in.

She told Dylan she always knew in the back of her mind that she and Adam would not last. I found that interesting. I think there is something in Chelsea that both craves and fears love. And the way Adam did her, the way he squandered what they had only fed into her fears. And now she's in love again and she has double the reason to be scared she will lose it again.

I relate to the dreamer in Chelsea. I can understand a lot of her actions and behaviors and that's why she is my favorite character. Besides that, Missy is, IMO, the best actress on the show. Anyway, just expressing my Chelsea love and support.

#3705   2013/06/23 12:22PM
    Flare

Quote spunkyterror: Yeah, Chelsea is definitely struggling even more with her lie as she and Dylan's relationship grows deeper. MCE is doing a fabulous job showing her inner conflict, her guilt and the weight of that on Chelsea's soul. She's not a heartless person. It would not be true to her character to be blasé about this. So, I really like seeing her wanting to grasp this new chance at happiness but still showing that wariness of how long can this last? Chelsea is fascinating character, misguided at times, flawed, stubborn as hell, so sweet and genuine, she wants that fairytale love -- it was just as prevalent in her relationship with Adam as it is with Dylan.

The way she grew up has a lot to do with that, she was given no stability, love was nothing she could count on or even believe in.

She told Dylan she always knew in the back of her mind that she and Adam would not last. I found that interesting. I think there is something in Chelsea that both craves and fears love. And the way Adam did her, the way he squandered what they had only fed into her fears. And now she's in love again and she has double the reason to be scared she will lose it again.

I relate to the dreamer in Chelsea. I can understand a lot of her actions and behaviors and that's why she is my favorite character. Besides that, Missy is, IMO, the best actress on the show. Anyway, just expressing my Chelsea love and support.

I LOVE your post! You are spot on and stated it beautifully! This sums up the Chelsea character and Missy's acting abilities to a T!!!!!!!!!

#3706   2013/06/24 10:13AM
    Flare

Chelsea looks so pretty. MCE is such a great actress, I love watching her.

#3707   2013/06/24 06:44PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote spunkyterror: Yeah, Chelsea is definitely struggling even more with her lie as she and Dylan's relationship grows deeper. MCE is doing a fabulous job showing her inner conflict, her guilt and the weight of that on Chelsea's soul. She's not a heartless person. It would not be true to her character to be blasé about this. So, I really like seeing her wanting to grasp this new chance at happiness but still showing that wariness of how long can this last? Chelsea is fascinating character, misguided at times, flawed, stubborn as hell, so sweet and genuine, she wants that fairytale love -- it was just as prevalent in her relationship with Adam as it is with Dylan.

You know, in the beginning, I did a pretty convincing job of pretending to know what's motivating Chelsea to continue this lie but after all this time, I'm coming up short. I no longer understand her reasoning nor am I able to make sense of this story.

I mean, don't get me wrong. Chelsea is still my girl. She's both beautiful and feisty, and I love her spunk as much as the next MCE fan but I have a few bones to pick.

For starters, the writers' lack of insight into Chelsea's character is bothersome. We haven't been told what's fueling Chelsea's lies.

Here's what I do know. I know Chelsea stopped short of telling Adam the truth because the spector of Sharon was always between her and Adam. Chelsea didn't lie because she was afraid Adam would take the baby. Chelsea lied because Adam broke her heart. She also lied because she was caught off guard when Adam confronted her about the pregnancy. Adam presumed she got pregnant with Dylan's baby and she simply agreed with his accusation.

But what is fueling her lies NOW. It can't be because she's afraid of hurting Dylan. She barely knows the man. He's a stranger who doesn't know who she is and what's she's capable of. I do believe she is in love with the idea of being in love with a man like Dylan but the world she's building with him is an illusion. It's as real as the Easter Bunny or the legendary three-eyed Willy.

With that said, I'm going to give my thoughts on what I think is going on, since the writers have no idea what they're doing with this character (except of course, to use her as a plot device).

Chelsea was a career criminal. Her trade was grifting and in the world of grifters, it's a "loveless, godless universe."

To take a line from an old movie review, "she thinks she is an expert at playing the confidence game--until she runs into two people who really are experts, who destroy every illusion she ever had that she could count on someone, or love someone." One of those person's is her mother. Take a guess as to who the second person was. If your guess was Adam, you'd win a gold star!

That's the story I want them to tell from her POV. I want the writers to give me an honest, no-holds-barred take on why Chelsea is so desperate to hold on to an illusion and really delve into her story.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/24 06:45PM
    #3708   2013/06/24 08:54PM
    Flare

Quote Chuckyducky:

You know, in the beginning, I did a pretty convincing job of pretending to know what's motivating Chelsea to continue this lie but after all this time, I'm coming up short. I no longer understand her reasoning nor am I able to make sense of this story.

I mean, don't get me wrong. Chelsea is still my girl. She's both beautiful and feisty, and I love her spunk as much as the next MCE fan but I have a few bones to pick.

For starters, the writers' lack of insight into Chelsea's character is bothersome. We haven't been told what's fueling Chelsea's lies.

Here's what I do know. I know Chelsea stopped short of telling Adam the truth because the spector of Sharon was always between her and Adam. Chelsea didn't lie because she was afraid Adam would take the baby. Chelsea lied because Adam broke her heart. She also lied because she was caught off guard when Adam confronted her about the pregnancy. Adam presumed she got pregnant with Dylan's baby and she simply agreed with his accusation.

But what is fueling her lies NOW. It can't be because she's afraid of hurting Dylan. She barely knows the man. He's a stranger who doesn't know who she is and what's she's capable of. I do believe she is in love with the idea of being in love with a man like Dylan but the world she's building with him is an illusion. It's as real as the Easter Bunny or the legendary three-eyed Willy.

With that said, I'm going to give my thoughts on what I think is going on, since the writers have no idea what they're doing with this character (except of course, to use her as a plot device).

Chelsea was a career criminal. Her trade was grifting and in the world of grifters, it's a "loveless, godless universe."

To take a line from an old movie review, "she thinks she is an expert at playing the confidence game--until she runs into two people who really are experts, who destroy every illusion she ever had that she could count on someone, or love someone." One of those person's is her mother. Take a guess as to who the second person was. If your guess was Adam, you'd win a gold star!

That's the story I want them to tell from her POV. I want the writers to give me an honest, no-holds-barred take on why Chelsea is so desperate to hold on to an illusion and really delve into her story.

Such a great post! These writers are clueless!

#3709   2013/06/25 09:36AM
    Flare

Well, I hope that we get to see this ridiculous baby s/l end really soon. Team Chelsea!

#3710   2013/06/25 02:06PM
    Flare

It breaks my heart everytime that Dylan talks about family and loving this baby....Chelsea looks so sad and torn up! She looked beautiful as always, but she is really forcing herself to accept that this is the best thing for her baby!

« 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list