List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: SOD Online Article - Carolyn Hinsey Re: Phyllis Storyline

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

SOD Online Article - Carolyn Hinsey Re: Phyllis Storyline

Started by Delilah127 at 2007/09/04 12:45PM
    Latest post: 2007/09/04 06:48PM, Views: 1956, Replies: 41
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #1   2007/09/04 12:45PM
    SOD Online Article - Carolyn Hinsey Re: Phyllis Storyline
    Delilah127

September 4, 2007
    From Carolyn Hinsey

Y&R's Phyllis is a lot of things, but stupid has never been one of them. She wouldn't report to JAIL because baby daughter Summer has a fever? Which means the warden will be furious and time could be added on to her already lengthy six-year sentence?

"This isn't the Alamo," scoffed son Daniel, usually not the voice of reason in the room.

Um, Phyllis? Do you know how many more colds and fevers that kid is going to have before you are released from prison in God-knows-how-many years?

"My baby is very sick!" she cried in the ER. "I don't have a lot of time!"

She has less now, thanks to this ridiculous display.

Hey, Y&R: ENOUGH with Saint Phyllis of the Incarcerated Mothers. We KNOW her. She let Daniel spend his entire childhood traveling overseas with his rock star dad (!) and couldn't even be bothered to visit him on his summer vacation or holidays. She never even sent him an octopus for his birthday. So this "My baby or my life!" stance makes no sense. It just dumbs down Phyllis and every character in her sphere.

The only "urgent care" needed here is with this storyline.

#2   2007/09/04 12:49PM
    Re: SOD Online Article - Carolyn Hinsey Re: Phyllis Storyline
    Soulsistah

*clap* *clap* *clap* - to the contrary of what the oh-so-wise writers are trying to do, Phyllis seems dumber and dumber every day with her over-the-top "But I'm a mom!" routine. She's truly laughable at this point/ I'm with Nikki - "the best thing for Summer would be to have nothing to do with Phyllis"! She's not being very smart right now...

#3   2007/09/04 12:49PM
    StaceyT

Amen!!!! Good article Thanks for sharing it!

#4   2007/09/04 12:50PM
    KeepingItReal

clap clap clap

Love it when the call it like it is!

#5   2007/09/04 12:51PM
    wowbabyits2007

Quote Soulsistah: *clap* *clap* *clap* - to the contrary of what the oh-so-wise writers are trying to do, Phyllis seems dumber and dumber every day with her over-the-top "But I'm a mom!" routine. She's truly laughable at this point/ I'm with Nikki - "the best thing for Summer would be to have nothing to do with Phyllis"! She's not being very smart right now...

Well said!!! I liked that line where Nikki said that too!

#6   2007/09/04 12:53PM
    Snizzle

she's been dumbed down ever since paired with Nick

#7   2007/09/04 12:54PM
    Kristi07

Lovely article...I'm sure the Phicksterswill go nuts over that!!! You reap what you sew!!

#8   2007/09/04 01:05PM
    Delilah127

Quote Kristi07: Lovely article...I'm sure the Phicksterswill go nuts over that!!! You reap what you sew!!

You gotta love it! The more stupid LML writes for this heffer, the more of a joke she becomes!

Looks like the "Phyllis" hour is not only backfiring in ratings but with others as well

#9   2007/09/04 01:09PM
    Soulsistah

Quote Delilah127:
    Quote Kristi07: Lovely article...I'm sure the Phicksterswill go nuts over that!!! You reap what you sew!!

You gotta love it! The more stupid LML writes for this heffer, the more of a joke she becomes!

Looks like the "Phyllis" hour is not only backfiring in ratings but with others as well

Guess the writers haven't heard of the adage that there is such a thing as "too much of a 'good' thing" Phyllis is actually killing this show more than ever because she's taken it over. Other high calibre actors are getting little if any air time...even Michael is playing legal lackey to Phyllis - and CJL won an Emmy for best "lead" actor, not best "lackey"!

Kill The Phyllis Show already!!

#10   2007/09/04 01:12PM
    GL_YRfan1979

Quote Snizzle: she's been dumbed down ever since paired with Nick

The IQ points for both have taken a nosedive since they paired up.

1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list