List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Summer needs to learn to SHUT UP!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Summer needs to learn to SHUT UP!!

Started by cbruns71471 at 2012/10/10 09:41AM
    Latest post: 2012/10/10 01:00PM, Views: 1623, Replies: 46
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #11   2012/10/10 10:13AM
    Re: Summer needs to learn to SHUT UP!!
    trinilisa

Quote mikeb: Wow, I see Summer totally different from everybody but I havent watched yr for very long. I thought she was a victim of Phyllis' indiscretions and craziness thru the years, oh well opinions are like -------- , everybody has one
    Anyway what I came to post originally was that when Phyllis and Nick came to the police station to get Summer I wish Summer would have said "oh, I'm not worried about this, mom will sleep with Ronan and everything will be ok".

Interesting take on Summer. It didn't strike me how much Summer has actually lost because of Phyllis' actions until yesterday's Canadian show. What I'm refering to is the fact that Phyllis gets a slap on the wrist and is never really held accountable for anything. She demands loyalty and doesn't really give a crap about anyone else and would throw her children under the bus if it will benefit her and she'll win. I see Summer having that same entitlement mentality. I see her thinking that if Mom can get away with things when she's clearly done wrong, then why can't she. She's acting out by example imho, and I can't 100% blame her for that. Look at the two people she has as examples.

#12   2012/10/10 10:15AM
    SassySashie

I'm usually all for her acting the part of a teenager but I swear my jaw dropped today. So disrespectful! I could never even dream of talking to my parents like that no matter what they did! Unfortunately Nick is too much of a wimp to deal with her properly and the writers have apparently made Phyllis too soft to remind Nick that no one died and gave him full custody! What's with the self-righteous attitude!

#13   2012/10/10 10:17AM
    Shirl62

Quote cbruns71471: All she does is run around town to anyone who listens and tells ALL her family and mother's business to anyone who listens. All she does is RUN AND TELL IT!! She's a run-tell-that-girl. I can't stand her.

Aside from the fact that Nick is the first to walk out and then wonder why his wife turns to someone else - then he immediately starts fliring with his wife's sister.

She learns by her father's example. Isn't this exactly what he does? He always runs to Vikki, his momma, his daddy, Mike, anybody that will listen to him whine about his family crisis because he can't get it up, he wants everyone to give him sympathy, like he is the victim. What a limp wimp! Summer should have been told the truth from day one by both Nick and Phyllis and Nick should have never left his wife during this crisis. He is much more to blame for what is happening to his family right now because he has been too impotent to the situation. He left his wife vulnerable to another man because he couldn't get it up for her, but instead wanted to make this about him! So, if Summer is mouthing off and acting out, she learned it from Nick. Worse, he was never there for Summer, her mother was. She was the one who took care of Summer, Nick was always wimping out over Sharon and Faith. Nick needs to look in the mirror, he has never been there for Summer and now she is making him pay for it.

#14   2012/10/10 10:20AM
    Trish12

Summer is only doing what she has seen Phyllis, Nick, Victoria, Nikki and Victor do. Hurt others and suffer no consequence. They can dish it but don't like it when othres dish it back to them.

#15   2012/10/10 10:21AM
    Ebybrowempoly

most of the time childern follow what and how thier parents act. so we can blame the parenst on this but phyllis is the one that brought all this on them . but liek always she will blame chris or whoever. in phyllis world she is push to do the things she does by others.

#16   2012/10/10 10:39AM
    Shirl62

Quote Ebybrowempoly: most of the time childern follow what and how thier parents act. so we can blame the parenst on this but phyllis is the one that brought all this on them . but liek always she will blame chris or whoever. in phyllis world she is push to do the things she does by others.

This is not the Plague or even a life threatening illness. This is a family crisis and when families are confronted with a crisis they usually ban together and both parents find strength together to keep the family unit together and strong. Nick dropped that ball for his family. Blaming Phyllis is not the answer to this crisis but rather how Nick, as the father, would handle it for them all. He should, for once, be the strong one, and he always flakes out instead. I put this squarely on his back and he is so weak he can't even carry that. Phyllis, for once, needed him to be strong for her. To stand in front of her like Roann is doing. Ronan is the right example of a man who will risk it all for the woman he loves, Nick just wimps out like a little dunce. He just shows again that he can't get it up when he needs to. Instead he just goes and tries to grudge screw his wife's sister and he wants to blame all this on Phyllis??????? Sorry, not buying it for a minute.

#17   2012/10/10 10:44AM
    cbruns71471

Quote Shirl62:
    Quote cbruns71471: All she does is run around town to anyone who listens and tells ALL her family and mother's business to anyone who listens. All she does is RUN AND TELL IT!! She's a run-tell-that-girl. I can't stand her.

Aside from the fact that Nick is the first to walk out and then wonder why his wife turns to someone else - then he immediately starts fliring with his wife's sister.

She learns by her father's example. Isn't this exactly what he does? He always runs to Vikki, his momma, his daddy, Mike, anybody that will listen to him whine about his family crisis because he can't get it up, he wants everyone to give him sympathy, like he is the victim. What a limp wimp! Summer should have been told the truth from day one by both Nick and Phyllis and Nick should have never left his wife during this crisis. He is much more to blame for what is happening to his family right now because he has been too impotent to the situation. He left his wife vulnerable to another man because he couldn't get it up for her, but instead wanted to make this about him! So, if Summer is mouthing off and acting out, she learned it from Nick. Worse, he was never there for Summer, her mother was. She was the one who took care of Summer, Nick was always wimping out over Sharon and Faith. Nick needs to look in the mirror, he has never been there for Summer and now she is making him pay for it.

I TOTALLY agree with you.

#18   2012/10/10 10:53AM
    KeepingItReal

How is it Nick's fault.

Oh I forgot it all for the love of Phyllis.

There is no debating this subject.

Like it was Nick that lied to her,

It was Nick that she caught on the couch.

Etc. etc.

Seriously, I really think some don't watch the show and have blinders on when it comes to Phyllis.

I mean no disrespect cause it even when it spelled out...Nick is still blamed for her hot mess.

#19   2012/10/10 10:54AM
    KeepingItReal

Oh yeah, the wimp wasn't the one studdering and saying I'm lonely, I'm lonely, banging the dirty DA on the couch that her child sits on.

It's still Summer home.

Now another nasty couch they need to throw out!

#20   2012/10/10 11:08AM
    Shirl62

Quote KeepingItReal: Oh yeah, the wimp wasn't the one studdering and saying I'm lonely, I'm lonely, banging the dirty DA on the couch that her child sits on.

It's still Summer home.

Now another nasty couch they need to throw out!

It happened. If Nick would not have left his wife and broken up his family, this probably wouldn't have happened. Summer is responsible for he way she handled it but her father made it much worse by blaming Phyllis and Ronan and not looking at his own part in this mess. Phyllis would not have been with Ronan if Nick would have been at home taking care of his business and his family and Summer wouldn't be acting out if Nick would have stayed with Phyllis and sat Sumer down to tell her the truth of why Phyllis and Ronan were together start with. Instead he just wimped out and waited to tell Summer anything because he was too busy trying to be the "good little boy" to Phyllis being the big bad one. Nick is every bit as responsbible for what Summer did as Phyllis will ever be. Also, Summer should have called her mother. She hadn't spoken to her since she left to go live with Nick anyway. Her mother had been calling her for days.

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list