List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: How will new writers treat character of Phyllis

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

How will new writers treat character of Phyllis

Started by curtish at 2012/10/05 06:17PM
    Latest post: 2012/10/08 05:21PM, Views: 3411, Replies: 55
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 page:
    #51   2012/10/08 01:20PM
    Re: How will new writers treat character of Phyllis
    Just Mary

Quote HappyDay62: I think that they will put this stupid storyline behind Phyllis and move her foward. MAB rewound this character like she didn't live for the last 20 years and froze her in time. Phyllis is a great and dynamic lead character on this soap and the writers should take her in that direction. Phyllis is a business woman and she should be putting her family back together, mending her relationship with Daniel and Summer and moving forward with her life. She is a woman of substance and great character and she will do great things. I am tired of seeing her brought down in the muck for haters on the boards and in competition with a character that is less than she is who always needs a prop. I want to see her shake Nick, he is a kid. If they won't grow him up to her and I don't see them doing that, then I believe that she deserves a wealthy, dynamic and powerful man in her life that the writers bring someone new for her. Not Jack and the same old retreads. Phyllis needs a powerful man, a strong man, a real man. A man of commerce. A mover and a shaker. I want to see them write that for her and get her out from under this muck that MAB had her trapped in with the Newman trash and thier insipid, childish garbage. I would love to see her buy back RS and take it to be the success that she can make it. I loved her when she owned it and she deserves to be a business woman again.

Amen! Great post! I could not have said it better myself.

#52   2012/10/08 01:23PM
    Just Mary

Quote Rilynne:
    Quote careless whispers:
    janesBydiction:I have no idea how the writers will treat Phyllis however I hope Ronan is a part of the Phyllis equation some how.

Me too.

Agreed!! I think if they would write Ronan as they did when he first came to GC, he would be a tough no nonsense guy who really needs no one. That is what she needs, a guy who can wrangle her, so to speak, and handle her. I think Jack was that guy but I like Ronan too.

I agree too! Ronan risked everything for her. Now that's a real man and one that will more than fill the bill to handle Phyllis. That's what she needs.

#53   2012/10/08 01:27PM
    Just Mary

Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote Rilynne:
    Quote HappyDay62: I think that they will put this stupid storyline behind Phyllis and move her foward. MAB rewound this character like she didn't live for the last 20 years and froze her in time. Phyllis is a great and dynamic lead character on this soap and the writers should take her in that direction. Phyllis is a business woman and she should be putting her family back together, mending her relationship with Daniel and Summer and moving forward with her life. She is a woman of substance and great character and she will do great things. I am tired of seeing her brought down in the muck for haters on the boards and in competition with a character that is less than she is who always needs a prop. I want to see her shake Nick, he is a kid. If they won't grow him up to her and I don't see them doing that, then I believe that she deserves a wealthy, dynamic and powerful man in her life that the writers bring someone new for her. Not Jack and the same old retreads. Phyllis needs a powerful man, a strong man, a real man. A man of commerce. A mover and a shaker. I want to see them write that for her and get her out from under this muck that MAB had her trapped in with the Newman trash and thier insipid, childish garbage. I would love to see her buy back RS and take it to be the success that she can make it. I loved her when she owned it and she deserves to be a business woman again.

I don't know what Y&R you are watching but it is completely different from the one I have watched for over 20 years. Manipulative, trashy, liar, stalker, psycho - yes. Business woman - no, well unless you mean when she is writing trashy lies about someone to prop herself up.

Quote Rilynne:

I don't know what Y&R you are watching but it is completely different from the one I have watched for over 20 years. Manipulative, trashy, liar, stalker, psycho - yes. Business woman - no, well unless you mean when she is writing trashy lies about someone to prop herself up.

Phyllis founded NVP with Nikki. Phyllis was also one of the original partners on RS when it began and it wasn't a tabloid it was a fashion magazine. So yes Phyllis is a business woman. When Daniel was gong through the Cassie trial, Phyllis had a very responsible position at Newman until Nick fired her just because she was Daniel's mother. She then got a job at Jabot and during this time Phyllis was not hurting, or manipulating anyone. She wasn't hurting anyone when she was married to Jack. Diane framed her for attempted murder and arson and Phyllis went to jail for something she didn't do. When she was pregnant with Summer she was working every day and then she married Nick she wasn't hurting or manipulating anyone. They had to go back 20 years to find something she had done. Even when she was part owner of RS it was a fashion magazine. Billy was the one that turned it into a tabloid and when he hired Phyllis it was her job to run the magazine like her boss (Billy) wanted her to.

Also let's not forget that Phyllis was the one that came up with the letter that resulted in Faith being restored to Sharon. Her first impulse was to burn it and the Phyllis of 20 years ago probably would have but she didn't. She resisted those old ways and did the right thing. That shows growth and change. She even admitted to Nick that a part of her wishes she never knew. But she was criticized for that blatant honesty and was called a bad person for having those thoughts.

Phyllis was the one that uncovered the memory card that freed Sharon. As much as she disliked Sharon the old Phyllis might have not said anything and let Sharon sit in prison for another 6 months or so. But she didn't , she worked with Ronan to bring that evidence to bear on Sharon's trial and she was released. Sharon on the other hand was trying to help Daisy to get Lucy away from Phyllis. Sharon was willing to jeopardize the physical safety and emotional well being of an innocent child just because she didn't like Phyllis.

So lets give Phyllis the credit for having grown and changed a lot before MAB started regressing her.

Right on! She has evolved and changed. MAB should have never brought a 20 year old S/L into today just to please some of the naysayers on this board who want nothing but story lines that are as boring as they are.

Phyllis is one of the best actresses on this show and MAB threw her to the wolves.

#54   2012/10/08 04:54PM
    SuziDecorator

I'd like to see the new team start writing ALL the women as strong rather than needlessly victimized. Phyllis would never have put up with Nick cheating - she's have handed him his hat, booted him in the butt and said "have fun but don't come back". Nick's always been a child (except I did like it when he stepped up and was there for his kids on the numerous times Sharon was off finding herself or playing dead) and Phyllis was wasted with him. Sharon - in a perfect world - would take her pretty face and whatever smarts and money she has and make her own way in life without relying on a man - any man - to rescue her. MAB obviously either hated women or slept her own way up to the top to be able to turn out such garbage for all the female characters.

Let's just hope the new writing team will turn things around and make it a bit more believable.

#55   2012/10/08 05:15PM
    chillepepper

My vote is maybe they shoud give other actresses a chance at a sl and a love interest,I'm really sick of the MS show that Maria had going ,no to mention the Newmans and all their horsecrap. Hope they can at least finish a damn sl and maybe do some happy sls instea of all this bedhopping sex ever damn 2 seconds. Nick needs to go look after his daughter,he takes off and leaves the poor kid there knowing how upset she was,and goes to find Avery to get his tongue down her throat,nick and Phylliss are the most horny two people ,not to mention Whipped puppy getting in a couple of sessions of bang time,give me a freakin break,does nobody look out for the kids,certainly not these two wonderful parents. This whole sl needs to END like yesterday.

#56   2012/10/08 05:21PM
    mahina

Quote chillepepper: My vote is maybe they shoud give other actresses a chance at a sl and a love interest,I'm really sick of the MS show that Maria had going ,no to mention the Newmans and all their horsecrap. Hope they can at least finish a damn sl and maybe do some happy sls instea of all this bedhopping sex ever damn 2 seconds. Nick needs to go look after his daughter,he takes off and leaves the poor kid there knowing how upset she was,and goes to find Avery to get his tongue down her throat,nick and Phylliss are the most horny two people ,not to mention Whipped puppy getting in a couple of sessions of bang time,give me a freakin break,does nobody look out for the kids,certainly not these two wonderful parents. This whole sl needs to END like yesterday.

POST OF THE MONTH!!!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list