List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: How will new writers treat character of Phyllis

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

How will new writers treat character of Phyllis

Started by curtish at 2012/10/05 06:17PM
    Latest post: 2012/10/08 05:21PM, Views: 3721, Replies: 55
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #31   2012/10/08 08:47AM
    Re: How will new writers treat character of Phyllis
    ajsp35801

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: MAB made Phyllis more trampy.. but didn't she do that to all of the females??

I would think they would not change Phyllis that much.. she is suppose to be a trouble maker and a vixen.. she is the spice and she needs to be there as spice.

She is suppose to be the opposite of Sharon, although MAB made them equal.

I like both characters.. meant to serve very different purposes.

Kitty, you are sooo right. It's been rumored that MS wants Phyllis to be the lead herione of the show. That's Sharon's (and Nikki's role in a different age bracket). We don't need two. And no, turning Sharon into a mini Phyllis and changing her personality after 20 years did not go over well with the viewers. MS/Phyllis became popular by playing the anti-herione. She needs to stick with that formula. It's where she excels. But we DO NOT need two Sharon's or even a flip of Sharon and Phyllis.

#32   2012/10/08 08:49AM
    ajsp35801

Quote Sinny-0313:
    Quote curtish: I wonder how the new writers will write for Phyllis.

Will she be the same trashy tramp, or will they tone her down some?

Will she be the star of the show, or will she have to share
    the limelight?

Will they consider her to be worthy of change and redemption
    after all she has done to others?

Personally, I hope they fix all of the characters.. almost every single one took some serious damage with MAB at the helm...
    I do hope they fix Phyllis.. I hate seeing her pathetic over Nick.. the Phyllis I grew to love never would have taken his treatment,.. she would have hurt him by now.. that is what I want to see. I want to see her embrace her evil side again and start making these losers pay for messing with her.. that is the Phyllis I want to see... the take no prisoners one..

I hope Nick is her first target.

Amen Sinny...Amen. The Phyllis I knew and respected would have never taken this crap from Nick. SHe is not some simpering heroine. She is pitbull. That was amusing.

#33   2012/10/08 08:56AM
    dbpnrd

Quote Rilynne:
    Quote 77RestlessFan:
    Quote Rilynne:
    Quote HappyDay62: I think that they will put this stupid storyline behind Phyllis and move her foward. MAB rewound this character like she didn't live for the last 20 years and froze her in time. Phyllis is a great and dynamic lead character on this soap and the writers should take her in that direction. Phyllis is a business woman and she should be putting her family back together, mending her relationship with Daniel and Summer and moving forward with her life. She is a woman of substance and great character and she will do great things. I am tired of seeing her brought down in the muck for haters on the boards and in competition with a character that is less than she is who always needs a prop. I want to see her shake Nick, he is a kid. If they won't grow him up to her and I don't see them doing that, then I believe that she deserves a wealthy, dynamic and powerful man in her life that the writers bring someone new for her. Not Jack and the same old retreads. Phyllis needs a powerful man, a strong man, a real man. A man of commerce. A mover and a shaker. I want to see them write that for her and get her out from under this muck that MAB had her trapped in with the Newman trash and thier insipid, childish garbage. I would love to see her buy back RS and take it to be the success that she can make it. I loved her when she owned it and she deserves to be a business woman again.

I don't know what Y&R you are watching but it is completely different from the one I have watched for over 20 years. Manipulative, trashy, liar, stalker, psycho - yes. Business woman - no, well unless you mean when she is writing trashy lies about someone to prop herself up.

Phyllis founded NVP with Nikki. Phyllis was also one of the original partners on RS when it began. So yes Phyllis is a business woman. When Daniel was gong through the Cassie trial, Phyllis had a very responsible position at Newman until Nick fired her just because she was Daniel's mother. She then got a job at Jabot and during this time Phyllis was not hurting, or manipulating anyone. She wasn't hurting anyone when she was married to Jack. Diane framed her for attempted murder and arson and Phyllis went to jail for something she didn't do. When she was pregnant with Summer she was working every day and then she married Nick she wasn't hurting or manipulating anyone. They had to go back 20 years to find something she had done. Even when she was part owner of RS it was a fashion magazine. Billy was the one that turned it into a tabloid and when he hired Phyllis it was her job to run the magazine like her boss (Billy) wanted her to.

So you must have one of those delusional TV's they speak of. Of course poor little Phyllis didn't write any of this crap because she wanted to and took great pleasure in it, she does it because she has to, BS. If that were true she wouldn't do exactly the same thing in her blog. And Phyllis was certainly hurting and manipulating anyone and everyone in her path of destruction during her marriage to Nick. You can watch and/or read the epi's online if you forget. She is a sick pup, that is her character.

When it comes to Phyl what she does is always others' fault, LOL Its the way her lovers want it to be, not what is on the tube

#34   2012/10/08 09:08AM
    Shirl62

Quote ajsp35801:
    Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: MAB made Phyllis more trampy.. but didn't she do that to all of the females??

I would think they would not change Phyllis that much.. she is suppose to be a trouble maker and a vixen.. she is the spice and she needs to be there as spice.

Kitty, you are sooo right. It's been rumored that MS wants Phyllis to be the lead herione of the show. That's Sharon's (and Nikki's role in a different age bracket). We don't need two. And no, turning Sharon into a mini Phyllis and changing her personality after 20 years did not go over well with the viewers. MS/Phyllis became popular by playing the anti-herione. She needs to stick with that formula. It's where she excels. But we DO NOT need two Sharon's or even a flip of Sharon and Phyllis.

Phyllis has popularity on this show precisely because she is the heroine. Sharon is the female victim. Phyllis goes through horrible adversity and yet she always remains firmly with her feet on the ground and I have no doubt that she will come out of this 20 year old debacle with her feet firmly on the ground again. Some people relate heavily to a victim, they see themselves there and that is what has made Sharon's character so popular. They are two very different characters and are popular for very different reasons. Frankly, I don't even see the reason why people are always trying to compare them as to which is the better. They each have thier own issues and they each live thier own lives in very different ways. Nick was supposed to be the prize but as it has turned out, he is not even close. He has failed both women. He has basically proven that he isn't a good man for either woman so all of the fuss over the Phick/Shick wars was in vein, as I see it. I don't think that Nick Newman deserves to be with any woman. He can't get it up.

#35   2012/10/08 09:12AM
    Shirl62

Quote ajsp35801:

It must be a rumor because I haven't seen it in print anywhere and actually, here is where I have only heard it even intimated. I think that just recently, MS has made it very clear that she is there to act the part they write for her. I don't think that the actress partakes in any behind the scenes drama's to promote the show. Publicity stunts and rumors are not what she does.

#36   2012/10/08 09:17AM
    valleycliffe

Quote Shirl62:
    Quote ajsp35801:

It must be a rumor because I haven't seen it in print anywhere and actually, here is where I have only heard it even intimated. I think that just recently, MS has made it very clear that she is there to act the part they write for her. I don't think that the actress partakes in any behind the scenes drama's to promote the show. Publicity stunts and rumors are not what she does.

the "rumor" came from DC in one of their podcasts they mention it.

#37   2012/10/08 09:19AM
    ajsp35801

Quote Shirl62:
    Quote ajsp35801:

Phyllis has popularity on this show precisely because she is the heroine. Sharon is the female victim. Phyllis goes through horrible adversity and yet she always remains firmly with her feet on the ground and I have no doubt that she will come out of this 20 year old debacle with her feet firmly on the ground again. Some people relate heavily to a victim, they see themselves there and that is what has made Sharon's character so popular. They are two very different characters and are popular for very different reasons. Frankly, I don't even see the reason why people are always trying to compare them as to which is the better. They each have thier own issues and they each live thier own lives in very different ways. Nick was supposed to be the prize but as it has turned out, he is not even close. He has failed both women. He has basically proven that he isn't a good man for either woman so all of the fuss over the Phick/Shick wars was in vein, as I see it. I don't think that Nick Newman deserves to be with any woman. He can't get it up.

Not trying to be rude...but go look up the term protagonist/heroine and antagonist/villain...Phyllis has only been the heroine this past 1/2 years. Sharon is a heroine (you may call it a victim if you like and I guess it is in a way but that is what a heroine is.)

#38   2012/10/08 09:21AM
    ajsp35801

Quote Shirl62:
    Quote ajsp35801:

I heard it on the podcast on daytime confidential, more than once.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list