List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: who do you like better sharon or Phyllis

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

who do you like better sharon or Phyllis

Started by BiancaReeseRules at 2012/10/03 05:08PM
    Latest post: 2012/10/08 08:47AM, Views: 2620, Replies: 59
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #41   2012/10/04 05:22PM
    Re: who do you like better sharon or Phyllis
    PhickSuperFan

Quote bukopandan:
    Quote VanillaDP:
    Quote granny45:
    Quote sudzy55: I USED to like Phyliss , but I don't even know WHO she is anymore !!

I used to like Phyllis too - but the way they are writing her now, this is not Phyllis! I could never stand whiny Sharon from the very beginning when she lied to Nick about being a virgin to be sure she could trap him into a relationship because he was a "Newman"!

Phyllis is being written totally in character. She is basically the only one that is holding true to character. Meaning she is still doing evil things and still getting away with it. Suffering is something that is new for her but it is thoroughly enjoyable for those of us that hate her. So that is new and a nice twist...

Great point about Phyl being written "totally in character"--of course she is acting in character! Everything we're seeing is no stretch--it's all led up to what we're getting now. I'm not sure though how "new" any "suffering" is--she's always felt like a victim, but perhaps you are speaking of some actual suffering that you detect. I guess I see some. It's still a far cry from what the normal, healthy-minded person experiences. She's such a bizarre mutation of a human being.

Because of the point re Phyl's actor, the thread will probably soon be closed, and that's to be understood. I do think MS as Phyl and the stylists have intentionally been making Phyl the character less and less appealing in a number of ways. And as I said in another post this week, Phyl has seemed to look more like Ronan and less sexual to me. It feels as if the point is to sort of transform phyl into a neutral entity rather than for her to come across as strongly female and human. They intentionally super-feminize characters at times and make guys more macho or not, so it makes sense that changes in Phyl are for a reason.
    Phyllis is NOT being written in character---she hasn't been like this in almost 20 years. We have only seen her have moments over the years when she pulls her crap but nothing like what we have witnessed these past several months. MAB took less than a year to totally trash a character that had evolved...she did that sh*t on purpose.

I love love love love the Phyllis character and I like Sharon. But at least with Sharon MAB did that over a span of 3-4 years. Phyllis she rushed and brought up a storyline that she herself said she would never revisit, surprised no one has asked why is that.

I am glad Josh is back and here to fix that crap for both of these popular female characters. I can't wait to see how he rebuilds both of them.

#42   2012/10/04 05:42PM
    mahina

I like Sharon. She's beautiful and very kind. And I hope she goes back to normal. Moron MAB is finally gone and hopefully the new writers will make Sharon a better person.

Phyllis..... I have no words for that whack a doodle. I hate that character always have always will. She annoys me to no end.

#43   2012/10/04 05:47PM
    jc2012

Phyllis

#44   2012/10/04 06:11PM
    Carmen1960

No question about it, for me it has to be Phyllis. I love her character. I love her passion for life, family, work and "here I am" persona. However, lately she has been portrayed as a hysterical woman, and I really don't care for it. That conniving Phyllis existeds when she was young and insecure. She has grown so much and mature to become a very strong woman. I wish the writers bring THAT Phyllis back. As to Sharon, at least now shows some chutzpah. Before her character was so flat and boring. I kind of like this new Sharon. It shows me more about her. The real her.

#45   2012/10/04 06:37PM
    Chanel - Girl

I have Sharon's back always... TEAM SHARON

#46   2012/10/04 07:07PM
    Stemp

Quote VanillaDP:
    Quote S-jae: the "character" Sharon
    but love both MS & SC

THIS

Me too

#47   2012/10/04 07:10PM
    LucyT

Phillys is a way better actress.Sharon can not act she is a total waist and should be let go from the show as should avery and chtistine

#48   2012/10/04 07:29PM
    careless whi...

Phyllis.

Sharon is the biggest waste of fictional flesh in the history of television. I despise her, always have, always will. Don't think too highly of the actress either.

#49   2012/10/04 09:06PM
    freejean

Phyllis is my girl. Sharon has always been whiny, needy and has to have a man to make her feel whole. The only time she actually impressed me was when she was with Adam. He made her act like a woman. Phyllis is tough and strong and contrary to this story line, she has not been a whiner. The red headed Phyllis would have slapped that hag Nina all over the club and used no acting Chris & Danny to mop the floor. Please kill off Chris, please. **Note to writers, since Phyllis said she tried to stop the car, use the recent headline news of brakes sticking to get Phyllis off. Kill of Chris!!!!

#50   2012/10/04 09:10PM
    freejean

I totally agree that the writers are trashing Phyllis' character. I'm sure this is being done so Nick will eventually slink back to whiny Sharon. Good riddance. She needs to be with a strong man like Ronan. I like Nick, but he and his family never hold Victor accountable for anything he does, but everyone one else who does the same despicable things as Victor are slime. And while I'm at it, Billy go on and tell Victoria the truth, so she can take her Dad's side as always, even though he's done worse to you and her.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list