List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: who do you like better sharon or Phyllis

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

who do you like better sharon or Phyllis

Started by BiancaReeseRules at 2012/10/03 05:08PM
    Latest post: 2012/10/08 08:47AM, Views: 2530, Replies: 59
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #31   2012/10/04 10:15AM
    Re: who do you like better sharon or Phyllis
    VanillaDP

So far it's:
    Sharon 14;
    Phyllis 9.
    Not an official count though. Amazing Sharon has that much considering the butcher job MAB has done on her.

#32   2012/10/04 10:22AM
    masamf

The title is Sharon and Phyllis NOT Michelle Stafford and Sharon Case . When one starts commenting on acting chops or looks, its already crossed the line from character to actor and that's considered actress bashing .
    Back OT, I love Sharon better than Phyllis and it has nothing to do with their portrayers. I don't know either if the women that play the Sharon or Phyllis roles personally, so don't care to even go there.

#33   2012/10/04 10:25AM
    texasgal

I love both of them. I can't stand what they have done to their characters! It is just awful. I would love to see both of them redeemed and brought full circle. They redeem Ole Vic all the time. Why not Phyllis and Sharon? I would love to see them throw us a curve ball and make the become friends some how. Then they could toss Nick to the side and take Genoa City by storm! Ha! Ha!

#34   2012/10/04 10:39AM
    bukopandan

Quote VanillaDP:
    Quote granny45:
    Quote sudzy55: I USED to like Phyliss , but I don't even know WHO she is anymore !!

I used to like Phyllis too - but the way they are writing her now, this is not Phyllis! I could never stand whiny Sharon from the very beginning when she lied to Nick about being a virgin to be sure she could trap him into a relationship because he was a "Newman"!

Phyllis is being written totally in character. She is basically the only one that is holding true to character. Meaning she is still doing evil things and still getting away with it. Suffering is something that is new for her but it is thoroughly enjoyable for those of us that hate her. So that is new and a nice twist...

Great point about Phyl being written "totally in character"--of course she is acting in character! Everything we're seeing is no stretch--it's all led up to what we're getting now. I'm not sure though how "new" any "suffering" is--she's always felt like a victim, but perhaps you are speaking of some actual suffering that you detect. I guess I see some. It's still a far cry from what the normal, healthy-minded person experiences. She's such a bizarre mutation of a human being.

Because of the point re Phyl's actor, the thread will probably soon be closed, and that's to be understood. I do think MS as Phyl and the stylists have intentionally been making Phyl the character less and less appealing in a number of ways. And as I said in another post this week, Phyl has seemed to look more like Ronan and less sexual to me. It feels as if the point is to sort of transform phyl into a neutral entity rather than for her to come across as strongly female and human. They intentionally super-feminize characters at times and make guys more macho or not, so it makes sense that changes in Phyl are for a reason.

#35   2012/10/04 11:35AM
    granny45

Quote VanillaDP:
    Quote granny45:
    Quote sudzy55: I USED to like Phyliss , but I don't even know WHO she is anymore !!

I used to like Phyllis too - but the way they are writing her now, this is not Phyllis! I could never stand whiny Sharon from the very beginning when she lied to Nick about being a virgin to be sure she could trap him into a relationship because he was a "Newman"!

Phyllis is being written totally in character. She is basically the only one that is holding true to character. Meaning she is still doing evil things and still getting away with it. Suffering is something that is new for her but it is thoroughly enjoyable for those of us that hate her. So that is new and a nice twist...

NO she is definately not being written in character. Phyllis is not a nervous, twitching, scared of her shadow character, depending on a man to get her out of her trouble - that's more Sharon. Phyllis has always been able to fight her own battles and come out looking confident and strong. That's what I liked about her.

#36   2012/10/04 11:36AM
    Meefirst

I love Phyllis more. MS is the best actress on the show as far as I'm concerned

#37   2012/10/04 11:37AM
    granny45

Quote bukopandan:
    Quote VanillaDP:
    Quote granny45:

Great point about Phyl being written "totally in character"--of course she is acting in character! Everything we're seeing is no stretch--it's all led up to what we're getting now. I'm not sure though how "new" any "suffering" is--she's always felt like a victim, but perhaps you are speaking of some actual suffering that you detect. I guess I see some. It's still a far cry from what the normal, healthy-minded person experiences. She's such a bizarre mutation of a human being.

Because of the point re Phyl's actor, the thread will probably soon be closed, and that's to be understood. I do think MS as Phyl and the stylists have intentionally been making Phyl the character less and less appealing in a number of ways. And as I said in another post this week, Phyl has seemed to look more like Ronan and less sexual to me. It feels as if the point is to sort of transform phyl into a neutral entity rather than for her to come across as strongly female and human. They intentionally super-feminize characters at times and make guys more macho or not, so it makes sense that changes in Phyl are for a reason.

OMG!!! Victim - that is DEFINATELY Sharon's MO!! Always has been and still is!!!!!!!!!!

#38   2012/10/04 11:40AM
    Finally Free

I have always loved Phyllis, but I like the way Sharon has become now.

#39   2012/10/04 11:56AM
    BiancaReeseR...

sharon and phyllis are both good charaters

#40   2012/10/04 05:10PM
    SillieGirl

Adore both actresses. As far as my favorite character, it is both depending on the story line. At times I dislike them both as well! They both are as batty as a bat in a bell tower and funny as hell with their antics, fighting over the same damn man at times, and always trying to one up the other. Those two make for some good shows. MAB has really done a number on SC's character. Holy Crap if someone really was that far off kilter they would be in a padded room trying to catch the invisible butterflies. LOL I hope they do get SC closer to her old character though.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list