List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: The new writers?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The new writers?

Started by minnime at 2012/09/19 09:40AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/21 11:59PM, Views: 3304, Replies: 16
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2012/09/19 09:40AM
    The new writers?
    minnime

Hi All,

I am seeing a lot of similarities recently with the writing to All My Children right before its demise.

I was an AMC fan til the end and switched over to Y&R (mainly because of Melissa Claire Egan, I loved her on AMC (now Chelsea)).

The few things I've noticed is:
    1. Story lines have really slowed down. One thing I loved about Y&R when I first started watching was how quickly things moved and how many SL's they had going on. Now everything seems to be dragging and only 1 or 2 main SL's going on (i.e. Sharon/Victor/Newman drama all relates to one character).
    2. A lot of cast being let go, some being replaced yes, but others maybe not? Fewer characters mean fewer SL's.

Any thoughts?

#2   2012/09/19 09:44AM
    Re: The new writers?
    jilltidwell

Quote minnime: Hi All,

I am seeing a lot of similarities recently with the writing to All My Children right before its demise.

I was an AMC fan til the end and switched over to Y&R (mainly because of Melissa Claire Egan, I loved her on AMC (now Chelsea)).

The few things I've noticed is:
    1. Story lines have really slowed down. One thing I loved about Y&R when I first started watching was how quickly things moved and how many SL's they had going on. Now everything seems to be dragging and only 1 or 2 main SL's going on (i.e. Sharon/Victor/Newman drama all relates to one character).
    2. A lot of cast being let go, some being replaced yes, but others maybe not? Fewer characters mean fewer SL's.

Any thoughts?

I'm not seeing that. The only thing I've been saying is that we didn't/don't need JFP as EP. But, nobody is wanting to listen. I think JG will straighten out the story lines, but he needs a new producer. I like JG as a writer.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2012/09/19 09:48AM
    #3   2012/09/19 09:52AM
    Joy T

I too was a AMC fan. The new writers are on board but none of their writing has been shown yet. I read that it would be mid-Oct. I cannot wait to see what they will do. It can't possibly get worst. I just read that EB (Victor) has renewed his contract and that news has given me hope. Also read that Jill will be back in Oct. I truly believe that the veterans are going to keep their jobs and Y&R will better than ever. I am thinking positive!

#4   2012/09/19 09:58AM
    linmae

%( It's getting very boring;some of these story lines are boring.I'm tired of Nick n Phyllis they shouldn't be together.Get some good writers to change some of these boring stories,get rid of some characters like Cane N Lilly,Kevin n Choloe they are very boring ,Phyllis' son
    Daniel needs to go too.Get some new faces and better actors who can act and be believeable.Sharon needs a new do she looks like a Afghan dog with that straight ugly do she's had it for too many years she needs a new look.Get Nicky to get a life instead of butting in always being up Victor's
    you know what they both need new spouses this yo-yo effect it's so boring them going back n forth with eachother.

#5   2012/09/19 09:59AM
    Newman1

I totally agree with you.

#6   2012/09/19 10:15AM
    Jackie10

Well since it was just as some of us said that all the firing is coming from CBS/Sony not JFP and the story lines have been slow for the past several years I think we wont know how JFP and crew are doing for several months. When Sony and CBS are done cleaning house we will see a difference.

#7   2012/09/19 10:19AM
    juicyju

The new writers stories will not show up until the middle of October, these are still from MAB.

#8   2012/09/19 10:44AM
    pink kiity

im not worry about the writer is the evil jill who is the problem the last soap they gave hers free reins to the soap and shes has ruined the soaps so badly that it got ax and brought the rating down i rather they had brought in ellen doran or edward scott not soap killer jill,just let hers go shes will murder the soap.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/09/19 10:46AM
    #9   2013/08/03 04:11AM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

I thought I would bring this front and center.. this was started back in Sept of 2012.. intersting what was said..
    J. Griffin did not start his stories until Oct.. even though JFP was announced as EP in July.. but she had no say so until Oct..

Some of what the fans wanted have been done.. but Posters are still not happy..

I will Post Griffin'ss interview after he took over..

#10   2013/08/03 11:47AM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

I am bringing this forward. .I hope people read what was written about when tney heard there was new writersm back in Sept of 2012

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list