List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Phyllis's New BROWN Hair Color -- YAY or NAY?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Phyllis's New BROWN Hair Color -- YAY or NAY?

Started by angelicka at 2012/09/18 10:10AM
    Latest post: 2012/09/19 10:08AM, Views: 5005, Replies: 64
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #21   2012/09/18 12:51PM
    Re: Phyllis's New BROWN Hair Color -- YAY or NAY?
    dbpnrd

Whatever she ain't looking great lately.

#22   2012/09/18 01:06PM
    TxRangerFan

yay!! it looks so healthy and vibrant and not like dead straw!

the color brings out her eyes and great complexion!

and NO, Phyllis is not returning to the Phyllis of 1994, wishfully thinking from some, but not true

the coming weeks will be great for Phyllis fans and PHICK fans!!!

#23   2012/09/18 01:07PM
    Potato Queen

I guess that they do it for effect but I remember that they did the same thing to Sharon and she looked mousy with that dark brown hair. Maybe it has something to do with the dark storylines. I don't see why they have to change thier hair color dark to match the storyline, however. The dark hair on Phyllis accentuates her good skin. Other than that, she is more a red head and they should have left her that way. The dark hair is too dramatic.

#24   2012/09/18 01:09PM
    TxRangerFan

Quote Potato Queen: I guess that they do it for effect but I remember that they did the same thing to Sharon and she looked mousy with that dark brown hair. Maybe it has something to do with the dark storylines. I don't see why they have to change thier hair color dark to match the storyline, however. The dark hair on Phyllis accentuates her good skin. Other than that, she is more a red head and they should have left her that way. The dark hair is too dramatic.

MS is the one who made the decision on the hair color, not "the show"

#25   2012/09/18 01:11PM
    TxRangerFan

Amelia took this pic of MS this morning in the makeup/hair room

distilleryimage8.s3.amazonaws.com/8e75384a01a811e2b46022000a1e9de2_7.jpg

does no look to "dark" to me!

#26   2012/09/18 01:22PM
    bukopandan

Quote rediculous: With the dark hair and the heavy eye make-up with the black she seems to be wearing lately all she needs is a broom. I have been wondering why they have her looking so dismal and dark lately. I loved the red hair, she looks very harsh now. Maybe they have her looking this way for the story line she is in now.

my problem with most of the dyed hair on the show in general is that it is so, so dyed and creates a two-dimensional looking character. not just on phyl, but on others (for example, heather, although hers is starting to soften and would soften more with a cut, and sharon's when sharon was on the farm--i think a light brown would have been more suitable, although of course she had dyed her hair originally to disguise herself). i prefer the "dark brown" (i have dark brown hair and do not consider hers dark brown but a dark auburn and one that exists only in a box, which is fine as long as it is acknowledged that phyl has artsy-fake looking hair and we're bot supposed to believe it's real) to the red, but like you i have issues with the eyes. the eye makeup has been horrendous and just makes the eyes even more deep-set and sinister. there are ways to handle deep-set eyes with makeup--back in the day, super-model claudia schiffer, who has deep-set eyes, used to talk about this. and today, with all those weird squinty faces phyl made, she looked like an evil bjork. and her haggy posture added to the effect. phyl has been so cartoonish of late. i'm sure some find it entertaining, but for me it makes a willing suspension of disbelief completely impossible. i think the hair color itself is great. it's everything else being done that, in combination with the color, makes phyl ridiculous.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/09/18 01:23PM
    #27   2012/09/18 01:25PM
    blubird

Quote TxRangerFan: yay!! it looks so healthy and vibrant and not like dead straw!

and NO, Phyllis is not returning to the Phyllis of 1994, wishfully thinking from some, but not true

Not a Phyllis fan so not looking forward to seeing a Phick reunion... if Nick goes back to her he's a dumb A$#
    Im sure she will be found not guilty and it will be peace and love again.... as to her hair irrelavant

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/09/18 01:26PM
    #28   2012/09/18 01:27PM
    dbpnrd

Quote blubird:
    Quote TxRangerFan: yay!! it looks so healthy and vibrant and not like dead straw!

Not a Phyllis fan so not looking forward to seeing a Phick reunion... if Nick goes back to her he's a dumb A$#
    Im sure she will be found not guilty and it will be peace and love again.... as to her hair irrelavant

U mean piece

#29   2012/09/18 01:52PM
    rediculous

And I guess we all should just take that to the bank. LOL!!!

#30   2012/09/18 01:56PM
    TxRangerFan

Quote rediculous:

And I guess we all should just take that to the bank. LOL!!!

wow more posting bashing!

and yes take it to the bank

did you really think that Phyllis was going to pay for something she did not do?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list