List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Steve Burton Says "Never Say Never" About Y&R Role

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Steve Burton Says "Never Say Never" About Y&R Role

Started by francolicious at 2012/08/28 12:23PM
    Latest post: 2012/08/30 03:19PM, Views: 3099, Replies: 12
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2012/08/28 12:23PM
    Steve Burton Says "Never Say Never" About Y&R Role
    francolicious

TV Guide Magazine: Speaking of Jill, she's now over at The Young and the Restless. Would you do a role there?

Burton: Listen, Jill is one of my dearest friends. [Laughs] I'm never going to say never because , as soon as I do, I'll be popping up over there! Here's the thing: As cool as it was to know I had a nice, cushy place to go every day with GH, I think it's going to be just as cool to not have a nice, cushy place to go every day. I like not knowing what's next for a change. I'm jumping off a cliff in a total leap of faith.

#2   2012/08/28 12:27PM
    Re: Steve Burton Says "Never Say Never" About Y&R Role
    francolicious

After 21 years on Y&R, Steve Burton wanted a change!

I can see JFP creating an exciting new character for Steve Burton next year!

By then, Steve will be ready to jump back into acting after a nice holiday.

Steve Burton worships Peter Bergman and wanted to work with him for the longest time. He even auditioned for Nick Newman 20 years ago!

So excited to see what Steve will do next!

#3   2012/08/28 12:36PM
    Re: Steve Burton Says
    jcren

I am not surprised at all. I totally expect to see him within the year.

#4   2012/08/28 12:37PM
    mollyandwally

Can we trade him in for the GH-ers we have? I'll take him over GF and SN. Y&R needs some males in there 40s since MAB got rid of Don Diamont.

Let's see who could he be? He could be the son of Phillip Chancellor 2 & Jill- A real blood Chancellor and he's the perfect age.

Not a re-cast of Phillip Chancellor 3, but the twin, his brother. If you remember Katherine was having repressed memories and thought she stole Jill's baby Phillip3, then they dropped the story line and brought back the the original Phillip 3. Well both could be true.

#5   2012/08/28 12:52PM
    valleycliffe

Quote francolicious: After 21 years on Y&R, Steve Burton wanted a change!

I can see JFP creating an exciting new character for Steve Burton next year!

By then, Steve will be ready to jump back into acting after a nice holiday.

Steve Burton worships Peter Bergman and wanted to work with him for the longest time. He even auditioned for Nick Newman 20 years ago!
    So excited to see what Steve will do next!

LOL maybe 2nd time is the charm...

#6   2012/08/28 12:56PM
    francolicious

Quote mollyandwally: Can we trade him in for the GH-ers we have? I'll take him over GF and SN. Y&R needs some males in there 40s since MAB got rid of Don Diamont.

Let's see who could he be? He could be the son of Phillip Chancellor 2 & Jill- A real blood Chancellor and he's the perfect age.

Not a re-cast of Phillip Chancellor 3, but the twin, his brother. If you remember Katherine was having repressed memories and thought she stole Jill's baby Phillip3, then they dropped the story line and brought back the the original Phillip 3. Well both could be true.

Those are great ideas!! I can easily see Steven Burton playing Katherine Chancellor's grandson.

A heavy hitter like Steve Burton would put the Chancellor family back on the map. It's a real game changer!

#7   2012/08/28 01:06PM
    mollyandwally

Quote francolicious:
    Quote mollyandwally: Can we trade him in for the GH-ers we have? I'll take him over GF and SN. Y&R needs some males in there 40s since MAB got rid of Don Diamont.

Those are great ideas!! I can easily see Steven Burton playing Katherine Chancellor's grandson.

A heavy hitter like Steve Burton would put the Chancellor family back on the map. It's a real game changer!

No, he wouldn't be Katherine Chancellor's grandson (Chancellor is only Kay's married name), but a REAL blood line Chancellor, the son of Jill & Phillip Chancellor the II, the founder of Chancellor Industries. And the great great, great, great, grandson of Civil War hero Garfield Dandridge Chancellor, the man who founded Genoa City.

And I must correct my mistake, the present Phillip III would not be related, I forgot that Katherine replaced the real baby Phillip 3-(baby Steve Burton- LOL) with someone else's baby not related. But they could make Jill have had twins too, and Kay only stole one both would work.

#8   2012/08/28 03:36PM
    rach123

Quote francolicious: TV Guide Magazine: Speaking of Jill, she's now over at The Young and the Restless. Would you do a role there?

Burton: Listen, Jill is one of my dearest friends. [Laughs] I'm never going to say never because , as soon as I do, I'll be popping up over there! Here's the thing: As cool as it was to know I had a nice, cushy place to go every day with GH, I think it's going to be just as cool to not have a nice, cushy place to go every day. I like not knowing what's next for a change. I'm jumping off a cliff in a total leap of faith.

It sounds like Steve is already thinking about Y&R. If JFP writes a good part for him, he'll do it.

#9   2012/08/28 03:36PM
    rach123

Quote jcren: I am not surprised at all. I totally expect to see him within the year.

Definitely.

#10   2012/08/29 01:41PM
    dyllanna

they should pair sharon with steve burton. they'd look hot 2gether.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list