List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Update on Jess Walton's (Jill) Y&R Return!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Update on Jess Walton's (Jill) Y&R Return!

Started by Candace at 2012/08/27 08:29AM
    Latest post: 2012/08/27 02:25PM, Views: 1347, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2012/08/27 08:29AM
    Update on Jess Walton's (Jill) Y&R Return!
    Candace

http://soaps.sheknow...4323/

#2   2012/08/27 09:05AM
    Re: Update on Jess Walton's (Jill) Y&R Return!
    grammapam

Quote Candace: soaps.sheknows.com/youngandrestless/news/id/24323/
    Thanks Candace.

#3   2012/08/27 12:52PM
    mollyandwally

It's so refreshing to hear that the new regime is interested in Jess Walton and the character on Jill. They are already light years ahead of MAB on understanding that long-time characters and the actors that play them are very important to Y&R viewers.

MAB's idea that any soap star from any soap is as good as a Y&R characters/actors that the audience had followed for decades resulted in a unwatchable train wreck.

#4   2012/08/27 12:58PM
    mirranda

It's sounding more and more like Jess left the show instead of taking a holiday... I'm happy she is now thinking of coming back though. I hope it works out!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/08/27 12:58PM
    #5   2012/08/27 02:25PM
    mollyandwally

Quote mirranda: It's sounding more and more like Jess left the show instead of taking a holiday... I'm happy she is now thinking of coming back though. I hope it works out!

More like MAB pushed Jess Walton off the show!

I mean come on now. I was watching as Katherine was at a loss at what to do when Neil refused to take the CEO job at Chancellor Industries. Poor Kay had no where else to go & no one could help her......

WHAT A JOKE! KATHERINE WAS LIVING WITH JILL who ran CI & Jabot successfully for years and would have jumped at the chance to do it again.

But this was MAB, she didn't want Jill on the screen, she wouldn't write for her, bu what was even worse she did EVERYTHING possible to write around her, or she just ignored Jill existed to make her newbies work. As soon as Tucker was re-cast Jill was immediately removed form the GC business stories and Tucker was used in her place. Then she was put back in, in a position she held over 20 years ago just to prop Genevieve.

One of the best actresses on this show, who won 2 Emmy's for her portrayal of Jill the only original character left on Y&R, was made the purse holder for MAB"s favorite newbies Tucker & Genevieve, or not used at all. When she became an overnight hit with Colin, MAB fired TR rather than write for them, that wasn't the couple she wanted. She wanted a popular couple with her newbies.

Jess Walton may have left gracefully but she wasn't given much of a choice.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list