List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Is Sharon going crazy?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Is Sharon going crazy?

Started by dairymaid at 2012/08/23 05:24PM
    Latest post: 2012/08/24 10:53AM, Views: 1563, Replies: 14
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2012/08/23 05:24PM
    Is Sharon going crazy?
    dairymaid

I have to admit that actress, Sharon Case who plays Sharon Newman is really an awesome actress! She knows how to look crazy! Lately, I believe that this storyline is going to show that she is indeed losing her "marbles" and will need to be hospitalized in a mental institution.

#2   2012/08/23 05:48PM
    Re: Is Sharon going crazy?
    bukopandan

and she may. something's way off. we know it. not everyone wants to admit it--it's so easy to pretend that this is the usual sharon!--but we know. unfortunately, none of the fools in gc have noticed anything truly amiss. only reason nick's finally seeing anything is b/c it's avery's idea for getting ne away from sharon. i hope they all feel like a-holes when the truth comes out and they all realize what self-centered failures they've been.

#3   2012/08/23 06:30PM
    TSHM

Sharon is going cuckoo! This behavior is not that of the real Sharon. She has never been about money and power. Whether or not S.N.'s character was originally supposed to be written as a gold digger , it was not written
    that way and I don't believe now is the time for change . The residents of GC are too stupid to notice that she is heading for a mental breakdown. S. C. is amazing , she is an awesome actress.

#4   2012/08/24 08:42AM
    Reminsye

Quote dairymaid: I have to admit that actress, Sharon Case who plays Sharon Newman is really an awesome actress! She knows how to look crazy! Lately, I believe that this storyline is going to show that she is indeed losing her "marbles" and will need to be hospitalized in a mental institution.

Nooooo...in my opinion, she is not doing anything that a lot of women that has been through what she has...sad but true. Lost her only daughter(God forbid),at the same time her husband pulls away and end up leaving her for a psychopath, another daughter is presumed dead; but kidnapped by the man she falls in love with, persecuted in public, thrown in jail for crime she didn't commit...and that for starters.

#5   2012/08/24 09:05AM
    bukopandan

Quote Reminsye:
    Quote dairymaid: I have to admit that actress, Sharon Case who plays Sharon Newman is really an awesome actress! She knows how to look crazy! Lately, I believe that this storyline is going to show that she is indeed losing her "marbles" and will need to be hospitalized in a mental institution.

Nooooo...in my opinion, she is not doing anything that a lot of women that has been through what she has...sad but true. Lost her only daughter(God forbid),at the same time her husband pulls away and end up leaving her for a psychopath, another daughter is presumed dead; but kidnapped by the man she falls in love with, persecuted in public, thrown in jail for crime she didn't commit...and that for starters.

these are huge. if more posts come in, we can predict they will point about how she has left town more than once, that kind of thing. what she has endured is always crossed out by some kind of bad choices she's made, as if this somehow erases the suffering she's endured. she's been through the worst traumas. yes, phyl has had two miscarriages (the second one bothered her for all of part of a day and then she pulled herself up by her bootstraps and moved on and all focus went to ricky and daisy) but she's not been raped, beaten, had her teenage child die, and made to think she'd lost another child. these are things that would make anyone crack, and we know that on yr no one gets the help they need and no one who supposedly cares for a person sees to it that he or she gets the help needed.

i'm not seeing how sharon can be ceo and do it successfully when it really does seem something's off and been off for months. at any other time i'd have faith in sharon's ability to succeed, but there's too much that's strange and not her going on. it's too bad. she'll have a breakdown or the tumor will be discovered or some other physical reason for how she's been behaving, and all that some in gc will focus on is that she burned bridges and put ne in jeopardy. i just don't see how she can be sick in some way and also be made to succeed at holding down the ne position. but the writing has been so up-and-down for so long, so who knows. i'm still not over how they had sharon and nicky have that poignant shared moment in jail and then things immediately returned to snarky nikki acting like they'd not talked and treating sharon like dirt again. that in-jail moment seemed like it was going to actually mean something, but it was dropped. i thought then that maybe someone would finally be unselfish enough to realize that sharon was in need of help.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/08/24 09:12AM
    #6   2012/08/24 09:10AM
    Joy T

If I were writing the Sharon story, I would not write her as a crazy money hungry bimbo. She has endured so much pain from the loss of her daughter, a cheating husband and then to find out the man she falls in love with stole her daughter. She was able to forgive Adam and Nuck. I would write her as a strong woman that has finally come out of her shell. Victor is gone and she is standing strong. Its not about the money or power. Its about a woman who always depended on a man for her happiness but now is trying to accomplish greatness on her on. I hope she soon realizes that Tucker is manipulating her and turns the tables on him. I am hoping Sharon makes billions for Newman.

#7   2012/08/24 09:28AM
    cynthial64

No, i dont think she is going crazy I think hopefully she has came to her senses and realize that she can stand on her own without a man....and for her standing up to Nick, Victoria, and especially Adam which she has always had an weakness for.... Keep it up she always backed down to them....Sharon Case is a wonderful actress I wish they could give her a good story line with a good man instead of someone like Victor which we know in time he will go back to Nikki....bring Sam back at least he cared for her and would support her thru anything......I think Nick and Phyllis deserve each other...i think Phyllis is the one going crazy.....

#8   2012/08/24 10:00AM
    nonniepat

All of your posts are great and you each make wonderful points.

Sharon Case is doing an outstanding job these days.

But for all Sharon's bravado with makiing herself NE CEO and standing up to Victoria, Nick and Adam there is something going on behind the scenes in GC that we are seeing but the only GC citizen to see it is Adam and he is not really focusing on the specifics of it.

Bottom line is Sharon, whether having a break down now or not, is being played by Tucker and being played like a fine tuned violin.

Sharon will crash and crash hard when Tucker completes his hostle takeover of NE right under all the Newmann's noses and then the hatred the Newmann 4 (including Abbey) have for Sharon now will pale in comparison.

Not that I want to see Sharon have a mental break but in the end it maybe the only way that Nick and company will understand all this when all is said and done.

My big question in all this is how could Victor leave things the way they are knowing Tucker sits on his board? Did he really think that all you know what wouldn't break lose in his absence? Seeing as how NE is his first love and his life that doesn't make sense to me. Sharon may not be the only one to possible have a mental break.

Just my humble thoughts.

Great Thread.

Thanks for reading!

#9   2012/08/24 10:07AM
    Jackie10

Quote Reminsye:

I agree I think Sharon is suffering from Depression. It started when she was a teen I am sure. Her dad left, she got pregnant and had to give her child up. And the list goes on and on. Depression makes you feel crazy even though you are not. It makes you hurt and pull away from the ones you love. And you can go for years with it until things become to bearable to handle. And you have to let it out some how. Breaking things, throwing things. Crying for no reason. And lots of other possible effects. I just hope she comes out on top and wins this round with Daddy Dearest.

#10   2012/08/24 10:16AM
    Benay

Quote cynthial64: No, i dont think she is going crazy I think hopefully she has came to her senses and realize that she can stand on her own without a man....and for her standing up to Nick, Victoria, and especially Adam which she has always had an weakness for.... Keep it up she always backed down to them....Sharon Case is a wonderful actress I wish they could give her a good story line with a good man instead of someone like Victor which we know in time he will go back to Nikki....bring Sam back at least he cared for her and would support her thru anything......I think Nick and Phyllis deserve each other...i think Phyllis is the one going crazy.....

And then there's Tucker...

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list