List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Michelle Stafford carrying the show--but that wouldn't be the case if...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Michelle Stafford carrying the show--but that wouldn't be the case if...

Started by iowahawkeye at 2007/08/24 07:43AM
    Latest post: 2007/08/26 06:32PM, Views: 940, Replies: 24
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2007/08/24 09:28AM
    Re: Michelle Stafford carrying the show--but that wouldn't be the case if...
    pdames4

The writers seem to have very limited stories that are traditional. I like unconventional characters such as Kevin, Jana, Gloria and others. However, these writers don't know when to stop. They take the characters to too many extremes. ex..Kevin doing everything and anything legal and illegal to get Jana, holding her at gunpoint. This was so overdone. What kind of a person does that at the risk of everything. How can you vouch for something so utterly ridiculous.
    Gloria's escapades are ridiculous. They paint their characters into corners where there is no extraction. I believe there should be some unpredictability for each character. Nonetheless, these storylines take it to another level. There seems to be a pattern of characters who break the law, cause pain and suffering and in some cases death to the veteran characters who have been cherished for years. There needs to be an even balance or the show is not going to be able to keep their audiencce.

#12   2007/08/24 09:28AM
    iowahawkeye

Quote Chrissi: MS doesn't carry the show. She's one great actress of many on the show. Please try to take care that your posting isn't causing upset amongst the posters, Iowa. The constant negativity is most disagreeable.

Thanks,
    Chrissi

Okay, i'll work on that. Thanks for letting me know. I should've said the "Phyllis s/l is carrying the show right now", and kept it to a character comment, sorry.

#13   2007/08/24 09:30AM
    iowahawkeye

Quote pdames4: The writers seem to have very limited stories that are traditional. I like unconventional characters such as Kevin, Jana, Gloria and others. However, these writers don't know when to stop. They take the characters to too many extremes. ex..Kevin doing everything and anything legal and illegal to get Jana, holding her at gunpoint. This was so overdone. What kind of a person does that at the risk of everything. How can you vouch for something so utterly ridiculous.
    Gloria's escapades are ridiculous. They paint their characters into corners where there is no extraction. I believe there should be some unpredictability for each character. Nonetheless, these storylines take it to another level. There seems to be a pattern of characters who break the law, cause pain and suffering and in some cases death to the veteran characters who have been cherished for years. There needs to be an even balance or the show is not going to be able to keep their audiencce.

Very good valid points you have here. And this is more bound to happen when you have PLOT-DRIVEN shows, like GH. You run out of things to do to keep in exciting AND credible!

#14   2007/08/24 09:35AM
    Chrissi

Thanks iowa. Have fun!!

#15   2007/08/24 09:40AM
    Revasfan

This constant barrate of Colleen is making me sick. I am beginning to hate this board. JEZZ Adrienne Leon is gone, she got fired, it's over, she aint coming back and it wouldn't make a difference anyway!!!!

#16   2007/08/24 10:00AM
    StaceyT

Quote Revasfan: This constant barrate of Colleen is making me sick. I am beginning to hate this board. JEZZ Adrienne Leon is gone, she got fired, it's over, she aint coming back and it wouldn't make a difference anyway!!!!

I agree, I dont think she would want to come back anyway She has moved on, now her obsessed followers need to do the same Move on and find something else to gripe about ~ theres plenty
    Fact is you could have 500,000 people sign a petition but If AL has moved on and has NO DESIRE to come back its all for nothing

I don't see this as a bad post. Opinions ARE allowed! ~Chrissi

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/08/24 11:19AM
    #17   2007/08/24 10:02AM
    Revasfan

The thing that annoyed me was that this thread was disguised as something else, and really all it was about was more AL crap!!!!

#18   2007/08/24 10:05AM
    StaceyT

Quote Revasfan: The thing that annoyed me was that this thread was disguised as something else, and really all it was about was more AL crap!!!!

#19   2007/08/24 10:09AM
    KeepingItReal

Quote Revasfan: The thing that annoyed me was that this thread was disguised as something else, and really all it was about was more AL crap!!!!

Well they call it "freedom of speech" or "opinion".

Missery likes company.....I guess I was giving them the benefit of the doubt when I opened the thread but I should of figured it was just another ploy to rant on.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/08/24 10:16AM
    #20   2007/08/24 10:10AM
    KeepingItReal

Quote StaceyT:
    Quote Revasfan: This constant barrate of Colleen is making me sick. I am beginning to hate this board. JEZZ Adrienne Leon is gone, she got fired, it's over, she aint coming back and it wouldn't make a difference anyway!!!!

I agree, I dont think she would want to come back anyway She has moved on, now her obsessed followers need to do the same Move on and find something else to gripe about ~ theres plenty
    Fact is you could have 500,000 people sign a petition but If AL has moved on and has NO DESIRE to come back its all for nothing

Love you shoes T!

Also ITA with you.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list