List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: I HAVE GREAT NEWS!...ABOUT SOAPNET & DISNEY JR!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I HAVE GREAT NEWS!...ABOUT SOAPNET & DISNEY JR!

Started by sharonismygirl at 2012/07/15 09:45AM
    Latest post: 2012/07/18 09:13AM, Views: 6514, Replies: 26
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2012/07/15 06:17PM
    Re: I HAVE GREAT NEWS!...ABOUT SOAPNET & DISNEY JR!
    yandrfanx_

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_: SOAPnet is not going anywhere cuz it's not going off the air cuz DIsney Jr didnt replace it as Disney Jounior is on channel 298 for Directv which I have and I still have SOAPnet right now and won't end up losing that channel and Disney doesn't own SOAPnet anyways.

FYI - Here are a few confirmations about Disney replacing SoapNet with Disney Jr: "Disney Channel has confirmed a launch date for its new 24-hour preschool channel. Disney Junior will replace SoapNet on most cable and satellite systems at midnight on Friday, March 23." - TV Guide, January 09, 2012

"Disney Jr. launches to replace SOAPnet, t's not a light switch. Most will still be able to have SOAPnet for a period of time. We've closed deals with cable operators [including Time Warner Cable and Cablevision, which owns Newsday. Cablevision will launch Disney Jr. on Channel 126 and keep SOAPnet, too, for the time being.] and as other cable operators come to term, we'll add those." - Newsday, March 20, 2012

"Disney Junior Launches on Friday (March 23, 2012); SOAPnet to Continue on Some Carriers. After the Disney/ABC Television Group announced in 2010 that SOAPnet will go off the air, the day is finally upon us. The 12-year-old network will be replaced by Disney Junior, a 24-hour network aimed at kids ages two to seven years old and their families, on Friday.

But that doesn't mean SOAPnet will go away for all viewers. A Disney/ABC TV Group spokesperson explains that it currently has carriage agreements with Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Bright House Networks and Verizon for Disney Junior and those affiliates will also continue to carry SOAPnet.

We view the launch of Disney Junior as a transition, not a flip of a switch," a Disney/ABC TV Group spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter. "And as such SOAPnet will remain available for an undetermined period of time as deals are finalized with distributors." - The Hollywood Reporter, March 22, 2012

As I stated above, some providers will continue to air SoapNet until their license agreements expire. Once that happens, SoapNet will be removed from those providers' lineups.

SOAPnet is not gonna get removed from the Directv lineup cuz Disney does not own SOAPnet and Disney Jr already launched on channel 289 on Directv for me and I still have SOAPnet and will still have it FOREVER!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/07/15 06:19PM
    #12   2012/07/15 06:32PM
    HOT PINK

Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_: SOAPnet is not going anywhere cuz it's not going off the air cuz DIsney Jr didnt replace it as Disney Jounior is on channel 298 for Directv which I have and I still have SOAPnet right now and won't end up losing that channel and Disney doesn't own SOAPnet anyways.

FYI - Here are a few confirmations about Disney replacing SoapNet with Disney Jr: "Disney Channel has confirmed a launch date for its new 24-hour preschool channel. Disney Junior will replace SoapNet on most cable and satellite systems at midnight on Friday, March 23." - TV Guide, January 09, 2012

"Disney Jr. launches to replace SOAPnet, t's not a light switch. Most will still be able to have SOAPnet for a period of time. We've closed deals with cable operators [including Time Warner Cable and Cablevision, which owns Newsday. Cablevision will launch Disney Jr. on Channel 126 and keep SOAPnet, too, for the time being.] and as other cable operators come to term, we'll add those." - Newsday, March 20, 2012

"Disney Junior Launches on Friday (March 23, 2012); SOAPnet to Continue on Some Carriers. After the Disney/ABC Television Group announced in 2010 that SOAPnet will go off the air, the day is finally upon us. The 12-year-old network will be replaced by Disney Junior, a 24-hour network aimed at kids ages two to seven years old and their families, on Friday.

But that doesn't mean SOAPnet will go away for all viewers. A Disney/ABC TV Group spokesperson explains that it currently has carriage agreements with Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Bright House Networks and Verizon for Disney Junior and those affiliates will also continue to carry SOAPnet.

We view the launch of Disney Junior as a transition, not a flip of a switch," a Disney/ABC TV Group spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter. "And as such SOAPnet will remain available for an undetermined period of time as deals are finalized with distributors." - The Hollywood Reporter, March 22, 2012

As I stated above, some providers will continue to air SoapNet until their license agreements expire. Once that happens, SoapNet will be removed from those providers' lineups.

SOAPnet is not gonna get removed from the Directv lineup cuz Disney does not own SOAPnet and Disney Jr already launced on channel 289 for me and I still have SOAPnet and will still have it FOREVER!

Evidently, you did not read my earlier post, which shows various news agencys' reports that Disney is replacing SoapNet with Disney Jr. Here is a bit of history: Soapnet launched on January 20, 2000, and is owned by Disney-ABC Television Group, a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. You still have it because your provider's licensing agreement for SoapNet has not expired yet. When cable companies and other internet providers' licensing agreements expire, SoapNet will be removed from their lineups. So, eventually, ALL cable companies and other distributors (Dish Network, DirectTV, etc.) will stop airing SoapNet.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2012/07/15 06:34PM
    #13   2012/07/15 06:50PM
    yandrfanx_

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:

SOAPnet is not gonna get removed from the Directv lineup cuz Disney does not own SOAPnet and Disney Jr already launced on channel 289 for me and I still have SOAPnet and will still have it FOREVER!

Evidently, you did not read my earlier post, which shows various news agencys' reports that Disney is replacing SoapNet with Disney Jr. Here is a bit of history: Soapnet launched on January 20, 2000, and is owned by Disney-ABC Television Group, a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. You still have it because your provider's licensing agreement for SoapNet has not expired yet. When cable companies and other internet providers' licensing agreements expire, SoapNet will be removed from their lineups. So, eventually, ALL cable companies and other distributors (Dish Network, DirectTV, etc.) will stop airing SoapNet.

Directv will not stop airing SOAPnet cuz I will see that they don't. They don't need to remove SOAPNet just cuz Disney Jr was just launched Saturday Morning on July 14

#14   2012/07/15 07:01PM
    HOT PINK

Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:

Directv will not stop airing SOAPnet cuz I will see that they don't. They don't need to remove SOAPNet just cuz Disney Jr was just launched Saturday Morning on July 14

Pardon me, Disney OWNS SoapNet. That said, there's really no need to keep going about about this. It's a moot point; and, since it is a fact that Disney has decided to stop airing SoapNet, it will eventually disappear from ALL provider lineups, even DirecTV's.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2012/07/15 07:07PM
    #15   2012/07/15 07:27PM
    yandrfanx_

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:

Pardon me, Disney OWNS SoapNet. That said, there's really no need to keep going about about this. It's a moot point; and, since it is a fact that Disney has decided to stop airing SoapNet, it will eventually disappear from ALL provider lineups, even DirecTV's.

Nope it's not cuz Disney does not need to stop airing SOAPnet and Disney is just being selfish and can't let us have what we want well too bad Disney won't get what they want cuz we Soap fans needs SOAPnet and SOAPnet is not a disney channel or an ABC channel so Disney/ABC does not own SOAPnet

#16   2012/07/15 07:37PM
    HOT PINK

Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:

Nope it's not cuz Disney does not need to stop airing SOAPnet and Disney is just being selfish and can't let us have what we want well too bad Disney won't get what they want cuz we Soap fans needs SOAPnet and SOAPnet is not a disney channel or an ABC channel so Disney/ABC does not own SOAPnet

Excuse me - One last time here - DISNEY OWNS SOAPNET, no if ands or buts. Disney made the choice to stop airing SoapNet, and there is nothing we can do about it, unfortunately. If ABC/Disney cared about what their viewers wanted, they would not have cancelled All My Children and One Life To Life. And, to millions of soap fans' disappointment, SoapNet will be gone very shortly as well.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/07/15 07:38PM
    #17   2012/07/15 09:09PM
    yandrfanx_

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:

Excuse me - One last time here - DISNEY OWNS SOAPNET, no if ands or buts. Disney made the choice to stop airing SoapNet, and there is nothing we can do about it, unfortunately. If ABC/Disney cared about what their viewers wanted, they would not have cancelled All My Children and One Life To Life. And, to millions of soap fans' disappointment, SoapNet will be gone very shortly as well.

No they won't cuz I'll make sure that doesn't happen. Disney does not need to stop airing SOAPnet cuz it has nothing to do with Disney Junior and well If we can't have SOAPnet then the kids can't have Disney Junior, it's as simple as that cuz it isn't fair.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/07/15 09:11PM
    #18   2012/07/15 09:41PM
    HOT PINK

Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:

No they won't cuz I'll make sure that doesn't happen. Disney does not need to stop airing SOAPnet cuz it has nothing to do with Disney Junior and well If we can't have SOAPnet then the kids can't have Disney Junior, it's as simple as that cuz it isn't fair.

Disney has already replaced the SoapNet channel with Disney Jr. SoapNet is only airing in certain areas because the distributors' licensing agreements with Disney have not expired yet. Once the remaining distributors' agreements expire, SoapNet will be removed from their lineups. So, yes, it is as simple as that.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/07/15 09:43PM
    #19   2012/07/15 10:03PM
    yandrfanx_

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:

Disney has already replaced the SoapNet channel with Disney Jr. SoapNet is only airing in certain areas because the distributors' licensing agreements with Disney have not expired yet. Once the remaining distributors' agreements expire, SoapNet will be removed from their lineups. So, yes, it is as simple as that.

No it's not simple as that, They don't need to remove SOAPnet, when we can have both but I guess Disney is being selfish right now and there is no law saying we can't have both SOAPnet and Disney Jr, when we can.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/07/15 10:05PM
    #20   2012/07/15 10:14PM
    HOT PINK

Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote yandrfanx_:
    Quote HOT PINK:

No it's not simple as that, They don't need to remove SOAPnet, I guess Disney is being selfish right now cuz there is no law saying we can't have both SOAPnet and Disney Jr when we can

To be honest, in the great scheme of things, it doesn't matter to them if you don't think it's fair. If it did matter what soap fans thought, Disney/ABC would not have cancelled All My Children and One Life To Live. Disney has already made the choice to stop airing SoapNet. Disney owns SoapNet and if they want to take it off the air, it's their legal right and prerogative to do so. And, as I said, it is a done deal. Hope you will have a good night.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/07/15 10:18PM
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list