List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: I HAVE GREAT NEWS!...ABOUT SOAPNET & DISNEY JR!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I HAVE GREAT NEWS!...ABOUT SOAPNET & DISNEY JR!

Started by sharonismygirl at 2012/07/15 09:45AM
    Latest post: 2012/07/18 09:13AM, Views: 6233, Replies: 26
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2012/07/15 09:45AM
    I HAVE GREAT NEWS!...ABOUT SOAPNET & DISNEY JR!
    sharonismygirl

Yesterday my Direct TV added a new channel, DISJR CHANNEL 289!...and it is not on SOAPNET channel!!...Which means DISNEY JUNIOR will not replace SOAPNET!

I live in Dunn, North Carolina, and this is great news!..Of course, nothing has been announced about SOAPNET yet!!

Judy

#2   2012/07/15 03:25PM
    Re: I HAVE GREAT NEWS!...ABOUT SOAPNET & DISNEY JR!
    vampiresrule

Quote sharonismygirl: Yesterday my Direct TV added a new channel, DISJR CHANNEL 289!...and it is not on SOAPNET channel!!...Which means DISNEY JUNIOR will not replace SOAPNET!

I live in Dunn, North Carolina, and this is great news!..Of course, nothing has been announced about SOAPNET yet!!

Judy

Since Disney owns Soapnet, how is this possible?

#3   2012/07/15 03:35PM
    HOT PINK

FYI - I lost SoapNet in my area over two months ago (much to my distress). The new Disney Jr channel may not have the same channel number(s) that SoapNet did, but it has basically replaced SoapNet since the latter (SoapNet) will be totally phased out as soon as all of the license agreements have expired.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/07/15 03:36PM
    #4   2012/07/15 03:43PM
    Yale Steam

Quote sharonismygirl: Yesterday my Direct TV added a new channel, DISJR CHANNEL 289!...and it is not on SOAPNET channel!!...Which means DISNEY JUNIOR will not replace SOAPNET!

Judy

Judy,
    Hi! My mother and her family are from Dunn NC as well. AWESOME!

#5   2012/07/15 03:57PM
    vampiresrule

Quote HOT PINK: FYI - I lost SoapNet in my area over two months ago (much to my distress). The new Disney Jr channel may not have the same channel number(s) that SoapNet did, but it has basically replaced SoapNet since the latter (SoapNet) will be totally phased out as soon as all of the license agreements have expired.

Exactly! Disney OWNS Soapnet, so as soon as the license agreement is over, Soapnet will be gone.

#6   2012/07/15 03:57PM
    lvsdasnow

Judy

Hi Judy, I am just down the state from you and I appreciate you telling me this. I thought they were going to make the changes three nights ago. I changed servers because my server removed Soapnet plus speed TV. They told me if I wanted those channels, I would have to purchase another package.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/07/15 03:59PM
    #7   2012/07/15 04:06PM
    pink kiity

I lost soap net to its now style network its was 183

#8   2012/07/15 04:15PM
    HOT PINK

Quote lvsdasnow:

Judy

Hi Judy, I am just down the state from you and I appreciate you telling me this. I thought they were going to make the changes three nights ago. I changed servers because my server removed Soapnet plus speed TV. They told me if I wanted those channels, I would have to purchase another package.

You may want to check with your new provider to see exactly how long their license agreement with Disney lasts regarding SoapNet. It varies in each franchise area. Once the license agreement with Disney to air SoapNet expires, the channel will be removed from the lineup.

#9   2012/07/15 04:39PM
    yandrfanx_

SOAPnet is not going anywhere cuz it's not going off the air cuz DIsney Jr didnt replace it as Disney Jounior is on channel 298 for Directv which I have and I still have SOAPnet right now and won't end up losing that channel and Disney doesn't own SOAPnet anyways.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/07/15 04:43PM
    #10   2012/07/15 05:14PM
    HOT PINK

Quote yandrfanx_: SOAPnet is not going anywhere cuz it's not going off the air cuz DIsney Jr didnt replace it as Disney Jounior is on channel 298 for Directv which I have and I still have SOAPnet right now and won't end up losing that channel and Disney doesn't own SOAPnet anyways.

FYI - Here are a few confirmations about Disney replacing SoapNet with Disney Jr: "Disney Channel has confirmed a launch date for its new 24-hour preschool channel. Disney Junior will replace SoapNet on most cable and satellite systems at midnight on Friday, March 23." - TV Guide, January 09, 2012

"Disney Jr. launches to replace SOAPnet, t's not a light switch. Most will still be able to have SOAPnet for a period of time. We've closed deals with cable operators [including Time Warner Cable and Cablevision, which owns Newsday. Cablevision will launch Disney Jr. on Channel 126 and keep SOAPnet, too, for the time being.] and as other cable operators come to term, we'll add those." - Newsday, March 20, 2012

"Disney Junior Launches on Friday (March 23, 2012); SOAPnet to Continue on Some Carriers. After the Disney/ABC Television Group announced in 2010 that SOAPnet will go off the air, the day is finally upon us. The 12-year-old network will be replaced by Disney Junior, a 24-hour network aimed at kids ages two to seven years old and their families, on Friday.

But that doesn't mean SOAPnet will go away for all viewers. A Disney/ABC TV Group spokesperson explains that it currently has carriage agreements with Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Bright House Networks and Verizon for Disney Junior and those affiliates will also continue to carry SOAPnet.

We view the launch of Disney Junior as a transition, not a flip of a switch," a Disney/ABC TV Group spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter. "And as such SOAPnet will remain available for an undetermined period of time as deals are finalized with distributors." - The Hollywood Reporter, March 22, 2012

As I stated above, some providers will continue to air SoapNet until their license agreements expire. Once that happens, SoapNet will be removed from those providers' lineups.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/07/15 05:16PM
    1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list