List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Are You There?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Are You There?

Started by pfoster191 at 2007/08/15 09:38AM
    Latest post: 2007/08/15 05:38PM, Views: 798, Replies: 23
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2007/08/15 05:25PM
    Re: Are You There?
    pfoster191

There are several steps involved in changing your name. A lawyer is involved and so is the state police for obvious reasons. They have to have a copy on file. I don't think Amber has the money to do this. However, she can use Moore because she was never legally married to Cane. He wasn't even there. Only her girlfriend.
    Patti

#22   2007/08/15 05:30PM
    Eppy

Quote pfoster191: There are several steps involved in changing your name. A lawyer is involved and so is the state police for obvious reasons. They have to have a copy on file. I don't think Amber has the money to do this. However, she can use Moore because she was never legally married to Cane. He wasn't even there. Only her girlfriend.
    Patti
    I petitioned for a name change after my divorce. All you need to do is go to the court house, ask for an application, and it will be submitted to a judge for approval -no police-no lawyer-no big deal!! The work comes in at the DMV for a new driver's license, obtaining a new SS card, and other pertinent name changes to reflect the new name.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/08/15 05:37PM
    #23   2007/08/15 05:34PM
    pfoster191

Quote Eppy:
    Quote pfoster191: There are several steps involved in changing your name. A lawyer is involved and so is the state police for obvious reasons. They have to have a copy on file. I don't think Amber has the money to do this. However, she can use Moore because she was never legally married to Cane. He wasn't even there. Only her girlfriend.
    Patti
    I petitioned for a name change after my divorce. All you need to do is go to the court house, ask for an application, and it will be submitted to a judge for approval. No big deal -no police-no lawyer-no big deal!!

In her case there was no divorce because there was no marriage, therefore, she should not be using the name, Ashby. She has not had her name changed to be Ashby by marriage or any other way.

#24   2007/08/15 05:38PM
    Eppy

Quote pfoster191:
    Quote Eppy:
    Patti
    I petitioned for a name change after my divorce. All you need to do is go to the court house, ask for an application, and it will be submitted to a judge for approval. No big deal -no police-no lawyer-no big deal!!

In her case there was no divorce because there was no marriage, therefore, she should not be using the name, Ashby. She has not had her name changed to be Ashby by marriage or any other way.
    I realize that, but we were talking about name-change prodedures.

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list