List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Never Saw So Much Intimacy w/Phyl/Nick.....

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Never Saw So Much Intimacy w/Phyl/Nick.....

Started by Bedroomeyes at 2007/08/14 07:43AM
    Latest post: 2007/08/15 07:51PM, Views: 4646, Replies: 194
    « 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 » »| page:
    #171   2007/08/14 07:47PM
    Re: Never Saw So Much Intimacy w/Phyl/Nick.....
    Eppy

Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote PLC02:
    Quote granny45: That's funny because I saw it all the time, every time they were together. The chemistry between Phyllis and Nick was so strong - I've never seen it on another Y&R couple.

I totally agree 100%!

It was called sex...plain and simple. Nothing romantic there....she bit her nails and giggled, and he all but disappeared into the background in his sex stupor.
    And in the vault, he had a genuine smile on his face and came to life again as he declared his love for Sharon. Haven't seen him be so loving and caring in a long time. We never saw that side of him when he was with Phillis - he always seemed uncomfortable around her when they weren't romping on the sofa.

#172   2007/08/14 07:48PM
    ILuvNY

Quote Eppy:
    Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote PLC02:
    Quote granny45: That's funny because I saw it all the time, every time they were together. The chemistry between Phyllis and Nick was so strong - I've never seen it on another Y&R couple.

I totally agree 100%!

It was called sex...plain and simple. Nothing romantic there....she bit her nails and giggled, and he all but disappeared into the background in his sex stupor.
    And in the vault, he had a genuine smile on his face and came to life again as he declared his love for Sharon. Haven't seen him be so loving and caring in a long time. We never saw that side of him when he was with Phillis - he always seemed uncomfortable around her when they weren't romping on the sofa.

Eactly...and they had a real conversation...no "wham, bam, thank you , ma'am"!!!

#173   2007/08/14 07:50PM
    Eppy

:-)

Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote Eppy:
    Quote ILuvNY:
    Quote PLC02:

I totally agree 100%!

Eactly...and they had a real conversation...no "wham, bam, thank you , ma'am"!!!

#174   2007/08/14 07:56PM
    SmashinglySweet

From the scenes I have watched, Phyllis/Nick don't really seem to connect in the same way that Sharon/Nick do. When JM and SC are in a scene together, you can feel both of their emotions. It really doesn't appear that they have a deep emotional connection. However, when I watch Phyllis/Nick, it seems like they are having fun together (not as of late), but the relationship appears superficial.

Just a question to any and all Phick fans, can you draw my attention to some scenes where Phyllis/Nick are connecting more than physically or by playing video games? I mean no insult to anyone, but I am interested in viewing those scenes just to see the emotional dynamic. Thanks!

#175   2007/08/14 07:58PM
    klindsey54

I read these posts from people who support Nick and Sharon and wonder how long they have been watching the show. I have been watching this show for as along as I can remember and Nick and Sharon have always been a crappy couple. Nick cheated on Sharon with Grace twice. Sharon then cheated on Nick with Diego and then left town and could not be found anywhere and Cassie was in the hospital after falling in the frozen pond and almost drowning. Sharon abandoned both of her children because of her own selfish needs. While gone she met Cameron Kirsten in a bar, had sex with him and THEN her beat her. There marriage was over long before Phyllis came along. All Sharon and Nick had were children and sex! They spent most of there marriage trying to get even with each other for cheating. Nick was a jerk before Phyllis came along. He was serious all the time and was a butt. Phyllis brought out another side of Nick, a playful fun, loving side that hadn't been seen in years and years. I love Nick and Phyllis and if the writers continue writing these horrible storylines this great show will no longer be the #1 daytime drama. After all they did "tie" with Guiding Light for best drama at the daytime Emmys this year. Y&R didn't used to have to share the spotlight. The writers need rethink these crazy storylines. Don't even get me started on Lily and Devon! That storyline is right out of the incestuous Bold and the Beautiful!

#176   2007/08/14 08:05PM
    SmashinglySweet

I've personally been watching since around the time Sharon became pregnant with Noah. I agree that both of their actions have been horrible, and destructive towards any marriage. However, I see them as having a deep connection with each other that trancends tragedy and infidelity. If they didn't truly love each other, would they have spent all of those fighting for their marriage?

I really think they love each other and that the loss of Cassie was an obstacle that they could have faced together, but didn't. Nick sought an escape, and that was Phyllis. If Nick would have shared his grief with Sharon, we would never have fathomed the idea of Phyllis/Nick because "she's not his type".

However, the biggest draw of Shick for me is JM and SC's chemistry. Together, they pull off these incredible, emotionally pulling scenes.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/08/14 08:08PM
    #177   2007/08/14 08:09PM
    ILuvNY

Quote SmashinglySweet: I've personally been watching since around the time Sharon became pregnant with Noah. I agree that both of their actions have been horrible, and destructive towards any marriage. However, I see them as having a deep connection with each other that trancends tragedy and infidelity. If they didn't truly love each other, would they have spent all of those fighting for their marriage?

I really think they love each other and that the loss of Cassie was an obstacle that they could have faced together, but didn't. Nick sought an escape, and that was Phyllis. If Nick would have shared his grief with Sharon, we would never have fathomed the idea of Phyllis/Nick because "she's not his type".

However, the biggest draw of Shick for me is JM and SC's chemistry. Together, they pull of these incredible, emotionally pulling scenes.

I've been watching since the day this soap started...every couple together for any length of time on this soap has done the same and worse than these two characters...that's why we watch...we don't want "normal" relationships. I must say that in all the years that I've been watching, these two characters have a real connection that goes much deeper than the physical.

#178   2007/08/14 08:11PM
    Latricia

Quote klindsey54: I read these posts from people who support Nick and Sharon and wonder how long they have been watching the show. I have been watching this show for as along as I can remember and Nick and Sharon have always been a crappy couple. Nick cheated on Sharon with Grace twice. Sharon then cheated on Nick with Diego and then left town and could not be found anywhere and Cassie was in the hospital after falling in the frozen pond and almost drowning. Sharon abandoned both of her children because of her own selfish needs. While gone she met Cameron Kirsten in a bar, had sex with him and THEN her beat her. There marriage was over long before Phyllis came along. All Sharon and Nick had were children and sex! They spent most of there marriage trying to get even with each other for cheating. Nick was a jerk before Phyllis came along. He was serious all the time and was a butt. Phyllis brought out another side of Nick, a playful fun, loving side that hadn't been seen in years and years. I love Nick and Phyllis and if the writers continue writing these horrible storylines this great show will no longer be the #1 daytime drama. After all they did "tie" with Guiding Light for best drama at the daytime Emmys this year. Y&R didn't used to have to share the spotlight. The writers need rethink these crazy storylines. Don't even get me started on Lily and Devon! That storyline is right out of the incestuous Bold and the Beautiful!

Bravo!!!

#179   2007/08/14 08:13PM
    SmashinglySweet

That's why I love Shick-the emotional connection. It's a soap, so I expect infidelity and other contrived drama. However, NIck/Sharon have this great connection that keeps me invested in them.

#180   2007/08/14 08:14PM
    Eppy

Klindsey 54. It's amazing to me how two people can watch the same show (I've been watching for 23 years, without fail) and interpret the same situation so differently. I have to say I haven't seen the Nick and Sharon marriage and problems as you have just described them. Because there is so much back story that must be taken into account in order to understand the character's actions.

« 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list