List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Phyllis Newman Show is about to lose a viewer

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Phyllis Newman Show is about to lose a viewer

Started by Glamma5993 at 2012/05/31 10:15AM
    Latest post: 2012/06/02 05:38AM, Views: 9313, Replies: 135
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #1   2012/05/31 10:15AM
    Phyllis Newman Show is about to lose a viewer
    Glamma5993

After 20 plus years of watching Y and R,I am growing tired of the stale writing and the blantant favortism of the writers, namely for Phyllis' character. No other characters can seemingly have happiness, have good intentions, or positive things happen in their lives b/c that would entail writing for someone other than Phyllis. Plus don't start with the Sharon bashing, it's not about that. Characters continue to morph into people I don't recognize and act in ways that are totally contrary to their basic natures. There is no romance other than Phyllis/Nick. The writers should fire Sharon Case, Micheal M., and save their money to continue glorify Phyllis and her life. It's old, boring, and her character is a middle-aged woman having a baby. Yawn. She will undoubedtly come out smelling like a "rose," while all the other characters fawn over her because some has dared to question her past. I'm done.

#2   2012/05/31 10:21AM
    Re: Phyllis Newman Show is about to lose a viewer
    feronie

I agree; after she was acting so silly when she was talking to Avery today, I switched channels and watched Michelle Obama and Rachael Ray in the garden at the White House.

I am so tired of Phyllis!!!!!

#3   2012/05/31 10:24AM
    Lucy3

I don't guess they care because they've been losing viewers by the thousands and still haven't made any decent changes.

#4   2012/05/31 10:27AM
    Benay

Quote Glamma5993: After 20 plus years of watching Y and R,I am growing tired of the stale writing and the blantant favortism of the writers, namely for Phyllis' character. No other characters can seemingly have happiness, have good intentions, or positive things happen in their lives b/c that would entail writing for someone other than Phyllis. Plus don't start with the Sharon bashing, it's not about that. Characters continue to morph into people I don't recognize and act in ways that are totally contrary to their basic natures. There is no romance other than Phyllis/Nick. The writers should fire Sharon Case, Micheal M., and save their money to continue glorify Phyllis and her life. It's old, boring, and her character is a middle-aged woman having a baby. Yawn. She will undoubedtly come out smelling like a "rose," while all the other characters fawn over her because some has dared to question her past. I'm done.

I'm sorry but I don't see Phyllis living the happy ever after fairy tail. Her son is married to a psycho, she's being stalked by a psycho, and her past is getting ready to smack her right in the face-how is her life being glorified? I know you don't want Sharon brought up but the Phyllis fans sat through months of the Sharon show last year with the snooze fest of her being in jail an then on the farm. I didn't threaten to not watch anymore just because the s/l wasn't wrapped around my favorite.

#5   2012/05/31 10:29AM
    angel276

This is so true! I'm so tired of Phyllis. They have her in every freaking storyline. It does make you wanna change the station. No matter what the woman does, she can do no wrong.
    The whole Nick/baby storyline is a huge joke!

#6   2012/05/31 10:32AM
    Glamma5993

When did I state I had a favorite? I re-read my post, and I just didn't see that. That is the problem with this board-No one can make a post w/out the Phyllis brigade jumping on board to help prop her up some more. You have no reason to do that: the writers, the Phick fans, etc.. have their way. I didn't enjoy Sharon's storyline last year either. I haven't liked the direction Sharon has taken in years. It is POSSIBLE to not like Phyllis' character, without liking Sharon's character either. GET A GRIP. You have your way. Watch away and enjoy. simmer down.

#7   2012/05/31 10:34AM
    jcren

It has always been "The Phyllis Show" -- this is nothing new. It getting beating over our heads more because she is ALWAYS THERE.

#8   2012/05/31 10:36AM
    AlyasMom

Quote Glamma5993: When did I state I had a favorite? I re-read my post, and I just didn't see that. That is the problem with this board-No one can make a post w/out the Phyllis brigade jumping on board to help prop her up some more. You have no reason to do that: the writers, the Phick fans, etc.. have their way. I didn't enjoy Sharon's storyline last year either. I haven't liked the direction Sharon has taken in years. It is POSSIBLE to not like Phyllis' character, without liking Sharon's character either. GET A GRIP. You have your way. Watch away and enjoy. simmer down.

I agree 100% with your last statement... Sharon has been on my ish list for a lonnnnnnnnggggg time....but what does that have to do with the fact I dont like Phyllis, and most of the boring s/l's Y&R got going on at this time?

#9   2012/05/31 10:42AM
    coolkraft

me too....I stopped watching a long time ago and considered coming back, this has only made me realize I made the right decision...boring boring boring....I am 100% sick to death of Phylis and her million story lines

#10   2012/05/31 10:47AM
    just diva

I feel that the writing is horrible on all levels and it has been that for a very long while now. I do agree that Phyllis keeps coming out smelling like a rose and she really needs to hit the bottom for all that she has done and gotten away with. What trips me out is how she gets to weird, deranged look in her eyes when she is talking about Daisy, Sharon or anyone she feels is a threat to her twisted way of life. I go weeks and don't watch when I get fed up with the non-sense. I come back after about a month of not watching and still nothing has changed. I feel your pain for not wanting to watch anymore. I have been there and I still am there. Get it together Y&R writers.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list