List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: WHY PHYLLIS WILL SURVIVE

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

WHY PHYLLIS WILL SURVIVE

Started by Backstreet at 2012/05/27 01:11PM
    Latest post: 2012/06/01 07:45AM, Views: 5383, Replies: 167
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #1   2012/05/27 01:11PM
    WHY PHYLLIS WILL SURVIVE
    Backstreet

While I read these threads calling for Phyllis to be crucified so that her blood will let, I continue to see how these haters really don't understand this character at all. That is, sometimes, what hate does. However, Phyllis will survive all that is coming her way simply because none of this is new to her. While there are some who are hoping that Nick will leave her, they don't understand. If Nick chooses to leave her, it won't destroy her. In fact, Phyllis loves him, but she don't need him. Unlike Sharon who just needs him but really doesn't love him.

As far as the past coming back to Phyllis? Big deal! While Phyllis was so young back then and devestated by the huge rejection of her family for being the only honest one there, she was living with that horrible rejection and the self doubt and self sabatage. While her actions were not right, it all came down to lessons learned for her. That is why she always survives. She is never perfect, she can be very impuslive, at times, but 20 years laters, Phyllis is one of the most compelling and intersting women on the soap opera. Much of the complications of Phyllis are being even more resolved.

Phyllis doesn't run from herself. She faces herself in the mirror everyday. Her reflection is beautiful and vulnerable. At times, tough! She has two beautiful children now and one more on the way. It doesn't matter whether she is in jail, or not in jail. It doesn't matter if she is ridiculed or slandered. Phyllis will always land her feet. She is a survivor. Her silly sister doesn't know her, didn't know her. While she loved her sister, her sister, along with the rest of her family turned thier backs on her because she knew the truth, a truth they couldn't accept. That is the thing about Phyllis, she can face the hard truth, about herself. She doesn't need to go stealing and loosing time.

No matter what she has to tell Nick or what is coming to her, Phyllis will survive to live another day and she will do it with substance and stability. Just watch her!

#2   2012/05/27 01:24PM
    Re: WHY PHYLLIS WILL SURVIVE
    BiancaReeseR...

Quote Backstreet: While I read these threads calling for Phyllis to be crucified so that her blood will let, I continue to see how these haters really don't understand this character at all. That is, sometimes, what hate does. However, Phyllis will survive all that is coming her way simply because none of this is new to her. While there are some who are hoping that Nick will leave her, they don't understand. If Nick chooses to leave her, it won't destroy her. In fact, Phyllis loves him, but she don't need him. Unlike Sharon who just needs him but really doesn't love him.

As far as the past coming back to Phyllis? Big deal! While Phyllis was so young back then and devestated by the huge rejection of her family for being the only honest one there, she was living with that horrible rejection and the self doubt and self sabatage. While her actions were not right, it all came down to lessons learned for her. That is why she always survives. She is never perfect, she can be very impuslive, at times, but 20 years laters, Phyllis is one of the most compelling and intersting women on the soap opera. Much of the complications of Phyllis are being even more resolved.

Phyllis doesn't run from herself. She faces herself in the mirror everyday. Her reflection is beautiful and vulnerable. At times, tough! She has two beautiful children now and one more on the way. It doesn't matter whether she is in jail, or not in jail. It doesn't matter if she is ridiculed or slandered. Phyllis will always land her feet. She is a survivor. Her silly sister doesn't know her, didn't know her. While she loved her sister, her sister, along with the rest of her family turned thier backs on her because she knew the truth, a truth they couldn't accept. That is the thing about Phyllis, she can face the hard truth, about herself. She doesn't need to go stealing and loosing time.

No matter what she has to tell Nick or what is coming to her, Phyllis will survive to live another day and she will do it with substance and stability. Just watch her!

That right haters are hateful words nick does love phyllis he wouldn't not leave her for something long time ago that her past and nick didn't tell her about his past and they are having their number two and phyllis will survive by nick.

#3   2012/05/27 01:27PM
    InCanada

Why is Sharon's name being mentioned? Isn't this another ode to Phyllis?

Sure there will be no jail time, but I hope she will feel the wrath and contempt of the GC's hypocrites.

I want her to feel the same shame and humiliation she caused Heather, Adam, Sharon and even Dru to feel. Just once this woman needs to suffer as much as her victims.

Substance and stability, ha! how about arms flailing and saying Why MEEEE? Why meee!! Yeah I will watch of course.
    She is not stable she is sick in the head.

#4   2012/05/27 01:31PM
    bellarus

The way this story is unfolding, I agree with you. Not only will Phyllis survive, she will be stronger than ever.

When Phyllis thinks back to that horrible time in her life, she will be very sad for how desperate and alone she was then. Now she has so very much. Phyllis will be fine. It will take a lot more than Ricky to bring her down.

#5   2012/05/27 01:37PM
    Benay

Quote bellarus: The way this story is unfolding, I agree with you. Not only will Phyllis survive, she will be stronger than ever.

When Phyllis thinks back to that horrible time in her life, she will be very sad for how desperate and alone she was then. Now she has so very much. Phyllis will be fine. It will take a lot more than Ricky to bring her down.

You are absolutely right.For all those who love Ricky simply because he's going after Phyllis, I say let's see who will be the last one standing. My money's on Phyllis!

#6   2012/05/27 01:48PM
    Backstreet

Quote InCanada: Why is Sharon's name being mentioned? Isn't this another ode to Phyllis?

Sure there will be no jail time, but I hope she will feel the wrath and contempt of the GC's hypocrites.

I want her to feel the same shame and humiliation she caused Heather, Adam, Sharon and even Dru to feel. Just once this woman needs to suffer as much as her victims.

Substance and stability, ha! how about arms flailing and saying Why MEEEE? Why meee!! Yeah I will watch of course.

Phyllis has no reason to suffer for such an idiot as Sharon or Heather, Adam or even Dru. If you take a good hard look at those idiots, what happened to all of them, they are responsible for, not Phyllis! That is hilarious. What? Suffer for them? On what planet? If they suffered, they did it to themselves. It sounds to me like you just want a bloodbath for Phyllis because Nick loves her and their family together. As for the rest of those ignorant yahoo's? Those fools did it to themselves! Phyllis doesn't owe those idiots anything! Let alone something so silly as to suffer for them! That would make our girl the biggest martyr on the show! Talk about a victim? Is that how you really see Phyllis?

#7   2012/05/27 01:51PM
    jtb1974

Phyllis will survive for 1 reason and 1 reason only and that is because she is the writers pet. If this was real life she would have been put away a long time ago. Nobody in real life can get away with as many crimes as she has.

#8   2012/05/27 01:52PM
    Adams pants

Phyllis will absolutely survive! Cockroaches always outlive everything and everybody!

#9   2012/05/27 01:58PM
    InCanada

Quote Backstreet:
    Quote InCanada: Why is Sharon's name being mentioned? Isn't this another ode to Phyllis?

Phyllis has no reason to suffer for such an idiot as Sharon or Heather, Adam or even Dru. If you take a good hard look at those idiots, what happened to all of them, they are responsible for, not Phyllis! That is hilarious. What? Suffer for them? On what planet? If they suffered, they did it to themselves. It sounds to me like you just want a bloodbath for Phyllis because Nick loves her and their family together. As for the rest of those ignorant yahoo's? Those fools did it to themselves! Phyllis doesn't owe those idiots anything! Let alone something so silly as to suffer for them! That would make our girl the biggest martyr on the show! Talk about a victim? Is that how you really see Phyllis?

Of course Saint Phyllis never does anything wrong in your eyes yet. It was none of her business to broadcast anything about these people, especially since the skeletons in her closet has been rattling ever so loudly.

I never said Phyllis should suffer for them, listen please! I said she should suffer for what she DID to them.

I don't care if dumb as rocks Nick loves Phyllis, she can have him for all I care. I do not want him anywhere near Sharon. Me wanting Phyllis to suffer has nothing, absolutely nothing at all to do with the dumb sod! LOL!! It all has to do with what she did to all those people I mentioned and also acting as if she is judge, jury and executioner when she has done ish herself.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2012/05/27 02:00PM
    #10   2012/05/27 01:59PM
    Backstreet

Quote bellarus: The way this story is unfolding, I agree with you. Not only will Phyllis survive, she will be stronger than ever.

Exactly! Phyllis is well aware of herself. She knows who she is. Phyllis was a rejected and a very alone young woman in those days. I would love for Dr. Tim to come to town. She will eat him alive, just like she did before! I have to admit that Dr. Tim was the most hilarious character back in that day and he and Phyllis were fabulous together! They really brought some true comedy to the show and it lightened up all of the heavy writing back then. Back then, the real nutball WAS Dr. Tim! I am thinking if he is still the same nutball today that he was back then, this is going to be hilarious to watch. It wasn't that long ago that I saw Sarah try to kill Phyllis, I remember when Sheila came to town with her face, and I remember back to all of the mechanations that Diane Jenkins did to Phyllis as well. In my opinion? Rick is nothing in comparison to even Diane Jenkins. She was the devil's daugther coming to roost on Phack back in that day and she would have today, if not that Phyllis had learned how to handle her.

As I have said, Phyllis has been through it, she has been through it all. She will maintain. She will do it with dignity and she will do it with grace and substance. She has come this far. So what if she looses Nick, the kids, whatever! Phyllis is will survive it all and she will thrive. I always think of that powerful scene in "Gone With The Wind" where Scarlett is on the hill and she makes her declaration to beat them all and she does it. That is Phyllis! That woman has courage, she is brave and she has the gumption it takes! You won't see her cowaring to old Vic or running around looking for some man to prop her up. She don't need it. Phyllis's heart is deep inside her. She endures what she has to and she goes on. Phyllis knows shame. Lawd! Look at her family! She will endure that and still continue.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list