List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Y&R fires Ashley but keeps Tucker? WTH?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Y&R fires Ashley but keeps Tucker? WTH?

Started by mollyandwally at 2012/05/09 09:19AM
    Latest post: 2012/05/11 10:26AM, Views: 4079, Replies: 51
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #11   2012/05/09 12:14PM
    Re: Y&R fires Ashley but keeps Tucker? WTH?
    Dshafky2

^^^Could you be any more full of crap with a comment like that? Probably not. Stephen hasn't "killed" anyone's career.

#12   2012/05/09 12:14PM
    PhylFan

Actor bash much?

I don't want to see either go - why does it have to be one or the other. I say get rid of boring Victor and Nikki and invest in these two - best pairing in GC right now (next to Chadam).

#13   2012/05/09 12:14PM
    HeyMon

Quote pink kiity: they should fired genie francis shes is the worst actress on the soap and doesnt do much for the soap

Thats for d@mn sure.

#14   2012/05/09 12:17PM
    HeyMon

Quote Dshafky2: ^^^Could you be any more full of crap with a comment like that? Probably not. Stephen hasn't "killed" anyone's career.

Sorry, no one likes Stephen Tucker who has watched Y&R for more than 2 years. SN has this loyal core of women who follow him from show to show...

#15   2012/05/09 12:25PM
    Qu33nTeelove...

Quote HeyMon:
    Quote Dshafky2: ^^^Could you be any more full of crap with a comment like that? Probably not. Stephen hasn't "killed" anyone's career.

Sorry, no one likes Stephen Tucker who has watched Y&R for more than 2 years. SN has this loyal core of women who follow him from show to show...

BullSh!t... I have watched this show since early 80's... I like Tucker and SN... Ashley was fired because she was...

#16   2012/05/09 12:26PM
    mollyandwally

His character Tucker has. The writers are replacing the Chancellor family, the only family on this show that was led by two strong female characters with a old white male like Victor.

SO Y&R's longest running relationship, Jill and Katherine, have NOT been allowed in a storyline together since Tucker's arrival. JC has reduced her hours. JW is on a 6 month "vacation". And obviously the super-coupling they thought was going to be a hit with Stephen Nichols fell flat, so they get rid of ED? This just isn't right, she and Abby kept him alive and relevant all last year.

#17   2012/05/09 12:32PM
    Dshafky2

Quote HeyMon:

Bull, there are plenty of long time Y&R watchers that enjoy SN as Tucker. I've seen the posts from them. You can dislike the character all you want but it's not his fault your beloved ED is leaving the show. I'm sorry she is going but it's not his fault.

#18   2012/05/09 12:34PM
    Aeryn

I can't believe this crap! They are getting rid of ED? Well to hell with that. No one can fill this role but her. *smh*

#19   2012/05/09 12:36PM
    Dshafky2

Quote mollyandwally:

His character Tucker has. The writers are replacing the Chancellor family, the only family on this show that was led by two strong female characters with a old white male like Victor.

SO Y&R's longest running relationship, Jill and Katherine, have NOT been allowed in a storyline together since Tucker's arrival. JC has reduced her hours. JW is on a 6 month "vacation". And obviously the super-coupling they thought was going to be a hit with Stephen Nichols fell flat, so they get rid of ED? This just isn't right, she and Abby kept him alive and relevant all last year.

I disagree and one could argue it was the other way around. Tucker kept them both relevant in an active storyline. As for the pairing falling flat, this is obviously more about money than anything else. The pairing was far from being flat.

JC reduced her hours for health reasons. To even suggest a link to the Tucker characters is ridiculous.

As for JW I agree the writers have fallen flat with her. There is no excuse for the way she has been written but there is also more than enough story for her. It just isn't being written.

#20   2012/05/09 12:46PM
    mollyandwally

Quote Dshafky2:
    Quote mollyandwally:

I disagree and one could argue it was the other way around. Tucker kept them both relevant in an active storyline. As for the pairing falling flat, this is obviously more about money than anything else. The pairing was far from being flat.

JC reduced her hours for health reasons. To even suggest a link to the Tucker characters is ridiculous.

As for JW I agree the writers have fallen flat with her. There is no excuse for the way she has been written but there is also more than enough story for her. It just isn't being written.

I don't think so, it's more than obvious that Tucker cannot hold his own between Katherine and Jill, so Jill has to be kept away and Katherine has to be watered down into some pathetic old lady who's only purpose is to prop Tucker.

The Y&R writers can't write the Chancellors as a family because Tucker DOES NOT fit in, so we get a big fat NOTHING and the time JC/Kay can work is given to gross old Tucker.

MAB wrote story after story for Tucker last year and he had a long list of material to submit for the award but he didn't even get a nomination and has never won an Emmy. Why aren't they writing for 2 time Emmy award winning Jill?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/05/09 12:47PM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list