List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/22 04:54PM, Views: 1535875, Replies: 31619
    « 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 » »| page:
    #31121   2014/08/16 04:23PM
    Re: Chadam Fans (No Bash)
    TwoOfEach

Cute BTS pic of the baby playing Connor and the clown:

instagram.com/p/rwIz-jiEex/

Hoping that nuAdam is hired soon.

#31122   2014/08/17 12:08PM
    Axl Rose

If anything I do not even understand why JFP and company are taking so long to re-cast the character of Adam Newman? I mean honestly if they are going to keep playing mind games with us all then why even keep the character of Adam around in the first place? They simply should have just killed Adam's character off but no Adam is alive, he's well and he is essentially faking his death staying away from his wife Chelsea and his son Connor even though he is having them watched as he is sitting behind his laptop and we can't even see Adam's face but we can see his hands and his body but not his face and what is up with that?

Perhaps Adam could have had plastic surgery on his face I mean it is plausible considering Adam was in an explosion and if he survived that then well of course naturally the explosion would disfigure Adam to the point where he would need a new face so plastic surgery would not only be very plausible but very possible too

And Adam coming back with a new face eventually, you could have so much story potential

#31123   2014/08/17 06:31PM
    cdhg

Quote jamilah: I wish the Guy they Cast for averys ex was Adam. He has the right look. Billy looks like He could Be chelseas Uncle and i find him very dull. I Hope nuadam Is not some Old looking dude. I admit i Can Be very shallow..lol

Would he be Chelsea's uncle by being Anita's brother or Jeffery's brother?

I thought I would share some of my GF's thoughts and some of mine. I haven't watched since the "defining their relationship episode." Maybe that one did me in for a while?

She watches regularly. She liked Chadam, especially up until the miscarriage and also Chylan but thought they got boring later on. She has not liked Chelly with either DT or BJ. She did not like DT in the role, but she isn't liking BJ in the role either and would prefer DT over BJ. She thought DT would not last long in the role and is saying the same about BJ.

She doesn't think BJ is a Billy Abbott. She does compare him to the Billy Miller version, which at times she thought was too silly but liked him especially with the short hair cut and after he got so serious in the aftermath of Delia's death.

She doesn't think BJ's version of Billy is interesting. She doesn't think he is excited enough is scenes. She thinks he might could do a new role, but just isn't a Billy Abbott.

Recently, I pointed to a picture in a soap mag which had a picture of Chelly from that love scene episode and I jokingly mentioned he looked 50. She said he does not look that old, but then said he would like fine with Brooke(B&B) and Lauren (Y&R). I told her she proved my point. I do not think he looks 50, but he definitely looks older than the two previous portrayers, which of course he is a few years older. His version is strikingly different from BM's version and especially from DT's version.

I figure I would get used to him after a period of time, whether I ever find the portrayal interesting or not. I do not find Chelly scenes that interesting. I am tired of them, but realize how this regime drags storylines out. I do not dislike them as much as Chylan, but that is not saying much.

I would say the main issue to me with the new Billy would be not coming across with enough charisma. I haven't watched enough of him in scenes overall to offer the best evaluation, but for me it has been mixed. I haven't seen enough of his scenes with others to make the best overall judgment. I think he and Victoria come across well enough together from an acting standpoint and looking like a couple standpoint considering the age looks and everything. I thought he would do well with the role as I was impressed by a reel of his on youtube, but perhaps I had the expectations too high. I think the guy can act, but perhaps the role is not the right fit or challenging enough at the time. Perhaps it is the writing and current storyline for him. Maybe a different storyline would help. Maybe I would get used to him over time. Maybe a new Adam can bring certain things out of him. Maybe he could have been a good fit for Avery's ex.

#31124   2014/08/17 06:57PM
    cdhg

I think of the various storylines Chadam could be involved in whether it involved scheming, business stories, dealing with someone from Chelsea's past who she conned, courtroom drama, working together to figure out something/solve something, a murder mystery, suspense, family stories, romance and trips, rivalries with others, dealing with stuff together, etc. Instead mostly triangles and angst between them and against them?

I am hoping Billy doesn't start working more closely with Chelsea from a business standpoint whether supporting her at Forrester, supporting her at Jabot, being a partner with her, or putting money behind her, etc. I prefer Chelsea working independent in business instead of getting help and support from Billy. I think it would be neat if Adam somehow helped Chelsea from behind the scenes regarding business while off screen or even if he has a new face when he arrives working with Chelsea as a boss or business partner with him helping to inspire her regarding business and designs.

I was thinking that Chelsea having a sister on the show might be neat, although that would be another newbie. Still, it would give her someone else to have scenes with and more storyline possibilities.

I remember the interview that Michael Fairman did with Shelly Altman regarding long drawn out stories. I do not remember her answer, but it was like he was giving a clue with the way he asked the question. He also asked her something about the mixing of characters, if I remember correctly. Anyways, I hope this stuff with Chelly is not drawn out too long or too cliché and predictable with them being in love when Adam returns like happened with Jelly regarding Phyllis waking up from the coma. I want to see some creativity and more variance in storylines and for stories to both move at a better flow and have a better flow along with better closure, wrap up, and/or transition to other stories. I like the focus on families, but even with that it needs to be done better and there needs to be less isolation of characters in storylines.

With it being late in baseball season, getting into football season and not too far away basketball season, I guess I look at Chadam as my favorite soap team like I view certain sports teams. I want my favorite teams to win and do well and that includes Chadam.

Modified 4 times(s), last time at: 2014/08/17 07:04PM
    #31125   2014/08/18 03:02PM
    3WishGenie

Seems like the Chelly scenes were tame. Thank goodness!

#31126   2014/08/18 03:56PM
    jamilah

Quote 3WishGenie: Seems like the Chelly scenes were tame. Thank goodness!

I saw the last 5mins of cdn show and as they were about to kiss,stitch called about Vicky. So they have chelly as the couple that wants each other but things keep getting in the way. I wont be watching much of Chelsea scenese since Billy is now her boss. He is taking over for Neil. I
    So now even work will have Billy there too. She is telling him to be with Vicky but that's not what she wants based on her actions.

#31127   2014/08/18 04:33PM
    cdhg

Quote jamilah:

I saw the last 5mins of cdn show and as they were about to kiss,stitch called about Vicky. So they have chelly as the couple that wants each other but things keep getting in the way. I wont be watching much of Chelsea scenese since Billy is now her boss. He is taking over for Neil. I
    So now even work will have Billy there too. She is telling him to be with Vicky but that's not what she wants based on her actions.

I know the recaps mentioned them joking, flirting, Billy asking Chelsea about the design business with her filling him in, Billy talking about raising Stitch's kid, Chelsea telling him about being with Victoria and mentioning Johnny, and Billy getting the phone call from Stitch. It is different, but similar, since Adam called Dylan last year after rushing Chelsea to the hospital.

Forbidden love/lust or something getting in the way. I guess they could give in on another occasion. That stuff sounds familiar.

Maybe that is a sign they should just not be together and perhaps it should be a sign to Chelly. One time it was Victoria coming along in CP with Billy later talking to the unborn baby and now Victoria is in the hospital with the pregnancy scare.

Billy being Chelsea's boss would be too much, IMO. Maybe Adam can swoop in at some point and become the boss. Maybe Chelsea can get away from Jabot and do her own thing away from Billy. Perhaps Neil can recover fairly quickly and be back at work at some point.

I am not saying Chelly should not have scenes together, but they have gotten a lot of scene time, spoilers, previews, etc. It seems their dialogue and scenes are fairly repetitive on various occasions from what I have seen and from what I have read in recaps.

I remember back when DT was in the role that Chelsea had Adam's Memorial on the May 14 US episode and on the May 15 US episode she had scenes with Jack and Sharon. I would have to really look to see if she has appeared in an episode since without at least a brief scene with Billy. I know that Billy appears in other episodes sometimes when Chelsea is not on.

As much as I like Chadam and their scenes together, I understand the need even when they are together as a couple for each one to have scenes and/or storylines with others too.

This is Shelly Altman's words regarding Chelsea leaving town as reported to be in SOD.

“It’s clear to Chelsea that Victoria still occupies a big place in Billy’s heart. Later, Chelsea informs Billy that she’s leaving town. Billy’s surprisingly disappointed to hear it. Chelsea’s seizing on a work opportunity to sort out her confusing feelings.”

#31128   2014/08/18 05:31PM
    3WishGenie

Quote jamilah:

Thanks for bursting my bubble LOL. I'm not watching this either. Chelsea doesn't get scenes with anybody else but him! It's overkill and it sucks. It certainly isn't going to make me want this couple. Did she have any reaction to when Billy said he couldn't raise Stitch's child? I'd find that a total turn off since Victoria loves Johnny as her own . I guess she thought that made him even more attractive if she was about to kiss him!

#31129   2014/08/18 06:35PM
    jamilah

Quote 3WishGenie:
    Quote jamilah:

Thanks for bursting my bubble LOL. I'm not watching this either. Chelsea doesn't get scenes with anybody else but him! It's overkill and it sucks. It certainly isn't going to make me want this couple. Did she have any reaction to when Billy said he couldn't raise Stitch's child? I'd find that a total turn off since Victoria loves Johnny as her own . I guess she thought that made him even more attractive if she was about to kiss him!

sorry to burst your bubble..lol I didn't bother wasting my time watching the rest of the show. Chelly being in every scene together is a turn off for me. Not even the real couples like Shick, Nicktor, Likey, Lane, Davery etc is not together all the time. I wouldn't even want Chadam in every scene together. They must be putting him in every scene with Chelsea so MCE fans are forced to watch him. That trick don't work for me just the opposite. I love Chelsea but unfortunately I can't take her scenes with Billy. He is playing with the heart of 2 vulnerable women and every word out of his mouth is a lie. I am sure he will have no problem being a father to Connor and he probably hate Adam more than Stitch. I am sure once Chelsea is back from her trip they will continue to have the same repetitive conversation and finally give in to their feelings for each other.

I am hanging on to see Shemar Moore and that new guy Joe. I am not even excited about Adam anymore. The wait is too long IMO that I don't even care anymore. Chadam is the first couple I ever shipped and it certainly will be the last. When they finally get their act together and get a NuAdam, hopefully they won't destroy Chadam like they did Villy.

#31130   2014/08/18 07:02PM
    jamilah

@TVGMLogan Posting Tomorrow! Big soap casting news. And I do mean big. @TVGuideMagazine

I hope this is for Adam but I doubt it. Its probably for Jason on GH since he is frozen.

« 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list