List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/30 08:08AM, Views: 1544045, Replies: 31725
    « 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 » »| page:
    #30741   2014/07/03 04:19PM
    Re: Chadam Fans (No Bash)
    3WishGenie

Quote jamilah: We knew the Chelly sex was coming so no surprise there. Chelsea getting her groove back will make her happy. Wish it was with Adam but thats not possible. I feel it for the Villy Fans watching their couple destroyed, we went through that last year and I fear the same will happen when Adam finally shows up again.

What Chadam has going for them is that they haven't rushed with a recast like they did Billy. Even though we are so restless waiting for news, it probably plays in Chadam's favour in the long run. They changed Billy's direction so many times in a short timespan we don't even know him anymore. Villy is totally screwed up because of it. AH and BJ who barely interact, their characters may be having a baby together. It doesn't even make sense. They might as well make the baby Stench's to secure him to the canvas and move Billy on. Except most Villy fans have been waiting for a NewBott baby for 5 years so the show cannot rip them off!

Anyways, when Adam does return, I think they have a far better chance of starting over. Hopefully when the Billy thing doesn't work out, a Newman with a new face will enter the picture for Chelsea and off we go.

#30742   2014/07/03 04:20PM
    cdhg

Quote jamilah: We knew the Chelly sex was coming so no surprise there. Chelsea getting her groove back will make her happy. Wish it was with Adam but thats not possible. I feel it for the Villy Fans watching their couple destroyed, we went through that last year and I fear the same will happen when Adam finally shows up again.

I think Chadam will reunite whether the obstacles happen early on upon his arrival or later, but I think they will be together later this year and in 2015. Their problems may been sooner in his arrival or later or both, but I think they will reunite. There may be bumps on the road along the way where they are separated for a while, but not divorced in 2014 and 2015. They need to at least have one Valentine's Day together and hopefully Connor's second birthday, if and/or not his first. They have yet to be a couple during any February to date. They had a good Thanksgiving last year, but I could use another one. I could also use a better Christmas episode for them than what they got in 2013.

I think it helps Chadam that Adam is already aware of Billy spending time with Chelsea and Connor and that Chelsea still wanted Adam despite the Delia stuff. Adam will have his issues with Chelsea regarding Chelly and them sleeping together and any other problems that result from her being with him or being on better terms with Victor, if that is still the case and Chelsea will have issues with him faking his death. I would not figure Victor would like Billy being around Chelsea due to Connor, but he has not been emphasized in her storyline lately. I think the problems and issues in the way actually give them stronger scenes to have and a stronger reunite. I know some viewers do tune out and/or turn away though after so much has happened with a couple and may not come back to supporting certain characters or couples.

Of course, Villy fans are not use to having to deal with as much so this is perhaps harder for them and perhaps would even be harder if BM was still in the role. I would imagine the difficulties last year regarding viewers support last year with Chadam being split apart if an Adam recast was on the show then.

I figure the writers wanted Adam back for Connor's first birthday assuming the first casting call back in March was for him and not a nuBilly and that the recent one reported by NB is accurate. Had they found an Adam, they may have sped things up with Chelly anyway, but recasting Billy again would seem to affect the dynamics of who the new Adam might be and the timing of bringing him on canvas. I guess they thought Billy needed to be recast first and DT's contract situation may have made them act when they did, but otherwise I wish they would have had Adam back and then would have recasted Billy.

Maybe I am too hopeful as I know the writing and dialogue has been pointing to Chelly of late, but my thinking is more down the road regarding Chadam.

#30743   2014/07/03 04:49PM
    cdhg

Quote 3WishGenie:

What Chadam has going for them is that they haven't rushed with a recast like they did Billy. Even though we are so restless waiting for news, it probably plays in Chadam's favour in the long run. They changed Billy's direction so many times in a short timespan we don't even know him anymore. Villy is totally screwed up because of it. AH and BJ who barely interact, their characters may be having a baby together. It doesn't even make sense. They might as well make the baby Stench's to secure him to the canvas and move Billy on. Except most Villy fans have been waiting for a NewBott baby for 5 years so the show cannot rip them off!

Anyways, when Adam does return, I think they have a far better chance of starting over. Hopefully when the Billy thing doesn't work out, a Newman with a new face will enter the picture for Chelsea and off we go.

Good post.

You make great points about them taking more time to recast Adam and that playing more in the favor of Chadam starting over and being better for them in the long run. If we get an Adam who is even a little younger than MM, I think that helps more as well, but either way it could still work. Also, Chadam has not been a couple as long as Villy and have been apart now more than they have been together. A new face story allows for a build to the audience as well. Sometimes coming into a story with angst like the nunuBilly can be hard for viewers to adjust. Perhaps, it would have been better to have had Billy off canvas for a while before the recast was first done for BM with them taking more time. It would not have hurt to have done that during the second recast attempt. Even for those that like Chelly some are not on board with them now, but some have gotten on board who were not on board previously. They were affected Still, they fall short in support in comparison with Chadam in the past. I thought it was funny in the poll on the website that around 80% of viewers were against them being a couple with the support only being the low digit teens when that poll was down while DT was still in the role although BJ had already been announced as a recast.

I think they went with the older Billy to help with the dynamics of Villy in the longer term and give them powerful stuff down the road and also the dynamics of him regarding scenes and feuds with Stitch, Victor, and Adam. They also may have thought it made Chelly look more romantic and thus play better into an Adam/Billy feud and triangle. Still, it changes Billy as BM could work well with the younger and older characters.

I think with Villy what a lot of their fans miss is that goofy fun loving side that Billy and Victoria had either each other with BM in the role. Sometimes, I liked that stuff and other times I did not, but I can see where fans might have issues with Billy being more mature and not as playful, if that remains the case. Others, may now support them though, if they do come across as more mature but still with good romantic and loving chemistry.

Perhaps, it would help Villy if they had them have at least a few moments where that playful and loving side comes out or where they give in to each other romantically in the near future, while not reuniting later due to what will have transpired between Billy and Chelsea among other things. It would show to the viewers a different side of the new Villy. I understand them further pulling them apart for a while to give viewers time to adjust to them and the nunuBilly along with giving them powerful stuff down the road in their reunion path.

At least the one I watch with thought BJ looked better with AH than MCE in watching the first scenes.

I hope that Stitch is not secured to the canvas that way regarding the baby and if he sticks around maybe Ashley or someone else can be there for his wounds.

Here is to hoping that we get a Chadam that has great love, romantic, flirty, family, and fighting chemistry as those various facets are needed for Chadam. As with any couple, people will tire of Chelly and Sticky and find them boring after a while and thus things change. I know some like new couples for a while as that is something new and different.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/07/03 04:57PM
    #30744   2014/07/03 05:26PM
    cdhg

In thinking about Villy some more, if the child was made to be Stitch's then I agree that it definitely betrays the Villy fans who have long wanted them to have that bio child although with BM preferably being the Billy. That being said BM could possibly return some day, so Villy being further messed up be not having a child would probably not be in the best interest for the show from a writing perspective and for future stories and interactions. With that being said, this new Villy may work out well in its own right regarding being a couple, family, and their dynamics with other characters.

Perhaps they would have been better off to have signed BM to some sort of deal where he had outs but had to give them ample time or something and some kind of compromise could have been reached. I understand them not giving him outs for projects as it allowed for some awkward stories in the past due to him being gone for a while and could be issues for various stories and contract situations with other actors and actresses. Contract issues were a sticking point in the past. Still, perhaps they could have worked out something where he would have been recast when then time arose where he chose to leave and thus fans may have accepted it better.

Here is to hoping that do it well with the recast Adam and do not have to make a change soon after and that the new Chadam have that passion.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/07/03 05:27PM
    #30745   2014/07/03 05:43PM
    ericlizafan

I knew it was only a matter of time before Chelly slept together, but a part of me was hoping that it wouldn't happen. Chelsea is falling for Billy, but I think he views her as just a friend. I think Villy will end up back together at some point down the road, and Adam will return eventually.

#30746   2014/07/03 07:12PM
    TwoOfEach

I'm going to wait and see with all the Chelly stuff. Chelsea thinks Adam is dead so I don't fault her. Her heart is only available because she thinks Adam is gone. His return will reopen all those feelings again.
    Billy claims to want his marriage but he's always seeking Chelsea out even though it bugs Victoria. Chelsea tries to tell him about Stitch but he doesn't want to hear it and chooses to stick around for fireworks. He sleeps with Chelsea.

If Victoria becomes available will he pursue her? Of course. Just like Chelsea would drop Billy in a heartbeat if Adam showed up tomorrow.

#30747   2014/07/04 09:52AM
    3WishGenie

JFP & co is still calling it a triangle so I'm guessing Chelsea is merely a piece on the side for Billy and when Ashley returns she'll be the piece on the side for Stitch.

#30748   2014/07/06 07:46AM
    3WishGenie

Hurry Adam and come get your wife back!

#30749   2014/07/06 09:48AM
    jamilah

Quote 3WishGenie: Hurry Adam and come get your wife back!

I know "The Hand" needs a face soon. Now that they are moving ahead with Chelly hopefully he is not too far away.

#30750   2014/07/06 03:17PM
    cdhg

It is disappointing from my Chadam fan perspective that they actually gave Chelly a good love scene and build up to that with the massage and dialogue. They gave them stuff that I wanted to see them give Chadam and also did well with the camera work. Then they give Chelly an actual romantic song during the scene. The nuChelly gets this stuff in their sixth episode and it appears they get romantic/intimate stuff from a promo I viewed of Chelly in the afterglow at the PH and at the Abbott mansion with Chelsea wearing a red dress. It looks like the writers are going all out to sell the pairing and get support for them and I wish they would have given more concentration to Chadam in the past. With that being said, it seems that they stopped doing a lot of that stuff with MM even going back to later MAB days and especially during the JFP days. They have amped things up of late and it appears they are going with the sexual stuff and triangles for July sweeps and then throw in the roof top pool stuff. Meanwhile, they have Adam looking all mopey and throwing temper tantrums with the hand stuff. Did he actually take off the ring, as I did read a tweet about how he starts taking off the ring after seeing Chelsea starting to massage him in the nursery before they left the nursery? I only have watched the massage on the couch and love scene part. It is a little disappointing if that is happening as it seems the writers signal a marriage ending when that happens. Villy still have their rings on and did throughout last year when having problems where Chadam took their off, divorced, and remarried later. That being said, Villy look pretty bad having sex with others while wearing their wedding rings. Hopefully, Adam would put the ring back on during private moments later after arriving back and warming back up to Chelsea. I could see him not wearing it in the sense as that would not work well in trying to woo a woman since otherwise Chelsea would be involved with two married men in her mind. She might realize with Billy that it is too complicated with him.

I had read a comment on another board that someone said that JFP mentioned there was going be more focus on couples and bedrooms, so recently we have Chelly and Sticky having love scenes on floors, so I do wonder if there is any connection to that and these two couples not being their main objective couples. The poster on another board brought up that notion about couples recently not having love scenes in the bedroom. Someone else would have to confirm if JFP said that and before all I know we may be seeing Chelly in a bedroom at the Abbott mansion next week, so that may not mean anything. Plus, I would like Chadam getting anything and different things whether it is the couch, floor, shower, tub, bedroom, etc. The last Chadam and Villy love scenes were in bedrooms.

On other matters, I am disappointed that Chadam only got a brief reunion and did not get a run as a nuChadam and having to deal with more angst than they would have already had without Chelly being romantic. I want the writers to sell the love, commitment, and deeply attached stuff more in the writing and scenes as it pertains to Chadam.

Adam's shenanigans are backfiring. His faking his death led to Chelsea being vulnerable after Chelly started interacting. Now, the nanny cams have served the plot point of Billy reaching to find out where the buzzing in coming from and pulling a muscle leading to Chelsea massaging him and the sex. I am thinking Adam observing this may serve the plot point of him also lying about his identity when reappearing in Genoa City.

One of my guesses has Adam coming back with the new face and identity while being focused on Connor as his priority starts pursuing Chelsea. There might even be a little parallel since Stitch's past is being used in the storyline and I can see Adam doing a better job of having an actual history created for his identity. In thinking about him pursuing Chelsea, what other way is he going to get close to Connor if he does not do that? Sure, I could name some ways, but the one I am thinking of seems to be more of the approach I can see being used. Adam is facing different charges, so he perhaps would have a wall up with Chelsea as he is pursuing her but eventually the wall starts crumbling with the suppressed feelings resurfacing but her eventually finding out who he is and what he was up to. Then the fireworks would happen from there, but he would have already won Chelsea back at the point with my guess on the matter, but it would be up to how Chadam deal with the mess and where things proceed from there. It might be interesting if Chelsea figuring things out and played a long for a while and thus the two cons reconnect with each other and as a family in the midst of their conning efforts. Maybe, they can start conning others from there.

Hopefully, the writers are still invested in Chadam and committed to them as a core loving couple and show this in the writing in the future. I have some confidence but am starting to lose confidence and patience. I know they will need fighting chemistry, but they need the loving chemistry in terms of intimate passion and other scenes involving them as a family and going through things. Hopefully, they will get a recast soon, but it is taking a long time. The actual recast may tell us a lot about the future. I hope they get someone who is younger or at least looking younger than the current Billy.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/07/06 03:24PM
    « 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list