List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/19 04:02PM, Views: 1365714, Replies: 30086
    « 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 2958 2959 » »| page:
    #29531   2014/02/18 01:08PM
    Re: Chadam Fans (No Bash)
    Axl Rose

Dylan Bruce would be the best choice as far as a recast Adam goes and Dylan Bruce as Adam he would have definite chemistry with MCE and not to mention he can more than hold his own because Dylan Bruce can sure act but also he would be able to hold his own with PB, EB, AH, JM, MTS, etc.

#29532   2014/02/18 03:31PM
    cdhg

Quote Laduree:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote Axl Rose:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote Axl Rose: Well at least we have to wait until summer until Adam returns but I wonder who will be the Adam recast

I know there are names that I am not familiar with or no about who might make a great recast. Whether the person is well known or not, does not make much difference to me as long as the person does well with the role. As far as some of the people who I have thought about. I think the recast needs to be younger and not older than MM.

Tom Pelphrey: He is young at 31, but IMO he is a great actor who does intense and emotional scenes well. Some might question if he is too young and how he might come across in scenes with certain ones, but I think he would have good chemistry with MCE and do well in scenes with Victor. I think the recast Adam being younger than MM, would be a good thing. The character of Adam is supposed to be younger than MM's real life age anyway. The 20s and early 30s crowd on Y&R is not that great IMO. I think TP and MCE could be dynamic with both being in the early 30s and doing well with Chadam. However, TP is an east coast guy having appeared on east coast soaps along with some Broadway and some movies. He may not want to return to daytime.

Jay Kenneth Johnson: I think he could do well in the role having played a similar character on DOOL. I think he is a strong actor. He is 36.

Josh Henderson: I do not think this is likely at all with him being in primetime on the new Dallas, but I think he would do well with the role. Even if Dallas was not extended past this year, he may be committed to the primetime and other things. He is 32.

Brandon Barash: I think he might could make a good Adam, but I am not sure. I cannot tell much on the acting clips I have seen. I am currently not sold on him, but am open minded to him. He is 34.

Jason-Shane Scott: He looks similar to MM. He was on OLTL when JFP was there. I think he might could make a good Adam, but I am not sure based on the clips I have seen. He is 37.

Trevor St. John. His name gets mentioned a lot and from an acting standpoint, I figure he would make a good Adam. He is 42 and IMO is a little too old for the role.

There are a few others who I have thought of or have seen names mentioned regarding the role. None of the names above may even be in the running or seeking the role. I say go for the better actor vs. the one who looks like MM but is not as strong of an actor, but if the looks are similar with great acting skills then fine.

Jason Shane Scott would be my pick as an Adam re-cast

I think Jason-Shane Scott could possibly do the role well.

Right now, my top pick would probably be Tom Pelphrey. Of course, this could change at any moment for me and there might be better options out there with which I would be unaware. Co-Head Writer JP would be familiar with TP since she was writing for ATWT when TP was on the show.

I like others too like Jay Kenneth Johnson and Josh Henderson too. Henderson plays a similar role to Adam playing John Ross Ewing on the new Dallas.

There are some people on Tom Pelphrey's Facebook expressing support for him being the next Adam.

https://www.facebook.com/tom.pelphrey

It's hard to envision any other actor in the role, but Tom Pelphrey would be at the bottom of my list. I'm not a fan of his looks and I really can't see him as a businessman. Biker, yes.

I try to visual Tom Pelphrey more with the cleaner shaven neater hairstyle look as some of this is shown in some of his pictures. The businessman is different from his two main soap roles which were more of the wrong side of the tracks/biker style of character. I do think he is a strong actor.

It appears that Josh Henderson plays a very different role on Dallas than what he did on Desperate Housewives and does well with the character John Ross. I was really mentioning him as someone I think could do the role well, and not as someone who I think would be considering the role given the obvious primetime background and status regarding gigs.

Of course, there could be the ideal person out there that we just are not familiar with, haven't thought of, or just have limited familiarity with.

#29533   2014/02/18 05:59PM
    cdhg

I liked the Chelsea/Kevin scenes and Chelsea/Kevin/Victor scenes in the Canadian. I am glad that Kevin told Chelsea things that Chloe had been doing regarding being too attached to Connor and that Chelsea was not trusting of Chloe's intentions. Chelsea asked Kevin if the things involving Adam might have set her off in regards to what was already an unhealthy obsession. Chelsea and Victor had some good fiery back and forth stuff. Kevin was not really in their league when things got fiery IMO. I am glad Chelsea showed an unwillingness to trust Victor at first along with bringing up the stuff about blackmailing Adam. Victor got to Chelsea when he said, "You know what pain it is to lose your child" after he told her that she might not see her son again/get him back if she did not let him help her. Chelsea could see the pain and hurt in Victor at the moment IMO over having lost Adam. Of course, Chelsea could feel that same hurt over Adam and with Connor being missing.

Later on in the episode, Chelsea said a mouthful when she said that the problem is that Chloe loves Connor too much in response to Kevin telling Victor that Chloe would not hurt Connor. Overall, Victor remained steady and rational during the situation and said wise things. Victor asking Chloe where she kept her passports was smart and should lead to them getting off on the right trail early.

Chloe is in a right enough mind to know the baby's name is Connor and not Delia and that the child is a boy.

I think this story will not pick up until possibly Thursday's Canadian/Friday's US or Friday's Canadian/Monday's US. I could be wrong. I like watching MCE/Chelsea, but does make nine straight episode appearances.

#29534   2014/02/18 06:15PM
    cdhg

The new CBS SID has info about the Connor kidnapping story. Kevin tracks Chloe's cell phone to Paris and Victor offers a jet and insists on coming. They arrive as Chelsea and Connor were about to leave the country. Chloe refuses to give up Connor and tells Chelsea she doesn't deserve to be a mother after what she allowed Adam to do. Kevin ends up getting through to Chloe.

MCE and EH do not see the Chelsea and Chloe friendship surviving this ordeal with there being no truth between them anymore between Adam, Connor, and Delia. They warn that Chloe needs to brace herself because she will pay for her trip to Paris one way or the other.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/18 06:16PM
    #29535   2014/02/18 06:21PM
    Ari1

Quote jamilah: I hope Chelsea gets to be angry with Chloe for taking Connor. Is Chelsea getting bad karma? Her worse fears have come true. Chloe takes Connor away with the intention to cut Chelsea out of his life. Chelsea is trusting the wrong people and that needs to change. I know she is feeling alot of guilt because of Delia but she needs to get over that and do whats best for herself and Connor.

In real life, Chloe would be facing major jail time. If you kidnap a kid and take him across state lines, much less to another country, you'd be facing federal charges. A parent can't take a his own kid to another state or country without the other parent's permission, much less a non relative. I'm sure the writers will have Chelsea not press charges and let Chloe get off. Again in real life the Feds would still press charges whether the victim wants to or not. A crime is a crime. Just bc you don't want to testify against the offending party doesn't mean the Feds won't continue with the case. But I'm sure the writers will ignore this point in law. It's all probably just a plot point to get Chelsea to move in with Victor. Since we know that anyone can get past the Newman security, I don't know why we'd think Chelsea and Conner would be safe at the Newman ranch. This is the kind of lazy writing that I find insulting. We all expect no one ever really dies on soaps or paternity tests get switched. But we don't suspend our belief to the point where people can use other's passports or get away with kidnapping. It's just too ridiculous. In the whole Chadam story, we've had to accept that a war vet doesn't know how long a woman is pregnant. We've had to accept you can hit a 7 year old child and not know it. It just never ends.

#29536   2014/02/18 06:35PM
    villyforever55

Strange, I took my 12 year old niece to the Bahamas from Memphis, went through customs using our birth certificates and no one questioned me at all, even though we have different last names. Were they supposed to?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/18 06:36PM
    #29537   2014/02/18 06:42PM
    Ari1

In any criminal case, the charges don't get just dropped bc the victim refuses to testify. It happens all the time in abuse cases or rape cases or kidnaping cases. The victim gets intimidated or feels guilty so he/she won't pursue the case, but the prosecutor will if there is evidence. That's why it's the state against the defendant or the government against the defendant and not Jane Doe against the defendant. Plus Chloe broke fraud laws and probably terrorist laws by using a false passport. She would face major jail time just for that even if kidnapping chargers weren't pursued. But I guess we should forget about this. Smh.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/18 06:45PM
    #29538   2014/02/18 06:48PM
    Ari1

Quote villyforever55: Strange, I took my 12 year old niece to the Bahamas from Memphis, went through customs using our birth certificates and no one questioned me at all, even though we have different last names. Were they supposed to?

I guess you weren't using false identities or taking your niece without her parent's permission bc that would be a crime.

#29539   2014/02/18 06:49PM
    Axl Rose

Even if Chloe doesn't want to file charges against Chloe I am sure Victor he is going to want to press charges for Chloe kidnapping his grandson Connor hell Victor will probably want to push for a restraining order and I can't say that I would blame Victor either

#29540   2014/02/18 06:57PM
    cdhg

Quote Ari1:
    Quote jamilah: I hope Chelsea gets to be angry with Chloe for taking Connor. Is Chelsea getting bad karma? Her worse fears have come true. Chloe takes Connor away with the intention to cut Chelsea out of his life. Chelsea is trusting the wrong people and that needs to change. I know she is feeling alot of guilt because of Delia but she needs to get over that and do whats best for herself and Connor.

In real life, Chloe would be facing major jail time. If you kidnap a kid and take him across state lines, much less to another country, you'd be facing federal charges. A parent can't take a his own kid to another state or country without the other parent's permission, much less a non relative. I'm sure the writers will have Chelsea not press charges and let Chloe get off. Again in real life the Feds would still press charges whether the victim wants to or not. A crime is a crime. Just bc you don't want to testify against the offending party doesn't mean the Feds won't continue with the case. But I'm sure the writers will ignore this point in law. It's all probably just a plot point to get Chelsea to move in with Victor. Since we know that anyone can get past the Newman security, I don't know why we'd think Chelsea and Conner would be safe at the Newman ranch. This is the kind of lazy writing that I find insulting. We all expect no one ever really dies on soaps or paternity tests get switched. But we don't suspend our belief to the point where people can use other's passports or get away with kidnapping. It's just too ridiculous. In the whole Chadam story, we've had to accept that a war vet doesn't know how long a woman is pregnant. We've had to accept you can hit a 7 year old child and not know it. It just never ends.

I mentioned on another board that sometimes characters are either not taken far enough or given just punishment or scorn for their actions regardless of whether that includes jail time or not. Some examples that I would include are Nick, Billy, and Chloe, but we will still have to wait and see how things play out regarding her. I did not think that Dylan was taken dark enough despite the mention of him going darker. The main evidence of him getting darker was mainly from SB's skin being tan from a tanning bed and/or the sun. Instead, we had a few episodes of him expressing anger and breaking down, but nothing really showing another side.

I could actually feel for certain characters more like Chloe and Billy if they get scorn from others and punishment for their actions. While I support Chelsea and Victor going off on Chloe, at least I would not be as disliking of the character for getting off too easy, if they go easy on Chloe in the aftermath or she doesn't receive much punishment. I expect she will get treatment somewhere like Fairview. I could have felt more for Dylan had he went darker.

Even Chelsea wasn't treated in a negative way for the paternity lie. Adam has, of course, received the ill treatment, although that hasn't necessarily involved jail time in most cases in the past.

You are right about this being a serious criminal offense and the consequences involved due to the nature of crossing countries and such.

« 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 2958 2959 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list