List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/22 04:54PM, Views: 1536007, Replies: 31619
    « 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 2958 » »| page:
    #29521   2014/02/17 06:38PM
    Re: Chadam Fans (No Bash)
    hvmissy

Love Adam Chelsea together bring romance storyline
    Love them, as a super couple in Genoa city, but
    Later on love to see Adam bk in a Paris storyline & being a family
    w out Billy &Victor, please thanks'

#29522   2014/02/17 06:40PM
    Axl Rose

Quote cdhg:
    Quote Axl Rose: Jay Kenneth Johnson I even suggested that a while back, that he would be perfect in the role of Adam Newman

I remember you as the one who brought Jay Kenneth Johnson's name up. I know you brought up Dylan Bruce's name recently as well. I do not know much about him but I have seen a few acting clips and have watched Flowers in the Attic. He might could be a good fit as well.

I know that CBS SID brought up TP and TSJ, along with Austin Peck, Paul Anthony Stewart, Josh Kelly and Jordan Woolley as six they thought would make good choice. I would say not to PAS. He is too old IMO. I think Austin Peck is as well. I do not really see Josh Kelly as the right fit for the role. I cannot really tell about Jordan Woolley, but I would say possibly on him.

I saw someone on twitter weeks back bring up the name of Rick Hearst. He is 10-15 years past the necessary age. The guy is 49 years old. Even though not quite as old, I see Cameron Mathison as being too old and not the right fit either.

She has not posted in a while but Harlequin brought up the name of Peter Mooney who plays on the primetime series Rookie Blue. He is in primetime though, but I think he could make a good Adam. He is young at age 30.

But Dylan Bruce he would be perfect as Adam

#29523   2014/02/17 06:58PM
    Ari1

Quote cdhg:
    Quote Axl Rose:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote Axl Rose: Well at least we have to wait until summer until Adam returns but I wonder who will be the Adam recast

I know there are names that I am not familiar with or no about who might make a great recast. Whether the person is well known or not, does not make much difference to me as long as the person does well with the role. As far as some of the people who I have thought about. I think the recast needs to be younger and not older than MM.

Tom Pelphrey: He is young at 31, but IMO he is a great actor who does intense and emotional scenes well. Some might question if he is too young and how he might come across in scenes with certain ones, but I think he would have good chemistry with MCE and do well in scenes with Victor. I think the recast Adam being younger than MM, would be a good thing. The character of Adam is supposed to be younger than MM's real life age anyway. The 20s and early 30s crowd on Y&R is not that great IMO. I think TP and MCE could be dynamic with both being in the early 30s and doing well with Chadam. However, TP is an east coast guy having appeared on east coast soaps along with some Broadway and some movies. He may not want to return to daytime.

Jay Kenneth Johnson: I think he could do well in the role having played a similar character on DOOL. I think he is a strong actor. He is 36.

Josh Henderson: I do not think this is likely at all with him being in primetime on the new Dallas, but I think he would do well with the role. Even if Dallas was not extended past this year, he may be committed to the primetime and other things. He is 32.

Brandon Barash: I think he might could make a good Adam, but I am not sure. I cannot tell much on the acting clips I have seen. I am currently not sold on him, but am open minded to him. He is 34.

Jason-Shane Scott: He looks similar to MM. He was on OLTL when JFP was there. I think he might could make a good Adam, but I am not sure based on the clips I have seen. He is 37.

Trevor St. John. His name gets mentioned a lot and from an acting standpoint, I figure he would make a good Adam. He is 42 and IMO is a little too old for the role.

There are a few others who I have thought of or have seen names mentioned regarding the role. None of the names above may even be in the running or seeking the role. I say go for the better actor vs. the one who looks like MM but is not as strong of an actor, but if the looks are similar with great acting skills then fine.

Jason Shane Scott would be my pick as an Adam re-cast

I think Jason-Shane Scott could possibly do the role well.

Right now, my top pick would probably be Tom Pelphrey. Of course, this could change at any moment for me and there might be better options out there with which I would be unaware. Co-Head Writer JP would be familiar with TP since she was writing for ATWT when TP was on the show.

I like others too like Jay Kenneth Johnson and Josh Henderson too. Henderson plays a similar role to Adam playing John Ross Ewing on the new Dallas.

There are some people on Tom Pelphrey's Facebook expressing support for him being the next Adam.

https://www.facebook.com/tom.pelphrey

I'm not watching and haven't since MM's last day. I hated how there was so much buildup for Chadam with all the parallel dates, their first baby, etc., and then they were like together for two minutes. I really feel cheated and feel like I wasted a year of my life. (Ok, that's probably an exaggeration but it still p!sses me off.)

That being said, I used to watch GL when Tom Pelphrey was on. He was so despicable when he first came on much like Adam. I remember thinking why would they make a character go that far bc he can never come back from there. ( They had his character commit incest with his cousin for revenge against his mom. Yuck!) But he totally grew on me. In fact, he became my favorite character. He plays the tortured soul so well. He is not as handsome as MM, but he might be the only actor who could get me watching again. His acting was that good. He won 2 Emmys and was nominated for more. I would equate him and MM's acting skills.

So far I have zero interest in watching everyone slam Adam or Chloe and Chelsea or Victor and Chelsea. I was never entertained by Chloe and Chelsea's friendship. I found then annoying. I hate Victor so I would rather not watch Chelsea bond with the man who tortured her husband. I don't think the writing has has been good I find it deplorable. Now we are supposed to believe Chloe could leave the country with Conner bc she has the same hair color as Chelsea. Smh. I hate being insulted like we all were last year with the Chylan story. Now we are supposed to believe Adam "killed" Delia. I know when I hit a speed bump much less a 7 year old child. To me, the only thing that's been saving these moronic stories is the incredible acting by some. I guess I just need a reason to watch again. Tom Pelphrey might make me do it. We will see.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/17 07:03PM
    #29524   2014/02/17 08:07PM
    cdhg

Quote Ari1:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote Axl Rose:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote Axl Rose: Well at least we have to wait until summer until Adam returns but I wonder who will be the Adam recast

I know there are names that I am not familiar with or no about who might make a great recast. Whether the person is well known or not, does not make much difference to me as long as the person does well with the role. As far as some of the people who I have thought about. I think the recast needs to be younger and not older than MM.

Tom Pelphrey: He is young at 31, but IMO he is a great actor who does intense and emotional scenes well. Some might question if he is too young and how he might come across in scenes with certain ones, but I think he would have good chemistry with MCE and do well in scenes with Victor. I think the recast Adam being younger than MM, would be a good thing. The character of Adam is supposed to be younger than MM's real life age anyway. The 20s and early 30s crowd on Y&R is not that great IMO. I think TP and MCE could be dynamic with both being in the early 30s and doing well with Chadam. However, TP is an east coast guy having appeared on east coast soaps along with some Broadway and some movies. He may not want to return to daytime.

Jay Kenneth Johnson: I think he could do well in the role having played a similar character on DOOL. I think he is a strong actor. He is 36.

Josh Henderson: I do not think this is likely at all with him being in primetime on the new Dallas, but I think he would do well with the role. Even if Dallas was not extended past this year, he may be committed to the primetime and other things. He is 32.

Brandon Barash: I think he might could make a good Adam, but I am not sure. I cannot tell much on the acting clips I have seen. I am currently not sold on him, but am open minded to him. He is 34.

Jason-Shane Scott: He looks similar to MM. He was on OLTL when JFP was there. I think he might could make a good Adam, but I am not sure based on the clips I have seen. He is 37.

Trevor St. John. His name gets mentioned a lot and from an acting standpoint, I figure he would make a good Adam. He is 42 and IMO is a little too old for the role.

There are a few others who I have thought of or have seen names mentioned regarding the role. None of the names above may even be in the running or seeking the role. I say go for the better actor vs. the one who looks like MM but is not as strong of an actor, but if the looks are similar with great acting skills then fine.

Right now, my top pick would probably be Tom Pelphrey. Of course, this could change at any moment for me and there might be better options out there with which I would be unaware. Co-Head Writer JP would be familiar with TP since she was writing for ATWT when TP was on the show.

I like others too like Jay Kenneth Johnson and Josh Henderson too. Henderson plays a similar role to Adam playing John Ross Ewing on the new Dallas.

There are some people on Tom Pelphrey's Facebook expressing support for him being the next Adam.

I'm not watching and haven't since MM's last day. I hated how there was so much buildup for Chadam with all the parallel dates, their first baby, etc., and then they were like together for two minutes. I really feel cheated and feel like I wasted a year of my life. (Ok, that's probably an exaggeration but it still p!sses me off.)

That being said, I used to watch GL when Tom Pelphrey was on. He was so despicable when he first came on much like Adam. I remember thinking why would they make a character go that far bc he can never come back from there. ( They had his character commit incest with his cousin for revenge against his mom. Yuck!) But he totally grew on me. In fact, he became my favorite character. He plays the tortured soul so well. He is not as handsome as MM, but he might be the only actor who could get me watching again. His acting was that good. He won 2 Emmys and was nominated for more. I would equate him and MM's acting skills.

So far I have zero interest in watching everyone slam Adam or Chloe and Chelsea or Victor and Chelsea. I was never entertained by Chloe and Chelsea's friendship. I found then annoying. I hate Victor so I would rather not watch Chelsea bond with the man who tortured her husband. I don't think the writing has has been good I find it deplorable. Now we are supposed to believe Chloe could leave the country with Conner bc she has the same hair color as Chelsea. Smh. I hate being insulted like we all were last year with the Chylan story. Now we are supposed to believe Adam "killed" Delia. I know when I hit a speed bump much less a 7 year old child. To me, the only thing that's been saving these moronic stories is the incredible acting by some. I guess I just need a reason to watch again. Tom Pelphrey might make me do it. We will see.

Ari, thanks for the feedback on Tom Pelphrey. I had thought about asking you about him previously. I knew you had watched ATWT and that TP had a brief run there. I guess I had forgotten that you previously watched GL as well and that of course is where TP had his longer run playing the character of Jonathan Randall.

I get what you are saying about the build up, the parallel dates, first baby, etc. We did take some time to analyze and figure out possible directions. Adam is still a big part of the show and different stories even while absent. I do miss the character being on canvas (which includes the actor, MM) even without knowing who the new recast Adam will be. I have been liking the show okay, but Adam is needed on the show from my perspective and that might become even more evident too much as more time passes.

In thinking about the writing and stories going on now vs. the past, I guess I am thinking that things have been wacky in the past and are still that way now, but perhaps we notice it more as we pay more attention and analyze. I know that stuff is used continually for soaps and different shows taking away from some of the realism, while being used for drama, plots, and/or entertainment even if not coming across that way to the viewer. That being said, you bring up valid points in that regard.

In getting back to Tom Pelphrey, I know of a few posters who have him either as their top choice, second choice, or third choice for Adam. While I have not visited the different boards, in googling Tom Pelphrey as a recast Adam Newman, I have noticed a number of comments and discussion threads coming up about Tom Pelphrey as Adam Newman.

I have watched a few acting clips with him and have liked what I have viewed. I do not know if would return to daytime soaps, but it might be a big role like Adam Newman on the number one rated and viewer daytime soap that could bring him back, if possible. Besides being an intense actor, I have heard that he is good with babies as well. Another poster has expressed their thoughts that TP and MCE would have good/great chemistry.

#29525   2014/02/18 04:47AM
    Axl Rose

Either Jason Shane Scott or Dylan Bruce would be perfect as the nu-Adam, as a re-cast for Adam and why? Because both of them have the look and the build of Adam and either one of them would have chemistry with MCE but also would be able to hold their own with the likes of EB (Victor), AH (Victoria), JM (Nick), PB (Jack), DT (Billy), etc.

#29526   2014/02/18 07:18AM
    Axl Rose

Good morning Chadam fans let's bump our couple up to where they belong

#29527   2014/02/18 10:49AM
    Axl Rose

Quote Axl Rose: Either Jason Shane Scott or Dylan Bruce would be perfect as the nu-Adam, as a re-cast for Adam and why? Because both of them have the look and the build of Adam and either one of them would have chemistry with MCE but also would be able to hold their own with the likes of EB (Victor), AH (Victoria), JM (Nick), PB (Jack), DT (Billy), etc.

#29528   2014/02/18 11:54AM
    jamilah

I hope Chelsea gets to be angry with Chloe for taking Connor. Is Chelsea getting bad karma? Her worse fears have come true. Chloe takes Connor away with the intention to cut Chelsea out of his life. Chelsea is trusting the wrong people and that needs to change. I know she is feeling alot of guilt because of Delia but she needs to get over that and do whats best for herself and Connor.

#29529   2014/02/18 12:13PM
    Laduree

Quote cdhg:
    Quote Axl Rose:
    Quote cdhg:

It's hard to envision any other actor in the role, but Tom Pelphrey would be at the bottom of my list. I'm not a fan of his looks and I really can't see him as a businessman. Biker, yes.

#29530   2014/02/18 12:14PM
    Laduree

Quote cdhg:
    Quote Axl Rose:
    Quote cdhg:

Also, Josh Henderson is pretty tied up with Dallas so that's probably a non-starter. I would adore him as Adam though! I could definitely see it.

« 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 2958 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list