List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/22 04:54PM, Views: 1535939, Replies: 31619
    « 2947 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 » »| page:
    #29511   2014/02/17 05:28PM
    Re: Chadam Fans (No Bash)
    cdhg

As I was thinking about Adam's possible return in July, I was thinking about the stories happening in regards to sweeps periods.

For February sweeps we have the aftermath of the Adam/Billy accident with what is thought to be the truth among GC resides being out in the open regarding Adam. We also have the Ian Ward story and those in that orbit along with the return of Colin and a Cassie look-a-like roaming around. Some of the dramatic events including the Billy/Adam car accident, Chelsea and others learning about the Delia accident and the Billy/Adam accident, the hostage crisis at the gala, the kidnapping of Connor, Victoria learning about Billy sleeping with Kelly, and what appears to be Nick and Dylan teaming up soon.

If Sharon's secret about Summer does not come out during February sweeps, I can see the secret lasting until May or close to then for May sweeps with the secret or aftermath of it coming out during that time. I could see a possible recast Phyllis return as well, but that would need to happen quickly regarding having someone in place. The Cassie look-a-like may keep appearing as well. May is the anniversary of Cassie's death, so the secret coming out then makes sense which would parallel things from the previous year.

That gets us into July sweeps for the possible Adam return. That makes sense as viewers would tune in to see what they think of the new Adam. If Adam returned before then, I could see it being somewhere besides GC or maybe that even being the case in July. That still provides time to be back for Connor's first birthday and to spend that with Chelsea and Connor in some fashion.

Those were some thoughts I had about how certain things might be spread out over the sweeps periods.

#29512   2014/02/17 05:33PM
    cdhg

MCE will have made nine straight episode appearances by the end of Wednesday's US episode/Tuesday's Canadian. That would be a record for consecutive appearances for MCE/Chelsea on Y&R. Last week was the first week in US episodes that she appeared in ever episode for the week since being on Y&R. She may end up leading in episode appearances for the month. She will be right up there near the top at least. I know EB, DT, and EB have appeared a lot for the month as well. By the end of this Wednesday's US episode when counting episodes in US episodes, MCE will have appeared in 11 of the 13 episodes for the month by that point.

There was definitely no backburner for MCE/Chelsea in February. She has been on the frontburner for February sweeps and appears to still be that way in March considering we know she is filming scenes with EB and the man who plays the homeless guy. Plus, there will the aftermath of the Connor kidnapping.

Tuesday's Canadian/Wednesday's US episode previews has Victor saying to Chelsea at the PH, "What does Chloe have to do with this" with Chelsea replying, "She took Connor and left and I do not know where they are." So there will be Chelsea and Victor scenes in that episode.

#29513   2014/02/17 05:43PM
    TwoOfEach

I'm suspicious that nuAdam has already been cast. The accident witness is appearing again in the next 4-6 weeks with Victor and Chelsea.It might turn out to be a dead end, but they are looking together for a reason.

It wouldn't surprise me if nuAdam showed up in late April for the beginning of sweeps and nuPhyllis sometime in mid May.

#29514   2014/02/17 05:59PM
    Axl Rose

Quote cdhg:
    Quote Axl Rose: Well at least we have to wait until summer until Adam returns but I wonder who will be the Adam recast

I know there are names that I am not familiar with or no about who might make a great recast. Whether the person is well known or not, does not make much difference to me as long as the person does well with the role. As far as some of the people who I have thought about. I think the recast needs to be younger and not older than MM.

Tom Pelphrey: He is young at 31, but IMO he is a great actor who does intense and emotional scenes well. Some might question if he is too young and how he might come across in scenes with certain ones, but I think he would have good chemistry with MCE and do well in scenes with Victor. I think the recast Adam being younger than MM, would be a good thing. The character of Adam is supposed to be younger than MM's real life age anyway. The 20s and early 30s crowd on Y&R is not that great IMO. I think TP and MCE could be dynamic with both being in the early 30s and doing well with Chadam. However, TP is an east coast guy having appeared on east coast soaps along with some Broadway and some movies. He may not want to return to daytime.

Jay Kenneth Johnson: I think he could do well in the role having played a similar character on DOOL. I think he is a strong actor. He is 36.

Josh Henderson: I do not think this is likely at all with him being in primetime on the new Dallas, but I think he would do well with the role. Even if Dallas was not extended past this year, he may be committed to the primetime and other things. He is 32.

Brandon Barash: I think he might could make a good Adam, but I am not sure. I cannot tell much on the acting clips I have seen. I am currently not sold on him, but am open minded to him. He is 34.

Jason-Shane Scott: He looks similar to MM. He was on OLTL when JFP was there. I think he might could make a good Adam, but I am not sure based on the clips I have seen. He is 37.

Trevor St. John. His name gets mentioned a lot and from an acting standpoint, I figure he would make a good Adam. He is 42 and IMO is a little too old for the role.

There are a few others who I have thought of or have seen names mentioned regarding the role. None of the names above may even be in the running or seeking the role. I say go for the better actor vs. the one who looks like MM but is not as strong of an actor, but if the looks are similar with great acting skills then fine.

Jason Shane Scott would be my pick as an Adam re-cast

#29515   2014/02/17 06:03PM
    cdhg

Quote TwoOfEach: I'm suspicious that nuAdam has already been cast. The accident witness is appearing again in the next 4-6 weeks with Victor and Chelsea.It might turn out to be a dead end, but they are looking together for a reason.

It wouldn't surprise me if nuAdam showed up in late April for the beginning of sweeps and nuPhyllis sometime in mid May.

I like it. We have Cassie scaring Sharon spelling phantasm, so why not for May sweeps go all out and bring back Phadam. Of course, I do not mean Adam and Phyllis coming back together and what I just stated was corny but it popped into my head.

I could see a dead end possibility, but with the homeless man having done filming with more to come it sounds like there could be something going on. I guess there is the possibility of someone being shown in bandages, moving body parts, or someone from behind or without their face being shown, like we sometimes see the back of Phyllis whether in a Sharon dream or at the hospital in Savannah. Of course, Mariah's face is not being shown either.

I guess they could keep things quiet and under wraps. I believe they did that when Thom Bierdz was brought back onto the show under MAB with them having him film at other locations. I could see Adam returning by late April/early May while having scenes outside of Genoa City which still gives Chelsea more interaction time with Victor and possible other characters from the Newman and Abbott clans. Of course, I could see him being in Genoa City or being found by that point too, but I would not be surprised to see a 1-2 months of scenes outside of Genoa City.

Is there anything causing you to be suspicious that nuAdam has already been cast outside of the witness filming with MCE and EB?

#29516   2014/02/17 06:03PM
    ericlizafan

I was worried Chelsea (MCE) would be put on the backburner, but I'm glad to see she isn't.

#29517   2014/02/17 06:08PM
    Axl Rose

Quote cdhg: As I was thinking about Adam's possible return in July, I was thinking about the stories happening in regards to sweeps periods.

For February sweeps we have the aftermath of the Adam/Billy accident with what is thought to be the truth among GC resides being out in the open regarding Adam. We also have the Ian Ward story and those in that orbit along with the return of Colin and a Cassie look-a-like roaming around. Some of the dramatic events including the Billy/Adam car accident, Chelsea and others learning about the Delia accident and the Billy/Adam accident, the hostage crisis at the gala, the kidnapping of Connor, Victoria learning about Billy sleeping with Kelly, and what appears to be Nick and Dylan teaming up soon.

If Sharon's secret about Summer does not come out during February sweeps, I can see the secret lasting until May or close to then for May sweeps with the secret or aftermath of it coming out during that time. I could see a possible recast Phyllis return as well, but that would need to happen quickly regarding having someone in place. The Cassie look-a-like may keep appearing as well. May is the anniversary of Cassie's death, so the secret coming out then makes sense which would parallel things from the previous year.

That gets us into July sweeps for the possible Adam return. That makes sense as viewers would tune in to see what they think of the new Adam. If Adam returned before then, I could see it being somewhere besides GC or maybe that even being the case in July. That still provides time to be back for Connor's first birthday and to spend that with Chelsea and Connor in some fashion.

Those were some thoughts I had about how certain things might be spread out over the sweeps periods.

In July then I could see nu-Adam showing up in a hospital somewhere in the world with his face bandaged because of the explosion and then because of his plastic surgery takes off the bandages, takes them off his face and when he does Adam's new face is revealed with Adam lying there in the hospital bed and Adam getting out of that bed and heading back to Genoa City

And then when that happens Adam plastic surgery and all shows up in Genoa City and when he does he lurks in the shadows for weeks on end watching his loved ones specifically watching his wife Chelsea and their son Connor by trying to stay out of sight until he can prove his innocence as the hit and run driver

#29518   2014/02/17 06:09PM
    cdhg

Quote Axl Rose:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote Axl Rose: Well at least we have to wait until summer until Adam returns but I wonder who will be the Adam recast

I know there are names that I am not familiar with or no about who might make a great recast. Whether the person is well known or not, does not make much difference to me as long as the person does well with the role. As far as some of the people who I have thought about. I think the recast needs to be younger and not older than MM.

Tom Pelphrey: He is young at 31, but IMO he is a great actor who does intense and emotional scenes well. Some might question if he is too young and how he might come across in scenes with certain ones, but I think he would have good chemistry with MCE and do well in scenes with Victor. I think the recast Adam being younger than MM, would be a good thing. The character of Adam is supposed to be younger than MM's real life age anyway. The 20s and early 30s crowd on Y&R is not that great IMO. I think TP and MCE could be dynamic with both being in the early 30s and doing well with Chadam. However, TP is an east coast guy having appeared on east coast soaps along with some Broadway and some movies. He may not want to return to daytime.

Jay Kenneth Johnson: I think he could do well in the role having played a similar character on DOOL. I think he is a strong actor. He is 36.

Josh Henderson: I do not think this is likely at all with him being in primetime on the new Dallas, but I think he would do well with the role. Even if Dallas was not extended past this year, he may be committed to the primetime and other things. He is 32.

Brandon Barash: I think he might could make a good Adam, but I am not sure. I cannot tell much on the acting clips I have seen. I am currently not sold on him, but am open minded to him. He is 34.

Jason-Shane Scott: He looks similar to MM. He was on OLTL when JFP was there. I think he might could make a good Adam, but I am not sure based on the clips I have seen. He is 37.

Trevor St. John. His name gets mentioned a lot and from an acting standpoint, I figure he would make a good Adam. He is 42 and IMO is a little too old for the role.

There are a few others who I have thought of or have seen names mentioned regarding the role. None of the names above may even be in the running or seeking the role. I say go for the better actor vs. the one who looks like MM but is not as strong of an actor, but if the looks are similar with great acting skills then fine.

Jason Shane Scott would be my pick as an Adam re-cast

I think Jason-Shane Scott could possibly do the role well.

Right now, my top pick would probably be Tom Pelphrey. Of course, this could change at any moment for me and there might be better options out there with which I would be unaware. Co-Head Writer JP would be familiar with TP since she was writing for ATWT when TP was on the show.

I like others too like Jay Kenneth Johnson and Josh Henderson too. Henderson plays a similar role to Adam playing John Ross Ewing on the new Dallas.

There are some people on Tom Pelphrey's Facebook expressing support for him being the next Adam.

https://www.facebook.com/tom.pelphrey

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/17 06:15PM
    #29519   2014/02/17 06:21PM
    Axl Rose

Jay Kenneth Johnson I even suggested that a while back, that he would be perfect in the role of Adam Newman

#29520   2014/02/17 06:35PM
    cdhg

Quote Axl Rose: Jay Kenneth Johnson I even suggested that a while back, that he would be perfect in the role of Adam Newman

I remember you as the one who brought Jay Kenneth Johnson's name up. I know you brought up Dylan Bruce's name recently as well. I do not know much about him but I have seen a few acting clips and have watched Flowers in the Attic. He might could be a good fit as well.

I know that CBS SID brought up TP and TSJ, along with Austin Peck, Paul Anthony Stewart, Josh Kelly and Jordan Woolley as six they thought would make good choice. I would say not to PAS. He is too old IMO. I think Austin Peck is as well. I do not really see Josh Kelly as the right fit for the role. I cannot really tell about Jordan Woolley, but I would say possibly on him.

I saw someone on twitter weeks back bring up the name of Rick Hearst. He is 10-15 years past the necessary age. The guy is 49 years old. Even though not quite as old, I see Cameron Mathison as being too old and not the right fit either.

She has not posted in a while but Harlequin brought up the name of Peter Mooney who plays on the primetime series Rookie Blue. He is in primetime though, but I think he could make a good Adam. He is young at age 30.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/17 06:37PM
    « 2947 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list