List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/01 08:28PM, Views: 1466567, Replies: 31029
    « 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 2948 2949 » »| page:
    #29431   2014/02/12 03:22PM
    Re: Chadam Fans (No Bash)
    cdhg

Quote jamilah: I am not liking the amnesia or plastic surgery story for Adam's return at all. I want him back with his memory and for him to be recognized when he strolls back in town. Chadam story needs to continue from where they left off. There have been too many interruptions in their story already. Time for things to move along. Not sure if this rumour is true but I read online that there is a casting call for Adam. First appearance on screen is July.

Jamilah, do you remember where you read the info about the casting call and first appearance being in July. May or July either one makes since with both being sweeps months. It makes sense for Adam to be back before Connor's first birthday in August as well.

The other day on celebritydirtylaundry (yes not the best source) I read an article mentioning a casting call for a Connor Boyd with speculation about that being for Adam. The writer of the article mentioned it for someone in the mid 20s assuming they would get people in their 30s and go with someone in their 30s with the casting call really being for Adam. As I read that more closely, I thought this sounds more like a Kyle Abbott. The writer of the article mentioned that it was in the February 17 edition of SOD.

As I did more digging, I found out that Connor Boyd was a casting call from last year. It was mentioned to be in the February 17, 2013 edition of SOD. The date for this year's edition is February 18. The writer got bad information which was off by a year in trying to make a point about a casting call. From what I read, it seems more like the casting call for when they recast Kyle Abbott last year.

Y&R might as well put out a direct casting call for an Adam Newman. There is no need to put a smokescreen one out. That seems more like something they do when they are either planning to recast someone already on canvas or possibly needing to if contract negotiations do not work out. Since MM is gone from the show, they might as well put one out for Adam Newman and attract the best options seeking the role. I figure there will be quite a bit of interest for the role since it is a prime role on the show and provides various ways to show acting skills.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/12 03:25PM
    #29432   2014/02/12 03:31PM
    justtwocents

Quote cdhg:
    Quote justtwocents:
    Quote Ari1:
    Quote justtwocents:
    Quote Ari1:
    Quote justtwocents:
    Quote Ari1:
    Quote 3WishGenie:
    Quote Ari1:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote 3WishGenie: The hidden identity would be a very Adam thing to do but I don't know about Chelsea falling for him under this new identity. She's already crying about how he made her fall in love with him again knowing he had this huge secret. I think the amnesiac route would get rid of the deception aspect with him trying to remember where he belongs.

You and Jamilah make great points on the issues of trusts, secrets, and lies. They have had Chadam do that too much under the new regime when their foundation was one of being open and honest. Of course, others on the show are being written with the secret stuff too have been written that way.

I have went back and forth some on this, but I think you make a great point on the amnesia story, vs. the new face story. Perhaps there could be a new face and amnesia story, but I think there is plenty of drama in an amnesia story. I could think of different ways to write one. That was my first thought vs. the new face story. I can see it going either way, but the explosion and conditions does make me think that the new face story is possible.

I prefer hearing PB just say that the role of Adam Newman is being played by.....(MM I don't want Chadam lying anymore to each other. Like you said, their whole foundation was that they knew all of their flaws and never had to lie bc they couldn't shock each other. But all these writers have done since they've started is have Chadam lie to each other. Smdh. The only good thing about Adam having a new face is they could still use flashbacks and old pictures (I guess) with MM. I don't want him to have amnesia either bc I want him to remember his love for his family. I guess I'd rather have Adam be so injured he can't get back to Chelsea until he heals. He could be in a coma and then wake up and come back to claim his family.

He wouldnt have amnesia forever. Just until a significant event jogs his memory and it all comes back. But ya the new face thing practically writes itself so who knows.

I guess I hate the whole new face thing bc it's just so unrealistic. Who is so disfigured that he has to have plastic surgery and comes out of it being good looking? Unfortunately, plastic surgery hasn't advanced that much that people can get a whole new face and look good. But these writers don't follow logic. So it's possible. I'm just waiting for some original story that sounds a tad bit interesting before I start watching again. I always wanted Chadam working together through this whole Delia story. Seeing Chelsea suffer for the next 3 to 6 months like how we watched Adam suffer is just not interesting. It's sad. We had 3 months of Adam's guilt. Now I guess we'll get at least 3 months of Chelsea's guilt. This is just poor story telling. We get it. We got it. We don't need to see or hear the same thing over and over. It's insulting.

Snowed in so I'm checking in... Ari, are you watching this crap? I've not watched in weeks but check this board from time to time b/c I like the posters so much. The more I read the more I'm relieved not to be watching. I also keep hoping to see something about MM here but I'm not sure why. I knew you were checking tweets along the way but when I read this it sounded like you were watching again. Just curious.

No, I'm not watching. I haven't even watched MM's last two days. It's too depressing. Plus I want the stories to get better, and that won't happen until JPF is gone. If we keep watching, nothing will change. So I'm just reading the recaps and checking the message boards.

Ah, okay. I don't know if people walking away from Y&R will make a difference but I would do it if I were the only one. The writing has hit an all time low. It's hard to stomach even reading about it. Once Adam is re-cast I'll probably stop checking in b/c I don't want to be negative for those sticking with it. Until then, I'll keep checking in 2-3 times a week. It's all I can take.

I secretly (and foolishly, I know) keep hoping that JFP will be kicked (hard) to the curb and MM will be re-hired (as if he'd say yes).

The message boards are more entertaining than the show! I still post bc I am still a Chadam fan as we all are. I hope we feel we all can express our opinions without judgment.

Yep, will always be a ChadaMM fan at heart. This group is awesome.

Btw, did anyone read the recent CBS Soap Digest (?) It has MM on the top right cover with a teaser saying that MM had broken his silence with a "quote" from MM saying he'd "let them down." If you read it, I'd love to know what it said. No way am I giving money to CBS to read it.

From what I remember it was basically about MM talking to castmates on the Penthouse set telling them he had let them down while teary eyed but telling them they had a lot of work to get done. It sounded like he also talked to the crew. This was info relayed by an insider.

Thanks!

#29433   2014/02/12 03:33PM
    jamilah

Quote cdhg:
    Quote jamilah: I am not liking the amnesia or plastic surgery story for Adam's return at all. I want him back with his memory and for him to be recognized when he strolls back in town. Chadam story needs to continue from where they left off. There have been too many interruptions in their story already. Time for things to move along. Not sure if this rumour is true but I read online that there is a casting call for Adam. First appearance on screen is July.

Jamilah, do you remember where you read the info about the casting call and first appearance being in July. May or July either one makes since with both being sweeps months. It makes sense for Adam to be back before Connor's first birthday in August as well.

The other day on celebritydirtylaundry (yes not the best source) I read an article mentioning a casting call for a Connor Boyd with speculation about that being for Adam. The writer of the article mentioned it for someone in the mid 20s assuming they would get people in their 30s and go with someone in their 30s with the casting call really being for Adam. As I read that more closely, I thought this sounds more like a Kyle Abbott. The writer of the article mentioned that it was in the February 17 edition of SOD.

As I did more digging, I found out that Connor Boyd was a casting call from last year. It was mentioned to be in the February 17, 2013 edition of SOD. The date for this year's edition is February 18. The writer got bad information which was off by a year in trying to make a point about a casting call. From what I read, it seems more like the casting call for when they recast Kyle Abbott last year.

Y&R might as well put out a direct casting call for an Adam Newman. There is no need to put a smokescreen one out. That seems more like something they do when they are either planning to recast someone already on canvas or possibly needing to if contract negotiations do not work out. Since MM is gone from the show, they might as well put one out for Adam Newman and attract the best options seeking the role. I figure there will be quite a bit of interest for the role since it is a prime role on the show and provides various ways to show acting skills.

I think I saw it on Daytime Dish, sometimes rumours on there turns out to be true. Thats where I first read they were killing off Delia. I hope its true we need Adam back to celebrate Connor's first birthday.

#29434   2014/02/12 05:33PM
    Ari1

So I guess Chelsea turns to Victor to try and get Conner back. That's pretty much what I figured. I hope Chelsea doesn't let him manipulate her and get his foot in the door bc he helped her. Now that his other children have disowned him he'll probably become more obsessed with getting his hands on Conner. Sigh.

I read that Victor told Billy that Adam was sick and he kept the secret to protect Conner from Adam. Is that true? I can't believe he thinks Adam actually hit Delia and left her to die. What an evil person Victor is. That reasoning makes zero sense bc if he really thought Adam was dangerous, he'd want him to go to jail. The whole blackmail story never really made much sense bc the easiest way for Victor to get his hands on Conner was to put Adam in prison.

Hearing Jack tell Chelsea that he loved Adam, too, was very touching. That's why I don't want Chelsea ever turning to Victor bc he enjoyed crushing Adam under his thumb. Chelsea would never want him in Connor's life. Never. It's just sickening if the writers go there. From the spoilers saying Chelsea disregards Adam's final wishes, I guess that's where we are headed. Double sigh.

#29435   2014/02/12 05:34PM
    ericlizafan

I'm glad to see this thread is still alive, even though Chadam will never be the same without MM. There is no other character on the show I want to see Chelsea with.

#29436   2014/02/12 05:43PM
    Ari1

Quote ericlizafan: I'm glad to see this thread is still alive, even though Chadam will never be the same without MM. There is no other character on the show I want to see Chelsea with.

I miss Adam/MM.

#29437   2014/02/12 05:49PM
    Laduree

Quote Ari1: So I guess Chelsea turns to Victor to try and get Conner back. That's pretty much what I figured. I hope Chelsea doesn't let him manipulate her and get his foot in the door bc he helped her. Now that his other children have disowned him he'll probably become more obsessed with getting his hands on Conner. Sigh.

I read that Victor told Billy that Adam was sick and he kept the secret to protect Conner from Adam. Is that true? I can't believe he thinks Adam actually hit Delia and left her to die. What an evil person Victor is. That reasoning makes zero sense bc if he really thought Adam was dangerous, he'd want him to go to jail. The whole blackmail story never really made much sense bc the easiest way for Victor to get his hands on Conner was to put Adam in prison.

Hearing Jack tell Chelsea that he loved Adam, too, was very touching. That's why I don't want Chelsea ever turning to Victor bc he enjoyed crushing Adam under his thumb. Chelsea would never want him in Connor's life. Never. It's just sickening if the writers go there. From the spoilers saying Chelsea disregards Adam's final wishes, I guess that's where we are headed. Double sigh.

Victor will throw anyone under the bus, including his own son, to deflect from his own criminality and moral shortcomings. He has gone so far around the bend, I will never give a darn about him again.

#29438   2014/02/12 06:09PM
    Ari1

Quote Laduree:
    Quote Ari1: So I guess Chelsea turns to Victor to try and get Conner back. That's pretty much what I figured. I hope Chelsea doesn't let him manipulate her and get his foot in the door bc he helped her. Now that his other children have disowned him he'll probably become more obsessed with getting his hands on Conner. Sigh.

Victor will throw anyone under the bus, including his own son, to deflect from his own criminality and moral shortcomings. He has gone so far around the bend, I will never give a darn about him again.

I know! Victor is the true sociopath. He never feels remorse for anything. He never regrets his mistakes or even thinks he did anything wrong. Smh. There is nothing to like about this character. Nothing. All he does is blame others for his faults. No self reflection. He's just a bully and a monster. Why he is not shunned by everyone in GC is beyond me.

#29439   2014/02/12 07:59PM
    cdhg

I liked the Chelsea scenes with Anita and Lily along with the following episode scenes with Avery and Jack. It is nice that Chelsea is getting scenes with plenty of characters and is a focal point of one of the major stories.

I am assuming she will be on tomorrow's Canadian/Friday's US episode with the gala going on and how today's Canadian scenes concluded with Chloe mouthing to turn around and see Chelsea.

I think this will be the first week that MCE/Chelsea will have appeared in all five episodes for the week. She has appeared in four on a number of occasions. It looks like at least 6-8 consecutive episodes going back to last Friday's US episode.

Some of the reaction to the Adam and the Delia accident is scattered here and there with people thinking all kinds of things and possibilities with several thinking the worst. Some things seem vague to me coming from certain characters. It is nice to see Jack coming around, so I am assuming he is not thinking the worst about the accident.

#29440   2014/02/12 08:05PM
    cdhg

Assuming Chelsea agrees to work with Victor and allow him in Connor's life, I hope she goes in eyes wide open with a plan up her sleeve. I do not want to see Chelsea fall victim to Victor and come across as a gullible former con, who should instead be aware based on her con experiences. I could see Victor being sincere with his efforts, but still he often has conditions and things will become complicated on Victor's end when Adam returns. I would enjoy seeing Chelsea make Victor think she is going along while working with Jack. Then again I would not mind to see unromantic bonding between Chelsea and Victor either as long as it is sincere without conditions without Victor being too involved in trying to influence Connor's life. Overall, I prefer her not being close to Victor unless she can use it to her benefit, but still I like seeing her have more scenes with Victor and his orbit of characters. I do want Chelsea to trust her instincts about Adam still being alive and hoping he will somehow return in the midst of her doubts thinking he would not return given the circumstances. Things are interesting on the Victor front as Nick and Victoria are currently having issues with Victor. Really, I would prefer Chelsea to not be trusting to Victor and allow Victor in Connor's life, but since he is going to assist with getting Connor back then there will be something happen on this forefront. If Chelsea could get Victor to see the good in Adam and help smooth out things there then there would be positives, but Adam and Chelsea's previous instincts are really better when it comes to Victor. I could see Victor possibly trying to keep Adam and Chelsea apart when Adam returns, but it would be because of his feelings about Adam. I could see him meddle with them like he does his other children's lives at times.

As much as Victor had issues with Adam, it seems Victor wants anything in Adam's life. If Adam had dogs, cats, and a fish tank, he would probably try to claim them as well.

« 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 2948 2949 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list