List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/21 07:17AM, Views: 1534747, Replies: 31606
    « 2556 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 » »| page:
    #25601   2013/11/17 08:11PM
    Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING
    Spike1976

Quote Ari1: I didn't get to watch Thursday's epi bc the whole show was preempted for the press conference. Hopefully, I can watch it later. I watched Friday's and here are my thoughts.

I found the Chylan scenes interesting. I think it showed that there was no longer any angst between them. Dylan was surprised Chelsea wanted to stay with Adam. She made Adam seem like such a monster to Dylan that he thought she'd do anything to get away from him. It probably killed his ego a little that she no longer needed him. He was like I bet he hates that the toy I gave him is his favorite and she's like no. He says I bet he's still being a bully about custody and she's like no. I bet you can't wait to get the hell out of there. No. He must have something he's holding over your head to get you to stay. No. Oh, well you must be falling for him. Absolutely no. (Yah right). The Leslie Avery scene was funny bc Avery said Dylan kissed her out of the blue and Leslie said everyone saw this coming. So I think Chelsea will act surprised when she and Adam get closer except everyone else including Dylan sees it coming.

I'm sorry. I just don't buy Sharon's act anymore. She tells Nick how Adam came to her rescue to totally make Nick jealous. This whole talk about how she needed to take responsibility for her part in the break up shows she's still delusional. They weren't even together so how could they break up? Smh. Notice how Nick did get jealous where Adam didn't take the bait. He's so over that one trick pony.

I like the Chadam conversation. Unfortunately, I don't think Chelsea is going to let up with the finding justice for Delia spiel. She'll probably drive Adam to confess just so he doesn't have to hear it anymore. I think the Chadam scenes were nicely paralleled with the Villy ones. Vicky told Billy that as long as he was open with her, the rest will come. Then the scene cut to Chadam finally having an open conversation. Chelsea asks Adam to just tell her. What's the worst that could happen. Adam told her that that's all he can think about, the worst that could happen. He said that he constantly worried about Conner and how all he wants to do is protect him from everything. Of course, he can't protect him if he's in jail so he's keeping the secret so he can be there to protect his son. I remember this was how Chelsea sounded when she wanted to protect the baby from Adam. She chose Dylan and was always talking about him protecting the baby. Now Adam is the who's scared about losing the baby and that he won't be able to protect him unless he lies. That's why I think Chelsea will support him bc she will know he's scared of losing the baby like she was which made her lie. Chelsea told him that he won't have to go through this alone anymore. He has her and they'll do it together. I thought this was foreshadowing for when the truth comes out.

I can honestly say just this year alone and watching Sharon that I don't like the character. She went out of her way to destroy the Chadam relationship and she did the same with Navery. She's the same person on or off her meds.

Even Dylan can see that Chelsea is starting to fall for Adam.

#25602   2013/11/17 08:38PM
    cdhg

I noticed in the CBS SID poll this week that Y&R had 8 of the top 10 couples including the Top 7. That is as dominant as I think I have every seen Y&R couples among the voters in that poll.

The order was, Lane, Villy, Chadam, Shadam, Davery, Chlovin, Shick, Hope/Liam, Bill/Katie, Likey. I was a little surprised to see Davery so high, but they did well in the recent Pulse Poll as well. I was surprised to see Chlovin at #6 and Likey at #10. I think do think Likey is a good couple. It had been a long time since Chlovin had made the top 10.

MM finished #2 among the actors and MCE finished #3 among the actresses even finishing ahead of AH who typically finishes #2 or #3 in that poll. I think Chadam may have gotten closer to Villy for the #2 spot in that poll, but that is just a guess. That is the highest I have seen MCE rank in that poll.

82% supported Davery reuniting while 18% did not. I thought it was a little funny how the writers for the magazine stated the notion that Davery was helped out some due to people wanting Dylan away from Chelsea and Avery away from Nick.

There are a few key points that I wanted to make about the CBS Top 10 couples poll. First, 7 of the 8 Y&R couples in that poll are either together or are having a lot of scenes together or living together (Davery, Shick and Chadam). Secondly, it seems Y&R is really focusing on core couples of late as evident by Chlovin and Likey scenes among others with them making the Top 10. It seems Y&R is making a better emphasis in writing for couples.

My final points deal with couples and ratings. I do think that the Delia accident and the storylines from that have been the main reason for ratings and viewers being up. I think that has been a big springboard for things. Also, I think having your core couples featured more with the bonding moments and strong emotional stories is playing a big part too. It is interesting to me that the viewers and ratings are up at a time when the writers have gotten away more from the triangles they had going for months.

For a while most of the Y&R couples in the Top 10 were not together as couples on the show. Now, most are together if not having the majority of scenes together.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/17 08:42PM
    #25603   2013/11/17 08:49PM
    TwoOfEach

Don't forget to vote: tvsourcemagazine.com/2013/11/pulse-poll-november-11-2013-edition/

I know our couple didn't have much screentime last week; I'm hoping we get more soon. At least the spoilers are promising.

#25604   2013/11/17 09:18PM
    cdhg

I know what have discussed how Chelsea will react to Adam's belief that he killed Delia and keeping quiet about it. I do think she will support Adam even if she is initially upset at him for the way he handled his suspicions about it and not opening up to her.

In saying this, we have a lot of wildcards. How will Chelsea react to Adam's secret? How will Nick react to Sharon's secret? How will Adam will react to Sharon's secret? How will Sharon react to Adam's secret?

On the Nick and Sharon fan thread, I know a couple of posters expressed Nick being understanding to Sharon due to how he initially acted out of a grief/sense of loss and a desire for happiness by claiming Summer as his without knowing for sure and thus will understand why Sharon lied along with her going through mental issues at the time of her lie. Plus, his abandonment of Sharon and Noah and affair with Phyllis affected Sharon a great deal. Others see Nick as being more unforgiving as the nature of his character and how the lie has affected Summer and Jack's life, especially Summer's life. Plus, there is the issue of Phyllis in a coma.

Regarding Adam's reaction to Sharon's lie, he could be sympathetic since she eventually forgave him for Faith realizing the guilt he faced once falling for Sharon and not coming clean with her due to fear of losing her. He also knew she was off her meds and might feel guilty for past actions and how he handled allowing for a meaningless sex relationship to exist between them. On the other hand, he not be as sympathetic due to putting Jack and Summer thought such a mess especially his friend Jack.

Regarding Sharon's reaction to Adam's lie she might be sympathetic due to how she eventually forgave him for Faith and reunited with him. She might think that Adam would not hit a child and leave the child out there to die. However, she might start questioning if Adam would have reverted back to covering up something or doing something out of desperation for his child regarding corneas.

All we have at this point is how Sharon reacted to Nick's initial decision to not find out if Summer was his daughter and Adam's reaction to Chelsea's paternity lie. Sharon was very understanding of why Nick reacted the way he did and did not show anger for his actions, although she had every right to be angry. She was also facing mental issues at the time and was no longer involved with Adam. Adam was angry at Chelsea as he should have been with Chelsea not showing remorse for lying. Both Adam and Chelsea have come along way. Despite tensions, Adam asked Chelsea to move in with him and eventually backed off sole custody. All of that happened pretty quickly after Adam learned the truth about Connor. I do not know if any of this helps us predict future reactions or not, but it might. There are some couples and ongoing stories that one can parallel Chadam with such as Shick and Villy, with each in different ways.

#25605   2013/11/17 09:36PM
    Ari1

Quote cdhg:
    Quote Laduree: I'm more and more convinced that the gun will be used, and Adam will be innocent in the end. Y&R just loves to make the holidays a giant ball of angst. Hey, it's not like we could all use a pick-me-up because things are just rockin' in the US right now! I love drama as much as the next person, but I hope we get some holiday cheer. I had really hoped the Delia stuff would be behind us, but sadly, that will not be the case. At least hoping Chelsea knows and is solidly in Adam's corner.

It could be one of those defining and iconic moments for the couple if Chelsea is there supporting him and trying to uncover the truth about the accident. Even if she gets upset at first, I would like her to hear Adam's story about the night. After hearing his story, I think she will believe him and not only that she will think he did not do it. Really, how do you not feel the person with your tires?

I could see Chelsea being more upset about not opening up to her, but eventually understanding why he did not open up.

Sometimes I over analyze or read too many possibilities into lines, but on Friday's episode Adam told Chelsea to drive safely with Chelsea telling him to get some sleep. I think it was simply lines of each other showing concern for the other. However, I had a thought that perhaps Chelsea has an accident over something pertaining to all of this. Perhaps Billy learns about Adam being the one to have possibly done it and Chelsea is driving Adam's vehicle being followed by Billy thinking it is Adam shoots at the tires or does something to cause an accident intentionally or unintentionally. I do not think things will play out anywhere like that, but it was a thought.

I think Adam is going to have a breakdown or something is going to happen to him due to not getting any sleep.

I am putting my estimation at 90% that Adam is not the one who hit Delia. Chelsea trying to uncover the truth could add an extra element to the story IMO.

I agree that we need some positive stuff for the holidays.

I like your idea of Chelsea being the one to try and uncover the truth. If Adam gets arrested I can see her working to uncover the truth. She could use her own resources as a con. I remember last year when Adam wanted someone out of his life (maybe Victor) and Chelsea joked: " I know a guy who knows a guy." If she could be the one who clears him and saves him, especially when he feels so guilty and defeated and not inclined to help himself, I think that would be a good love story. I remember Sharon trying to save Adam when he was accused of Skye's murder. She messed that up big time and ended up in jail which led to Adam tossing evidence that would clear her and leaving her to rot in jail. That story was not romantic at all. Chelsea saving Adam from himself and the lynch mob would be epic. Chelsea is much smarter and less bumbling than Sharon. Sharon can't even save herself. So I want to see this hit n run story as a way for solidifying our couple. Chelsea supporting Adam, going up against Victor, Chloe, and Villy, and clearing her man's name would be a good start.

#25606   2013/11/17 09:40PM
    cdhg

Quote cdhg: I noticed in the CBS SID poll this week that Y&R had 8 of the top 10 couples including the Top 7. That is as dominant as I think I have every seen Y&R couples among the voters in that poll.

The order was, Lane, Villy, Chadam, Shadam, Davery, Chlovin, Shick, Hope/Liam, Bill/Katie, Likey. I was a little surprised to see Davery so high, but they did well in the recent Pulse Poll as well. I was surprised to see Chlovin at #6 and Likey at #10. I think do think Likey is a good couple. It had been a long time since Chlovin had made the top 10.

MM finished #2 among the actors and MCE finished #3 among the actresses even finishing ahead of AH who typically finishes #2 or #3 in that poll. I think Chadam may have gotten closer to Villy for the #2 spot in that poll, but that is just a guess. That is the highest I have seen MCE rank in that poll.

82% supported Davery reuniting while 18% did not. I thought it was a little funny how the writers for the magazine stated the notion that Davery was helped out some due to people wanting Dylan away from Chelsea and Avery away from Nick.

There are a few key points that I wanted to make about the CBS Top 10 couples poll. First, 7 of the 8 Y&R couples in that poll are either together or are having a lot of scenes together or living together (Davery, Shick and Chadam). Secondly, it seems Y&R is really focusing on core couples of late as evident by Chlovin and Likey scenes among others with them making the Top 10. It seems Y&R is making a better emphasis in writing for couples.

My final points deal with couples and ratings. I do think that the Delia accident and the storylines from that have been the main reason for ratings and viewers being up. I think that has been a big springboard for things. Also, I think having your core couples featured more with the bonding moments and strong emotional stories is playing a big part too. It is interesting to me that the viewers and ratings are up at a time when the writers have gotten away more from the triangles they had going for months.

For a while most of the Y&R couples in the Top 10 were not together as couples on the show. Now, most are together if not having the majority of scenes together.

It is interesting that with most of these couples there has been a lot of focus on children. We have seen Lane spending more time with their children of late. We have seen Villy with Johnny more with them coping with the loss of Delia. We see a lot of Chadam's focus on their own baby son and the loss of someone else's child. Even the Shadam conversation last week dealt with some with parenting. With Davery, you have Avery helping Dylan get through Connor not being his son and will have to be there for him on his learning that Nikki is his mother. With Chlovin, you have them dealing with the loss of Delia and her obsession with Connor. With Shick, you have them in scenes with Faith more often and also discussing Noah working at Newman. With Likey, you have them trying to protect their son from murder charges and a drug addiction, with Michael taking the rap for the murder charges. Then there are other couples like Niktor who have the upcoming tension with Dylan being Nikki's son and how that will affect their family. There is also Victor's desire to be in Connor's life and Adam's as well.

There has definitely been a lot of focus not just on couples but on their children as well.

#25607   2013/11/17 09:50PM
    cdhg

Quote Ari1:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote Laduree: I'm more and more convinced that the gun will be used, and Adam will be innocent in the end. Y&R just loves to make the holidays a giant ball of angst. Hey, it's not like we could all use a pick-me-up because things are just rockin' in the US right now! I love drama as much as the next person, but I hope we get some holiday cheer. I had really hoped the Delia stuff would be behind us, but sadly, that will not be the case. At least hoping Chelsea knows and is solidly in Adam's corner.

It could be one of those defining and iconic moments for the couple if Chelsea is there supporting him and trying to uncover the truth about the accident. Even if she gets upset at first, I would like her to hear Adam's story about the night. After hearing his story, I think she will believe him and not only that she will think he did not do it. Really, how do you not feel the person with your tires?

I could see Chelsea being more upset about not opening up to her, but eventually understanding why he did not open up.

Sometimes I over analyze or read too many possibilities into lines, but on Friday's episode Adam told Chelsea to drive safely with Chelsea telling him to get some sleep. I think it was simply lines of each other showing concern for the other. However, I had a thought that perhaps Chelsea has an accident over something pertaining to all of this. Perhaps Billy learns about Adam being the one to have possibly done it and Chelsea is driving Adam's vehicle being followed by Billy thinking it is Adam shoots at the tires or does something to cause an accident intentionally or unintentionally. I do not think things will play out anywhere like that, but it was a thought.

I think Adam is going to have a breakdown or something is going to happen to him due to not getting any sleep.

I am putting my estimation at 90% that Adam is not the one who hit Delia. Chelsea trying to uncover the truth could add an extra element to the story IMO.

I agree that we need some positive stuff for the holidays.

I like your idea of Chelsea being the one to try and uncover the truth. If Adam gets arrested I can see her working to uncover the truth. She could use her own resources as a con. I remember last year when Adam wanted someone out of his life (maybe Victor) and Chelsea joked: " I know a guy who knows a guy." If she could be the one who clears him and saves him, especially when he feels so guilty and defeated and not inclined to help himself, I think that would be a good love story. I remember Sharon trying to save Adam when he was accused of Skye's murder. She messed that up big time and ended up in jail which led to Adam tossing evidence that would clear her and leaving her to rot in jail. That story was not romantic at all. Chelsea saving Adam from himself and the lynch mob would be epic. Chelsea is much smarter and less bumbling than Sharon. Sharon can't even save herself. So I want to see this hit n run story as a way for solidifying our couple. Chelsea supporting Adam, going up against Victor, Chloe, and Villy, and clearing her man's name would be a good start.

The writers would be missing an opportunity to solidify Chadam by not having Chelsea helping Adam and understanding his situation vs. having her siding with Villy and Chlovin over them not knowing things and getting a sense of closure. I find the last part of that uninteresting, but her helping Adam I find very interesting.

I remember watching that part of her telling Adam, that "she knows a guy who knows a guy" and I think it was pertaining to Kevin and him being a nuisance over Tag & Grab. I miss that part of Chelsea where she was snappy in regards to Villy and Chlovin.

#25608   2013/11/17 10:00PM
    Winnipeg girl

Quote kilda: Chelsea and Adam are really great ! They get each other !

my fav couple on the show, next to Dylon and Avery
    , Chloe and Kevin too
    .. but end this Delia scene, and PLEASE do not make Adam the killer
    he really needs a break.... Bring Back Phylis we miss her attitude

#25609   2013/11/17 10:01PM
    Ari1

I got a creepy vibe from Chloe Friday with her acting to Kevin like it was hard for her to be around Conner and Chelsea, and then calling Chelsea the minute she left Kevin telling her they need to work and to bring Conner. She's not through wreaking havoc on Chadam, I'm afraid. I can see her wanting Adam out of the picture so she could have easier access to Chelsea and the baby. Her hatred for Adam was already over the top and will only get worse when she finds out Adam might be the driver. A spoiler said that Chadam become concerned with Chloe's obsession over Conner. I think she's up to no good when it comes to Chadam. The quicker Chelsea cuts Chloe out of her life bc she chooses to support Adam, the better.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/17 10:04PM
    #25610   2013/11/17 10:08PM
    cdhg

Quote Winnipeg girl:
    Quote kilda: Chelsea and Adam are really great ! They get each other !

my fav couple on the show, next to Dylon and Avery
    , Chloe and Kevin too
    .. but end this Delia scene, and PLEASE do not make Adam the killer
    he really needs a break.... Bring Back Phylis we miss her attitude

Welcome to the Chadam Fan Thread.

« 2556 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list