List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/24 07:33PM, Views: 1538420, Replies: 31657
    « 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 » »| page:
    #24691   2013/10/31 12:01PM
    Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING
    Laduree

Quote gardengal:
    Quote Laduree:
    Quote runslikeagirl:
    Quote TwoOfEach:
    Quote Soapfan326: NE Spoilers wk 11/11

Nikki gathers friends and family to celebrate Veteran's Day

Dylan and Avery share a tender moment

Abby considers an important offer from Victor

Things heat up between Lily and Cane

Neil and Leslie's romantic evening takes a surprising turn

The truth about the hit and run takes its toll on Adam

Hmm This could be lots of things. MM's interview reveals that Adam concludes that he probably was the driver. Maybe we see him wrestling with the guilt and deciding not to tell, or maybe he's arrested.

If soap fans didn't demand that stories be tied up in neat little bows, MM's interview would make me wonder if we never find out for sure what happened that night. Where it looks more likely than not that Adam was the driver, but the police don't have enough to convict and the audience can't be sure either.

Really? Because I came to the opposite conclusion from that interview: (emphasis mine)

Soaps.com: Adam burning the scarf seemed like a definitive decision. Is there any going back from that?

Muhney: Adam realizes that although he felt nothing, heard nothing, and saw nothing while he was driving, this scarf must be incriminating. But could it have just been caught up in his wheel because it was lying in the street? Did Adam do this? How could it be? Because as far as Adam experienced, there was no "hit" and obviously there was no "run." And once he starts to put the pieces together later, his amazing capacity for guilt starts to take over, and at some point, he emotionally accepts the idea that he was possibly, and probably, the one to hit Delia.

Now we all know Adam is incredibly intelligent, and he's definitely smart enough to know that things aren't always as they seem, and there could certainly be another driver out there who hit this little girl, but his guilt and his conscience are eating him up alive, and then reason sets in: If he turns himself in, will that bring her back? How can he be certain that it was him? What if he turns himself in and was wrong?

Now yes, he did say that "at some point, he emotionally accepts the idea that he was possibly, and probably, the one to hit Delia," but to me the key part of that sentence is "emotionally accepts" not "probably" because right now, he's running on pure emotion and adrenaline, not intellect or reason. Without giving the story away and getting in trouble with the writers/head honchos, I think MM did a great job of planting the seed in viewers' minds that there's more to come to the story, and like we've said before on this MB, the real story here is him struggling with taking a chance coming forward when he's not sure if he did it, but he knows that he'll be treated like he's guilty and won't get a fair investigation/trial because of who he is, and that this will likely take him away from his son.

I reached the same conclusion, but the part that caught my attention was when he stated that Adam felt nothing, heard nothing and saw nothing. That is just not possible. It defies physics and logic.

BTW- WTH is wrong with some of the people on this MB? I thought there was a strict policy regarding actor bashing. Someone started a nice thread pertaining to his interview and already some folks are ragging on him. I posted in that thread about it because it really bothers me. People see him interacting on Twitter and make such broad assumptions about him. It's absurd.

To me that is the wink, wink - Adam didn't do it. He just thinks for some time he is guilty.

That's how it seems. If he did it, the evidence does not add up to his vehicle striking her. Soaps are notoriously illogical though, so there's always a chance he did it, but it's still ludicrous to me.

#24692   2013/10/31 12:05PM
    Laduree

Quote runslikeagirl:
    Quote Laduree:
    Quote runslikeagirl:
    Quote TwoOfEach:
    Quote Soapfan326: NE Spoilers wk 11/11

Nikki gathers friends and family to celebrate Veteran's Day

Dylan and Avery share a tender moment

Abby considers an important offer from Victor

Things heat up between Lily and Cane

Neil and Leslie's romantic evening takes a surprising turn

The truth about the hit and run takes its toll on Adam

Hmm This could be lots of things. MM's interview reveals that Adam concludes that he probably was the driver. Maybe we see him wrestling with the guilt and deciding not to tell, or maybe he's arrested.

If soap fans didn't demand that stories be tied up in neat little bows, MM's interview would make me wonder if we never find out for sure what happened that night. Where it looks more likely than not that Adam was the driver, but the police don't have enough to convict and the audience can't be sure either.

Really? Because I came to the opposite conclusion from that interview: (emphasis mine)

Soaps.com: Adam burning the scarf seemed like a definitive decision. Is there any going back from that?

Muhney: Adam realizes that although he felt nothing, heard nothing, and saw nothing while he was driving, this scarf must be incriminating. But could it have just been caught up in his wheel because it was lying in the street? Did Adam do this? How could it be? Because as far as Adam experienced, there was no "hit" and obviously there was no "run." And once he starts to put the pieces together later, his amazing capacity for guilt starts to take over, and at some point, he emotionally accepts the idea that he was possibly, and probably, the one to hit Delia.

Now we all know Adam is incredibly intelligent, and he's definitely smart enough to know that things aren't always as they seem, and there could certainly be another driver out there who hit this little girl, but his guilt and his conscience are eating him up alive, and then reason sets in: If he turns himself in, will that bring her back? How can he be certain that it was him? What if he turns himself in and was wrong?

Now yes, he did say that "at some point, he emotionally accepts the idea that he was possibly, and probably, the one to hit Delia," but to me the key part of that sentence is "emotionally accepts" not "probably" because right now, he's running on pure emotion and adrenaline, not intellect or reason. Without giving the story away and getting in trouble with the writers/head honchos, I think MM did a great job of planting the seed in viewers' minds that there's more to come to the story, and like we've said before on this MB, the real story here is him struggling with taking a chance coming forward when he's not sure if he did it, but he knows that he'll be treated like he's guilty and won't get a fair investigation/trial because of who he is, and that this will likely take him away from his son.

I reached the same conclusion, but the part that caught my attention was when he stated that Adam felt nothing, heard nothing and saw nothing. That is just not possible. It defies physics and logic.

BTW- WTH is wrong with some of the people on this MB? I thought there was a strict policy regarding actor bashing. Someone started a nice thread pertaining to his interview and already some folks are ragging on him. I posted in that thread about it because it really bothers me. People see him interacting on Twitter and make such broad assumptions about him. It's absurd.

That was telling to me as well, but I didn't want to italicize everything! He had to have felt SOMETHING if he really did it! I still lean towards Courtney or this mysterious Zach.

I also don't get the MM hate AT ALL. To me, he's hilarious, sarcastic, intelligent and deeply caring. The people that misinterpret what he says, who think his ego's too big, are people I don't think I'd get along with in real life anyway, so I just don't let it bother me. People tend to be way too judgmental online than in real life because the anonymity of it all makes them braver than they really are.

It's amazing how ballsy some people are from behind a keyboard.

#24693   2013/10/31 12:15PM
    Laduree

Quote TwoOfEach: Loving this spoiler from Soapdom:

The Adam/Chelsea/Dylan triangle takes an unanticipated twist when Chelsea and Adam find themselves falling in love all over again.

YAY!!! Sorry, but Dylan will NOT be part of this equation and I fail to see how falling in love with Adam again has anything to do with Dylan at this point.

#24694   2013/10/31 12:20PM
    Laduree

Quote Ari1:
    Quote TwoOfEach: Jimmy the Parrot just confirmed that the bomb dropping will be "EPIC" when Adam is exposed.

Guess we knew it was coming but sounds like its going to come out in the worst way possible.

This doesn't sound good. Maybe there will be another kangaroo court. Does anyone remember how Adam was exposed when he scammed Sharon and Ashley? If the Newmans and the Abbots do another kangaroo court, that might be what taints the investigation so Adam could get off on a technicality.

I think the hate will be ratcheted up so high, they'll all end up looking like a lynch mob when it's revealed he didn't do it. I think he'll grow from this and become so battle hardened that no one and nothing will break him going forward.

#24695   2013/10/31 12:59PM
    Spike1976

With the ratings lately, Chadam are not even together and they have been driving the s/l with Chilly. I wonder what will happen to the ratings if Chadam and Chilly become a couple. They have been the main characters the last few weeks and people seem to be glued to the TV.

If people tuned in to see Chilly then I think Villy is toast.

#24696   2013/10/31 01:09PM
    3WishGenie

Quote Spike1976: With the ratings lately, Chadam are not even together and they have been driving the s/l with Chilly. I wonder what will happen to the ratings if Chadam and Chilly become a couple. They have been the main characters the last few weeks and people seem to be glued to the TV.

If people tuned in to see Chilly then I think Villy is toast.

I don't think its a specific couple drawing ppl in but rather the s/l as a whole. I do think Chilly match up quite evenly in the acting dept. Their scenes are definitely more emotionally charged than with Villy.

#24697   2013/10/31 01:10PM
    gardengal

Has Dylan even called to ask about Connor? My guess he hasn't bothered. Get the annulment silly! Boy is he proving to be his bio-mother's son with the illogical thinking.

Enough about him! If they reunite Chadam only to rip them apart with Adam being arrested, then I hope two things occur. One Adam will be exonerated, and the second Chelsea supports Adam. Other than that I'm dreading this upcoming storyline.

What is currently bothering me is there is no realization that a small child, dressed in black, was standing on a roadside at night. I have yet to hear anyone suggest the driver is unaware of the crime.

#24698   2013/10/31 01:14PM
    3WishGenie

Quote gardengal: Has Dylan even called to ask about Connor? My guess he hasn't bothered. Get the annulment silly! Boy is he proving to be his bio-mother's son with the illogical thinking.

Enough about him! If they reunite Chadam only to rip them apart with Adam being arrested, then I hope two things occur. One Adam will be exonerated, and the second Chelsea supports Adam. Other than that I'm dreading this upcoming storyline.

What is currently bothering me is there is no realization that a small child, dressed in black, was standing on a roadside at night. I have yet to hear anyone suggest the driver is unaware of the crime.

That's because they saw the tire tracks which suggested the driver stopped and did nothing to help her. There are a lot of assumptions being made by all parties.

and I totally agree about your assessement of Rambo!! He hasn't even called to check on Connor so what's the big deal if he delivered the kid!!!

#24699   2013/10/31 02:00PM
    jamilah

Chadam gets home from the doctor after getting good news about Connor and Chelsea wants to move out. Sigh that just seems so cold.. She could atleast wait a few days to bring that up.

#24700   2013/10/31 02:05PM
    Laduree

Quote gardengal: Has Dylan even called to ask about Connor? My guess he hasn't bothered. Get the annulment silly! Boy is he proving to be his bio-mother's son with the illogical thinking.

Just add the incurious GCPD, et al to yet one more implausible aspect to this story. A little girl, dressed all in black on a highway...AT NIGHT. Gee wilikers! I hate this story more and more by the day, and I'm absolutely dreading the prospect of a citizens' tribunal to crucify our anti-hero. Adam is like Edward Scissorhands when everyone decided he was lower than dog turds, and tore after him like a pack of wild dogs.

« 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list