List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/12/19 11:48AM, Views: 1601159, Replies: 32080
    « 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 » »| page:
    #24631   2013/10/30 01:48PM
    Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING
    runslikeagirl

Quote jamilah:
    Quote TwoOfEach:
    Quote runslikeagirl:
    Quote TwoOfEach: Dylan is a moron. An annulment doesn't erase that he delivered Connor. It just means the marriage was a lie--which it was. Connor's bc has been changed; Dylan has no legal rights to the boy. As far as the law is concerned he never was the daddy. divorce or annulment makes zero difference.

Plus, he went to Leslie to represent him. Isn't that a conflict of interest since she's the one that handled terminating his parental rights? Isn't she basically on retainer with Adam? Maybe Twitter got some details wrong, or Dylan really is that obtuse.

I'm going to trust that the writers have zero concept of the legal term "conflict of interest" and let it go. After all Adam probably wouldn't object to Avery handling it.

Avery can't do it because of their personal relationship. Michael is in jail so by default its Leslie. Is this just a plot point to get Chylan in scenes again?

And that succinctly sums up my problem with the previous two writing regimes: everything is a plot point! Hopefully the new writers will go back to writing from character. Yes, there's only three lawyers on contract on Y&R, but the budget can't be so tight that they can't hire a glorified extra or under-5 actor, right? (Plus, with all the $ they're saving having every single scene happen at Chancellor Park, the budget should be practically cut in half by now, right?) Heck, just have Dylan on the phone having a one-sided convo with his off-screen lawyer, then running it by Avery so Avery can explain everything to him. I haven't seen her able to handle much acting beyond "exposition girl" anyway, so that'll keep her within her safe acting range.

#24632   2013/10/30 02:04PM
    TwoOfEach

On the bright side maybe we get Chelsea taking a quick trip to the Dominican when the po-po come for Adam. You just know Cricket's gonna want her as the star witness for the prosecution. I'd just die laughing if we got a Dec jail house wedding which ended with the cops having to release Adam.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/30 02:09PM
    #24633   2013/10/30 02:37PM
    Ari1

Just when I was beginning to tolerate Dylan scenes, poof, he turns back into a self-righteous boob.

Since their marriage was never consummated, isn't it invalid anyway? Someone should remind him that if he marries Avery, that will make her his first and only wife. Maybe we will get lucky and find out that Adam and Chelsea were never legally divorced so her marriage to Dylan was invalid.

#24634   2013/10/30 02:54PM
    3WishGenie

Quote Ari1: Just when I was beginning to tolerate Dylan scenes, poof, he turns back into a self-righteous boob.

Since their marriage was never consummated, isn't it invalid anyway? Someone should remind him that if he marries Avery, that will make her his first and only wife. Maybe we will get lucky and find out that Adam and Chelsea were never legally divorced so her marriage to Dylan was invalid.

Do I wish that was true!! Rambo still doesn't have braincells worth anything. He wants his marriage dissolved ASAP well the fastest way is an annulment!!

#24635   2013/10/30 02:54PM
    jamilah

Maybe Chelsea will be the one asking Dylan to annull the marriage? If she marries Adam they can't force her to testify against him if he is the main suspect of the hit&run.

#24636   2013/10/30 03:32PM
    Laduree

Quote TwoOfEach: Dylan is a moron. An annulment doesn't erase that he delivered Connor. It just means the marriage was a lie--which it was. Connor's bc has been changed; Dylan has no legal rights to the boy. As far as the law is concerned he never was the daddy. divorce or annulment makes zero difference.

I always felt like a creep hating on such a "great" guy, and a soldier to boot! After that little piece of bull caca...not anymore. That is beyond absurd. I really wish I could cuss right now. He's an a$$clown.

#24637   2013/10/30 03:35PM
    Laduree

Quote runslikeagirl:

Plus, he went to Leslie to represent him. Isn't that a conflict of interest since she's the one that handled terminating his parental rights? Isn't she basically on retainer with Adam? Maybe Twitter got some details wrong, or Dylan really is that obtuse.

Dylan really is that obtuse, and so are the writers of this show if they have Leslie representing him. Not that anyone cares what I do professionally, but I'm a paralegal, and have worked in this field my entire adult life. I'm sure we have some lawyers posting here as well. I've never worked in family law, but that would most certainly be a conflict of interest. It certainly looks unethical at the very least. We need more attorneys on Y&R. Where's Vance? Loved him!

#24638   2013/10/30 03:40PM
    jamilah

Leslie told Dylan to speak to Chelsea about filing the papers together as this would speed up the process. He doesn't want to wait for a year. She also told him its not a conflict of interest to represent him, since Connor's paternity case is a separate issue.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/30 03:41PM
    #24639   2013/10/30 03:43PM
    cdhg

Quote runslikeagirl:
    Quote jamilah: I hope this is not true but I read that the Chylan divorce may take 1 year to be granted. WTH

Only if Chelsea doesn't agree to go along with it. If she doesn't, then Dylan has to wait until they've been living apart for a year.

He could have gone with an annulment, which would have been much quicker, but according to Twitter (on today's CAN epi), he didn't want to because "despite his feelings about Chelsea, he doesn't want to erase the fact that he was the first one to hold the baby." So, yeah, it was all about Connor for him!!

This appears to be a plot point for something. I will share a few guesses.

Chelsea initially doesn't go along with it still hoping to work things out with Dylan. She might see him not going for the annulment as a positive sign. He might agree to this if he sees Adam going to jail with a chance to be in Connor's life.

Chelsea eventually decides to go along with it, but Dylan changes his mind after finding out about Nikki and the lies concerning his adoptive parents. This would be more of a revenge angle and/or to try to establish something regarding Connor. Dylan make get a little darker as his own paternity comes to light.

Chelsea goes along with it when her and Adam get closer and/or to marry him in order to not testify against him. Dylan could hold out with it, if he thinks he can be in Connor's life with Adam being in prison.

We need to be patient. Adam was in the waffling and confusion stages last fall. Chelsea may go through some of that.

I wonder if the issue of character witnesses could come in to play again. Both Chelsea and Sharon are being nicer to Adam now. However, both could be very damaging as character witnesses, so Chelsea marrying Adam might serve an important initial purpose that ends up serving a longer purpose.

This plot point regarding Dylan seems to make him look more sappy. Sweet is one thing, but sappy doesn't necessarily come across that well.

Would there be any possibility of Dylan and Chloe working together on something?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/30 03:48PM
    #24640   2013/10/30 03:49PM
    TwoOfEach

Quote Laduree:

I always felt like a creep hating on such a "great" guy, and a soldier to boot! After that little piece of bull caca...not anymore. That is beyond absurd. I really wish I could cuss right now. He's an a$$clown.

Every time I start feeling something for the sap, I get reminded why I hate him. I'm also Team Nick regarding the half-brother's hatred of the man--and I'm never team Nick for anything.

« 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list