List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/21 07:17AM, Views: 1534717, Replies: 31606
    « 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 » »| page:
    #24601   2013/10/29 10:04PM
    Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING
    cdhg

Quote TwoOfEach: Michael Muhney ‏@michaelmuhney 2h
    Nice to come home from a very emotional day of work and see that Peanut is coincidentally dressed as mini-me: pic.twitter.com/HgjyDsJpjL

Hmmm. Emotional scenes and they're probably about 6 weeks ahead in filming. Sounds like the Delia s/l wraps just in time for a Merry Christmas with Adam, Chelsea and Peanut.

I know they were further ahead than six weeks a while back, but the actors/actresses did have that week off recently. Six weeks puts things at Dec 10. So, if things are being filmed for the week of December 9-13, that puts us on the anniversary of Chelsea walking in on Shadam kissing and slapping Adam. Maybe we get some positive emotion from the MM tweet of a very emotional day or work.

#24602   2013/10/29 10:16PM
    cdhg

Quote Jeaniebean507: I see some new trolls posting Chelsea hate threads..some people just have no life,smh. They're just jealous baiters. Maybe I should report the baiting. I wouldn't even post; it's like having a battle of wits with an unarmed person

Lol, the Shadamned fans rallied to keep posting Chelsea hate. They are truly the most hateful people I have ever seen on forums. Glad I don't know any of them in real life.

I am biased towards Chadam as I type this, but from my perspective it seems that a segment of the Shadam fanbase gives me the worst impression of any fanbase. Maybe I do not pay close enough attention to other fanbases, but when I have visited the Villy and Nick/Sharon fan thread, I get a better feel or when I read tweets online from their supporters.

I do not know how things were regarding Shick vs. Phick or online or during the times that Lane and Villy have been split or when Cane was killed off.

Do Shadam fans criticize Nick, Shick, or their fans very often? Shick hasn't really been a couple in a long time, but would some of the wrath be turned towards Shick if they reunite? Would it be turned towards Dylan and Shylan, if Shylan become a couple?

Since Shadam began, Sharon has only been with Nick briefly, Sam for a few months, and Victor. From the Sharon side, there hasn't been many guys to criticize, I suppose.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/29 10:18PM
    #24603   2013/10/29 10:20PM
    cdhg

Laduree, I did notice on twitter, that CEL had been tweeted regarding you working on the video request.

#24604   2013/10/29 10:23PM
    Ari1

Quote Jeaniebean507: I see some new trolls posting Chelsea hate threads..some people just have no life,smh. They're just jealous baiters. Maybe I should report the baiting. I wouldn't even post; it's like having a battle of wits with an unarmed person

Lol, the Shadamned fans rallied to keep posting Chelsea hate. They are truly the most hateful people I have ever seen on forums. Glad I don't know any of them in real life.

I know! Let them stew in their hate. They only pleasure they seem to get on these threads is bashing Chelsea. It's called leveling. When you hate yourself you feel like you need to cut everyone down to your level. I don't take pleasure in the back and forth. I bring up the evidence of Adam's love for Chelsea. They can't refute it so they resort to name calling. It's very childish.

#24605   2013/10/29 10:25PM
    Jeaniebean507

Quote cdhg:

I am biased towards Chadam as I type this, but from my perspective it seems that a segment of the Shadam fanbase gives me the worst impression of any fanbase. Maybe I do not pay close enough attention to other fanbases, but when I have visited the Villy and Nick/Sharon fan thread, I get a better feel or when I read tweets online from their supporters.

I do not know how things were regarding Shick vs. Phick or online or during the times that Lane and Villy have been split or when Cane was killed off.

Do Shadam fans criticize Nick, Shick, or their fans very often? Shick hasn't really been a couple in a long time, but would some of the wrath be turned towards Shick if they reunite.

Since Shadam began, Sharon has only been with Nick briefly, Sam for a few months, and Victor. From the Sharon side, there hasn't been many guys to criticize, I suppose.

I'm biased toward Chadam as well My experiences posting in forums with Villy & Shick fans have all been nice and respectful. Only the Shadamned resort to name calling; I guess that's all they have. They just can't face it that Adam loves Chelsea. They do criticize Nick, calling him derogatory names as well. I just don't understand going into any thread that has Chelsea's name in the title to spew nasty names.

#24606   2013/10/30 12:09AM
    TwoOfEach

In my former life pre-kids, I worked on campaign strategy, so I understand the importance of controlling the narrative. I don't go into threads bashing Sharon or her supporters b/c name-calling turns people off; but I will tell my side of the story and clear up any inaccuracies.

I actually like Chelsea's messy past. She isn't some ice princess or fragile doll. She's a scrappy, street-smart pint-sized beauty who challenges Adam. She owns her former life but wants to be better. I think Adam admires that about her.

And its way too early in the story to say anything about a reunion that hasn't happened yet.

On the night Delia died, Chelsea told the doctor that Connor was three weeks old. At most, he's a month old in GC time. I don't know any parents of a newborn who get enough sleep to function properly, much less think about romance. You eat, drink, take care of the baby and sleep. Sometimes you even forget to shower. The last thing on your mind is nookie, passion or anything related to the act that created the baby. Add in the fact, that Adam has only known Peanut was his for a few weeks and then he might have hit Delia; sorry but sweeping Chelsea off her feet isn't on the agenda.

Doesn't mean, he doesn't love her though. Watching her cry over Dylan, covering her with a blanket, his response to her hug, pulling her close when she was sobbing about the baby going into surgery, the look on his face and in his eyes when she slapped him in the dream--all these things show how deeply Adam feels for Chelsea in spite of all the horrible things that have happened.

#24607   2013/10/30 04:47AM
    Laduree

Quote cdhg:
    Quote Laduree:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote Laduree:
    Quote TwoOfEach: I'm going to be blunt. November sweeps saved Chadam. Sony & CBS are all about the numbers and the key demos rebelled at the "delicious triangle." As bad as the summer of Chylan was, its ratings exceeded November 2012 sweeps in every measure. That's why I can say with every confidence that Shadam is never coming back at least not as long as Steve Kent and Angelica McD is in charge.

Was the suckage known as Chylan a ratings boost when not comparing it to the "delicious triangle" (that wasn't)?

Some of this is hard to determine since there are of course different characters, couples, writing, and stories to factor in. There was also the Summer paternity and Phyllis's exit from the show going on. My simple guess overall would be no, but I do not know specific demo numbers for each episode, but instead am just looking at overall viewer numbers for certain episodes.

The one age group that tended to do well in heavier Chylan weeks was the 18-34 women age group. I even noticed a spike in this group initially when SB came onto the show. This was not always the case, but some weeks faired well in that age group. When I say doing better, we are not talking about a large amount of viewers in the whole scheme of viewer ratings. For the 18-49 women age group the numbers were not that different from last summer either being up or down some. The 18-49 women age group appeared to be down when making comparisons to Winter and Spring 2013. It would seem that the numbers were weaker as the age increased due to the overall ratings.

I do not know specific episode demo numbers and a lot of things can be misleading when isolating certain things.

I think Chadam together and Dylan in a good story with someone else is the better path for ratings. I know I keep mentioning this, but fixing Sharon and having her in a good reunion story with Nick or maybe a good story with Dylan, I think would also attract viewer interest. I think the key stories right now are interesting, but there needs to be more balance with romance and some happiness. The simple saying would be that great writing is key in everything.

For the week of October 14-18, the 18-34 women demo group did well and the 18-49 women group moved up to a good level too. The 18-34 women group has been holding at a pretty good steady level in most weeks of late.

Overall numbers are up, so the viewers are coming from some where. The 25-54 women group may be doing well and then the women over 54 may also be doing real well. Maybe men are up too.

I do not know how viewing at cbs.com is factored in or how tweeting and social media gets factored in when it comes to catching TPTB interest, but it seems hard to figure ratings anymore IMO. There is also the TVGN. If DVR recordings and rewatching is including, I am not sure how they would get demo data from that. It would not hurt for people to play the episodes from CBS through without pausing or fast forwarding, I suppose, when Chadam have scenes together or when either Adam or Chelsea are in the episode.

Thanks cdhg! I don't know how to factor in all the different stories woven throughout certain time periods. Couples shippers like to take full credit when a week is good. They tried to do that with Chylan during the baby reveal, as if Adam's involvement had nothing to do with it.

There was an interesting thread about ratings months back (around late May/early June). A few of us chimed in. The one who started the thread is a Chadam fan, who hasn't posted in here in a while. It was a frustrating but interesting discussion in some ways.

The Chadam fan who started the thread mentioned Chadam as a reason ratings were up during the week of May 20-24. Chadam had scenes in three episodes that week, including longer scenes in the May 24 episode. Chylan was in place and it is early stages at this time.

The week itself was fair regarding HH ratings and overall viewer numbers, but it was one that did well in the 18-34 and 18-49 women demo groups.

Certain Shadam fans came ready to argue their viewpoints. One mentioned how much better the Shadam Tahoe wedding did in comparison wedding and pointed out some low episodes pertaining to Chadam. Chadam fans and other made good points. Shictor being together was one of the things pointed out regarding ratings issues from last year. In defense of Chadam there was mention of Chelsea being a newer character and Chadam a newer couple and time being needed to build a fanbase and support. There was mention of a Shadam episode that did not do well. There was also mention of how the entire show and ensemble has to be considered. I need to point out comparing the two weddings is a terrible comparison as ratings were higher in general at the time of the Tahoe wedding vs. 2012. One was a wedding tied to a certain story and the other was more of a romantic one on a Friday tied to the couple itself, Chadam.

In looking at ratings, Shadam has been a part of some great ratings days. However, it was either tied to or going on at times where big stories were going on or unfolding. The Tahoe wedding was tied in to a subsequent plane crash and the lie about Faith. The NOLA reunion and aftermath was tied in to angst with Nick and Victor and the fake murder of Skye and her disappearance. The January/February 2012 reunion was either surrounding or tied in to more angst with Victor, the Diane Jenkins murder mystery in its finishing stages, Patty Williams wrecking havoc, Jack getting shot, and the Kansas redemption story. Shadam has typically been tied in to people being in prison and certain plots.

The ratings were on the decline while Shadam was still in Kansas sharing scenes during February 2012, although some Shadam fans would argue their split in early March 2012 led to the decline. During times, when things have been more calm and normal the ratings have been more in the normal and average range with Shadam being together and/or having scenes together. The longer they were together, the ratings tended to level off at a lower level from the high impact moments.

I could point out isolated low ratings days for various different characters and couples. There are some that come to mind right now whether talking about Chadam, Shadam, Shick, Phick, Villy, and Chylan. TwoofEach mentioned November 2012 not being a good month, which was during the Chadam/Shadam triangle.

The overall state of the show and storytelling is crucial as momentum is key in certain weeks and periods.

I have done some study on ratings and certain ratings days. I would be better prepared for such a discussion the next time around should I want to engage in it. I could argue different positions and viewpoints. I feel that I could argue for and defend Chadam better now in such a debate involving Chadam vs. Shadam regarding episodes/ratings.

The Chadam proposal episode did better in ratings than the Valentine's Day episode from 2011 where Adam proposed to Sharon at Gloworm. The ratings in general were also better at that point in 2011 in comparison to the overall ratings not being good surrounding the time when the Chadam proposal took place.

It the writing and stories are not good, then it becomes more of a moot point regarding what couples are together. Any character or couple needs interesting stories and good writing. I do like the buzz that has been surrounding Chadam of late. It says a lot for the couple that their popularity has remained strong while being split. Chadam has lost some fans along the way, but has also gained fans. The positive buzz and popularity of the couple may be stronger now than it was last year. From my observations the ratings have been good in September and October and the show seems to be heading in a better direction.

Please tell me you were one of the ones contributing to that thread. Had I been commenting as a Shadam shipper I would have hoisted the white flag, and then found a corner to curl up into a fetal position and cry.

#24608   2013/10/30 04:52AM
    Laduree

Quote Spike1976:
    Quote Ari1:
    Quote Spike1976:
    Quote Ari1: Omg! I just watched today's show. It was so beautiful. When Delia's dog showed up at the end, I was sobbing. This should definitely be the Emmy submission. The tea party, Adam at the road side memorial, it was all just poetry. MM expressed so much emotion without out any lines. He was perfection. I think besides everyone saying goodbye to Delia, Chelsea was saying goodbye to her old life. There wasn't much sadness, just acceptance. Adam is reacting the way she wanted him to react when they lost their baby. It's all coming full circle. He just has to open up to her.

BM and EH really stole the show today. Those 2 really have great chemistry. I would really like to see them as a full blown couple.

Anita questioning Chelsea if her relationship with Adam is more than just Connor. Chelsea feels really comfortable being in the PH and if she thinks there is nothing more than just Connor then she's lying to herself. She can't live in that PH forever and just cohabitate with Adam. You can tell she's starting to fall for him again.

One thing I've noticed is Chelsea seems to have let go of her anger. She no longer speaks harshly to Adam. It's all concern and caring. When she told Anita that watching Adam with the baby reminded her of the old Adam, I knew she was a goner.

I even notice that she took a slight offense when Anita said that Adam couldn't give her what Dylan did.

I took Anita's line about Adam not being able to measure up to the tool as foreshadowing. Chelsea misjudged Adam completely on the daddy issue, and now Anita is drawing inaccurate conclusions about Adam. Not that Dylan raised the bar (warehouse anyone?), but not only will Adam meet Chelsea's expectations; he will exceed them.

#24609   2013/10/30 04:58AM
    Laduree

Quote Ari1:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote Laduree:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote Laduree:
    Quote TwoOfEach: I'm going to be blunt. November sweeps saved Chadam. Sony & CBS are all about the numbers and the key demos rebelled at the "delicious triangle." As bad as the summer of Chylan was, its ratings exceeded November 2012 sweeps in every measure. That's why I can say with every confidence that Shadam is never coming back at least not as long as Steve Kent and Angelica McD is in charge.

Was the suckage known as Chylan a ratings boost when not comparing it to the "delicious triangle" (that wasn't)?

Some of this is hard to determine since there are of course different characters, couples, writing, and stories to factor in. There was also the Summer paternity and Phyllis's exit from the show going on. My simple guess overall would be no, but I do not know specific demo numbers for each episode, but instead am just looking at overall viewer numbers for certain episodes.

The one age group that tended to do well in heavier Chylan weeks was the 18-34 women age group. I even noticed a spike in this group initially when SB came onto the show. This was not always the case, but some weeks faired well in that age group. When I say doing better, we are not talking about a large amount of viewers in the whole scheme of viewer ratings. For the 18-49 women age group the numbers were not that different from last summer either being up or down some. The 18-49 women age group appeared to be down when making comparisons to Winter and Spring 2013. It would seem that the numbers were weaker as the age increased due to the overall ratings.

I do not know specific episode demo numbers and a lot of things can be misleading when isolating certain things.

I think Chadam together and Dylan in a good story with someone else is the better path for ratings. I know I keep mentioning this, but fixing Sharon and having her in a good reunion story with Nick or maybe a good story with Dylan, I think would also attract viewer interest. I think the key stories right now are interesting, but there needs to be more balance with romance and some happiness. The simple saying would be that great writing is key in everything.

For the week of October 14-18, the 18-34 women demo group did well and the 18-49 women group moved up to a good level too. The 18-34 women group has been holding at a pretty good steady level in most weeks of late.

Overall numbers are up, so the viewers are coming from some where. The 25-54 women group may be doing well and then the women over 54 may also be doing real well. Maybe men are up too.

I do not know how viewing at cbs.com is factored in or how tweeting and social media gets factored in when it comes to catching TPTB interest, but it seems hard to figure ratings anymore IMO. There is also the TVGN. If DVR recordings and rewatching is including, I am not sure how they would get demo data from that. It would not hurt for people to play the episodes from CBS through without pausing or fast forwarding, I suppose, when Chadam have scenes together or when either Adam or Chelsea are in the episode.

Thanks cdhg! I don't know how to factor in all the different stories woven throughout certain time periods. Couples shippers like to take full credit when a week is good. They tried to do that with Chylan during the baby reveal, as if Adam's involvement had nothing to do with it.

There was an interesting thread about ratings months back (around late May/early June). A few of us chimed in. The one who started the thread is a Chadam fan, who hasn't posted in here in a while. It was a frustrating but interesting discussion in some ways.

The Chadam fan who started the thread mentioned Chadam as a reason ratings were up during the week of May 20-24. Chadam had scenes in three episodes that week, including longer scenes in the May 24 episode. Chylan was in place and it is early stages at this time.

The week itself was fair regarding HH ratings and overall viewer numbers, but it was one that did well in the 18-34 and 18-49 women demo groups.

Certain Shadam fans came ready to argue their viewpoints. One mentioned how much better the Shadam Tahoe wedding did in comparison wedding and pointed out some low episodes pertaining to Chadam. Chadam fans and other made good points. Shictor being together was one of the things pointed out regarding ratings issues from last year. In defense of Chadam there was mention of Chelsea being a newer character and Chadam a newer couple and time being needed to build a fanbase and support. There was mention of a Shadam episode that did not do well. There was also mention of how the entire show and ensemble has to be considered. I need to point out comparing the two weddings is a terrible comparison as ratings were higher in general at the time of the Tahoe wedding vs. 2012. One was a wedding tied to a certain story and the other was more of a romantic one on a Friday tied to the couple itself, Chadam.

In looking at ratings, Shadam has been a part of some great ratings days. However, it was either tied to or going on at times where big stories were going on or unfolding. The Tahoe wedding was tied in to a subsequent plane crash and the lie about Faith. The NOLA reunion and aftermath was tied in to angst with Nick and Victor and the fake murder of Skye and her disappearance. The January/February 2012 reunion was either surrounding or tied in to more angst with Victor, the Diane Jenkins murder mystery in its finishing stages, Patty Williams wrecking havoc, Jack getting shot, and the Kansas redemption story. Shadam has typically been tied in to people being in prison and certain plots.

The ratings were on the decline while Shadam was still in Kansas sharing scenes during February 2012, although some Shadam fans would argue their split in early March 2012 led to the decline. During times, when things have been more calm and normal the ratings have been more in the normal and average range with Shadam being together and/or having scenes together. The longer they were together, the ratings tended to level off at a lower level from the high impact moments.

I could point out isolated low ratings days for various different characters and couples. There are some that come to mind right now whether talking about Chadam, Shadam, Shick, Phick, Villy, and Chylan. TwoofEach mentioned November 2012 not being a good month, which was during the Chadam/Shadam triangle.

The overall state of the show and storytelling is crucial as momentum is key in certain weeks and periods.

I have done some study on ratings and certain ratings days. I would be better prepared for such a discussion the next time around should I want to engage in it. I could argue different positions and viewpoints. I feel that I could argue for and defend Chadam better now in such a debate involving Chadam vs. Shadam regarding episodes/ratings.

The Chadam proposal episode did better in ratings than the Valentine's Day episode from 2011 where Adam proposed to Sharon at Gloworm. The ratings in general were also better at that point in 2011 in comparison to the overall ratings not being good surrounding the time when the Chadam proposal took place.

It the writing and stories are not good, then it becomes more of a moot point regarding what couples are together. Any character or couple needs interesting stories and good writing. I do like the buzz that has been surrounding Chadam of late. It says a lot for the couple that their popularity has remained strong while being split. Chadam has lost some fans along the way, but has also gained fans. The positive buzz and popularity of the couple may be stronger now than it was last year. From my observations the ratings have been good in September and October and the show seems to be heading in a better direction.

If Shadam was such a ratings getter, they would be a couple, period. It's so ridiculous when Shadam fans say tptb of afraid of the power of Shadam. Gmab. TV is about the bottom line. Nothing else. .

They weren't afraid to violently kill a child, but they're shaking in their boots over the power of Shadam? Um...yeah, no.

#24610   2013/10/30 05:03AM
    Laduree

Quote cdhg:

Do Shadam fans criticize Nick, Shick, or their fans very often? Shick hasn't really been a couple in a long time, but would some of the wrath be turned towards Shick if they reunite? Would it be turned towards Dylan and Shylan, if Shylan become a couple?

I think the Shadamettes are particularly bitter because Adam was ALWAYS panting after Sharon. He was basically a one woman guy with his heart..until Chelsea. They come off as a real married couple with problems to sort out and that scares and dismays them.

« 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list