List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/15 10:17PM, Views: 1506936, Replies: 31409
    « 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 » »| page:
    #24561   2013/10/29 02:12PM
    Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING
    TwoOfEach

Spoilers have Chloe becoming extremely attached to Connor making both Adam and Chelsea uncomfortable.

I think the C-squared friendship is toast. Even before Adam's secret gets out.

#24562   2013/10/29 02:18PM
    cdhg

Quote TwoOfEach: Spoilers have Chloe becoming extremely attached to Connor making both Adam and Chelsea uncomfortable.

That is an interesting twist. I did not see that coming. This is something we haven't speculated on in this thread.

Does anyone think that Chloe would try to kidnap or take the baby or get Chadam in trouble in some way?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/29 02:20PM
    #24563   2013/10/29 02:36PM
    Ari1

Quote cdhg:
    Quote TwoOfEach: Spoilers have Chloe becoming extremely attached to Connor making both Adam and Chelsea uncomfortable.

That is an interesting twist. I did not see that coming. This is something we haven't speculated on in this thread.

Does anyone think that Chloe would try to kidnap or take the baby or get Chadam in trouble in some way?

Wow! I could see Chloe kidnap the baby. The irony of Chloe warning Chelsea that Adam would take the baby and she ends up stealing the baby would be epic. When she finds out Adam may have hit Delia, she might think in her overly emotional state that Chadam owe her so she runs off with Conner.

That being said, I doubt any of this will happen. It's a bit over the top.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/29 02:38PM
    #24564   2013/10/29 02:43PM
    cdhg

Quote Ari1:
    Quote cdhg:

Wow! I could see Chloe kidnap the baby. The irony of Chloe warning Chelsea that Adam would take the baby and she ends up stealing the baby would be epic. When she finds out Adam may have hit Delia, she might think in her overly emotional state that Chadam owe her so she runs off with Conner.

So far it seems that this regime typically does not go as far as we sometimes predict or speculate. I guess by not going as far it makes things more realistic.

With that being said, we have discussed Dylan taking the baby, except for the brief PTSD kidnapping, and Victor taking the baby, but we never discussed the possibility of Chloe taking the baby.

You definitely point out the irony of Chloe taking the baby while warning Chelsea all that time about Adam taking the baby.

#24565   2013/10/29 03:10PM
    3WishGenie

I don't think Chloe is going to do anything to Connor. She misses her daughter and looking into Connor's eyes its like she can see Delia. This is just another way to make Adam feel more guilty.

#24566   2013/10/29 04:29PM
    runslikeagirl

To cdhg (or anyone):

Call me a glutton for punishment, but I've been trying to locate the Shadam episodes from earlier this year when they were having their "meaningless sex" phase. I stopped watching during that time, and now I'd like to see for myself this "amazing" chemistry they have. (I was watching during the NOLA period, but can't remember being blown away by their chemistry. SunGirlLand skips over anything Chadam, so I'm at a loss. Any idea where I could find the links?

You can email me. Thanks!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/29 04:33PM
    #24567   2013/10/29 04:35PM
    Spike1976

Quote cdhg:
    Quote Ari1:
    Quote cdhg:

So far it seems that this regime typically does not go as far as we sometimes predict or speculate. I guess by not going as far it makes things more realistic.

With that being said, we have discussed Dylan taking the baby, except for the brief PTSD kidnapping, and Victor taking the baby, but we never discussed the possibility of Chloe taking the baby.

You definitely point out the irony of Chloe taking the baby while warning Chelsea all that time about Adam taking the baby.

I don't know if they will have Chloe kidnap Connor. That's too many kidnapping in a short period of time. I think Chloe around is just to create more Chadam angst since they don't have enough (LOL).

I can actually see Chloe stalking Connor as a way to create a relationship with Dylan. They would have Connor in common.

#24568   2013/10/29 04:35PM
    Laduree

Quote cdhg:
    Quote Laduree:
    Quote TwoOfEach: I'm going to be blunt. November sweeps saved Chadam. Sony & CBS are all about the numbers and the key demos rebelled at the "delicious triangle." As bad as the summer of Chylan was, its ratings exceeded November 2012 sweeps in every measure. That's why I can say with every confidence that Shadam is never coming back at least not as long as Steve Kent and Angelica McD is in charge.

Was the suckage known as Chylan a ratings boost when not comparing it to the "delicious triangle" (that wasn't)?

Some of this is hard to determine since there are of course different characters, couples, writing, and stories to factor in. There was also the Summer paternity and Phyllis's exit from the show going on. My simple guess overall would be no, but I do not know specific demo numbers for each episode, but instead am just looking at overall viewer numbers for certain episodes.

The one age group that tended to do well in heavier Chylan weeks was the 18-34 women age group. I even noticed a spike in this group initially when SB came onto the show. This was not always the case, but some weeks faired well in that age group. When I say doing better, we are not talking about a large amount of viewers in the whole scheme of viewer ratings. For the 18-49 women age group the numbers were not that different from last summer either being up or down some. The 18-49 women age group appeared to be down when making comparisons to Winter and Spring 2013. It would seem that the numbers were weaker as the age increased due to the overall ratings.

I do not know specific episode demo numbers and a lot of things can be misleading when isolating certain things.

I think Chadam together and Dylan in a good story with someone else is the better path for ratings. I know I keep mentioning this, but fixing Sharon and having her in a good reunion story with Nick or maybe a good story with Dylan, I think would also attract viewer interest. I think the key stories right now are interesting, but there needs to be more balance with romance and some happiness. The simple saying would be that great writing is key in everything.

For the week of October 14-18, the 18-34 women demo group did well and the 18-49 women group moved up to a good level too. The 18-34 women group has been holding at a pretty good steady level in most weeks of late.

Overall numbers are up, so the viewers are coming from some where. The 25-54 women group may be doing well and then the women over 54 may also be doing real well. Maybe men are up too.

I do not know how viewing at cbs.com is factored in or how tweeting and social media gets factored in when it comes to catching TPTB interest, but it seems hard to figure ratings anymore IMO. There is also the TVGN. If DVR recordings and rewatching is including, I am not sure how they would get demo data from that. It would not hurt for people to play the episodes from CBS through without pausing or fast forwarding, I suppose, when Chadam have scenes together or when either Adam or Chelsea are in the episode.

Thanks cdhg! I don't know how to factor in all the different stories woven throughout certain time periods. Couples shippers like to take full credit when a week is good. They tried to do that with Chylan during the baby reveal, as if Adam's involvement had nothing to do with it.

#24569   2013/10/29 04:40PM
    Laduree

Chloe all up in Chadam's grill over Connor. Hmmm...now that's a twist I hadn't counted on. Sigh...I'm so sick of Chloe. Call me heartless, but even throughout this Delia saga, I just can't forget what she did to Adam. She didn't care if Adam never knew he had a son. That's just heartless.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/29 04:40PM
    #24570   2013/10/29 05:07PM
    justtwocents

Quote Gemini50:
    Quote jamilah:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote jamilah:
    Quote 3WishGenie:
    Quote jamilah: I wouldn't consider Anita propping Dylan. All she said to Chelsea was she knows her heart belongs to Dylan and she was looking forward to raising Connor with him. Then Chelsea responded by saying Dylan's heart doesn't belong to her because she hurt him too much. Then they were back to talking about Adam and Chelsea says he is so emotional and watching him being a dad reminds her of the old Adam. Anita calls the PH a high class prison and that she could get use to living like that. Chelsea still don't know Adam is in love with her. Once he tells her it will be Dylan who.

Boy did they do a 180 on Anita! 3 months ago she was all about the Benjamins and telling Adam the truth now she wants Rambo and his shack?? Glad Chelsea set her straight!

The way how Anita was gushing about the PH, I think she only ask about Dylan because she thought thats what Chelsea wanted to hear. Now that she see that Chelsea is happy living with Adam she won't mention him again.

Jamilah, TwoofEach mentioned there being Chadam scenes in today's Canadian. Have you had the chance to watch those scenes, and if so can you provide a recap and thoughts about those scenes? Thanks.

Chadam arrived home at the PH with Connor. Both looking at him in the bassinet. It was a cute moment for first time parents. Chelsea told Adam about the funeral and he ask her if she plans to attend.She told him she didn't want to leave the baby, first few hours are critical. Adam offer to send flowers from both of them. Anita arrived shortly and Adam said he would leave them alone. Chelsea told him he didn't have to leave. She had her convo with Anita. Adam went to the funeral stayed outside the church looking devastated. He went back to the PH and was looking as if he was in a daze. Chelsea ask what was wrong but he just started talking about losing a child. I can't remember the dialogue. He held the baby, then Chloe arrived and said everytime she looks at Connor she sees Delia. Adam gave her the baby, both him and Chloe had tears in their eyes.

I would say it was a good Chadam episode. It had its highs and lows. Chelsea is acting very comfortable at the PH and I don't see her leaving anytime soon. She is very worried about Adam and she will support him once everything is out. I think she has accepted that her marriage is over, which mirrors what MCE said in her interview that Chelsea realize that she is not going to get Dylan back.

Adam didn't tell Chelsea that he went to the funeral. Very sad day for Adam he is really suffering.

I think I remember (I hope I'm right) Adam saying you can start a new company, you can fix a relationship (love this one) but death is final....fixing the relationship part was
    quite telling.

Hi Gemini!

That was my favorite line of the day..."relationships can be repaired."

Oh yea!!!

« 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list