List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/30 04:59PM, Views: 1494113, Replies: 31275
    « 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 » »| page:
    #24551   2013/10/29 12:30PM
    Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING
    Spike1976

Quote gardengal:
    Quote Spike1976:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote Spike1976:
    Quote TwoOfEach: I'll be honest here. I do think that JG intended to reunite Shadam at first. The writing was clearly pointing in that direction from mid-October to mid-December last year, but it didn't happen (I'll save the why for another post). Shadam fans did get jerked around.

However, the handwriting was on the wall on Christmas Day. Any one who has been watching soaps for more than 5 minutes knew that Chelsea was going to be pregnant after the NYE episode and Valentine's Day sealed the deal. It wasn't like the writing magically went bad for Shadam in March or May like some claim. It went bad the last week of 2012.

So I'm cautious about crowing over a Chadam reunion. The number whores at CBS and Sony determine story now, not what makes good narrative. But I feel confident our couple will deliver. I also think the scenes we're looking forward to have already been filmed so even if it doesn't last we'll have something to hold onto other than empty promises.

I didn't watch live but just clips from YT but it didn't seem like they were reuniting them. It looked like they just used Sharon as angst for Chadam then they decided to add Dylan to the mix when SBu got hired. They needed the angst because they were too happy of a couple. Sharon was the one that was declaring to herself how much Adam saved her but Adam on the other hand wanted to help her due to guilt. Even when he told Sharon that he will do anything for her, it still sounded like empty promises because Sharon knew Adam wouldn't have fully his heart. They just had Adam's feelings confused due to losing his child and using Sharon as an escape goat.

What I don't get is audience saying that they had been had? It's a story and stories have different twist. There is no such things as an absolute when it comes to stories.. I can say that Chadam look like they are heading for a reunion base on where the story is heading but it's not absolute.

I can go from doubtful and pessimistic to overconfident at times. Great points about how there are not absolutes when it comes to stories. I need to remember to be confident but not overconfident.

I have mixed feelings regarding whether JG was planning to reunite Shadam to something serious. I know there are interviews alluding to him going that route, along with other info that has been discussed about the situation. If he planned on it and changed his mind, then it seems it had to happen quickly due to how far they tape in advance, but certain things could have been taped not as far in advance and scripts adjusted along the way. I can see where things were pointing towards Shadam, especially for a couple of months after the miscarriage, but I can also see the angst for Chadam angle too. I would have preferred a different route for the angst, if that was the planned route though.

Even in the December 10, 2012 episode where Chelsea caught Shadam kissing, there were pro-Chadam things to take from that episode with both talking about iconic moments that each had regarding the other. I can see things even pointing to back to Chadam then, even though things got worse leading up to Adam's Christmas Dream.

I am not sure about SA and JP's writing style and pacing, but JG seemed to be more of a slow pacing storyteller. IMO, any writing team typically needs to follow through with the foreshadowing and course of direction. I think you can build and maintain viewers with good narratives and carrying forward the reunion stories in the proper manner and direction. The build up to the reunion, moment of reunion, and great moments after the reunion are all part of the picture regarding viewer interest. Isolated weeks and/or episodes regarding ratings can be misleading at times whether in the direction we want things to go or not. Various factors can go into ratings for certain weeks or episodes. This is not to downplay certain weeks, episodes, or ratings, but simply to say there are various things to consider. There are so many important factors to consider IMO, and those factors are a cumulative thing over a proper course of time.

He seems to like a lot of angst in his storytelling. I'm sure he wanted to break Chadam up because they were too happy. Writers like to mislead viewers of are they or aren't they to get the viewers attention but it's not set in stone. Since they are 2 months ahead of filming, it probably takes about 3 months to change the direction of the story.

SBu started filming around December and his first air date was end of January. JG probably knew they were negotiating his contract around late November. I'm sure ideas are being thrown already before the contract had been signed and how they want the character to be. I wouldn't be surprise that it takes about 6 months ahead in producing 1 contract character. Regarding Shadam, JG probably already had it his mind 6 months ahead that they will just be temporary.

My impression of the whole thing last year was they were going to do Shadam until they realized that Chadam was more popular than all those pestering shippers suggested. Adam after the fire rescue was declaring how incapable he was of living without Sharon. Then the Chadam slap happen, and there was a noticeable shift in how they were writing Adam's emotions prior to the mini reunion. They really nailed the Shadam coffin after Feb when Adam kept declaring his total love for Chelsea to Sharon.

I've no doubt SB signing did factor into Chadam, but I kinda think JG had already decided to make Chadam his Niktor. This is pure conjecture on my part, but MCE's and MM's acting in the fight scenes likely saved Chadam.

I think they used the Shadam vs. Chadam triangle as a rating boost, if it worked then they would have continued with the triangle 6 months after the initial even though they had Chelsea pregnant with Adam's child. They would just have Adam be torn between the two women. Since the triangle didn't really help ratings then they continued as is and used other aspect to create angst.

I'm sure the writers also wanted Sharon back in Nick's orbit too.

#24552   2013/10/29 12:33PM
    cdhg

Quote Laduree:
    Quote TwoOfEach: I'm going to be blunt. November sweeps saved Chadam. Sony & CBS are all about the numbers and the key demos rebelled at the "delicious triangle." As bad as the summer of Chylan was, its ratings exceeded November 2012 sweeps in every measure. That's why I can say with every confidence that Shadam is never coming back at least not as long as Steve Kent and Angelica McD is in charge.

Was the suckage known as Chylan a ratings boost when not comparing it to the "delicious triangle" (that wasn't)?

Some of this is hard to determine since there are of course different characters, couples, writing, and stories to factor in. There was also the Summer paternity and Phyllis's exit from the show going on. My simple guess overall would be no, but I do not know specific demo numbers for each episode, but instead am just looking at overall viewer numbers for certain episodes.

The one age group that tended to do well in heavier Chylan weeks was the 18-34 women age group. I even noticed a spike in this group initially when SB came onto the show. This was not always the case, but some weeks faired well in that age group. When I say doing better, we are not talking about a large amount of viewers in the whole scheme of viewer ratings. For the 18-49 women age group the numbers were not that different from last summer either being up or down some. The 18-49 women age group appeared to be down when making comparisons to Winter and Spring 2013. It would seem that the numbers were weaker as the age increased due to the overall ratings.

I do not know specific episode demo numbers and a lot of things can be misleading when isolating certain things.

I think Chadam together and Dylan in a good story with someone else is the better path for ratings. I know I keep mentioning this, but fixing Sharon and having her in a good reunion story with Nick or maybe a good story with Dylan, I think would also attract viewer interest. I think the key stories right now are interesting, but there needs to be more balance with romance and some happiness. The simple saying would be that great writing is key in everything.

For the week of October 14-18, the 18-34 women demo group did well and the 18-49 women group moved up to a good level too. The 18-34 women group has been holding at a pretty good steady level in most weeks of late.

Overall numbers are up, so the viewers are coming from some where. The 25-54 women group may be doing well and then the women over 54 may also be doing real well. Maybe men are up too.

I do not know how viewing at cbs.com is factored in or how tweeting and social media gets factored in when it comes to catching TPTB interest, but it seems hard to figure ratings anymore IMO. There is also the TVGN. If DVR recordings and rewatching is including, I am not sure how they would get demo data from that. It would not hurt for people to play the episodes from CBS through without pausing or fast forwarding, I suppose, when Chadam have scenes together or when either Adam or Chelsea are in the episode.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/29 12:37PM
    #24553   2013/10/29 12:34PM
    Spike1976

Quote Ari1:
    Quote Ari1: I can see Chloe and Billy going ballistic when they find out Adam is a suspect. You know they'll think he purposely killed Delia for her corneas. But I'm also thinking that they both might turn on Chelsea as well thinking she was part of this scam. They might think she purposely ran into them crying about Conner so that they'd feel guilty and agree to donate the corneas. I know this sounds absurd, but Billy and Chloe both hated Chelsea when she first came to town. They know she is a con. It wouldn't be that far fetched for them to jump to that conclusion. They are both overly emotional now so they might not be thinking straight. It would sure change things if both Chelsea and Adam are wrongfully accused.

^^^
    I posted this earlier and was wondering if anyone else sees this story playing out this way.

I could see it. The Chelsea and Chloe friendship seems temporary. It's practically one-sided. Chloe only got close to Chelsea when her marriage started falling apart. If their friendship was on different circumstances then I say it's everlasting but it seems conditional. When Chelsea gets back with Adam, then I could see Chloe turning her back on Chelsea.

#24554   2013/10/29 12:44PM
    Spike1976

I didn't think Chylan was bad and SBu brought in new viewers like me. I even thought MCE and SBu have chemistry and still do but I knew they were just a temporary couple because Dylan was still establishing his character in the canvas. If Chylan helped any rating boost for certain demographics it's because SBu most likely brought in viewers from GH who never watched Y&R.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/29 12:45PM
    #24555   2013/10/29 12:45PM
    cdhg

Quote Spike1976:
    Quote Ari1:
    Quote Ari1: I can see Chloe and Billy going ballistic when they find out Adam is a suspect. You know they'll think he purposely killed Delia for her corneas. But I'm also thinking that they both might turn on Chelsea as well thinking she was part of this scam. They might think she purposely ran into them crying about Conner so that they'd feel guilty and agree to donate the corneas. I know this sounds absurd, but Billy and Chloe both hated Chelsea when she first came to town. They know she is a con. It wouldn't be that far fetched for them to jump to that conclusion. They are both overly emotional now so they might not be thinking straight. It would sure change things if both Chelsea and Adam are wrongfully accused.

^^^
    I posted this earlier and was wondering if anyone else sees this story playing out this way.

I could see it. The Chelsea and Chloe friendship seems temporary. It's practically one-sided. Chloe only got close to Chelsea when her marriage started falling apart. If their friendship was on different circumstances then I say it's everlasting but it seems conditional. When Chelsea gets back with Adam, then I could see Chloe turning her back on Chelsea.

I agree with both of you here on where things could be headed. MCE both play feisty characters that you can love to love or love to hate well. Both are shorter actresses who can play fierce well. It is funny how MCE is short, but seems like a towering presence when around EH, since EH is real short and petite. Chelsea and Chloe can play the friendship part well, but them sparring could make for interesting stuff. I have seen a little of that from them in the past.

Ari, I agree with you that I could see Billy and Chelsea go ballistic and start thinking Adam did it intentionally and that Chelsea may have conned them. If Chloe sees Chelsea getting closer to Adam, then that may raise her suspicions even more.

You are right that Billy and Chloe are not going to be thinking straight and may think the worst.

#24556   2013/10/29 12:56PM
    cdhg

Quote Spike1976: I didn't think Chylan was bad and SBu brought in new viewers like me. I even thought MCE and SBu have chemistry and still do but I knew they were just a temporary couple because Dylan was still establishing his character in the canvas. If Chylan helped any rating boost for certain demographics it's because SBu most likely brought in viewers from GH who never watched Y&R.

I think SB helped as well. He brought in new viewers who started watching to watch him and/or continued watching because of him or other things about the show they enjoyed watching. I know you fit the last part of that sentence. I know that the week of October 14-18 did well with him only appearing in one episode, but if utilized properly he is a plus to the show IMO. I think one key is him being a part of the show/key part of the show, but not too much of the show. Davery could garner the support, if written effectively, allowing viewers to see it before their eyes, vs. the backstory IMO. I think Dylan being paired with Sharon or Chloe would attract a following too.

I noticed he has a large number of followers on twitter when comparing him to other Y&R actors. He has definitely built up a fanbase over the years. I was surprised at the number of twitter followers for Daniel Goddard. He is blowing people away in that category.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/29 12:57PM
    #24557   2013/10/29 01:18PM
    TwoOfEach

Chloe is going to feel profoundly betrayed if Chelsea doesn't join the mob burning Adam at the stake but I doubt that she will think Chelsea conned Chilly

#24558   2013/10/29 01:21PM
    Spike1976

Quote cdhg:
    Quote Spike1976: I didn't think Chylan was bad and SBu brought in new viewers like me. I even thought MCE and SBu have chemistry and still do but I knew they were just a temporary couple because Dylan was still establishing his character in the canvas. If Chylan helped any rating boost for certain demographics it's because SBu most likely brought in viewers from GH who never watched Y&R.

I think SB helped as well. He brought in new viewers who started watching to watch him and/or continued watching because of him or other things about the show they enjoyed watching. I know you fit the last part of that sentence. I know that the week of October 14-18 did well with him only appearing in one episode, but if utilized properly he is a plus to the show IMO. I think one key is him being a part of the show/key part of the show, but not too much of the show. Davery could garner the support, if written effectively, allowing viewers to see it before their eyes, vs. the backstory IMO. I think Dylan being paired with Sharon or Chloe would attract a following too.

I noticed he has a large number of followers on twitter when comparing him to other Y&R actors. He has definitely built up a fanbase over the years. I was surprised at the number of twitter followers for Daniel Goddard. He is blowing people away in that category.

I like the idea of seeing who Dylan will have chemistry with rather than throwing him in with someone. He needs a slow build to find his leading lady. Heck, I'll even consider Hilary as a test subject. SBu as Jason had been in an interracial relationship in his early days. The only character besides Dylan that is completely alone is Hilary.

I didn't mind the idea of Sharon and Dylan but with Dylan being Nikki's child she needs someone else like Stitch but it looks like Shick is heading for a reunion. They have to mix the contract players with the recurring, it's the only way for new characters to gain more followers.

Alex is a great and he needs a leading lady. They could chem test him with Summer. The NuKyle needs to be recast again and it just seemed they threw in Summer and Kyle's feelings in order to work with the story but it's a flop. I don't know why they got rid of the old one.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/29 01:25PM
    #24559   2013/10/29 01:31PM
    cdhg

Quote Spike1976:
    Quote cdhg:

I like the idea of seeing who Dylan will have chemistry with rather than throwing him in with someone. He needs a slow build to find his leading lady. Heck, I'll even consider Hilary as a test subject. SBu as Jason had been in an interracial relationship in his early days. The only character besides Dylan that is completely alone is Hilary.

I didn't mind the idea of Sharon and Dylan but with Dylan being Nikki's child she needs someone else like Stitch but it looks like Shick is heading for a reunion. They have to mix the contract players with the recurring, it's the only way for new characters to gain more followers.

Alex is a great and he needs a leading lady. They could chem test him with Summer. The NuKyle needs to be recast again and it just seemed they threw in Summer and Kyle's feelings in order to work with the story but it's a flop. I don't know why they got rid of the old one.

Dylan and Hillary seems odd but at the same time intriguing. You make great points about seeing where the chemistry is vs. throwing things together.

Stitch already has an off canvas family, so the writers would need to do something there, if they planning on pairing Stitch with a character on the show. I guess they could bring on new characters for his family, but then you have new characters with new characters. I believe he is still on recurring status.

I think Alex has a lot of potential and needs to be a contract character. I find him interesting.

I liked the old Kyle better too. I think Summer has potential and it will be a matter of finding the right match, whether that is Kyle or not.

Hillary is supposed to have a surprise friend, I think, from the spoilers. I doubt that is Dylan, but we will see who that will be.

#24560   2013/10/29 01:46PM
    Spike1976

Some characters just have the luck of the draw. Chelsea was brought in to create havoc for Billy and Victoria. They threw in Adam in the mix for a chem test and it worked. If it failed, they would have Chelsea heading in a different direction but the viewers and writers saw the potential and continued.

« 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list