List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/16 10:39PM, Views: 1507834, Replies: 31421
    « 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 » »| page:
    #24021   2013/10/16 07:59PM
    Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING
    cdhg

Quote jamilah: From the Shelley Altman Interview her comment about Chadam.

MICHAEL:

Courtesy/IMDB
    Then we have Adam (Michael Muhney) realizing Connor was his son and the little boy losing his eyesight, maybe permanently. And if that wasn’t enough, then came the launch of the big story last Friday … the hit and run accident that killed Billy (Billy Miller) and Chloe’s (Elizabeth Hendrickson) young daughter Delia (Sophie Pollono)! So, a decision was made to kill the character to open up the story for many of the other central characters on the canvas? Many fans have been quite vocal and outraged that Y&R killed-off a child character.

SHELLY:

It is the ultimate human drama for people to have to deal with. Soaps are in the business of family drama, and it’s the biggest tragedy anyone should have ever to deal with … you should not be burying your own child. The stories it will create for the relationships of almost everybody on the canvas are huge. Billy and Chloe’s ability to cope with the death of their child affects Billy’s relationship with Victoria, and Chloe’s relationship with Kevin (Greg Rikaart). Connor now will see the world through Delia’s eyes, metaphorically, and that will be huge. Chelsea (Melissa Claire Egan) being Chloe’s best friend and how this will affect them is important. And also throughout this, Adam is being humanized becoming a father himself, and his and Chelsea’s relationship will be affected greatly by this event. They will be living together with their child in close proximity, and looking at the world as a family. It will change how they perceive each other as well.

I think on the surface this sounds positive for Chadam. Their relationship has been strained for a very long time. There would really be no point for the storyline if their relationship went downhill as it is already at a low point. I know there have been some bonding lately. Now, if they start healing with the lie looming for a while, that will be rough, but I see Adam and Chelsea drawing closer while Chelsea and Chloe's relationship will be strained. Chelsea and Chloe currently have a good relationship, so it be affected seems that it will become strained. A tragedy pulled Chadam apart last year, and I see it pulling them together this year.

I thought SA answered the question well. It was neat how she explained it affecting the different relationships.

#24022   2013/10/16 08:00PM
    Ari1

Quote jamilah:
    Quote Ari1:
    Quote Gemini50: I adore CHADAM and am soooooooooo starved for romance from them, the wait is driving me crazy, if it ever happens.

I think Chelsea is being quite supportive and considerate to Adam's feelings trusting what he wants to do.

I loved when she gave him Peanut to hold bc daddy needed him.

Hope they show some feelings soon bc honestly I cant and don't want to wait months and months....with more angst and twists in story/line e.g.sudden right or left turn bc TPTB cannot figure out what they want and why. I feel they are dictated solely by ratings and it shows on screen.

However I just veered left/right in my opinion but am enjoying this s/l especially seeing Chelsea, Adam and Peanut together so much. I hope it doesn't stop. they have put a lot of stories on hold for this. No other story interests me at this time.

I have been reading all the posts and thoroughy enjoy them all. Ari1 your analysis of I think it was today's US was excellent.

When Chelsea went to get Peanut's blankie from her car she didn't actually have the glankie in her hand....I wonder what that is about? Could be nothing.

I am 100% CHADAM.

Thanks, Gem.

I saw Chelsea grab a blanket out of Adam's SUV. It was a different blanket than the one adam gave her bc it was much smaller. I think we'll get more Chadam moments this week and the next bc of everything that is going on. I'm hoping by November sweeps we will start to see the reunite.

Lack of romance for Chadam is very realistic right now, we don't want them to rush, its best they move slow. Chelsea is still wearing Dylan's ring which I would like her to remove before any intimate moments with Adam. Also I believe Connor is only 3 weeks old so it makes sense for the writing to leave any intimate moments until after 6 weeks. Christmas/New Year would be a good time to get some romance. Connor was conceived on NYE so maybe we Chadam fans will get a love scene around that time. Chelsea is also very fertile so hopefully this time she will be on birth control as I am sure we won't get another Chadam baby for a few years.

I agree that romance right now would not be realistic. I just want to see them to start comforting each other in a non sexual way. A touch or a hug would sustain me for a while. I hoping we'll see some of that happening in the next few weeks. That hug from Chelsea when Adam said she was part of his family was a good start, but alas, it was too short.

#24023   2013/10/16 08:04PM
    justtwocents

Quote Ari1:
    Quote TwoOfEach: I've been posting a lot but I saw this quote on another board and hope its foreshadowing of how Chelsea will react when she finds out that Adam may have hit Delia:

"You're father doesn't always play by the rules. And neither do I. I've been trying to clean up my act, so you'll have an honest person for a mother. A good, decent person to bring you up. But maybe this time your daddy's right...and rules need to be broken."

I think it is foreshadowing. On today's show I picked up some hints that Chelsea will figure if out. Adam accused her of snooping when of course she wasn't. I think this means she'll accidentally find the cloth like she did the baby blanket. She also said she knows him and she knows he's hiding something. He is crumbling underneath all the stress and she'll know it's more than just Peanut's eyes. I think she'll find out and realize this is another time to break the rules and she'll destroy the evidence.

I could so go for this. It would make up for her trying to cut Adam out of the baby's life. He could be facing life in prison and she'll make sure that he'll always be in Peanut's life bc she'll destroy the evidence that could put him away. I hope it plays out like this.

I could so go for this too!!! I agree with Ari -- foreshadowing is written all over it. I love the idea of Chelsea coming to his rescue.

Is there any likelihood of Adam being on the brink of telling the truth (even though Chelsea destroys the evidence) and they announce the real person? This would create angst and inner turmoil but the s/l wouldn't throw Adam under the community bus.

It would accomplish the purpose without GC hating Adam...again.

#24024   2013/10/16 08:10PM
    justtwocents

Quote Ari1:
    Quote jamilah:
    Quote Ari1:
    Quote Gemini50: I adore CHADAM and am soooooooooo starved for romance from them, the wait is driving me crazy, if it ever happens.

I think Chelsea is being quite supportive and considerate to Adam's feelings trusting what he wants to do.

I loved when she gave him Peanut to hold bc daddy needed him.

Hope they show some feelings soon bc honestly I cant and don't want to wait months and months....with more angst and twists in story/line e.g.sudden right or left turn bc TPTB cannot figure out what they want and why. I feel they are dictated solely by ratings and it shows on screen.

However I just veered left/right in my opinion but am enjoying this s/l especially seeing Chelsea, Adam and Peanut together so much. I hope it doesn't stop. they have put a lot of stories on hold for this. No other story interests me at this time.

I have been reading all the posts and thoroughy enjoy them all. Ari1 your analysis of I think it was today's US was excellent.

When Chelsea went to get Peanut's blankie from her car she didn't actually have the glankie in her hand....I wonder what that is about? Could be nothing.

I am 100% CHADAM.

Thanks, Gem.

I saw Chelsea grab a blanket out of Adam's SUV. It was a different blanket than the one adam gave her bc it was much smaller. I think we'll get more Chadam moments this week and the next bc of everything that is going on. I'm hoping by November sweeps we will start to see the reunite.

Lack of romance for Chadam is very realistic right now, we don't want them to rush, its best they move slow. Chelsea is still wearing Dylan's ring which I would like her to remove before any intimate moments with Adam. Also I believe Connor is only 3 weeks old so it makes sense for the writing to leave any intimate moments until after 6 weeks. Christmas/New Year would be a good time to get some romance. Connor was conceived on NYE so maybe we Chadam fans will get a love scene around that time. Chelsea is also very fertile so hopefully this time she will be on birth control as I am sure we won't get another Chadam baby for a few years.

I agree that romance right now would not be realistic. I just want to see them to start comforting each other in a non sexual way. A touch or a hug would sustain me for a while. I hoping we'll see some of that happening in the next few weeks. That hug from Chelsea when Adam said she was part of his family was a good start, but alas, it was too short.

Thank you! A little comfort would go a long way. I still think their impromptu hug last week set the stage for future physical touch (non-sexual). It will be more comfortable now that the ice has been broken IMO.

#24025   2013/10/16 09:09PM
    cdhg

Having just watched today's episode, I thought I would share my thoughts about it.

I thought it was another well done episode with great acting. I can really see Adam's guilt and suffering and how he is in self preservation mode due to the baby while not really preserving on the inside. I thought the Chadam scenes were good as were all of the scenes.

What I picked up as possible foreshadowing was in the Niktor scenes. Victor telling Nikki what kind of person hits a child and keeps going seemed interesting considering Nikki was on the highway. I do not remember Victor's exact words, but if Nikki hit her she would not have stopped but instead she would have kept on going. Also, Victor went on and on blaming Billy and how Billy could not feel enough guilt. These things make me think it was Nikki who hit Delia. It seemed to me that Victor's words about Billy are pointing to Nikki instead in terms of foreshadowing.

I think Chelsea's words about the person who hit Delia will later bother Chelsea once she finds out it is Adam. She make think that she added more guilt to him. I do think she will be supportive of him.

She may be angry at Adam for her not learning of the situation until after the cornea transplant has taken place. However, it does remind me of when Adam held the baby for the first time and Chelsea said nothing. Adam mentioned that he held his own child and she said nothing when he confronted her about the truth after learning about the possibility of the baby having RP. This time it would involve the cornea transplant with Adam saying nothing.

#24026   2013/10/16 09:32PM
    cdhg

In noticing a couple of comments under the Chadam youtube scenes for Monday's episode along with some of out thoughts on the matter in here it got me to thinking. The comments were in reference to Chelsea offering a lame/weak apology. I think what frustrates me as well as others from reading posts in here and elsewhere is that Chelsea's actions do seem harsh in regards to Adam's actions. I know that Adam acted horribly in certain ways after the miscarriage, but I think a lot of people are so familiar with Adam that there isn't much that he does that fazes people considering his deeds of the past that were worse. A lot of people already have a position on Adam, although there were definitely a number of people who started liking him better after he started acting better last year. I know there were also fans that thought he was too reformed or subdued, but still Adam has a certain number of detractors and fans and we understand his character better since their has been a lot of character development with him due to the duration of him being on the show. Adam has the detractors, but has a large number of fans due to his edgy hard nosed personality along with drawing sympathy from those who see him as treated in a negative way by others who come across as hypocritical and guilty of the same things. The black sheep/outcast Adam draws support due to that. I would like to see more of that role for Chelsea or both Adam and Chelsea together in that regard. I also would not mind seeing less of the outcast role for both while keeping with some of it.

It has been brought up that Chelsea is more of a wild card regarding how she will handle things. We have seen some character development with her, but there is still a lot I do not really understand about her character. I have a decent understanding, I think, but in others ways I am not sure.

One of the disappointing things under the new regime to me is that Chelsea has been made to be too much like the rest of the Genoa City characters/residents with Adam being portrayed still more as the outcast/black sheep. To me that is one reason that she seems more like a wild card regarding how she will act when learning the truth of the accident. It would seem that writers would understand the need to write her as supporting Adam. I think that will happen. Also, I would think they would understand the need to have her sincerely apologize to Adam too and not offer one that is lame. The point was made by one of our posters that Adam did not rape or physically hurt Chelsea and that the way she has responded to Adam makes it feel more like that. I understand why Chelsea is lashing out, as Adam abandoned her last Fall and emotionally cheated on her. Still, at some point the writers need to have Chelsea apologize for the lie along with Adam apologizing for his actions. If the writers have her lashing out at Adam beyond just any initial surprise by his actions and coverup of it, then it seems that her character would be no different than a number of others. If she went around telling others about his actions, then that would really be out of character, and I do not see that happening.

Chelsea was brought into the show as an edgy grey character. For the past months, her anger has been at Adam while being on better footing with the rest of Genoa City. I much prefer seeing her on good terms with Adam and not so much with certain other characters on the show. I would much rather see both as somewhat outcasts with some friends but not going out of their way to be goody goody with certain characters. I think the frustration especially with Chadam fans is that we see Chelsea's grey and angry side against Adam and while talking with him and the nice side around others, while a number of us would rather see the opposite. I am not saying that I am against them being nice around others, but not to certain ones who have a habit of treating them poorly. It has been nice seeing Chelsea's edgy side around Victor.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/16 09:37PM
    #24027   2013/10/16 09:39PM
    Soapfan326

NE Spoilers wk of 10/28

Nikki and Avery have a heated confrontation

Ashley returns as the Abbott family rallies to support Billy

Will Adam confess as he struggles with the weight of his secret?

Neil makes a surprising offer to Hilary

Sharon comes to an important realization

Nick's anger toward Dylan troubles Nikki

credit: jcren

#24028   2013/10/16 09:49PM
    Soapfan326

I think Adam should talk to Leslie about this and to chelsea . I think that chelsea will under stand when Adam tells her how it happened. It was a tragic accident , but she will probably struggle with weather or not to tell Chloe . I think that Leslie would advise him to go to the police because the longer he lies and covers it up the more guilty he looks . I think that billy and Chloe have very right to know who killed there daughter. I think this story line Will make Chadam stronger they will fight like hell to keep there family together .

#24029   2013/10/16 10:06PM
    cdhg

Quote Ari1:
    Quote TwoOfEach: I've been posting a lot but I saw this quote on another board and hope its foreshadowing of how Chelsea will react when she finds out that Adam may have hit Delia:

"You're father doesn't always play by the rules. And neither do I. I've been trying to clean up my act, so you'll have an honest person for a mother. A good, decent person to bring you up. But maybe this time your daddy's right...and rules need to be broken."

I think it is foreshadowing. On today's show I picked up some hints that Chelsea will figure if out. Adam accused her of snooping when of course she wasn't. I think this means she'll accidentally find the cloth like she did the baby blanket. She also said she knows him and she knows he's hiding something. He is crumbling underneath all the stress and she'll know it's more than just Peanut's eyes. I think she'll find out and realize this is another time to break the rules and she'll destroy the evidence.

I could so go for this. It would make up for her trying to cut Adam out of the baby's life. He could be facing life in prison and she'll make sure that he'll always be in Peanut's life bc she'll destroy the evidence that could put him away. I hope it plays out like this.

She tried to cut Adam out of the baby's life and he planned on doing that to her but backed off, so the cycle would logically stop.

I think your points about her finding out makes sense regarding him asking her why she was snooping and how she told him she knows him and knows he is hiding something. The breaking the rules comments from tomorrow's episode make sense for her supporting him maybe in a less than ethical way. This also could connect Victor's comments about them both being unfit parents and Chelsea comment to the baby last week about mommy and daddy taking care of everything. Also, since Chelsea designed the costume, I can see her finding the costume piece in the house as well along with recognizing it.

Since I am in to the date parallels, I could see her finding out the truth around the same time that she found Sharon at the lake house last year, which unraveled a secret that Adam was keeping. That happened in early November last year. Of course, him confessing to her would be nice. Maybe she could find out something else about the matter in early November this year, such as Adam not being responsible and maybe Nikki being the one responsible. I think this will play out for a while though.

If she tries to help Adam by covering evidence, finds out about Adam's alleged involvement or hears the truth form him, at that point he may go ahead and confess to the authorities. I thought about her trying to confess to it and take the blame hoping for lesser punishment than what Adam would get, but that would not even come across as believable. Plus, Adam would stop that.

Regarding the discussion about romance, I agree that it needs to happen under the right circumstances and with the appropriate time after the birth. I know some thought that they made love too soon after she had Johnny last year, but Soap time seems to be moving much slower this year considering the baby is just two weeks old. I do agree we need more of that on the show and that includes Chadam.

I agree that the storyline has been getting more interesting. It has been that way since the reveal and even more so with the recent events, although tragic. MCE's made the comment in a joint interview with SB in early August about going home tired one week due to all of the drama filmed and in another joint interview with SB when asked what things are like when MM is added to the mix she mentioned that he has a lot of energy and things are more upbeat. MM has to have a lot of energy and MCE as well to film the scenes that they have been filming which we have been viewing in September and October. There definitely is a lot of drama.

On a different note, I will be curious when Cane is told about Delia. I believe he is the one who named her. It seems like he says Deliar to me when he says her name with the Aussie accent.

#24030   2013/10/16 10:21PM
    cdhg

Quote Soapfan326: I think Adam should talk to Leslie about this and to chelsea . I think that chelsea will under stand when Adam tells her how it happened. It was a tragic accident , but she will probably struggle with weather or not to tell Chloe . I think that Leslie would advise him to go to the police because the longer he lies and covers it up the more guilty he looks . I think that billy and Chloe have very right to know who killed there daughter. I think this story line Will make Chadam stronger they will fight like hell to keep there family together .

In thinking back to the parallels in the Chloe and Chelsea baby cons, Chloe's was more vicious in regards to breaking up Cane and Lilly while not showing concern to Cane's feelings. Chelsea did feel guilt at times to Adam and even more so to Dylan as she put up more of a wall to Adam.

Chloe initially tried to encourage Chelsea to pursue Cane as a fake daddy. After learning about Dylan, Chloe pushed him as the fake daddy. Delia's death is affecting the different ones involved. It is affecting Chlovin and Villy who even the step parents considered her as one of their own. Both Chloe and Victoria knew about Chelsea's lie. Chelsea's lie has affected both Adam and Dylan. The accident is affecting all parties involved, with the exception of Dylan, at least for the time being. If Nikki is the one who hit Delia, then that connects Dylan. Nikki never mentioned to others outside of Katherine that she gave up a child for all of these years.

Chloe encouraged Chelsea to lie all of those months. Chelsea has been a better friend to Chloe than Chloe has been to Chelsea. Based on Chloe advice to Chelsea, I could see Chelsea avoiding telling Chloe the truth, since Chloe did not encourage Chelsea to come clean or even help Adam out during rape charges.

I do think that Chadam emerge stronger from all of this.

« 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list