List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/23 05:48PM, Views: 1370072, Replies: 30127
    « 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 » »| page:
    #22051   2013/09/19 09:39PM
    Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING
    cdhg

Quote Spike1976:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote Spike1976:
    Quote Gemini50:
    Quote _peanut: SPOILER drop....

Adam and Chelsea get Into a fight after she moves in, he wants the baby. Adam gets drunk and goes driving.

The same time Delia and Billy are going to the school play. Delia goes to get the dog from the street and is struck. Chloe and Kevin blame Billy.

Delia is tragically killed by who we think is Adam.

Connor's condition worsens and decisions have to be made whether to give Delia's eyesight to him.

Sharon and Nick kiss.

Right now I'm leaning towards believing these spoilers.
    We know the Sharon and Nick kiss is coming.....

From the way it sounds Adam just wants to hold Connor but Chelsea said no because he is drunk.

I'm surprised that Adam would be that irresponsible to go behind the wheel after drinking unless he was drug by his own father and not knowing it.

I could possibly see Adam wrecking, maybe hitting a tree, and not knowing what happened, but still being near the scene of where the wreck happened. As you say, Victor could be involved in some way, where there are unintended consequences.

Victor wants to destroy Adam, it wouldn't surprise me if he would tamper with Adam's breaks.

I thought about something like that too. Even that seems pretty far for Victor to go against his own flesh and blood since that would be attempted murder. If Adam did wreck and kill someone while drunk, he would still be in trouble, although the breaks being tampered with would be the real catalyst.

#22052   2013/09/19 09:45PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote runslikeagirl:
    Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote runslikeagirl:
    Quote TwoOfEach:
    Quote villyforever55:
    Quote jamilah:

Adam and Chelsea get Into a fight after she moves in, he wants the baby. Adam gets drunk and goes driving.

The same time Delia and Billy are going to the school play. Delia goes to get the dog from the street and is struck. Chloe and Kevin blame Billy.

Connor's condition worsens and decisions have to be made whether to give Delia's eyesight to him.

Sharon and Nick kiss.

What is the source for these spoilers. These sound more like speculation that actual spoilers.

The same post just appeared on the Villy thread.

It's from DD. Reportedly from the person who posted that the Navery wedding wouldn't happen. I'd take it with a grain of salt. Though a person claiming to be a tech said that Adam was driving in the night shoot on the DD GH thread so who knows.

In many ways it makes sense, Adam responded to Riley's due date by getting plastered. He might due the same on the anniversary of Riley's death, especially if Chadam get into a vicious fight.

So would I! If this is true, JFP is truly a hack writer with zero original ideas. This sounds too close to the GH story she did with Jake dying. Let's see:

1. A child runs into the street at night. On GH it was Jake running after a ball. Here it's Delia getting the dog.
    2. A character connected to the child drives drunk. GH: Luke, Jake's adopted grandfather. Y&R: Adam, Delia's um, step-uncle?
    3. The child's death saves another child. GH: Jake gives an organ to Josslyn. Y&R: Connor gets Delia's retinas or corneas. (There's no such thing as an eye transplant. It's parts of the eye.)
    4. The parents of the child saved are enemies of the donating parents and have to beg for their child to live. GH: Carly asked Jason to convince Liz to let Jake be a donor for Josslyn. Y&R: Chadam will have to convince Villy/Chloe to let Delia save Connor.
    5. No one knows at first who was responsible for the accident. Based on the way the "spoiler" above says that Delia is "killed by who we think is Adam," it sounds like it might be a mystery at first.

To me, there's just too many similarities for this to be anything more than unsubstantiated guesses. It was a polarizing story on GH and I have yet to see how any of the current storylines justify killing Jake. I know soaps retell the same basic stories over and over, but this is too similar to a crappy story that got waaay negative feedback from fans and critics. If JFP chooses to go this route, I'm not sure if I can stick around for the crappy "drama."

Ah double crap! We're in for a world of doodie! Where's Ari, man?

Hey Ari1, if you're here, can we borrow your crystal ball? I think something funky is about to go down and if Runslikeagirl is right, it's going to be really, really bad.

Oops! I was trying to be reassuring that I don't think this is a real spoiler!! If it is, I am slightly comforted by the fact that it says that it appears that Adam was the driver. I can see them setting it up to look like Adam was the driver and he gets blamed for it, but it's really someone else. Probably another one of Victor's schemes that gets out of hand. This would tie in with the spoiler that something Victor does shocks his family. I can see Chelsea being the only one that believes Adam didn't do it (maybe he stopped and called her and they were on the phone when it happened?), but no one believes her either because of all the other lies she's told since she came to town.

My real issue with this is the casual way they would be treating drunk driving. I generally have no problem with outlandish storylines, especially when they involve my boy Adam. I loved, loved, loved the gaslighting of Ashley (I know that was midway though the recast, but still), the whole lengths he went to with Rafe to cover his tracks, injecting his eyes with Botox, etc. But, when we're talking about real-life issues: medical crises, mental illness, PTSD, bullying, drunk driving, I think soaps have always served as long-term public service announcements for their audience. There's been nothing in Adam's history that would suggest he drives drunk. Yes, they show him drinking scotch often, but no one's ever made a comment about should he be driving, are you taking a cab, haven't you had enough, etc. If characters start dropping these anvils in the next few weeks, I'll start to worry.

My point is this: until I see more concrete spoilers, or another source stating the same, I refuse to believe that this is anything more than wild speculation.

Something similar was said over at Soapoperacenttral.com. Folks took it with a grain of salt after I posted it. Alright, I'm starting to feel better. Okay, I can breath now. Thanks!

#22053   2013/09/19 09:52PM
    cdhg

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote cdhg:
    If Dylan crying while going on and on about all the people he has lost including Peanut is not enough, along with Chelsea talking and dreaming of being with Dylan and her loving him and wanting him to be the father.

I want Chadam to reunite, but I do not like a catalyst for that being the death of another child and her retinas and/or corneas being part of that.

As you say the similarities are so striking to the GH story that guesses could be put together that match up, but with all of this similar speculation, it could be one of those cases where there is smoke there is fire.

If this turns into a hit and run where Adam is so plastered he does not know what is going on, blacks out, and/or doesn't remember what happened, then it will be frustrating for sure. I am not wanting to see Delia get killed. If Adam is thought to be the one responsible, I hope that he is not responsible and just gets blamed for it. If a transplant for the baby takes place and later Adam is found to be responsible then that would get ugly. Also, if Adam is guilty of unintentionally running over someone while drunk and realizes it, but doesn't admit it, then that would be terrible writing as well.

I think whatever happens shakes Adam up and we see more of a positive change in him, vs. last year when he went downhill. If he goes downhill this time, I think it will be along with putting things in proper perspective and setting proper priorities.

MM mentioned Adam having his own legacy, family, children and being a different father than Victor in a recent interview, so this speculated story seems to be a big bump in the road towards that.

You brought up in another post about Adam not driving drunk in the past. I remember some comments about him drinking before Chelsea came to the Penthouse about the fortune teller when he had to take her to the ER. Granted, I do not know if he drove her to the ER, or if took a cab, but I believe he had been drinking while Avery was there.

Perhaps a story of Johnny being a donor (not eye related of course) to Peanut without any life being lost could have worked regarding one couple's child saving another couple's child despite tension being there. There would be the unique connection there since Adam delivered and Chelsea gave birth to Johnny.

Romeodude, one of soapoperacentral's fair minded posters, reminded me that Delia is not a suitable donor for Peanut. After all, Peanut's an infant and it wouldn't make sense donating the retinas of a seven year old to a newborn baby.

So maybe the spoilers are simply a hoax or a part of fan fiction. Anything is possible, right?

That is a good point regarding the age difference. I am not sure how such transplants work, but there is definitely a noticeable difference in the development of seven year old girl's retinas and corneas to a newborn baby boy. I am not smart enough in the science and medical field to even guess how all of that works.

We should know soon enough if this is a hoax of fan fiction. If things are way off, then we will know the truth.

#22054   2013/09/19 10:56PM
    TwoOfEach

Thinking about the spumor:

If this were an ABC soap, I could see Adam offering to let Chelsea keep Peanut if she stayed at the Penthouse, but still go behind her back to seek full custody. Then as they work through the medical crisis, Adam changes his mind but Chelsea finds out some how and they have a big blowout. Chelsea packs up Peanuts diaper bag and storms out. Adam drinks several scotches and sets out looking for them.

FTR: Adam was very drunk when he showed up at Restless Style on Riley's due date. He'd also been mixing alcohol and pain pills that night. Chelsea offered to call him a cab, but he left. So its been implied that Adam has driven under the influence before.

#22055   2013/09/20 03:22AM
    cdhg

Quote TwoOfEach: Thinking about the spumor:

If this were an ABC soap, I could see Adam offering to let Chelsea keep Peanut if she stayed at the Penthouse, but still go behind her back to seek full custody. Then as they work through the medical crisis, Adam changes his mind but Chelsea finds out some how and they have a big blowout. Chelsea packs up Peanuts diaper bag and storms out. Adam drinks several scotches and sets out looking for them.

FTR: Adam was very drunk when he showed up at Restless Style on Riley's due date. He'd also been mixing alcohol and pain pills that night. Chelsea offered to call him a cab, but he left. So its been implied that Adam has driven under the influence before.

While Adam does love Chelsea within and wants to be with her, he is angry and this could be one of his power plays and chess moves that go awry. He could get her to move in, but either thinking or seeing that she still loves and wants to be with Dylan, that Chelsea is unhappy, and/or she finds out that he wants full custody etc. she storms out. I could even see Adam starting to soften and either change his mind or about to change his mind, with her finding out and storming out with thus the trust still not being there with her seeing him as manipulating and trying to own her. I could see Adam really enjoying having Chelsea back with him during this. Even Chelsea's feelings for Adam could start resurfacing Of course, Adam might be wanting to do his own con to teach her a lesson and how it feels, despite his deep down feelings. If he gets drunk and an accident happens with him being responsible or being blamed, Chelsea might have a difficult time taking his side. I guess what we see from Adam after such an event and if he is hurt to any degree, might have a big impact on Chelsea's thinking and reaction. Something like this would put her back in the driver's seat for custody. If there is scheming and fighting going on between them to such a degree, the writers eventually need to get around Chadam doing this in regards to others and not continually amongst themselves.

I know it is going to be a while, but I want to see Chadam reunite and Chylan go by the wayside. Chelsea is just not her strong and spunky self with Dylan and is too week, doting and sappy. The sappiness of Chylan and the pimping of Dylan by Chelsea and others have taken certain steam from the story.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/20 03:28AM
    #22056   2013/09/20 04:44AM
    justtwocents

Quote cdhg:
    Quote villyforever55:
    Quote jamilah:

Sharon and Nick kiss.

What is the source for these spoilers. These sound more like speculation that actual spoilers.

The part about him wanting the baby would make no sense, if Chelsea have moved in with him since he would already have the baby, if they are both living together.

I have a hard time believing the writers would have Adam driving drunk and running over a child, even unintentionally, and killing the child.

I agree that this sounds like speculation vs. wording that is typically found in spoilers.

I sure hope it's speculation!

#22057   2013/09/20 04:53AM
    justtwocents

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote runslikeagirl:
    Quote TwoOfEach:
    Quote villyforever55:
    Quote jamilah:

Sharon and Nick kiss.

It's from DD. Reportedly from the person who posted that the Navery wedding wouldn't happen. I'd take it with a grain of salt. Though a person claiming to be a tech said that Adam was driving in the night shoot on the DD GH thread so who knows.

In many ways it makes sense, Adam responded to Riley's due date by getting plastered. He might due the same on the anniversary of Riley's death, especially if Chadam get into a vicious fight.

So would I! If this is true, JFP is truly a hack writer with zero original ideas. This sounds too close to the GH story she did with Jake dying. Let's see:

1. A child runs into the street at night. On GH it was Jake running after a ball. Here it's Delia getting the dog.
    2. A character connected to the child drives drunk. GH: Luke, Jake's adopted grandfather. Y&R: Adam, Delia's um, step-uncle?
    3. The child's death saves another child. GH: Jake gives an organ to Josslyn. Y&R: Connor gets Delia's retinas or corneas. (There's no such thing as an eye transplant. It's parts of the eye.)
    4. The parents of the child saved are enemies of the donating parents and have to beg for their child to live. GH: Carly asked Jason to convince Liz to let Jake be a donor for Josslyn. Y&R: Chadam will have to convince Villy/Chloe to let Delia save Connor.
    5. No one knows at first who was responsible for the accident. Based on the way the "spoiler" above says that Delia is "killed by who we think is Adam," it sounds like it might be a mystery at first.

To me, there's just too many similarities for this to be anything more than unsubstantiated guesses. It was a polarizing story on GH and I have yet to see how any of the current storylines justify killing Jake. I know soaps retell the same basic stories over and over, but this is too similar to a crappy story that got waaay negative feedback from fans and critics. If JFP chooses to go this route, I'm not sure if I can stick around for the crappy "drama."

Ah double crap! We're in for a world of doodie! Where's Ari, man?

Hey Ari1, if you're here, can we borrow your crystal ball? I think something funky is about to go down and if Runslikeagirl is right, it's going to be really, really bad.

Ari said yesterday that she wouldn't be able to view recent epi's until Sunday so she may be out of town until then.

#22058   2013/09/20 05:00AM
    justtwocents

Quote Gemini50:

Sharon and Nick kiss.

I don't know, Gemini. It's Cray Cray we're talking about here. She'd kiss anything with a beating heart. I think it's another no-brainer speculation.

I sure am hoping for such. I'm so sick of the ongoing angst without ANY romance. I'm giving them until the end of the year to get their act together. They've already taken nine months of our dedication.

I mentioned PPD yesterday. I'm beginning to think it's wishful thinking on my part. I want there to be an "excuse" for Chelsea's cold behavior towards Adam. The secret is out and he's proving to be a good father and she shows no remorse. Shame on the writers IMO.

#22059   2013/09/20 05:06AM
    justtwocents

Quote cdhg:
    Quote Spike1976:
    Quote Gemini50:

Sharon and Nick kiss.

From the way it sounds Adam just wants to hold Connor but Chelsea said no because he is drunk.

I'm surprised that Adam would be that irresponsible to go behind the wheel after drinking unless he was drug by his own father and not knowing it.

I could possibly see Adam wrecking, maybe hitting a tree, and not knowing what happened, but still being near the scene of where the wreck happened. As you say, Victor could be involved in some way, where there are unintended consequences.

Good point about Adam wanting the baby meaning that he wants to hold him and that Chelsea turns him down because he is drunk or I guess he might be real upset as the reason she does not let him hold the baby. He then might get drunk and head out. I could see them getting devastating news about the baby's eyesight and there not really being any options for any procedures similar to what Adam had done for himself. I could see the bad news about the baby being a catalyst for a big emotional fight.

I could see Adam getting badly hurt and ending up in the hospital as well.

It would be an even bigger fight if they learn Peanut would've had a better chance of recovery if the doctor had had access to him the first few days. But thanks to the Dylan drama (SICK OF IT) that didn't happen. I don't see this happening at all but it's the first thing I thought of when I read the line above.

#22060   2013/09/20 05:13AM
    gardengal

Quote justtwocents:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote villyforever55:
    Quote jamilah:

Sharon and Nick kiss.

The part about him wanting the baby would make no sense, if Chelsea have moved in with him since he would already have the baby, if they are both living together.

I have a hard time believing the writers would have Adam driving drunk and running over a child, even unintentionally, and killing the child.

I agree that this sounds like speculation vs. wording that is typically found in spoilers.

I sure hope it's speculation!

Sounds like someone is just having some cruel fun with ripping off GH's story about Jake, and applying it here. As far as I know there is only cornea transplants - no retina ones. Of course Peanut might have something bigger, but then the only logical donor would be Johnny. Oops to the logic.

« 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list