List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/22 04:57AM, Views: 1457041, Replies: 30926
    « 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 » »| page:
    #21361   2013/09/13 10:28AM
    Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING
    cdhg

Quote justtwocents:
    Quote gardengal:
    Quote justtwocents:
    Quote liasonrules: You know I was thinking of a senario that would incorporate everyone's favorite coma scene and move Chadam a little closer towards forgiveness. Adam goes to the warehouse to see Chelsea and Peanut. When he gets there the door is standing wide open. He walks in to find Chelsea lying on the floor by the kitchen table unconscious with a chair turned over beside her. He believes the worst that Dylan snapped hurt Chelsea and took off with Peanut. He calls an ambulance for Chelsea, you can tell he is terrified because she will not wake up. Then calls his security team to begin looking for Dylan and Peanut. Scene flashes to Chelsea's hospital room. He is sitting by her bed, holding her hand, asking her why she did it. He admits that he is hurt, angry and bitter but that he still loves her. Seeing her like this has made him realize how much. He then has a flash back to the coma scene. You see his eyes tear up. The doctor walks in and Adam tells him to please say she is going to be alright. He doesn't think he can take it if she isn't. The doctor says she will be fine. Then one of Adam's security team walks in with Peanut and hands Adam his son. Both the doctor and the security guy leave. Adam is standing there holding his son when Chelsea opens her eyes and calls his name. Not quite sure what happens next. Haven't got that far.

Welcome to the Chadam thread!

You nailed it. As this group can tell you I've been waiting for the coma scene to make its presence -- and SOON!!!!

I would prefer he remember them than be told about them by Vikki or even Chelsea (or Billy, now that he knows).

Love this scenario, Liaison!

Welcome Liason! Love Liz, and BH is a chemistry magnet.

I could see Adam finding Chelsea slumping on the floor. It would be nice if Adam would remember the coma confession and his first words of Sharon. Guess I'm negative Nellie today, I think the coma confession served its dual purpose already of cluing in Victoria and further alienating Chelsea. Chelsea's next revelation to Adam will likely be about Victoria knowing about Peanut's paternity, and choosing only to blackmail Chelsea with the knowledge.

I would agree except for:
    1. Adam had a partial flashback a few months ago when Chelsea kissed him. Why bother writing in this moment if a full revelation wasn't coming? (Asking myself this)
    2. It's the only time I'm aware of that Chelsea told him he was the father. And that admission saved his life, bringing him out of the coma.

I don't want our Chelsea hurt but I admit I'd love for him to find her on the floor with Peanut missing.

I agree. I think the revelation has to come back up again at some point due to the two points you lay out. It is the only time besides today that she has admitted to him he was the father.

I figure it will come up in a conversation, through memory, or both at some point.

#21362   2013/09/13 10:35AM
    justtwocents

Watching today's epi...a few observations IMO...

I wish I could remember the exact dialogue but Jack warns Adam that if he doesn't calm down it's going to end up hurting Connor. I'm sure he meant emotionally but I couldn't help but think of how it could also influence the kidnapping.

Although Adam did look mighty stern I loved how he looked at Connor when she said he was his -- like someone else mentioned, you could see it meant everything to him, but he couldn't show it.

Another poster (Sorry, I can never remember the names!) mentioned how they heard he would try to prove Chelsea as unfit -- do we think this is b/c of the kidnapping?

And finally... BRAVO to MM, MCE, and SB for superb acting again today. Wow -- they all hit it out of the ballpark. Chelsea's last expression when she opened the door and saw Dylan cutting his eyes at her was priceless (and heartbreaking.)

Can't wait to hear from CN fans again today!

#21363   2013/09/13 10:38AM
    cdhg

Quote jamilah: Davery was very interesting to watch. Avery missed her own wedding to console Dylan. The entire conversation Dylan was all about the baby. I kept listening for him to say how much he missed, loved and wanted Chelsea and I didn`t hear it. So I don`t know how they expect us to believe that he was in love with Chelsea. When Chelsea arrived at the Poor house after meeting with Adam, Dylan was waiting for her and he had this look in his eyes that was scary.

If Dylan is Nicki`s son, we know that she was raped and she referred to the man as a monster. Once Dylan finds out his parentage this guy is going down an emotional roller coaster. It will be interesting to watch.

What you are describing about Dylan's biologicial father, we presume, may explain more about Dylan's dark side as the storylines moves along. It may be more than just PTSD, war trauma, and baby trauma that has either impacted Dylan in the past, present, and future. It will be interesting regarding if he knows he was adopted and/or when he finds about his bio mother and bio father, how that will impact him. It sounds like his bio father was worse than Victor.

We see the similarities of Adam and Victor, even though Adam was not around him and did not know Victor was his father until later in life.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/13 10:41AM
    #21364   2013/09/13 10:42AM
    gardengal

That was a good episode. The blasted clock is now ticking for Niktor. Avery has got to be the most unaware woman on the show. But who cares about the above?

Shockingly Dylan now understands the it of Chylan. Chelsea hasn't come to that realization yet. She still thinks Chylan will counter Adam.

I was surprise how much Adam looked at Peanut and Chelsea. He hates her right now despite not wanting to hate her. It was always a self fulfilling con so Adam's feelings are to be expected. Now the poor guy has to deal with a raging Victor. I'm sorry this NE is still stupid since Victor has no real claim. Guess I'll watch it for a testosterone filled verbal sparring. At least all three men look good in suits.

Guess I'm still on the island of one for feeling for Chelsea. Hey at least it makes fan events for one easier to plan.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/13 10:43AM
    #21365   2013/09/13 10:49AM
    cdhg

Quote Ari1:
    Quote Laduree:
    Quote jamilah:
    Quote Laduree:
    Quote TwoOfEach: So I saw 3/4 of todays Canadian before the copyright police took it down. I have to admit after Jack was so wise and Chelsea told Chloe off, I was a wee bit hopeful about the meeting with Adam. It's a testament to MM's acting ability how quickly those cold, dead eyes of Adam's can evaporate any sympathy I have for the guy. After raging for days about time missed with his son, Adam couldn't even look at Peanut. Chadam's trademark eye contact was conspicuously absent. They barely looked at each other, especially when Adam was making his threats.

It bothered me tremendously. I've seen some of the Adam haters use this scene to justify Chelsea's lies. Others have said that its proof that Adam only sees people including his own son as objects to be won and used. But after seeing Adam hold his baby those excuses didn't resonate. Until I realized that the lack of eye contact was a self-defense mechanism. He knows that seeking full custody is wrong for Peanut--his two best friends have made that abundantly clear. Looking at that sweet baby contentedly nuzzled against mommy's shoulder would weaken any human's resolve. And he has to shut Chelsea out of Peanut's life for the same reasons that she chose to shut him out: Sharing Peanut means sharing a life with the other parent. After such a brutal betrayal, he can't risk opening his heart again so he'll play the cold bastard instead.

Well said!! I was getting ready to defend Adam's behavior and then you did it brilliantly! I am always amazed at how deftly MM can shift from warm and engaging to cold and unfeeling. He is the master at this. When he's cold his eyes remind me of a Shark's eyes. Scary. They even appear to darken. He's trying to harden his heart against Chelsea because his is absolutely shattered.

I felt Adam's pain watching that scene. Y&R have a goldmine with Chadam and they better not waste time trying to use Chelsea and Adam on other useless pairings that will remain nameless. MCE and MM made me believe they were real life parents that hated each other for the moment. They both were fighting back alot of emotions. When Chelsea finally admitted Connor was their son you could see that Adam was going to breakdown but he held back. I am so mad that this regime took this story that could have been so beautiful and wasted it on a useless pairing for Chelsea. That moment should have been special for Adam and Chelsea and instead of the anger and bitterness they should have been happy to share that they are parents.

Chelsea can dish out the insults to Adam but when he does it to her she acts like the victim. He got her good this time by doing the same thing she did to him. If Dylan does take the baby it will crush Chelsea but it needs to happen for her to realize what she did was wrong. I still love Chadam and I hope the damage won't be too bad for them to recover.

Excellent points! They really do seem like a real estranged couple. It's so raw on an emotional level it's painful to watch. Like you, I'm not very sympathetic to Chelsea right now. Had she lied to Adam, but stayed on her own I wouldn't feel as unsympathetic to her as I do now, but literally giving his son to another man is so outrageous.

I really hope she understands how much she hurt Adam, just as he realized how much he hurt her when he sat with her at OTB and took ownership for the demise of their marriage. Perhaps if she approached him and sincerely apologized for her actions it might help him to get over his anger a little faster. She owes him that much at the very least. It can't be all about Mr.Wonderful's feelings and how she wronged him.

As much as I hate, hate, hate Chylan and Dylan, I begrudgingly see what the writers are trying to do. We all know this is Adam's karma/redemption story. Adam ruthlessly gave Sharon's baby to another woman. He was willing to let that lie go one forever. Ashley/Dylan are the innocent victims of Chadam's malice. We see Adam suffering because of Chelsea's deceit, but he's getting payback for his past sins.

Chelsea is no better than Adam so she'll get her karma served by Dylan. Avery told Adam that when he's hurt others get hurt. The same can be said of Chelsea.

Great points.

An interesting parallel here is that Adam first confessed to Sharon about Faith with a written note as their plane was going down to crash after they left from their Lake Tahoe Wedding. This was probably both out of love and guilt due to the fear of them dying. He wanted Sharon to know thinking they both might die, but Sharon did not remember and Adam did not make further effort to tell her until he was about to make his escape from Genoa City. Chelsea told Adam while his life was in danger while being in a coma. This was different in that she hoped it would bring Adam out of the coma and reunite them out of love. In both cases Adam and Chelsea opened up in serious life and death situations, although Chelsea made more efforts and considerations to tell Adam than Adam did Sharon about Faith.

#21366   2013/09/13 11:02AM
    TwoOfEach

Quote gardengal: That was a good episode. The blasted clock is now ticking for Niktor. Avery has got to be the most unaware woman on the show. But who cares about the above?

Shockingly Dylan now understands the it of Chylan. Chelsea hasn't come to that realization yet. She still thinks Chylan will counter Adam.

I was surprise how much Adam looked at Peanut and Chelsea. He hates her right now despite not wanting to hate her. It was always a self fulfilling con so Adam's feelings are to be expected. Now the poor guy has to deal with a raging Victor. I'm sorry this NE is still stupid since Victor has no real claim. Guess I'll watch it for a testosterone filled verbal sparring. At least all three men look good in suits.

Guess I'm still on the island of one for feeling for Chelsea. Hey at least it makes fan events for one easier to plan.

You aren't alone. Chelsea got me in the divorce; she's wrong but today she put her big girl panties on and I'm proud of her. No more running, no more games, no more lies.

#21367   2013/09/13 11:05AM
    cdhg

Quote jamilah:
    Quote Laduree:
    Quote TwoOfEach: So I saw 3/4 of todays Canadian before the copyright police took it down. I have to admit after Jack was so wise and Chelsea told Chloe off, I was a wee bit hopeful about the meeting with Adam. It's a testament to MM's acting ability how quickly those cold, dead eyes of Adam's can evaporate any sympathy I have for the guy. After raging for days about time missed with his son, Adam couldn't even look at Peanut. Chadam's trademark eye contact was conspicuously absent. They barely looked at each other, especially when Adam was making his threats.

It bothered me tremendously. I've seen some of the Adam haters use this scene to justify Chelsea's lies. Others have said that its proof that Adam only sees people including his own son as objects to be won and used. But after seeing Adam hold his baby those excuses didn't resonate. Until I realized that the lack of eye contact was a self-defense mechanism. He knows that seeking full custody is wrong for Peanut--his two best friends have made that abundantly clear. Looking at that sweet baby contentedly nuzzled against mommy's shoulder would weaken any human's resolve. And he has to shut Chelsea out of Peanut's life for the same reasons that she chose to shut him out: Sharing Peanut means sharing a life with the other parent. After such a brutal betrayal, he can't risk opening his heart again so he'll play the cold bastard instead.

Well said!! I was getting ready to defend Adam's behavior and then you did it brilliantly! I am always amazed at how deftly MM can shift from warm and engaging to cold and unfeeling. He is the master at this. When he's cold his eyes remind me of a Shark's eyes. Scary. They even appear to darken. He's trying to harden his heart against Chelsea because his is absolutely shattered.

I felt Adam's pain watching that scene. Y&R have a goldmine with Chadam and they better not waste time trying to use Chelsea and Adam on other useless pairings that will remain nameless. MCE and MM made me believe they were real life parents that hated each other for the moment. They both were fighting back alot of emotions. When Chelsea finally admitted Connor was their son you could see that Adam was going to breakdown but he held back. I am so mad that this regime took this story that could have been so beautiful and wasted it on a useless pairing for Chelsea. That moment should have been special for Adam and Chelsea and instead of the anger and bitterness they should have been happy to share that they are parents.

Chelsea can dish out the insults to Adam but when he does it to her she acts like the victim. He got her good this time by doing the same thing she did to him. If Dylan does take the baby it will crush Chelsea but it needs to happen for her to realize what she did was wrong. I still love Chadam and I hope the damage won't be too bad for them to recover.

Great points. I agree that Y&R have a goldmine with Chadam and better see it, utilize it, and not waste it. Chadam should not be constant angst between them and fight scenes, but that should just be a smaller portion of Chadam. Chadam can be unified and have angst and differences with the other characters in Genoa City. I agree with Ari1 and others about what it appears is happening with the storyline, but I just do not want it go on too long. Chylan would not even seem believable past this point, now that it appears that Dylan is more about the baby and his love for Chelsea doesn't seem that deep. I should clarify and say that Chylan did not seem believable to me anyway.

There are definitely plenty of great storylines to write for Chadam. Not that my ideas would work well, but if the writers had a hard time figuring out some for Chadam as a couple, I would not mind to share my ideas.

I hope we get a real good emotional and heartfelt reunite moment, when it happens. It could make for some great scenes.

There could also be some powerful scenes for them should the baby actually have the RP gene and have to go through a medical procedure for it or should the baby go through another health crisis. Just them having to make a decision on certain health care decisions could make for some emotional and powerful stuff.

I think the upcoming kidnapping will provide some powerful scenes, although we will probably be getting bitterness and angst associated with it, IMO.

I guess there could be a little break before the kidnapping, but if things pick up where you say they left off, maybe the kidnapping happens in today's Canadian and Monday's US episode. It will be interesting to see how long Peanut is gone before Adam finds out and whether Chelsea tells him or he finds out from another source. He might ask Chelsea about Peanut and then find out he is missing which will make him more suspicious and upset that she did not come to tell her. I could see how him telling her he was going to get full custody would make her leary of telling Adam that Peanut had been taken by Dylan on her watch.

#21368   2013/09/13 11:05AM
    gardengal

Quote TwoOfEach:
    Quote gardengal: That was a good episode. The blasted clock is now ticking for Niktor. Avery has got to be the most unaware woman on the show. But who cares about the above?

You aren't alone. Chelsea got me in the divorce; she's wrong but today she put her big girl panties on and I'm proud of her. No more running, no more games, no more lies.

Yes to all, and today Chelsea had her finally moment of clarity on all things Chloe. Hope the old adage of better late then never still holds true.

#21369   2013/09/13 11:26AM
    cdhg

Quote TwoOfEach: www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/09/more-exclusive-details-the-game-changing-secret... />
    I agree with Trunks. Everything is going to be fine. We're in for a very rough patch (looks like Adam initially tries to get Chelsea declared unfit), but Adam can't be the anti-Victor refusing to use his kids as pawns if at the end of the day he uses Peanut to punish Chelsea. Also, every patriarch needs a matriarch. Chadam for the win.

As you have mentioned, it looks like Chadam will be Niktor 2.0. There will be some major key differences. Adam will not manipulate and plays games in the lives of his children like Victor has done over the years IMO. Adam will let Chelsea be her own woman. Chelsea will be tougher and over time more independent that Nikki IMO. Chelsea will stand up to Adam and be more aggressive in her fights and arguments with Adam than Nikki is with Victor. Chelsea will keep Adam in line better than Nikki does with Victor.

As you say, a patriarch needs a matriarch, so therefore we have Chadam. I think Chadam can really be more dynamic with proper writing this next time around than the first time around, although the first time around was great.

Until the reunite, we will just have to watch Chelsea "get what she deserves" according to what her mother has said and what Adam told her in her recent hospital nightmare. I can see her being alone for a while after the Chylan fallout and breakup. In her nightmare, Adam told her she would get what she deserves which is to be alone. She has fulfilled her premonition or nightmare by carrying out the con as it appears for the moment. Of course, Adam will probably continue to have his own turmoil for a while through his past, present, and reactionary choices as well.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/13 11:33AM
    #21370   2013/09/13 11:27AM
    3WishGenie

Quote TwoOfEach:

Thank goodness for that but she's got a long way to go. Her admission though probably came too little too late. Here comes Adam

« 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list