List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/10/23 09:00PM, Views: 1537677, Replies: 31650
    « 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 » »| page:
    #19521   2013/08/26 07:23PM
    Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING
    cdhg

Quote TwoOfEach: I'm not worried about the pics of MM & SC at the penthouse. MM clearly wasn't dressed for work. Shauwnee posted pics of JM & SC acting together on the set of Sharon's house so it doesn't seem she actually filmed with MM at that time.

She also commented that MCE can really rock the heels and that she saw one of the babies who play Peanut.

JM and SC acting together means they are either getting through the fallout of Sharon's lie, or perhaps that it is still ongoing. I figure it would be out in the open before then.

I see it as encouraging that they are acting together.

#19522   2013/08/26 07:30PM
    cdhg

Quote Ari1:
    Quote GidgetWithAChainsaw: Soap Opera Digest tweets:Erin Chambers (Melanie) is done at Y&R and her last day is August 26, reports Soap Opera Network. The character, who first aired on June 6, previously played Siobhan on GH. A Y&R spokesperson confirmed the exit.

Rejoice Chadam faithfuls,one less obstacle in the way of our family reunion

Good. I'm glad she's gone. Her only purpose was to let Chelsea be the one to get Adam out of this mess. The storyline could have been written more interestingly. I wanted Chelsea to go undercover and expose her. But oh well. From this story we learned that Sharon wouldn't help Adam because she, like Melanie, is a woman scorned. We learned that Chelsea still loves Adam due to her little talk with Melanie. And we know that only Chelsea and Jack were willing to put themselves out there for Adam. Chelsea helping Adam out paves the way for their reunion.

There is supposed to be something about her throwing a grenade that blows up in her face, but perhaps that happens off canvas. I still figure something has to come out of the October due date that Chelsea said in front of Melanie and Adam. Maybe it is more on the Adam front.

I agree that this ended in a pretty lackluster way. I wanted things to happen in a more interesting way, but I think all of us have wanting more dramatic things in this storyline. As you say, it seemed more as a way for Chelsea to help Adam. I also see it as being used for Chelsea's POV to be shown to the viewer as Jamilah made reference to.

I am assuming this is referring to her last air date not to her last taping date.

#19523   2013/08/26 07:32PM
    jamilah

Quote cdhg: My thoughts on today's US Episode.

I thought it was a good episode. We had some best friend scenes with Adam/Jack and Chelsea/Chloe. Jack gives much better advice and support to Adam than Chloe does to Chelsea, of course. I liked the Adam/Jack scenes as usual. I liked Chelsea defending Adam some to Chloe. Chloe's advice was annoying as usual. I hope her reasoning for this advice is explored better as the storyline comes to a close, but I would not be surprised if nothing isn't explored about it.

My favorite part of the episode was the way Chelsea approached the conversation with Melanie. She gave her honest thoughts on the matter. She showed the conflict within her regarding seeing the good side in Adam such as when they shared a life and bed along with how Adam was gentle with the baby. I liked her saying that he was the "love of her life." I think Adam's great love comment will match up to Chelsea now, as I had previously thought anyway. It was interesting how Melanie said to Chelsea you still care for him and how she replied that she knows him. There was interesting irony when Chelsea talked about Adam not suffering over a lie, when her lie is playing a part in Adam's self-destruction.

Now, I do think Adam put up some effort regarding what Chelsea not to leave and he wanted both NE and her. Still, he lied to her and was not willing to follow through with her request to save their marriage, so in that regard she is correct. I liked how her POV came forward saying that he chose his NE family over a family with her.

I even liked the closing Chadam scene. I could see the love and appreciation in Adam's face and eyes when he came to thank Chelsea for what she had done. He was touched by what she had done.

I enjoyed the Paul and Nikki scenes. I thought there might have been some foreshadowing regarding Nikki and Dylan when he went from her in one scene to the bookshelf that Billy was working on that was supposed to be Dylan's job.

I thought the scene with Jill both talking about and looking at the picture of Katherine was touching and emotional.

I liked the closing Chadam scene too, Chelsea was fighting her feelings so hard. Adam won't stay away from her for long, its not the first time she told him to leave her alone. The important thing is, he knows that she helped him.

#19524   2013/08/26 07:36PM
    jamilah

Quote cdhg:
    Quote Ari1:
    Quote GidgetWithAChainsaw: Soap Opera Digest tweets:Erin Chambers (Melanie) is done at Y&R and her last day is August 26, reports Soap Opera Network. The character, who first aired on June 6, previously played Siobhan on GH. A Y&R spokesperson confirmed the exit.

Good. I'm glad she's gone. Her only purpose was to let Chelsea be the one to get Adam out of this mess. The storyline could have been written more interestingly. I wanted Chelsea to go undercover and expose her. But oh well. From this story we learned that Sharon wouldn't help Adam because she, like Melanie, is a woman scorned. We learned that Chelsea still loves Adam due to her little talk with Melanie. And we know that only Chelsea and Jack were willing to put themselves out there for Adam. Chelsea helping Adam out paves the way for their reunion.

There is supposed to be something about her throwing a grenade that blows up in her face, but perhaps that happens off canvas. I still figure something has to come out of the October due date that Chelsea said in front of Melanie and Adam. Maybe it is more on the Adam front.

I agree that this ended in a pretty lackluster way. I wanted things to happen in a more interesting way, but I think all of us have wanting more dramatic things in this storyline. As you say, it seemed more as a way for Chelsea to help Adam. I also see it as being used for Chelsea's POV to be shown to the viewer as Jamilah made reference to.

I am assuming this is referring to her last air date not to her last taping date.

In the comings and goings section on the main board it states that Aug 26 is her last air date. I think they decided to drop the S/L because it wasn't going over well with viewers. It was also a mockery to real rape victims who have a hard time proving that they were raped.
    I just hope Adam will spend some of his time trying to get Chelsea back instead of moping.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/26 07:37PM
    #19525   2013/08/26 07:38PM
    cdhg

Quote Ari1:
    Quote Ari1: Today's US show just reiterated to me that this whole baby con storyline has been about Adam getting his karma for past deeds so he can be redeemed. Adam even said to Jack that karma was at his doorstep. Because of the way he treated Sharon and Chelsea, neither will vouch for him as a character witness. Chloe, (who deserves some karma herself,) was talking about all the bad things Adam had done in the past including stealing a baby. She said he deserved jail time because of his past crimes. Adam was even ready to cut his loses and split town. All of Adam's dialogue from the past few shows have been about how he's made mistakes and how he won't get a chance to make up for them. Of course, we know he will get a second chance. His family is just waiting for him to come rescue them from the poor house.

I just don't understand how people on other threads can't see that this whole baby con is about karma for Adam stealing Sharon's child. The first thing the writers did when they came in was to kill the Chadam baby as karma for Ashley's miscarriage. Adam even said at the time he felt it was karma. Then he helps a mentally ill Sharon to make up for the fact that he drove Ashley crazy. Now his baby is being given to someone else to make up for the fact that he gave Sharon's baby to someone else. The problem is that this storyline took too long bc a pregnancy lasts 9 months and the characters all had to be dumbed down. So while Adam was paying for giving Sharon's baby to someone else, he had to stay away from Chelsea and his baby. Adam then got the chance to make up for stealing his father's company from him by giving it back to him. During this time he has had lots of time to reflect how important his family is to him and how nothing he accomplishes at NE will be worth it unless he has his family to share it with him. He got accused of rape as payback for how he used Sharon and toyed with her feelings. Now he has paid enough and will finally get that Norman Rockwell family he wanted all along with Chelsea.

I agree the writing for this story has been poor at times especially when it came to Chelsea, but she was playing a supporting role in Adam's redemption. By saving him from the rape charges, she's showing that she still loves him. Now he has a chance to rewrite history with chelsea.

Some people are just simpletons or just have too much biased for certain characters and couples that they do not look or even try to look at things objectively.

I was reading a post on another board, by someone saying that Shadam did not need any lines or storylines to make them a great couple. Well, Shadam was the product of plot driven stuff whether it be the kidnapping of Faith, the Skye Murder/Missing Mystery and Sharon's Convictions, Victor's shenanigans, the return to Kansas with Adam being blind, etc. Plot driven stuff, sex scenes, and wacky dialogue made up the bulk of that relationship.

Chadam was actually the story based more on the couple itself, vs. being tied to plot driven storylines or being the product of such storylines.

I let ignorance upset too much, instead of just laughing at it.

#19526   2013/08/26 08:03PM
    Ari1

Quote cdhg:
    Quote Ari1:

The way this story ended was very disappointing. I thought there was potential for some good story telling. Since the actress was on recurring, maybe she got another job and they had to wrap this up. But it was most unsatisfying.

What frustrates me about the writing is they have had a long time to come up with a better reason why Chelsea is lying to Adam. Why haven't they? If they broke up over adam's obsession with Sharon, that would have been more believable than the Paris story. Chelsea talking about how awful Adam can be just doesn't ring true. Adam did awful things in the past, but never to Chelsea. I get this sinking feeling we're never going to truly understand Chelsea's POV. This story should have been over when the baby was born. Now it's just beyond ridiculous. I want a good, powerful ending to this story. That's the only thing that will redeem it if that's even possible.

#19527   2013/08/26 08:41PM
    cdhg

Quote Ari1:
    Quote cdhg:
    Quote Ari1:

The way this story ended was very disappointing. I thought there was potential for some good story telling. Since the actress was on recurring, maybe she got another job and they had to wrap this up. But it was most unsatisfying.

What frustrates me about the writing is they have had a long time to come up with a better reason why Chelsea is lying to Adam. Why haven't they? If they broke up over adam's obsession with Sharon, that would have been more believable than the Paris story. Chelsea talking about how awful Adam can be just doesn't ring true. Adam did awful things in the past, but never to Chelsea. I get this sinking feeling we're never going to truly understand Chelsea's POV. This story should have been over when the baby was born. Now it's just beyond ridiculous. I want a good, powerful ending to this story. That's the only thing that will redeem it if that's even possible.

I think that any character and couple can be redeemed. I visited a few other threads on the main board, which I had not done in a while. I was pleased with the Chadam and Chelsea support as a number of posters who do not post in this thread showed their support for the couple. Jeanniebean507 mentioned that SOC was better regarding Chadam and Chelsea postings of late, and I was surprised that there wasn't as much hate on the main board here as usual, but I did not spend a lot of time in other threads. I just visited a few threads making a couple of posts.

It says a lot that this thread is one of if not the busiest thread on the board on a consistent basis for the past couple of months. It has slowed down some in here recently, as I am curious if some were banned. It seems we had more postings when there were dry spells without scenes, and now that we are getting more Chadam scenes, there is less posting.

The seemingly dumbing down of Adam and Dylan has been one of the drawbacks of this storyline among many.

We will be getting to the climatic moments soon, so hopefully they will be good.

It seems Chelsea is not really thinking about her past let alone her current lying when talking about Adam. I think the hurt and not feeling like she was important enough to Adam along with other's expressing their thoughts about Adam has influenced her mindset greatly. I think she will come around towards Adam soon.

#19528   2013/08/26 08:52PM
    TwoOfEach

The level of delusion on the Adam fan thread is almost funny. Some seem to think that Adam will soon be disentagled from Chelsea with either full-custody or backing off to let Chylan raise his son. The boy is lovesick showing up at her door twice in the same day when she's barely home from the hospital. He doesn't just want the baby, he wants the whole package. That's not going to instantly vanish.

Some of the Fall Previews have been obviously revamped. JG wanted Sharon's mental illness exposed rather quickly, but Ghost Cassie is still filming even though we're well into October scripts. Additionally, Lamar Archey says that the Mason-Hilary twist was JFP's idea so her handprint is all over the last week of scripts.

Dropping the Melanie rape s/l so quickly (when she has a whole section in the magazine previews) screams last minute JFP rewrite which means that TPTB wanted to establish Chelsea as still in love with Adam and for him to owe her at the same time. The Chadam-Shadam triangle was all JG; he's gone. JFP seems pretty sold on Chelsea being Adam's epic love.

If they don't go to Chadam right out of the gate, we're going to get an actual triangle. YR Insider tweeted the pic of Dylan holding Connor with Adam staring him down and Chelsea looking worried--MCE retweeted "I keep my love triangles in blue tones." All three showed up in blue shirts to the fan event and posed together on the red carpet. Either way, all this Free Adam crap isn't happening anytime soon. It might be November sweeps before we dump third wheel Dullen, but Chelsea's around for the long haul.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/26 09:00PM
    #19529   2013/08/26 09:08PM
    Ari1

Quote TwoOfEach: The level of delusion on the Adam fan thread is almost funny. Some seem to think that Adam will soon be disentagled from Chelsea with either full-custody or backing off to let Chylan raise his son. The boy is lovesick showing up at her door twice in the same day when she's barely home from the hospital. He doesn't just want the baby, he wants the whole package. That's not going to instantly vanish.

Some of the Fall Previews have been obviously revamped. JG wanted Sharon's mental illness exposed rather quickly, but Ghost Cassie is still filming even though we're well into October scripts. Additionally, Lamar Archey says that the Mason-Hilary twist was JFP's idea so her handprint is all over the last week of scripts.

Dropping the Melanie rape s/l so quickly (when she has a whole section in the magazine previews) screams last minute JFP rewrite which means that TPTB wanted to establish Chelsea as still in love with Adam and for him to owe her at the same time. The Chadam-Shadam triangle was all JG; he's gone. JFP seems pretty sold on Chelsea being Adam's epic love.

If they don't go to Chadam right out of the gate, we're going to get an actual triangle. YR Insider tweeted the pic of Dylan holding Connor with Adam staring him down and Chelsea looking worried--MCE retweeted "I keep my love triangles in blue tones." All three showed up in blue shirts to the fan event and posed together on the red carpet. Either way, all this Free Adam crap isn't happening anytime soon. It might be November sweeps before we dump third wheel Dullen, but Chelsea's around for the long haul.

I know! That Adam thread is annoying. All they do in there is b*tch and whine.

I hope there is not an Adam/Dylan triangle. Dylan needs to move on to somewhere else. I'm so ready for Chadam. They've been teasing us for 8 months.

#19530   2013/08/26 09:11PM
    Ari1

Quote cdhg:
    Quote Ari1:
    Quote Ari1: Today's US show just reiterated to me that this whole baby con storyline has been about Adam getting his karma for past deeds so he can be redeemed. Adam even said to Jack that karma was at his doorstep. Because of the way he treated Sharon and Chelsea, neither will vouch for him as a character witness. Chloe, (who deserves some karma herself,) was talking about all the bad things Adam had done in the past including stealing a baby. She said he deserved jail time because of his past crimes. Adam was even ready to cut his loses and split town. All of Adam's dialogue from the past few shows have been about how he's made mistakes and how he won't get a chance to make up for them. Of course, we know he will get a second chance. His family is just waiting for him to come rescue them from the poor house.

I just don't understand how people on other threads can't see that this whole baby con is about karma for Adam stealing Sharon's child. The first thing the writers did when they came in was to kill the Chadam baby as karma for Ashley's miscarriage. Adam even said at the time he felt it was karma. Then he helps a mentally ill Sharon to make up for the fact that he drove Ashley crazy. Now his baby is being given to someone else to make up for the fact that he gave Sharon's baby to someone else. The problem is that this storyline took too long bc a pregnancy lasts 9 months and the characters all had to be dumbed down. So while Adam was paying for giving Sharon's baby to someone else, he had to stay away from Chelsea and his baby. Adam then got the chance to make up for stealing his father's company from him by giving it back to him. During this time he has had lots of time to reflect how important his family is to him and how nothing he accomplishes at NE will be worth it unless he has his family to share it with him. He got accused of rape as payback for how he used Sharon and toyed with her feelings. Now he has paid enough and will finally get that Norman Rockwell family he wanted all along with Chelsea.

I agree the writing for this story has been poor at times especially when it came to Chelsea, but she was playing a supporting role in Adam's redemption. By saving him from the rape charges, she's showing that she still loves him. Now he has a chance to rewrite history with chelsea.

Some people are just simpletons or just have too much biased for certain characters and couples that they do not look or even try to look at things objectively.

I was reading a post on another board, by someone saying that Shadam did not need any lines or storylines to make them a great couple. Well, Shadam was the product of plot driven stuff whether it be the kidnapping of Faith, the Skye Murder/Missing Mystery and Sharon's Convictions, Victor's shenanigans, the return to Kansas with Adam being blind, etc. Plot driven stuff, sex scenes, and wacky dialogue made up the bulk of that relationship.

Chadam was actually the story based more on the couple itself, vs. being tied to plot driven storylines or being the product of such storylines.

I let ignorance upset too much, instead of just laughing at it.

I guess we will get the last laugh.

« 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list