List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/11/26 01:51PM, Views: 1575802, Replies: 31935
    « 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 » »| page:
    #14351   2013/07/20 06:15AM
    Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING
    Axl Rose

I wouldn't be surprised if later on down the road we end up having a Chelsea/Melanie rivalry

#14352   2013/07/20 08:38AM
    Laduree

Hey gals! I've been lurking on this thread for awhile. A little background: I'm a huge Adam fan, first and foremost, and I could watch him opposite a lamppost. I started out shipping Shadam, even though I have never been a fan of Sharon's apart from Adam. After she dumped him blind, and alone, I couldn't stand her. Then he met Chelsea. I really started liking Chadam at that point. When Chadam imploded, and Adam seemingly gravitated back to Sharon, I thought I would give it one last go, but my heart just wasn't in it. If I'm being perfectly honest, I don't care for Sharon any longer, and just see her as a total loon.

I hated on Chels for awhile because of what she's doing to Adam, but I can't deny the chemistry and the passion they bring to the screen. They are amazing together, and when they share scenes, everyone else just fades to the background. Anyway, I thought I would wade into the Chadam thread and show my support. I will never be able to get behind Shadam again. I. Just. Can't.

I do see a lot of positive signs leaning toward a Chadam reunion. Chylan appears to be total angst for Chadam. He's two degrees warmer than a reptile, and dumber than a box of hair. I can't imagine MCE being jazzed about this pairing. Chylan just sucks all the oxygen out of the room. She lights up opposite MM, so I'm very happy they will share a baby together, thereby keeping them anchored to each other permanently. No matter what happens, the potential will always be there.

#14353   2013/07/20 09:31AM
    Gemini50

Quote Laduree: Hey gals! I've been lurking on this thread for awhile. A little background: I'm a huge Adam fan, first and foremost, and I could watch him opposite a lamppost. I started out shipping Shadam, even though I have never been a fan of Sharon's apart from Adam. After she dumped him blind, and alone, I couldn't stand her. Then he met Chelsea. I really started liking Chadam at that point. When Chadam imploded, and Adam seemingly gravitated back to Sharon, I thought I would give it one last go, but my heart just wasn't in it. If I'm being perfectly honest, I don't care for Sharon any longer, and just see her as a total loon.

I hated on Chels for awhile because of what she's doing to Adam, but I can't deny the chemistry and the passion they bring to the screen. They are amazing together, and when they share scenes, everyone else just fades to the background. Anyway, I thought I would wade into the Chadam thread and show my support. I will never be able to get behind Shadam again. I. Just. Can't.

I do see a lot of positive signs leaning toward a Chadam reunion. Chylan appears to be total angst for Chadam. He's two degrees warmer than a reptile, and dumber than a box of hair. I can't imagine MCE being jazzed about this pairing. Chylan just sucks all the oxygen out of the room. She lights up opposite MM, so I'm very happy they will share a baby together, thereby keeping them anchored to each other permanently. No matter what happens, the potential will always be there.

Love your honesty and your post. Welcome. Hope to hear from you again.

CHADAM FOREVER just has to be I will not accept anything other than CHADAM. As you stated chemistry, passion and YES everyone else fades to the background when CHADAM is on
    they are magic individually and MOST DEFINITELY together.

Hope to see some romance soon. Anything with them on screen together although I am starving for much more than a screen presence, I want passion played out in front of me.
    Desperately in love with all things CHADAM.

#14354   2013/07/20 09:36AM
    Gemini50

Happy anniversay to CHADAM, it is one year ago today they were married in Kansas. In my mind they are still married.

And one year later they will be a family with baby CHADAM. Happy anniversay TO chadam + baby CHADAM.

Two loving parents who will love you unconditionally.

#14355   2013/07/20 10:21AM
    Laduree

Quote Gemini50:
    Quote Laduree: Hey gals! I've been lurking on this thread for awhile. A little background: I'm a huge Adam fan, first and foremost, and I could watch him opposite a lamppost. I started out shipping Shadam, even though I have never been a fan of Sharon's apart from Adam. After she dumped him blind, and alone, I couldn't stand her. Then he met Chelsea. I really started liking Chadam at that point. When Chadam imploded, and Adam seemingly gravitated back to Sharon, I thought I would give it one last go, but my heart just wasn't in it. If I'm being perfectly honest, I don't care for Sharon any longer, and just see her as a total loon.

CHADAM FOREVER just has to be I will not accept anything other than CHADAM. As you stated chemistry, passion and YES everyone else fades to the background when CHADAM is on

Hope to see some romance soon. Anything with them on screen together although I am starving for much more than a screen presence, I want passion played out in front of me.

Thanks for the welcome Gemini! As a loyal Adam fan it's not always easy trying to figure out who's best for him, but I gotta follow my heart, and my preference is Chelsea. I loved their romance, even though it would have been nice to see more grey Adam with Chels in the last go-round. He's completely grey now, which I LOVE, and not appropriate for sweet, sweet (although is she still sweet?) Sharon. Whatever magic Shadam had is gone IMO, so it wasn't that hard for me to say sayonara to them as a couple.

Also, I can see how desperate Adam is to get his Boo back. He sees a possible ripple in Navery's happily-ever-after, and if he can plant some seeds of division between them, then maybe Avery will give what's-his-name a second look. Then he can work on Chels. Adam is so fearful of her losing the baby, he's taken himself out of the equation, but I have a feeling he's fixin' to go Adam Newman very soon and start fighting for Chels. At least I hope so because we need some movement in this baby sl. I can't take anymore vacant stares on Dylan's face.

#14356   2013/07/20 12:13PM
    TwoOfEach

Welcome, Laduree.

#14357   2013/07/20 01:19PM
    Ari1

Quote Laduree:
    Quote Gemini50:

Thanks for the welcome Gemini! As a loyal Adam fan it's not always easy trying to figure out who's best for him, but I gotta follow my heart, and my preference is Chelsea. I loved their romance, even though it would have been nice to see more grey Adam with Chels in the last go-round. He's completely grey now, which I LOVE, and not appropriate for sweet, sweet (although is she still sweet?) Sharon. Whatever magic Shadam had is gone IMO, so it wasn't that hard for me to say sayonara to them as a couple.

Also, I can see how desperate Adam is to get his Boo back. He sees a possible ripple in Navery's happily-ever-after, and if he can plant some seeds of division between them, then maybe Avery will give what's-his-name a second look. Then he can work on Chels. Adam is so fearful of her losing the baby, he's taken himself out of the equation, but I have a feeling he's fixin' to go Adam Newman very soon and start fighting for Chels. At least I hope so because we need some movement in this baby sl. I can't take anymore vacant stares on Dylan's face.

Welcome! I've always liked Adam but he did not become one of my favorites until they paired him with Chelsea. I never liked the Shadam pairing. They got together the same way Chylan got together except worse. It was based on a lie and I could never get over Sharon choosing her baby's kidnapper over her child. Each time they got together I knew they would last about a week bc Sharon was so easily manipulated by others and what they thought. So I thought Adam looked weak and pathetic chasing after Sharon. Even Nola which Shadam fans point to as the best time for Shadam, it lasted all but a couple days when Sharon chose Nick over Adam. To me they weren't about love but addiction and obsession.
    When they paired Adam with Chelsea I saw him in a whole different light. I like how Chelsea has nothing to do with the Newmans. I thought their scenes together were so realistic and natural. I sometimes forgot they weren't a real couple. I also saw Adam act happy for the first time. He wasn't just all about being dark and sarcastic. He could be funny and light. I caught myself smiling all the time last summer during Chadam scenes. In the last Shadam scene, Sharon told Adam that he uses humor to make him seem like a real person, but it didn't work bc he was dead inside. Well to me, Chelsea made him human. He has come so far and I feel like pairing him with Sharon would just be a step backwards. I'm mad at Chelsea too for being so mean to Adam. She is deluding herself and I look forward to her seeing the error of her ways. I look forward to their reunion where they bring out the best and worst in each other. I see so many potential story lines for them Chadam is the future.

#14358   2013/07/20 03:43PM
    Chuckyducky

¿Qué tal, ese? ¿como ta?

Read your post! Loved it! I'm holding up a virtual lit bic cigarette lighter, right now. Reading that was like being in a U2 concert. It was that awesome!

I used to be a Shadam fan too...okay, I wanted Sharon away from Nick but anyway...I never got the allure but I was willing to wade through it until Adam made a better deal and he did...with Chelsea. I knew the minute they were in a scene together that I was going to totally fall head over heels for this couple. They just clicked...instantly. It was a beautiful sight to behold and I loved how different he was with him, and how natural. I wasn't used to that type of acting (on soap operas) and it was refreshing to see it on screen. Anyway, enough about me. Welcome to the fold and please, make yourself at home. We'd love to hear more of your thoughts...as we would any Chadam fan.

#14359   2013/07/20 03:49PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote cdhg:
    I think we are not too far away from the reunite, but still have some ways to go. I think it is happening on a timeline, with October being the key month. That is not so say there will not be good things in late August and September.

Regarding your question about Phick fans, I like Phick, but they would be probably towards the latter part of the Top 10 for me in Y & R couples. I like Michelle Stafford as an actress and playing the part of Phyllis.

After reading that Sharon Case interview earlier in the week, I actually seemed less desiring of a Shick reunion based on the way Case handled that interview along with seeming cold towards Michelle Stafford's departure. I actually seemed less enthusiastic about Case being on the show period, but I realize she is a good actress and a key one for Y & R.

I thought she had great scenes the past two weeks and it was nice to see her have those scenes with key characters that she has interacted with including Adam. Phadam was the best couple to have never been a couple on Y & R IMO.

I thought she could have more time with Michael in a scene, but overall the send off has been good. We will have to see how everything plays out.

I may be one of the few, but I liked the brief Nick/Diane pairing. Besides Sharon, which even she is more of a bad girl in recent years, I think Nick fits better with edgy characters like Phyllis and Diane.

Were you a fan of old Phyllis, new Phyllis, or both?

Cdhg, you're like a bowl of sherbet ice-cream on a hot-steamy day. Thank you for perking me up. I know we have a ways to go before Adam and Chelsea are reunited but, you have to understand, as a Chadam fan, we were so SPOILED.

We had everything at our fingertips. Anything we wanted...such as romance, great dialogue, outstanding characterization, passion, fun and angst...was right there for the taking. We needn't complain for anything. Chadam was everything I'd hope for!

So now that my couple is getting the ringer, me no likie. I'm not used to craving them and NOT getting what I want. It's a foreign feeling and I don't like it but thank you again for making this spoiled Chadam fan feel better.

#14360   2013/07/20 04:08PM
    justtwocents

Hilarious! Love it. Welcome to the CHADAM FOREVER thread. Great insights.

« 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list