List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/01 01:41PM, Views: 1495356, Replies: 31285
    « 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 » »| page:
    #13531   2013/07/10 09:47PM
    Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING
    cdhg

Quote Ari1:
    Quote Ari1: I see many parallels between Chelsea's con and Adam's original con.

Adam felt guilty bc Ashley lost her baby so he gave her Sharon's. Chelsea feels guilty bc Dylan lost his family so she is giving him Adam's.

Even though Adam supposedly loved Sharon he still let her grieve the loss of her child. He didn't come clean about the con. He was caught. Chelsea knows Adam is grieving but she can't come clean bc she feels guilty. She will get caught. Dylan will hate her. He won't act like Sharon. Adam will forgive Chelsea bc he wants to be a family with her.

Besides Sharon always wanted Nick over Adam. Nick was just never an option bc of Phyllis. Even when she hooked up with Adam in NOLA she told Adam she was going back to Nick. Nick just caught them together and told Sharon to go kick rocks. Adam got her by default.

Spot on. She was on the merry-go-round and remembered Paris. Nick wanted nothing more to do with her after finding out what had been going on in NOLA. Nick was then written more and more to his self-righteous, judgmental self, keeping Faith from Sharon and was used as propping for Shadam to draw sympathy for them as the couple who everyone was against and being unfair too.

She chose Adam after Nick gave up and to this day, Nick has not pursued her. He has softened his stance some regarding Shadam and has been more cordial with Sharon in recent months.

I am wanting a Shick reunite, and I think it would be interesting with Victor being unhappy with three relationships in his family: Chadam, Villy, and Shick.

#13532   2013/07/10 09:55PM
    cdhg

Quote TwoOfEach: For the first time ever, I'm beginning to hope Villy keep Johnny. I think Villy v Chadam could be an epic feud--continuing the Abbott v Newman rivalry. Having siblings (probably brothers) on opposite sides of the war keeps things interesting for down the line.

Yep, and all the more interesting when Johnny is the one to be a marrow or donor match for Baby Chadam. If brothers, they will probably be gambling together at some point or after the same woman and be involved in pregnancy storyline.

#13533   2013/07/10 10:01PM
    cdhg

Quote Ari1:
    Quote jamilah:
    Quote Ari1:
    Quote Ari1:
    Quote 3WishGenie:
    Quote Ari1:
    Quote Gemini50: Johnny is the most adorable baby! I enjoy seeing him so much. He gets a lot of airtime...love it. I always think he is Chelsea's son!

In the scene between Melanie and Adam after Victor just fired her, then Adam fires her, Adam made a comment, like father like....it looked like he did not want to be like his father or at least admit to it so he stopped himself, he looked uncomfortable and ashamed.
    I thought that was very revealing about Adam's character and that there is a strong part of him like Hope.

The one thing I noticed that might be a good sign for Chadam was Adam basically dumped Melanie bc she was a bad con. He said something like we could have had fun but you were out classed. He wasn't impressed with her conning abilities. Will he be impressed with Chelsea's?

He may be! Adam loves a challenge hehe.

The end of July cannot come soon enough. Dyldo and his sob story can go back to Chicago or better yet fall into a volcano! He is on screen like every day!!!

Dyldo and his sob story--you crack me up. That's how I feel, too. I hate Dylan. He's boring and his sob story will probably be boring.,I mean after all of this build up I doubt they can live up to writing something interesting for him. I mean if they were going to make him go wacko and take hostages or something ok. But he'll probably just mope around.

It seems our dark prince is going to go darker. Billy is now blaming him for his gambling and broken marriage. The writers might start dragging Adam's character through the mud so he and Chelsea will be on equal footing. She's getting a lot of hate now and Adam will soon, too.

I'm starting to think that Adam and Chelsea will both be the town pariahs when this story ends.

Chelsea is going to get more hate. Dylan is going to tell her his secret then the truth will be out and he will find out she is a liar...

I noticed the Can preview has Dylan saying he lost his whole family. He was the only one who survived. Nice word choice calling his unit his family. Now mean Chelsea will be taking away his new family. Boo hoo! She'll probably dig her heels in bc she doesn't want to hurt him.

Yep, when he tells Chelsea that, she will feel even more determined to keep him believing the lie. She backed off telling him in her room at the club, when he talked about the miscarriage. Ironically, Adam has the same issues regarding losing a baby and not having family except for Victor, which is not saying much.

I am hoping Dylan does not start talking about things he has done, especially if he has done some dark things. His confessing everything to Chelsea would only prop him up more and there needs to be a level of secret keeping that is roughly the same on both sides of the Chylan equation.

#13534   2013/07/10 10:08PM
    cdhg

Quote Ari1: Another spoilers says Avery confides in Dylan and he tells her to give Nick another chance. Avery starts wondering if she chose the right man.

Yes Avery! Dylan is the right man for you. Go for it!

This might be what sends Dylan over the edge. He pushes Avery back to Nick and Navery get married and then he finds out he was lied to and loses it.

Dylan will say this to Avery about accepting Nick's lie and then be upset when he finds out about Chelsea lie. I hope this is the way Dylan reacts. Dylan will have passed up his epic love.

#13535   2013/07/10 10:16PM
    cdhg

Quote TwoOfEach: SID- Jeffrey confront's Chelsea about the paternity of the baby. He pushes really hard and she offers $ to keep him quiet.

Chels you better get out now, 'cause you just admitted that Adam's the daddy and Jeff will sell your secret to the highest bidder. Finally things are moving!!! Jeff is one bad dad and I'm thrilled.

Chels keeps digging in either to not wanting to hurt Dylan and when the issue of money comes up. After the pregnancy lie, we had Adam telling Dylan about Chels and Champagne tastes and being upset regarding Chels and the divorce settlement. Then we have Adam telling Chels, he could have given her everything. We also had he fortune teller blow it when she brought up Adam being rich and powerful. Then we have Anita and Jeff making references to the money, plus the Dylan and Chelsea comebacks.

Now, we are going to have Chels bribing her father.

It looks like money will be involved or a lack there of it, when Adam and Chels take their falls.

If Jeff goes to Victor, then it will get ugly and perhaps that is part of Victor showing up at the Chylan wedding, as has been noted from a previously posted script.

#13536   2013/07/10 10:18PM
    cdhg

Quote gardengal:
    Quote jamilah:
    Quote Soapfan326: NE Spoilers for the week of July 22nd

Melanie and Billy unite against Adam

Phyllis and Sharon face off

Victoria confronts Chloe and Chelsea

Cane and Lily enjoy an evening of romance

Abby's insight troubles Lily

credit: jcren
    Edited by Daytime, 18 minutes ago.

Melanie and Billy that is a surprising turn of events, I didn't expect that at all. Does Billy really want Adam as an enemy? Bad idea!!!

Wonder if Melanie has some insight to the sudden appearance of the gamblers. I could see her using misinformation to get Billy as an ally.

Wonder what causes Victoria to confront Chloe and Chelsea together? Victoria still has one over Adam in the secret dept.

Side note: Isn't Johnny just adorable? Hope they get an equally cute Chadam baby.

Perhaps she wants their support in a possible custody battle for Johnny.

#13537   2013/07/10 10:27PM
    cdhg

Quote jamilah:
    Quote elizadolittle: Wow Adam was soooo cold in today's Cnd ep. He was definitely channelling Victor. Even though Melanie played with fire and got burned, I felt kinda sorry for her. Despite loving Chadam and wanting them back together I wasn't minding Melanie as a temporary distraction. Adam was so cold. I actually LOL'd it he was so cold that it was kinda shocking and funny

cdhg

I agree Melanie could cause a problem for Adam. Hell hath no fury....

Adam had to be cold to her to cut all ties. He is still obsessed with Victors love so he will not let Melanie stand in the way of that. Its surprising that he told Chelsea a few weeks ago that he was moving on with his life because it was better than waiting for her to come back to him. Does that mean if Chelsea came back he wouldn't care what daddy had to say about it. The writing is all over the place because he told Jack he didn't want to risk losing his fathers love to have Chelsea.. Not making much sense at all.

I think he eventually overcomes these father issues. Not putting her into the fray by actively pursuing her too hard would be a way of protecting her from the mess. If he witnesses something happening to her, such as being rushed to the hospital over stress caused by Victor, then I can see him rethinking things.

I definitely believes he wants her back and would like for her to know what he is dealing with based on what the fortune teller said. That sticking point with NE is what Adam sees as the path to Victor's love.

#13538   2013/07/10 10:36PM
    cdhg

Quote Ari1:
    Quote 3WishGenie:
    Quote Ari1:
    Quote Gemini50: Johnny is the most adorable baby! I enjoy seeing him so much. He gets a lot of airtime...love it. I always think he is Chelsea's son!

In the scene between Melanie and Adam after Victor just fired her, then Adam fires her, Adam made a comment, like father like....it looked like he did not want to be like his father or at least admit to it so he stopped himself, he looked uncomfortable and ashamed.
    I thought that was very revealing about Adam's character and that there is a strong part of him like Hope.

The one thing I noticed that might be a good sign for Chadam was Adam basically dumped Melanie bc she was a bad con. He said something like we could have had fun but you were out classed. He wasn't impressed with her conning abilities. Will he be impressed with Chelsea's?

He may be! Adam loves a challenge hehe.

The end of July cannot come soon enough. Dyldo and his sob story can go back to Chicago or better yet fall into a volcano! He is on screen like every day!!!

Dyldo and his sob story--you crack me up. That's how I feel, too. I hate Dylan. He's boring and his sob story will probably be boring.,I mean after all of this build up I doubt they can live up to writing something interesting for him. I mean if they were going to make him go wacko and take hostages or something ok. But he'll probably just mope around.

It seems our dark prince is going to go darker. Billy is now blaming him for his gambling and broken marriage. The writers might start dragging Adam's character through the mud so he and Chelsea will be on equal footing. She's getting a lot of hate now and Adam will soon, too.

I like the hostage idea too, of Dylan taking Chelsea, Summer and others with Adam and Nick having to work together against him.

Since James Franco has been used on GH, it would have been neat to have had him play the role opposite Chels in this storyline. He played the bad guy well on GH. He has played the military role in movies.

He could have come in for a few months and taped a lot in a short amount of time. Since he would have been a short term character, it could have ended with him going psycho and taking hostages.

James Franco could have been a ratings getter for Y & R and this storyline.

Dylan going psycho, might seem too hard of a redeemable character to the writers for long term purposes. If he was only going to be on the show for one year, it would have been more feasible. Still, Adam and others are popular despite some far out there stuff from the past.

#13539   2013/07/10 10:50PM
    cdhg

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote justtwocents:
    Quote TwoOfEach:
    Quote gardengal:
    Quote Ari1: Overall I thought this episode pointed to the truth coming out sooner rather than later.
    1. Jack says, " what kind if person lies about who's the father." Then the scene cuts to Chelsea.
    2. Jeff kept emphasizing how no one really knows who Dylan is. He had the funniest lines ever. "I don't know you from Adam err not that Adam, the biblical one" and "you're just the guy who's good with a nail gun." I loved that. Jeff and Anita were totally making fun of Dylan.
    3. Chelsea completely overreacted to Jeff's joke. It reminded me of how she overreacted to Adam when she ended up in the hospital. Anita said that Dylan was the husband/father that Chelsea deserved. That must mean he's going to turn into a real bad dude.
    4. The scene ended with Dylan starting to finally question Chelsea. He wanted to know what was going on btw Chelsea and her mom. Chelsea looked very nervous.

I think Chelsea will soon realize that her dream is about to turn into a Nightmare.

Oh that was cringe-worthy foreshadowing. It boggles the mind that poor Chelsea will be getting this karma for a storyline that was used to prop Dylan. Guess its my illogical logic wanting Dylan to pay a bit.

I agree. I do think that Chelsea needs to pay for lying, but I doubt it will go too far. Dylan can't get too tarnished and Adam doesn't deserve for anything bad to happen to his kid. Dylan's punishment is coming soon as well; he will be getting stuck with nutso Sharon next.

Hilarious! That's enough punishment for anyone!

IMO the only reason Dylan deserves punishment is for being boring and too stupid to count -- but unfortunately, most of this falls in our favorite gal's lap (thanks a lot writers!) I hope the baby won't pay for her decisions.

Of course Adam has his share in this too but I think he's paid through finding his baby blanket tossed in a "to go" box and other things.

Bottom line, I think the writing is going to have this fall in Chelsea's lap.

Hmmm....interesting!

Whelp, it looks like JFP and JG are trying not to paint her as a devious woman but they're also trying to keep her deception front and center.

To do this, they have to legitimize her feelings for a man she's deceived while painting her as cold and unfeeling towards an ex whose actions (during their marriage) encouraged her deception. If by "this"...will..."fall in Chelsea's lap" you mean, she will be viewed negatively by the men she's deceived, then yes, she will be blamed for causing unecessary heartache.

She should be blamed! But the trouble with JFP and JG is that they are afraid to villify her and thus, are skipping all the parts of the story that would make her much more idenfiable to fans. In a rush to paint Dylan as a heroic yet good man, they've used Chelsea's dialogue to develop his character through her point of view, rather than use the story itself to build a 3 dimensional character.

I think they've wasted too much time on that type of storytelling and based fans' unanimous reaction, I feel it was the wrong approach.

Chelsea's dialogue should have, instead, been used to highlight her demons...and the mistakes and past hurts that haunted her 'till this day. That would've helped audience easily identify with what's going on with her and why she does the things she does.

Instead, JFP and JG went with a different and less affective approach; which is sad because this girl had/has potential. Oh well!

In thinking about this more, this is absolutely right regarding Chelsea's perspective. If the writers would tie in some of her past experiences being a con and things that she went through with Anita, that would be a big help. Her expressing reasons for her insecurities and doubts based on past experiences would also help. This has been done some with Adam in the past. I am thinking back to the early July episode last year.

Right not there is a lot of reason to not understand why Chels is afraid of Adam taking the baby from her. He has come across in their scenes together as not one who would do that. The reasoning for Chels not telling Adam has been inconsistent too.

It just seems now that she has dug in and with pride and other things going on, will just not back off. There is some similarity here to Adam's switch of Faith from Sharon to Ashley as well regarding digging in too deep and just not have the willingness to get out.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/10 10:52PM
    #13540   2013/07/10 11:06PM
    cdhg

Last night the topic of shoddy writing was brought up. Sometimes little things irk me, like I mentioned regarding Dylan saying that he and Chelsea do not cook.

Perhaps this was all just a writing point to be used to illustrate that Chylan can be simple and just love the baby and not necessarily need an oven. However, as I mentioned, it is inconsistent with previous writing regarding Chels and cooking under both the old and new writing regime.

If the writing is good, there would be an instance of Adam going to Dylan's poorhouse. Upon arriving Adam could make a comment about their being no oven. Dylan could then make his comment about neither he or Chels cooking. Adam could then reply, "She cooked for me all the time. You must not know her very well, because she cooks a mean lasagna." That would be consistent writing and fit the storyline.

I do want Adam to come to the poorhouse and make some comments. It would be funny if Adam starting talking about Chelsea being disrespected with Dylan asking her to move in with the house not ready, not getting her a ring, not getting to know each other, and expecting her to design the place while going into the late part of her pregnancy and being a mother with a newborn while already having a full-time career. Dylan needs to do some work himself.
    If Adam brought Avery's name up to Dylan and Chelsea or even if he asked Avery if she would live there would be telling. Finally, Adam making a comment about the proposal on the wall would be priceless.

The comment about SB regarding the sofa being a joke was funny. From reading things on twitter, he seems to be pretty classy. I imagine he is ready for more meat from this storyline. Sometimes, I go overboard regarding the Dylan propping, when Burton probably wants levels to the Dylan character like a lot of us are wanting.

I have mentioned the issue of money in this storyline, which we also had the failed bribe attempt of the doctor, plus the failed bribe of the fortune teller. I think that goes to show that Adam and Chelsea may not be able to depend on money at crucial times coming up and may have to give up everything and receive support from unexpected sources. As long as it does not come from Victor with conditions, then it will be fine.

« 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list