List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam Fans (No Bash)

Started by Axl Rose at 2012/05/03 02:04PM
    Latest post: 2014/11/26 03:51AM, Views: 1574977, Replies: 31929
    « 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 » »| page:
    #13441   2013/07/09 09:44PM
    Re: Chadam Fans Only NO BASHING
    cdhg

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote cdhg:
    Chadam ending up at the penthouse would be nice or anywhere as long as they are together, except Dylan's warehouse.

I doubt the writers do this but it would be nice to have scene with Adam and Chelsea or Adam and Dylan or maybe Adam, Chelsea, Dylan, and Avery where the conversation of the warehouse comes up. Adam has not been there yet. It would be funny if he arrived and said to either Chels or Dylan maybe with Avery present that "you would not have Avery living here would you." It would be nice to see the expression on the others faces.

Today's Dylan propping in the US episode was a little much towards the end. The part where Dylan was going on about not wanting to be rich and that Adam may be smart at making money but was not smart enough to hold on to Chelsea was a bit much, although there was truth in the statement. Still, it is tough to hear Dylan say all of the right things and Chelsea praise him so much. I will say that is one of her strongest qualities, when she supports someone. She was supportive of Adam when things were going well.

The part about Dylan saying that Chelsea is a designer and can fix the place up again paints Dylan as the sweet guy.

If Adam every visits the warehouse, he might offer Chels more money to fix the poorhouse or even off the Penthouse again. I do not figure that he would want a child that he things could be his or even a child Chelsea has had with someone else living in such a place.

They did finally mention having discussed a boy's name for the baby, Terry.

When I think of Terry, I think of Terriers...as in a breed of a hunting dogs. God, couldn't the writers come up with a better name than that? Geeze!

Let's practice calling Chadam's baby "Terry".

C'mon boy, you can do it, FETCH! There ya go! Good boy! There ya go. Wanna milk bone!

Nah, I hate the name!

Funny stuff. Maybe the name is fitting since Adam and Chelsea are terriers themselves, but not with this being a Dylan connected name. I think if they have a boy and it is named Terry, that this name will quickly be changed. I have to think Terry will not be the name used.

Terry Newman. That just does not sound like a Newman heir or even a name that is used for babies much nowadays.

Well, we have the girls names of Emily and Scarlett. I like Emily a little better, but still.

#13442   2013/07/09 09:49PM
    cdhg

Quote Ari1:
    Quote ChadamEpicLove:
    Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote justtwocents:
    Quote TwoOfEach:
    Quote gardengal:
    Quote Ari1: Overall I thought this episode pointed to the truth coming out sooner rather than later.
    1. Jack says, " what kind if person lies about who's the father." Then the scene cuts to Chelsea.
    2. Jeff kept emphasizing how no one really knows who Dylan is. He had the funniest lines ever. "I don't know you from Adam err not that Adam, the biblical one" and "you're just the guy who's good with a nail gun." I loved that. Jeff and Anita were totally making fun of Dylan.
    3. Chelsea completely overreacted to Jeff's joke. It reminded me of how she overreacted to Adam when she ended up in the hospital. Anita said that Dylan was the husband/father that Chelsea deserved. That must mean he's going to turn into a real bad dude.
    4. The scene ended with Dylan starting to finally question Chelsea. He wanted to know what was going on btw Chelsea and her mom. Chelsea looked very nervous.

I think Chelsea will soon realize that her dream is about to turn into a Nightmare.

Oh that was cringe-worthy foreshadowing. It boggles the mind that poor Chelsea will be getting this karma for a storyline that was used to prop Dylan. Guess its my illogical logic wanting Dylan to pay a bit.

I agree. I do think that Chelsea needs to pay for lying, but I doubt it will go too far. Dylan can't get too tarnished and Adam doesn't deserve for anything bad to happen to his kid. Dylan's punishment is coming soon as well; he will be getting stuck with nutso Sharon next.

Hilarious! That's enough punishment for anyone!

IMO the only reason Dylan deserves punishment is for being boring and too stupid to count -- but unfortunately, most of this falls in our favorite gal's lap (thanks a lot writers!) I hope the baby won't pay for her decisions.

Of course Adam has his share in this too but I think he's paid through finding his baby blanket tossed in a "to go" box and other things.

Bottom line, I think the writing is going to have this fall in Chelsea's lap.

Hmmm....interesting!

Whelp, it looks like JFP and JG are trying not to paint her as a devious woman but they're also trying to keep her deception front and center.

To do this, they have to legitimize her feelings for a man she's deceived while painting her as cold and unfeeling towards an ex whose actions (during their marriage) encouraged her deception. If by "this"...will..."fall in Chelsea's lap" you mean, she will be viewed negatively by the men she's deceived, then yes, she will be blamed for causing unecessary heartache.

She should be blamed! But the trouble with JFP and JG is that they are afraid to villify her and thus, are skipping all the parts of the story that would make her much more idenfiable to fans. In a rush to paint Dylan as a heroic yet good man, they've used Chelsea's dialogue to develop his character through her point of view, rather than use the story itself to build a 3 dimensional character.

I think they've wasted too much time on that type of storytelling and based fans' unanimous reaction, I feel it was the wrong approach.

Chelsea's dialogue should have, instead, been used to highlight her demons...and the mistakes and past hurts that haunted her 'till this day. That would've helped audience easily identify with what's going on with her and why she does the things she does.

Instead, JFP and JG went with a different and less affective approach; which is sad because this girl had/has potential. Oh well!

This Chelsea is so different from the real one but her lies have taken a complete toll on my girl. I still love her but hate it when she calls her relationship with Dullyn the best relationship .SHUT UP GIRL, Your best and bestest relationship will always be Adam

I hope Steve Burton goes back to GH or leave the show. He brings no excitement or drama for YR except angst for Chadam. They have wasted his talent .

I think they will try and redeem Chelsea by showing how she wants to help Dylan. I wish they wouldn't go there bc I just want her away from him. Their scenes today were kind of awkward. They don't have the easy chemistry that Adam and Chelsea have. Jeff and Anita pointed out over and over that they don't really know much about Dylan. I think that was telling. He's probably going to have some dark past that only someone who has a history with him can forgive. I mean if Chelsea found out he murdered civilians or something why would she want to help him with that. She just thought he was a nice guy who would take care of her and her baby. Avery knows him and would be better suited to help him. Dylan's hiding something big from her, too. I hope we start seeing progress with story by the end of the week. Writers cut your loses with Chylan and give us Chadam!

Good points.

Regarding your post about Adam and Jack, that scene they had weeks back was definitely for a purpose and I would like to see another scene between them soon. I think that is a possibility.

I would like to see a Nick and Chelsea scene, which we have had very brief scenes with those two characters together. It would be interesting having Chelsea listen to Nick regarding his lie.

Regarding Billy and the gambling, Adam knew some of the stuff going on there, so I am not sure it would matter to Adam if Victor is causing this or not. Still, that would be an interesting angle, if Adam wasn't involved in setting Billy up, and came clean to Victoria about Victor being involved. Right now, Adam just isn't in that place. Actually, it was Adam who inspired Billy to do the poker game that night at OTB, when Billy won the restaurant.

#13443   2013/07/09 09:57PM
    Ari1

I do hope the writers don't drop the ball and just focus on Dylan's PTSD story. I want to see these story connect. I want to see scenes with Jack and Adam. It would be great to see Adam help Jack through his addiction issues. I mean he did it before when he was on pain killers. Both men would bond over hating Nick. They also have so much in common with Chadam being in the same situation that Phack was all those years ago. Those could be more Emmy worthy scenes. I also want to see Chelsea talk to Summer. If they keep Adam and Chelsea and Dylan in isolation, I will be beyond mad.

#13444   2013/07/09 09:57PM
    cdhg

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote ChadamEpicLove:

This Chelsea is so different from the real one but her lies have taken a complete toll on my girl. I still love her but hate it when she calls her relationship with Dullyn the best relationship .SHUT UP GIRL, Your best and bestest relationship will always be Adam

I hope Steve Burton goes back to GH or leave the show. He brings no excitement or drama for YR except angst for Chadam. They have wasted his talent .

I'm still waiting for SBu to prove he has talent. Rather than have his character developed through several points of view (that are NOT his own), I'd like to see the writers take a risk and use SBu's "talents" to show a layered, deeply flawed and troubled man.

Rather than build him as a heroic figure, I want to see cracks in his armor. Give me a man who's past could literally eat someone alive. Give me a character who'd hurt the one's he says he loves, while giving every ounce of his tender and considerate attention to a long-lost love (Avery).

Give me a character and a story that makes me want to know more about him, and then maybe I'd give SBu and the writers some credit for their "talents."

And I do not, for one blue-fairy second, think Chelsea is happy with Dylan. How can she be happy with a man she has to lie to everyday? Dylan is not Adam. He won't accept her for her. He won't love her unconditionally, flaws and all. He'll only take the part of her that fits into his worldview and those parts do not allow for any mishaps.

Quote cdhg:
    Excellent.

We got a little of Chelsea's point of view in the early months and shortly after revealing the baby lie. I remember her talking to her self at her fashion business. However, her bad dreams and thoughts have been so long ago that things are not fresh on viewers minds.

Now, we get a few moments in awkward conversations with Chloe.

And that's the scary part about this whole thing. The writers are beginning to put her in the back shelf. Her identity, her foibles, her insecurities, her fears, her ambivalence and her love for a man whom she thought, didn't love her as much she loved him....are all being pushed to the side to enhance another character. I truly loathe that. It's shotty writing and people I've spoken to (who've admitted to watching soaps, that is, lol) all say that they FF through their scenes.

I just wish the writers would get a clue.

Spot on. We do not receive much, if any, perspective on Chelsea's feelings. She goes from one day trying to find out if a fortune teller is being truthful regarding Adam and him loving her, to falling in love with Dylan and being very happy. I will say there was a little build up to Dylan, but not much. I would say the same thing regarding Dylan's feelings. We do not have much perspective on his either.

Still, I want Chelsea's perspective. Maybe this comes out when she comes to her senses, maybe in conversations later on in some heart to heart moments with Adam after the baby is born.

#13445   2013/07/09 10:04PM
    cdhg

Quote Ari1: I do hope the writers don't drop the ball and just focus on Dylan's PTSD story. I want to see these story connect. I want to see scenes with Jack and Adam. It would be great to see Adam help Jack through his addiction issues. I mean he did it before when he was on pain killers. Both men would bond over hating Nick. They also have so much in common with Chadam being in the same situation that Phack was all those years ago. Those could be more Emmy worthy scenes. I also want to see Chelsea talk to Summer. If they keep Adam and Chelsea and Dylan in isolation, I will be beyond mad.

I agree, that these stories need to connect and more actors need to be having scenes together and not be as isolated as you and Chuckyducky point out.

MCE is great, but she shines the best with Chelsea, I think, when she is interacting with the ones in the Newman orbit. I like her scenes with Victor, although, there have not been many of them. For having been married to Adam, they need to have more scenes together.

The Chelsea/Chloe scenes are way to repetitive and the Chylan scenes have some repetition too.

I do not like how the writers try to show Chylan as this poor, not interested in money, couple who like country music, simple things, and both have creative interest regarding fashion design and architectural design. Perhaps, this is all part of the propping for the fall out between the two.

#13446   2013/07/09 10:31PM
    Ari1

Quote cdhg:
    Quote Ari1: I do hope the writers don't drop the ball and just focus on Dylan's PTSD story. I want to see these story connect. I want to see scenes with Jack and Adam. It would be great to see Adam help Jack through his addiction issues. I mean he did it before when he was on pain killers. Both men would bond over hating Nick. They also have so much in common with Chadam being in the same situation that Phack was all those years ago. Those could be more Emmy worthy scenes. I also want to see Chelsea talk to Summer. If they keep Adam and Chelsea and Dylan in isolation, I will be beyond mad.

I agree, that these stories need to connect and more actors need to be having scenes together and not be as isolated as you and Chuckyducky point out.

MCE is great, but she shines the best with Chelsea, I think, when she is interacting with the ones in the Newman orbit. I like her scenes with Victor, although, there have not been many of them. For having been married to Adam, they need to have more scenes together.

The Chelsea/Chloe scenes are way to repetitive and the Chylan scenes have some repetition too.

I do not like how the writers try to show Chylan as this poor, not interested in money, couple who like country music, simple things, and both have creative interest regarding fashion design and architectural design. Perhaps, this is all part of the propping for the fall out between the two.

There is no way Chylan survive this. They have no history. Why would Dylan want to open up to someone about his personal issues who has lied to him every single day she has known him. I hope they don't get married. That would be unnecessary and a poor plot point since it won't last. I know it won't happen but I wish the truth would come out in the next couple of weeks. The fall out is going to be the dramatic part. Not the lead up to it. Like you said there are too many repetitive scenes already.

#13447   2013/07/09 10:34PM
    ChadamEpicLove

At this point with all this angst between ma babies and how they have both hurt each other, I still ship them because of their strong history and how they fell in love and become best friends. They are the Dynamic Duo . They are Epic as I always call them.

But..But until they are reunited, I need more interactions between Chadam. They are barely crossing paths as of late due to that stupid plot of not giving her stress. I need at least a rubbing the belly to feel the baby kick ...awww it reminds of Stretch *Riley* scene and more flashback scenes .

I think Adam knows he is the baby's daddy, he is just waiting for his lady love to fess up and confess . She is very stubborn just like Adam and has too much pride to go back to him. Grrrrrrrr

#13448   2013/07/09 11:49PM
    elizadolittle

Wow Adam was soooo cold in today's Cnd ep. He was definitely channelling Victor. Even though Melanie played with fire and got burned, I felt kinda sorry for her. Despite loving Chadam and wanting them back together I wasn't minding Melanie as a temporary distraction. Adam was so cold. I actually LOL'd it he was so cold that it was kinda shocking and funny

cdhg

I agree Melanie could cause a problem for Adam. Hell hath no fury....

#13449   2013/07/10 12:28AM
    Chuckyducky

I've been wanting to write this for a long, long time but I didn't want to offend anyone, so here goes:

Anytime I hear/read certain fans describe Shadam with the term "passion", my first real thought is....

"If you think that's passion, you ain't gettin' LAID!"

Seriously, it's like watching two dudes dry-hump each other, and in an off-beat, kind of hit-and-miss kind of way. How the hell did "passion" tie into that? I mean a couple of days ago, they had this thread called "The Steamiest Sex-Scenes" or whatever and you guys have no idea how close I came to insulting an entire fanbase but I digress. I had to get that off my chest, anyway!

Chadam is love baby! YEAH!

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/10 12:37AM
    #13450   2013/07/10 12:33AM
    Chuckyducky

Quote cdhg:
    Spot on. We do not receive much, if any, perspective on Chelsea's feelings. She goes from one day trying to find out if a fortune teller is being truthful regarding Adam and him loving her, to falling in love with Dylan and being very happy. I will say there was a little build up to Dylan, but not much. I would say the same thing regarding Dylan's feelings. We do not have much perspective on his either.

Still, I want Chelsea's perspective. Maybe this comes out when she comes to her senses, maybe in conversations later on in some heart to heart moments with Adam after the baby is born.

I'd like that! I also wouldn't mind watching her accidentally reveal her "true" feelings about Adam to Avery and admitting to her that part of her heartache didn't just stem from Adam choosing NE over her but also from him choosing to rescue Sharon rather than grieve the loss of their baby with her. You know!

A little honesty on her part, would go along way. I'm tired of the subterfuge!

« 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list